• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I was up all night doing their upBs.

OH~ important... well I have to go to work right now but... meh... I'll tell yall.
Sheiik and zelda's upB suck. you cannot slide against the left side of any stage this includes FD, BF, Yoshi's, and SV. oh the right side you can up B into the wall and you're vertical displacement will still be added until you clear the wall. on the left side neither your vertical nor your horizontal displacement will count one your character has touched the wall. that basically means you can let you self get into situations where you have to slide to get to an edge or even more importantly you have to slide to get on stage...

I'm sure a lot of people have experinced it (I have and assumed it was just a trait of smashville that isn't true) So I want to point it out. I plan on making a big post about a lot of things I've been coming across that will just up everyones game. hopefully with video too. but do expect it till after winterfest. gotta get this stupid dacus 100% for M2K. : )

It'll mostly cover jab, recovery as a whole, needles, and mindgames-baiting and punishing.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Uhhhh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMcFU4HIS_o&fmt=18

1:37

o_O

WTF+could us ZSS' use this consistency? If, lolz.

If you didn't already guess it, I'm pretty **** sure that it was the wind from Shiek's reappearing that canceled the drop-momentum from the Dair. It would only possibly be reliable if we see the up-b coming, which honestly probably wouldn't be that hard considering the predictability of shiek's recovery, though the timing might be tight... I really don't know, because I haven't tried it myself/heard anything about it.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Uhhhh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMcFU4HIS_o&fmt=18

1:37

o_O

WTF+could us ZSS' use this consistency? If, lolz.

If you didn't already guess it, I'm pretty **** sure that it was the wind from Shiek's reappearing that canceled the drop-momentum from the Dair. It would only possibly be reliable if we see the up-b coming, which honestly probably wouldn't be that hard considering the predictability of shiek's recovery, though the timing might be tight... I really don't know, because I haven't tried it myself/heard anything about it.
100% to risky

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any character with a quick spike can jump off the ledge and spike Sheik out of the reappearance. It just takes some really good timing.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I'm not a long term sheik main so dont take my word for anything but I think decent, Utilt hits twice through the platforms, usmash tippers through the platform, if you don't want to get grabbed you can attempt to needle camp platforms.

but then the platforms also mess with your grab release game.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
bf is probably her best neutral and the platforms really don't mess with your gr stuff that much. Honestly of all the platform stages, this one interrupts gr->upsmash the least for me.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm not a long term sheik main so dont take my word for anything but I think decent, Utilt hits twice through the platforms, usmash tippers through the platform, if you don't want to get grabbed you can attempt to needle camp platforms.

but then the platforms also mess with your grab release game.
Interesting enough Sheik ftilt can also hit though BF platforms but not on everyone. The only three I remember though are Meta knight, Boswer and I think Kirby...

Never found a real use for it :ohwell:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Is there any way that you can have some sort of influence on forcing your opponent to air break even if they are a taller character such as Snake?

J4pu

Smash Champion
specifically, no
but you can not force them to ground break, lol
if you are pummelling when they release they will auto release to the ground no matter what, but if you aren't and they press a jump input when they release, they will release to the air.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
specifically, no
but you can not force them to ground break, lol
if you are pummelling when they release they will auto release to the ground no matter what, but if you aren't and they press a jump input when they release, they will release to the air.
Not always true, to use a force a air break on someone like snake you would have to grab him in a way so that his feet are hanging off stage or on a uneven ground like yoshis. Just as long as who ever you have grabbed feet are not touching the ground they will normally do a air break.

