• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sheik is strong enough to win against good players. Obviously though no one is there yet. I don't count armada because that meta/snake was horrible.

Also I have slept in a few days and I'm cranky.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
its playful. nothing against you guys. id make a asian sheik with slanty eyes. and i'm asian my self its nothing but a joke. if it offends you then im sorry.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Sheik/Zelda is strong enough to win against good players. Obviously though no one is there yet. I don't count armada because that meta/snake was horrible.
+1

I give Armada props but I don't think he took sheik to that level yet.I think she needs Zelda though to make up for some otherwise hopeless matchups. But as far as I'm concerned she can take MK, game and watch, falco, and snake, all within reason. I actually think those matchups will get closer to even as people push sheik closer to her limits.

We just need someone really good, who actually mains her. I put my money on light for first tourney win with sheik. On that note, does ryoko go to tournies?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
i plan on winning florida gaming, (or alteast placing really high :)). The only thing holding me back is a horrible zelda, (cuz zelda is horrible (lol, no... well yeah that is true, but I need a good zelda to sit down and teach me) an inability to kill at high percents and more experience with the Meta match up. I can beat top GaWs, Marths, D3s, even ICs.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hahaha, there are like two or so good ones that have just popped on the scene. Apparently they on or past Lain's level and junk according to HRnut.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I have trouble getting Ftilt to lock chars like fox and falco, what am i doing wrong? they get out after one or 2 hits, and since i've had other people do a ton of ftilts on my falco before i know it works (at least sometimes).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sounds like you are doing it too early you have to start at 30+ percent.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
it's very unsafe
How so? It's looks to be a great way to avoid a Rock Paper Scysurs senerio when closing in for a grab and even if you fail only to get punished your enemy is limited to either dash attacks or long range. Although that wont really matter against such like Marth, meta knight, DK...so on I can see it being worth the risk in other match ups.

With that said it is slower in grabbing speed and ..more cool down right? I forget the cool down frame data compared to standing grab and dash grab but I think it's like 30 standing grab ..55 dash grab?

edit: 46, well **** that's what I get for not caring about cool down.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it was a b-reversed needle charge right when sheik got off the ledge, it changed the shape of her body so she still landed on the ground

it's the same thing as b-reversing, nothing more, sheik just looked funny cuz she fell off the ledge and moved weird

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
Yep, looks like you pivoted a neutral b while being halfway off the edge. Because the animation of charging needles is... broader than the standing animation, the game slided sheik slightly back onto the stage (a bit like how you slide when you're inside a character model).

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
it was a b-reversed needle charge right when sheik got off the ledge, it changed the shape of her body so she still landed on the ground

it's the same thing as b-reversing, nothing more, sheik just looked funny cuz she fell off the ledge and moved weird
Ahhhhh... thought it was something along those lines. Thank you for clearing it up.
*looks depressed*

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
it always looks like that when you revese needles on the ground. You still are reverse the momentum.

Fhd

Smash Rookie
i have a ?, in vids like gimpyfishes combo vid, teh ftilts were very fast and rapid, im not a great sheik so can someone telll me how to do it so fast, i tried ftilting as fast as i can and it doesnt work

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
New question: How many of MKs moves can beat out the chain(non-jacketed)? I know the chain beats tornado, but for some reason I have trouble with the drill rush. Does drill rush beat chain? Or is my timing just off?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Mach Tornado, Drill Rush, and dair can all beat the chain if you don't time it just right.

Top Bottom