• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

Judo777

Smash Master
strange, so chain-jacketed hitbox placements aren't absolute
maybe it involved a FF? or actually you need to use chain before you hit the peak of your jump, maybe the amount of aerial momentum, or maybe your Fair was FF'ed, or maybe your fair hitbox length was cut-off at some point due to landing.
That's all the possible reasons i could come up with for variation.
Yea idk if the fair was ffed or not i cant remember i thought of that tho.

Also yea has to be sh not fh

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
How good is Sheik considered in teams? I'm thinking about teaming up with a Wario partner.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik is pretty situational in doubles. You either need a teammate who's good at dealing damage fast so the two of you can make up for your lack of KO power by just taking them from 0 to 150 in 5 seconds; or, a teammate who can actually KO. Wario might work out, just be sure to keep him safe from grab release combos.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Sheik + Snake works well. So does Sheik + Ganon even lmao... but that's a lot of strain on keeping Ganon from getting gimped.

On the + side Ganon kills so early it's not even funny... add that to Sheik racking fast damage and you have a team that can work well.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Think I'd rather pick Snake, DDD, DK, and Ike over Ganon haha. They're like, better versions of him haha.

Ty for the replies :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
D3 dthrow -> needles = force get up.

Fox sheik is ****.

Needles are one of the best projectines in a very cenergetic team.

(my comp broke Im on my DS, lol)

Gurken Paule

Smash Rookie
Hello!

I just started to second Sheik...but I just do not know how to cancel her jabs...
In the video at the first page it says I have to input a duck... Well, I am from Austria and I do not know all the special terms in english...
So it would be really nice if someone would descirbe it to me a litte more precisely

And..is there a trick to perform a SH? I really do have difficulties with that

-Mars-

Smash Hero
D3 dthrow -> needles = force get up.

Fox sheik is ****.

Needles are one of the best projectines in a very cenergetic team.

(my comp broke Im on my DS, lol)

Fox Sheik is a terrible team. Both hella light, Pikachu, and they essentially have most of the same bad matchups. So say you run into a team with Icies, Pika, Lucario, Marth, G&W, or a combinaion.......you'd be facing a steep uphill battle.

Better to get a teams partner that can help you out with your bad matchups and doesn't get ***** by the same characters you do.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Say your playing a Pika-MK team. Your partner is struggling to get back to the stage vs a MK and keeps getting nadoed/daired etc. and you just happened to get grabbed on the other side of the stage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Input down on the control stick (a crouch) to cancel your jab animation.

If you have troubles shorthopping, here's a trick my friend told me (and I never bothered using):
press the very edge of the X button and quickly slide your thumb off of it, which is much easier than pressing down and releasing quickly.

EDIT:
Fox/Sheik is ****. Honestly, unless you suck hard at covering each other, it's very unlikely for you to be caught in double-stupid-**** in an actual game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Input down on the control stick (a crouch) to cancel your jab animation.

If you have troubles shorthopping, here's a trick my friend told me (and I never bothered using):
press the very edge of the X button and quickly slide your thumb off of it, which is much easier than pressing down and releasing quickly.

EDIT:
Fox/Sheik is ****. Honestly, unless you suck hard at covering each other, it's very unlikely for you to be caught in double-stupid-**** in an actual game.
Lol that was too funny.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Idk how to describe it, he constantly has the bike and bike parts from the previously destroyed bike on stage. The guy I play throws them in a weird way where he can still pretend he's Melee Jigglypuff with his aerials and still have stupid **** flying everywhere lol. Approaching is ********...

Also, how the hell am I supposed to grab Wario with Sheik, omg.

I reallllyyy want to learn Sheik vs Wario cause everytime I go Falco the match goes for like, 6+ minutes

Judo777

Smash Master
Idk how to describe it, he constantly has the bike and bike parts from the previously destroyed bike on stage. The guy I play throws them in a weird way where he can still pretend he's Melee Jigglypuff with his aerials and still have stupid **** flying everywhere lol. Approaching is ********...

Also, how the hell am I supposed to grab Wario with Sheik, omg.

