• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

TheMike

Smash Lord
So, I can't deal with frame data atm and I would like to know how long the Ftilt's hitstun frames last.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
so i've working with advance techs with sheik. naritake step to true pivot to dsmash is godly. its all about dashes basically. this will up sheiks game a lil bit. also a really fast dash dance to a needle cancels momentum in the air. i just wanted to tell you guys this . you may just bash me and say its useless. this was actually my playing style when i was good at APEX but it wasn't fully developed yet. this tech is hard to master. and you have to dedicate a lil time in the training room. ill have a video up.

- Naritake step > True Pivot > Dsmash
- Fast dash dance > true pivot = true spacer
- Short dash > true pivot = true spacer
- Buffered dash dance after needle cancel = cancels momentum ( confuses opponent)
- Dash dance > short dash dance > dash with shield > true pivot > dtilt,ftilt,jab,fsmash, usmash ( confuses opponent)
(with the true pivot you can do basically anything if they expect a dsmash then just space a fair into it)
(Also SHAD(short hop air dodges) instead of empty short hops are smart)
also add full hops to your game too.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I always figured that the true pivot stuff was useful, but not once have I ever been able to true pivot. I figure I must being doing something wrong or my fingers are just too slow. =/

What do you mean by narikate-> true pivot. Aren;'t those the same thing? And what is a short dash dance? And why would one short hop air dodge as opposed to just empty hops since it doesn't commit you to anything?

And nice to see you haven't completely abandoned the sheik community. =D

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
naritake step is like a quick short dash then you pivot. true pivot. it took me literally 2 hrs a day to train my fingers to do it. SHADing gives invincibility frames. instead of empty short hops that just leave spacing but no invincibility frames

true pivot. (dash the other direction, quickly cancel the dash with the opposite direction) the illusion is that it basically moves you like 3 steps the other direction. then you can input a fsmash or w/e

-Mars-

Smash Hero
SHAD'ing leaves you with landing lag......it's incredibly easy to grab someone if they SHAD.

J4pu

Smash Champion
as far as I know landing during an AD does not increase landing lag frames, and it also allows you to buffer your next move that will execute after you land giving you the ability to be frame perfect much easier.

true pivot is dash away > turnaround?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SHAD and empty SH have the same landing lag, but I think Mars was referring to the fact that it still has landing lag.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't like SHAD because it tells you opponent you comited to not having a hit box out for the whole time you are in the air, it's very easy to see, react to and punish in my eyes. empty short hops still leave you with options fair and bair being the main ones.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I've been using empty short hops with Sheik since before NA release of Brawl... SHADing is easily the worse option. Sheik's air dodge is simply nothing special.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Can someone explain how to true pivot with A LOT of detail making it impossible to not understand? I've read phanna's thread on it several times and still don't get it. =/

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I was under the impression that true pivoting was

dash->
buffer facing <-
return control stick to neutral + input command

When doing this, you move either left or right and can do any move really quickly and it spaces like sweet ***. I'm pretty sure naritake step and true pivot are the same. I though you're confusing true pivoting with stutter stepping, which moves about the space of a foxtrot and allows you to smash in the opposite direction, allowing better spacing.

Judo777

Smash Master
So when is anyone ever gonna get the frame data on how sh chain works like how many frames of hitstun and how quickly u can hit people with it?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Question.

Sheik's jabx2.

Completely stale vs. not stale at all- How much of a difference does that make knock-back-wise? If I were to ignore it till kill percentages would there be a very noticeable difference? Jabx2-> n-air has been decently reliable against a few characters, which is why I'm asking.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Actually I would like to know about that too. I always forget to mention it. If anyone would know, I bet it'd be <3.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
honestly I'm not sure... There won't be any noticable difference around those kill percents. but do note even at 0% you can DI the second jab very very far. that isn't going to happen on reaction too often. the few cases it does I've been able to notice before I input the dsmash. nair or dash nair will normally cover for DI and is generally a better option over all if you can see that they are in the air.

but that said jab is amazing use it always.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
tbh sonic's b-air has a weird hitbox underneath it, so he could attempt to attack you from right above to avoid the chain, but most sonic's dont know about this.
so realistically they have to rely on us messing up the chain

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If it's on yoshis then you can't chain camp sonic as he can make it so he can spin attack though the chain by starting his attack off the sides.

Other then that his best hope is getting behind you and doing mix ups of dash attacks and run into fairs.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
wow i'm going to feel terrible playing ultra gay against X but i'm going to do it lmao.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
wow i'm going to feel terrible playing ultra gay against X but i'm going to do it lmao.
Well the match up is very winnable even if you don't try to chain camp Sonic just make sure you avoid being left on yoshi story in the crossing out. If he knows about the chain camp then you might as well save the both of you some time and just suggest going to Smashville unless the numbers of neutrals are different.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
you wont be able to "camp" sonic with the chain, he will just attack from behind where it takes longer to produce hitboxes. He can just spindash behind us and even if our chain hits him before he connects, the chain only stops his spindash and doesnt stun him

but anyways I have a question, I would like to know some good CPs for sheik that arent neutral stages.
Castle Seige tends to be my only pick which is great and all, but it would be nice to know more stages where sheik pwns and other characters suffer, if we have any?
also an explanation as to why would be nice
I consider only BF, FD, YI and SV to be neutrals

Judo777

Smash Master
Yea i have 3 general CP's is the matchup prefers me to have lots of space like a flat stage halberd is the way to go. Also if gimping is necessary halberd for sure.

If they are a character that do well on flat stages and u want platforms go norfair.

Castle siege is my cp for mk and its pretty good overall.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't think CS is that good of a CP for sheik. messes up her needle game. her grab release game... I don't know it isn't horrible but even decay ftilt isn't going to garuntee a stock. it's not worth a whole stage IMO.

I like BF, FD, SV in that order. sheik ***** those BF plats hard.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My stage preferences for Sheik are
1. Battlefield
2. Pokémon Stadium 1
3. Pictochat
4. Smashville
5. Final Destination

-Mars-

Smash Hero
1. Halberd
2. Smashville
3. Lylat Cruise
4. Jungle Japes
5. Castle Siege
6. Battlefield
7. Pokemon Stadium 1

Lol weird I know but I hate FD, YI, and stages like Brinstar

Judo777

Smash Master
Thought i should post this i have only gotten this to work twice but on 2 different occasions i have chain jacketed a fair and had it have 3 hit boxes 2 on top of each other and 1 at the end of the chain fairing people toward me and then comboing into the next 2 hits. I have a few witnesses of this and i thought it was worth mentioning.

Funny thing was i got it the second time when i was telling other people that i couldnt replicate it after the first time. The to demonstrate what normally happens i jacketed it and it was the special one i did before lol

J4pu

Smash Champion
strange, so chain-jacketed hitbox placements aren't absolute
maybe it involved a FF? or actually you need to use chain before you hit the peak of your jump, maybe the amount of aerial momentum, or maybe your Fair was FF'ed, or maybe your fair hitbox length was cut-off at some point due to landing.
That's all the possible reasons i could come up with for variation.

spurtz

Smash Rookie
I have tried chain-jacket, it just won't work when I use it :(

I did a single full hop then f + B, but nothing special happened :(
Don't know what I did wrong.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I have tried chain-jacket, it just won't work when I use it :(

I did a single full hop then f + B, but nothing special happened :(
Don't know what I did wrong.
you have to time the chain perfectly, it's pretty hard to get (at least at first)
also I think it's during a SH not a FH

Top Bottom