• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
tristan is like the sheik everyone knows. i'm just as good. but not many people know me. i dont know why though.. i guess i'm a little jealous tristan has more fame...
lolll

Stop setting your sights so low.

Best *player of Sheik* really doesn't mean anything. Is like... *stands out 'cause he loses in style*!
Be best *player of state* or best *player of region*! Then it matters.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
He's not much of a tourney goer yet, he's been to one tournament, though I have every confidence he'll go far. Tristan is more famous in the Sheik community for his steadfast involvement with the Sheik metagame as a poster rather then his tournament experience (for now).

Top tournament going Sheiks are Chok, Champ, Light and Villi.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
i'm getting very good at chain jacketing in battle. is there any magical combination of control stick flailing that will send the tip out in front or above me faster than, well, flailing it
Analog down and forward.
Like doing ryu or Ken's special in S.F.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
lolll

Stop setting your sights so low.

Best *player of Sheik* really doesn't mean anything. Is like... *stands out 'cause he loses in style*!
Be best *player of state* or best *player of region*! Then it matters.
I agree with you Ankoku.
I'm trying to become best Sheik in N.Y.C. but I hear SNAKEEE is.
And he's also best ZSS in the wrold.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Blistering Speed kind words warmed my heart up a bit about this community plus the fact I was rather sad that I decide to not share this to a large group of people so.... yeah. I like getting pat on the head for doing hard work. I can't help it! I spend like 3 hours on this today...
Combo info on Marth
Killing usmash 84%
Decay ftilt into Usmash in killing percents
1. NA
2. 84-88
3. 84-95
4. 84-102
5. 89-109
No Decay or 1.05 ftilt into...

Edit: these are all only listed as 2 hit combos. Although some of them might combo into one another such as the ftilt, jab, dsmash the listed of moves after the “frame advantage” is not listing combos but options for that amount of frame advantage Sheik will have.

13-16= 2 frame advantage jab
17-21= 3 frame advantage jab
22-26=4 frame advantage jab, dsmash
27-30 = 5 frame advantage jab, dsmash, utilt, ftilt, dtilt
31-35 = 6 frame advantage = jab, dsmash, utilt, ftilt, dtilt, standing grab
36-39 = 7 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair,
40-44 = 8 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair
45-49 = 9 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair
50-53 = 10 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair
54-58 = 11 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair, usmash, needle
59-62 = 12 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair, usmash, needle, fsmash
63-67 = 13 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair, usmash, needle, fsmash, side hit usmash. ~everything listed.
68-72 = 14 frame advantage ~everything listed above.
73- 999 = -4 frame advantage.

1 decay or .9 ftilt into...
16-20 =2 frame advantage jab
21-25 =3 frame advantage jab
26-30 =4 frame advantage jab, dsmash
31-35 = 5 frame advantage jab, dsmash, utilt, ftilt, dtilt
36-40= 6 frame advantage jab, dsmash, utilt, ftilt, dtilt, standing grab
41-45= 7 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair
46-50=8 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair
51-56=9 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair
57-61=10 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair
62-66=11 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair, usmash, needle
67-71=12 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair, usmash, needle, fsmash
72-76=13 frame advantage jab, dsmash, ftilt, utilt, standing grab, dash grab, nair, uair, fair, usmash, needle, fsmash, side hit usmash. ~everything listed.
77-81=14 frame advantage ~everything listed above.
82-999 = -4 frame advantage

I'm planning to do some of the other decay ftilts as well and apply this much effort on the entire top, high, and threat characters such as luigi and peach.

edit: You guys better flip ****, I was thinking about waiting a year to even post this much.

Villi

Smash Lord
Hiyahhh... that's comprehensive! Did you actually test this stuff in vs mode, cuz I noticed dtilt go away at higher percents. o.o

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hiyahhh... that's comprehensive! Did you actually test this stuff in vs mode, cuz I noticed dtilt go away at higher percents. o.o
No I did not test this as of yet and I highly doubt you could link ftilt at 50% into a dtilt. The reason it's listed is so to show you have the option to do the dtilt even though it won’t land... The same can be said with the usmash as even though it has 14 frame advantage does not mean it will combo directly into usmash guaranteed or if it does the timing it harsh.
The moves listed are just there to help suggest what to look into not guild the user in what they should or not do.

LOL tristan you memorized all of that, I know it

you freak <3

go win apex for us
Haha, Cross and I are sure as hell going to try.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
No I did not test this as of yet and I highly doubt you could link ftilt at 50% into a dtilt. The reason it's listed is so to show you have the option to do the dtilt even though it won’t land... The same can be said with the usmash as even though it has 14 frame advantage does not mean it will combo directly into usmash guaranteed or if it does the timing it harsh.
The moves listed are just there to help suggest what to look into not guild the user in what they should or not do.