I reallllyyy want to learn Sheik vs Wario cause everytime I go Falco the match goes for like, 6+ minutes
Yea i played a good wario named Krysteades i think is how its spelled and he is one of the best warios in the MW. And his main tool with wario is the bike and he beat the piss out of me with that bike. He beats the piss out of everyone with that bike. Im pretty sure he beat boss in pools with that freaking bike lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.

clowsui

Smash Legend
njz just utilt as soon as wario thinks about approaching

beats 70% of his options

the other times, just run away, ftilt occasionally to zone, be aggressive when you can by zoning w/ aerials or following him with your movements

Judo777

Smash Master
Krysteades is exactly the person I'm talking about lol. He goes to my school.
Yea hes ridiculously good njz. And he doesnt really play like most other warios infact he very rarely approached from the air. Most of the time he would either wait for me to needle and use his bike to counter or we run up and bite or cross me up and bite. Very rarely used an aerial to approach. Um idk what to tell u i took a few games off of him but only thing i can say is rely on ur basics. get in his face jab and ftilt setups and go for grabs when u see ur chance. Most of my kills were grab to upsmash kills. Um yea try to space with bairs and what not but man he really is an exceptional wario.

Hikatori

Smash Rookie
Call me a noob. But does Sheik have any AT's? =x
Also, I'm having trouble with Sheik vs. Sonic. The sonic I play can Side-Special into an Aerial. =x

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
njz just utilt as soon as wario thinks about approaching

beats 70% of his options

the other times, just run away, ftilt occasionally to zone, be aggressive when you can by zoning w/ aerials or following him with your movements
Bike is to ghey though :(

I'll try to do what you did Judo, but yeah, his Wario is legit >_< Really don't want to resort to campy ol' Falco.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Call me a noob. But does Sheik have any AT's? =x
Also, I'm having trouble with Sheik vs. Sonic. The sonic I play can Side-Special into an Aerial. =x
She does, go ahead and head into our guide and read up on the AT's in there. Off hand I can mention:
DACUS
Pivot Walking
Vanish Gliding
just to name a few

as far as sonic, needles are your friend in this MU. You can't Ftilt lock him because he'll spring out but you have good follow ups. More than anything, use your shield because if that's all he does than shield the dash and punish the aerial with your own. It's pretty simple.

Judo777

Smash Master
I was thinking the other day about how we can chain camp and hit some projectiles like grenades (although chain camping snake isnt smart) but i was wondering why we can projectiles like grenades if our chain has transcendent priority and therefore does not interact with other hit boxes. I assume its cause items like grenades and pikmin have like hurtboxes and the chain is hitting that but im not sure and would like clarifiction.

I call upon the powers of ankoku!!!!! and ask that he makes this clear please.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Did Judo just call on the powers of Ankoku? **** gets ****ed up when people do that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Isn't it obvious? Grenades and Pikmin have hurtboxes. You can set off PK Fire bolts this way, too.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know how long it takes for sheik to leave the ground from a jump? I suppose it's not really important, I'm just curious.

Oh... & how long she's in the air on a short-hop, if you know that too. I looked in Project Know-it-all but didn't see anything about jumps.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It takes 5 frames for Sheik to become airborne. I have no idea about her air-time since that can change depending on shorthop, fullhop, low gravity, jumping from a platform down to the ground, jumping from the ground to a platform, etc.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I think data for SH, FH, and optimal FF on SH and FH should be gotten. It would be good for calculating aerial maneuvers of some kind?
then again, I wouldn't be the one getting them so I guess this post loses a lot of it's significance right there

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Same as anyone else - space well, retreat aerials when not committing, autocancel them when you are, stick with low-cooldown attacks to minimize possibility of punishment, stay safe until you know you've got an opening to exploit.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just wondering how much people have noticed DACUS improve their KO potential and how frequently they would find themselves using the AT_ I've finally gotten around to putting it into motion and looking at utilizing it further after spending time on strengthening some other weaknesses i held in my gameplay and mentality_

I am aware that some people such as Ankoku rarely use it but DMT and others seem to hold fairly adamant about it_ Obviously making it unpredictable and learning to use it effectively against GR characters is my major concern_ KO is becoming my downfall with the character especially against campier and more effective kill characters who can set up more options whilst playing defensively and reducing Shieks predictable kill options and higher KO requirements_

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, thank you... I meant short hop air time, but it doesn't really matter. Curiosity really.

Y'all have an archive of frame data anywhere I can look? Or you just know it off hand?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I rarely use DACUS because I pretty much never spend time on the game outside of friendlies and tournament, and I'm not really interested in practicing tech at either of those times.

You can search up Sheik's frame data but I never completed it, so I just remember a couple of things off memory. I'll look into getting the full thing done if anyone's really interested, though I could've sworn East was working on it before...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
only things I really care about are sheild advantages on my spacers/presure moves. bair fair ftilt jab.

My one buddy radix, (the only guy who ever 2-0s me in tourney, lol) has started up upB OOS my ftilts... its so dumb. MK can turn around during the start of his upB. so directly OOS he can hit behind him with upB. stupid... even marth can't do that.

Top Bottom