J4pu

Smash Champion
sry, yeah i was thinking of once they had already been grabbed is there anything you can do.
also I don't think there's any hills steep enough to get snake's feet off the ground, I did testing for falco, and he can only barely get MK's feet off the ground on the steepest (legal) hills.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
um don't pummel to increase the chances of them jump releasing. it's all in their hands. most people mash buttons including jump to get out of the grab as soon as possible you can take advantage of that.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
um don't pummel to increase the chances of them jump releasing. it's all in their hands. most people mash buttons including jump to get out of the grab as soon as possible you can take advantage of that.
I'm 100% sure that pummeling will always cause a ground break. Even if they hold up they will ground break IF the break happens while the pummel effect is still in.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I'm 100% sure that pummeling will always cause a ground break. Even if they hold up they will ground break IF the break happens while the pummel effect is still in.
um, I think that's what <3 just said
which is what I just said before that

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well if you follow the Sheik scene then odds are you have heard of him since he was a semi regular poster here on smashboards at one point and goes to tournaments. He also use to play online a bit on allisbrawl but I don't think outside of people he himself has played he is know. With that said though because of his skill with sheik I'll think who ever he fights will remember him.

Occasionally you will see someone come here and post something about how good his sheik is but because his now less active tournament attendants players that are in his area that use Sheik like Light are most likely better known and referred to before him.

Personally I love the guy though, at one point his sheik style was very similar to mine.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Well if you follow the Sheik scene then odds are you have heard of him since he was a semi regular poster here on smashboards at one point and goes to tournaments. He also use to play online a bit on allisbrawl but I don't think outside of people he himself has played he is know. With that said though because of his skill with sheik I'll think who ever he fights will remember him.

Occasionally you will see someone come here and post something about how good his sheik is but because his now less active tournament attendants players that are in his area that use Sheik like Light are most likely better known and referred to before him.

Personally I love the guy though, at one point his sheik style was very similar to mine.
well i know the guy, i hang out with him every now and again i was just wondering where would he rank as a sheik player. nationally if possible. would you say he is withing the top 5 or 10 or anything like that.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
well i know the guy, i hang out with him every now and again i was just wondering where would he rank as a sheik player. nationally if possible. would you say he is withing the top 5 or 10 or anything like that.
Honestly we don't have a sheik power ranking yet so I cannot give a official answer but I like to think of him to be at least within the top 10.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Me and Cross used to have fun lagfi fights back in the day. He used to like spam vanish lol I think he explored the potential of vanish more than anyone I had come across.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Me and Cross used to have fun lagfi fights back in the day. He used to like spam vanish lol I think he explored the potential of vanish more than anyone I had come across.
so true he does love to vanish. well thanks guys this helps me out

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if these have been asked yet, but I haven't read through this thread and didn't see any other posts that I thought would address these questions:

1) Is chain jacketing (commonly) banned at tournies? I've never used it before so I'm really just curious about that. It wasn't listed in any tournament's rules that I've been to so idk if it's allowed or they just don't know about it.

2) Has a video been made yet outlining Sheik's banana-game possibilities? I've heard from a few Diddy mains that she has good banana combos, but I haven't seen any videos of what she can do.

Judo777

Smash Master
I'm sure that is banned, other wise nope.
It's not banned. Why would it be? Its honestly not as good as the regular chain IMO. Just dont freeze the wii but we know how to make it not freeze the game so it doesnt matter.

Oops i think i misread but the post needs to stay out my bad <3

J4pu

Smash Champion
How do you freeze the game using Chain jacket?

and also, is it possible to do multiple Ftilts without moving forward at all?
Even when they seem perfect to me, sheik kinda pivots forward on the standing foot everytime just a little.

Judo777

Smash Master
How do you freeze the game using Chain jacket?

and also, is it possible to do multiple Ftilts without moving forward at all?
Even when they seem perfect to me, sheik kinda pivots forward on the standing foot everytime just a little.
I believe if chain jacket is the first time u have used the chain that game it will freeze and if its the first, second or third move of the game it will freeze the wii.

Also i do believe it is possible to ftilt without moving it has to be perfect tho.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Lol.

Anyways. If IC ever get a chain grab going, do everything you possibly can to keep the opponent's team mate from disrupting the chain grab.

Top Bottom