Haha, Cross and I are sure as hell going to try.
Wait.. "No I did not test this as of yet." -Tristan
That means that he wrote this off of the top of his head. O-o geek... (lol j/k)
I'll try and memorize that too... but, I think I already have it memorized.... geek... :urg:

WOOT!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Blistering Speed kind words warmed my heart up a bit about this community plus the fact I was rather sad that I decide to not share this to a large group of people so.... yeah. I like getting pat on the head for doing hard work. I can't help it! I spend like 3 hours on this today...
Oh you know how I love my frame data. Very indepth, I see a few niggles but you already explained that, good ****.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
^_^ Good to hear Blister...

Oh and on another note after watching Gimpyfish combo video again I must say a lot of those strings he was doing are actual combos or have the potential to be so. Funny enough day by day I notice my style shifting more towards gimpys now just with decay ftilt into usmash, chain, and a dacus or six in there.

... I still love my dacus :3 but in tournament matches I won’t use it as much so I can kill early unless I want to do like decay of 7th ftilt into usmash which by then a strong nair would most likely kill >_>

edit: is it just me or is my name color white?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Very good **** Tristan. *pats on head* ^.^ Seriously it helped get how ftilt to upsmash (sheik's key to high tier) works a little better. Very cool to see how many options you have from ftilt and how decay can play a major role.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Since we're on the subject of decayed Ftilt to Usmash, I have a question about move decay.

Does it matter where on the move decay list the moves are?

For example if my last ten moves were (from earliest to latest):

Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt, Dsmash, Jab, Jab, Fair, Dtilt, Nair

Is that different from (from earliest to latest):

Nair, Dtilt, Fair, Jab, Jab, Dsmash, Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Since we're on the subject of decayed Ftilt to Usmash, I have a question about move decay.

Does it matter where on the move decay list the moves are?

For example if my last ten moves were (from earliest to latest):

Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt, Dsmash, Jab, Jab, Fair, Dtilt, Nair

Is that different from (from earliest to latest):

Nair, Dtilt, Fair, Jab, Jab, Dsmash, Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt, Ftilt
Yes.

From most recent to least recent on the 9-attack queue, going left to right. Multiple entries will add together. Formula is 1.05 if the attack is not on the queue at all, and 1 - (total decay amounts) if it is.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Yes.

From most recent to least recent on the 9-attack queue, going left to right. Multiple entries will add together. Formula is 1.05 if the attack is not on the queue at all, and 1 - (total decay amounts) if it is.
Thanks a bunch Ankoku, I figured the order mattered but I wasn't sure.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Anyone want to answer this?

me and tristan are doubles partners . for apex . and we do pretty good online. sheik dittos as partners is awesome if you and your partner memorized looked at the decay chart before the match. ftilt usmash and ftilt to airs and such. you can also have double chain. and have 2 dacus people on the stage. one time tristan usmash and the guy di to left. i caught him on the di with a dacus.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Where does the d-tilt hit in relation to sheik's foot when she performs it?
The dtilt like most of sheiks attacks I think have three hit boxes

thigh
knee
foot.

Currently though I'm unsure about the knee hit box so it might be just safe to say there's only two. Interesting enough though the "thigh" hitbox if you could really call it that expands like 3/4 into Sheik so it's possible to back up in the crawl and do a Jiggliy puff like hit but with the dtilt.

saviorslegacy

The dtilt like most of sheiks attacks I think have three hit boxes

thigh
knee
foot.

Currently though I'm unsure about the knee hit box so it might be just safe to say there's only two. Interesting enough though the "thigh" hitbox if you could really call it that expands like 3/4 into Sheik so it's possible to back up in the crawl and do a Jiggliy puff like hit but with the dtilt.
The hit box of the knee seems to just be the knee. No invisable hit boxs (looks at Snake <,<). As for power.
It is one less total damage compared to the foot.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Stage specific. Uses the curvature of the ground to do it. jump, and when you hit the ground, crawl backward and profit. You have to jump so you land on the left angled part of the edge, and then crawl so you crawl on the part of the level with a differently angled ground. Pretty useless : /

saviorslegacy

Stage specific. Uses the curvature of the ground to do it. jump, and when you hit the ground, crawl backward and profit. You have to jump so you land on the left angled part of the edge, and then crawl so you crawl on the part of the level with a differently angled ground. Pretty useless : /
Oh maaaaannn... I was hoping it would be a new tech. T-T Just look at that jit box. If you could just do that normally then Sheik would be even more PWN!

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you tilt?

I have this big problem with the ftilt lock: either I keep the control stick to the side and press a, which makes me overtake my opponent and get punished; or I try to do each tilt individually, and I end up fsmashing on my second attempt, even though I only tilt the stick halfway.

The thing is, it seems the game determines wether you tilt or smash according to the speed of the tilting motion, not the distance; and when I do manage to chain tilts, I do it too slowly and the opponent can escape it (withought DI).

what am I doing wrong/is there something I missed?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
What Ankoku said. Keep the analog stick tilted sideways the whole time. What Ankoku said is the reason you overtake your opponent and they get behind you, or whatever happens. You just have to get the timing down.

Ok, now for the reason that I originally came here.

Could anyone provide a list of people who have won tourneys with Sheik? And videos of such victories? Ankoku, I'm lookin at you >.> <.<

Top Bottom