• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Whenever I try and short hop the chain then reverse chain lock in training mode, my opponent keeps on jumping out of it. What am I doing wrong?
I had this problem/still am sometimes.

The problem is the chain is on the ground not doing anything. Move the analog and the C-Stick. However, you should barely move the analog due to the fact that you might put the chain back in front of you. -.- So just barely move it and hit that C-Stick like a mad man!

Hey guys... I have a knew Vanish trick.

When an opponent is pressuring you at the ledge just do the following.
Ledge drop by hitting left or right (that way you don't fast fall) opposite of the stage. Then perform Vanish and point it towards the stage.
You should ledge drop, perform Vanish and the starting boost will get you above the ledge and allow you to teleport behind the opponent. It is quick and if you rarely use it they wont see it coming.

I also do this but by hitting down and allowing the Vanish boost to carry me a little bit away from the stage so that you have the explosion, but you grab the ledge. This looks real similar to the first trick. When you mix these two up it makes it even harder to predict when you'll try and make it back. Thus you have a higher chance of not getting punished.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't recommend the first method at all. If you're playing someone smart I guarantee you it WILL get you punsihed. Vanishing behind an opponent? What is that? Even Ganondorf can turn around and punsih you in time.

As for method two, it is possible to get gimped, and once again, a smart player (who in your scenario is standing safely on the stage WAITING for an opening) will ledgedrop in time to miss the explosion and gimp you. You might be as lucky as to have the wind push them away, but if you think this is a viable method... *sigh*

The solution to this would be to not vanish towards the stage, but to vanish on the stage, however once again you've got the same dilemma as scenario one. It's less likely that you will get punished, but it's still the most likely thing to happen.

Vanish is not what you use for mindgames. Chain and needles are for that. Vanish is for baiting and punishing. Sure, this might work a couple of times, and if your opponent doesn't learn it will keep working, but in a tournament people are trained to adapt.

You won't get far with flashy useless tricks.

saviorslegacy

I'm a little confused by your second scenario, care to explain a little more? Also, don't double post, just edit your last one.
Never mind. Sinking is right, but the trick might work once. After that they will punish without a doubt.

Those two posts are almost 12 hours apart. -.-

BTW... why is your name Orange?

Snare

Smash Lord
hey picked up shiek since she's plays well, and ive got a few questions.

one, any uses for the pivot grab or something like shfair to pivot grab being usefull?

also how do you kill with her without having to get intensly high percentages? :\

Tristan_win

Not dead.
hey picked up shiek since she's plays well, and ive got a few questions.

one, any uses for the pivot grab or something like shfair to pivot grab being usefull?

also how do you kill with her without having to get intensly high percentages? :\
Well I personally don't use the pivot anything in my game play as of yet but I would imagine it would be very useful for leading into the ftilt or like you suggested the grab. Sheik grab range is fairly decent so I can see it be effective.

About killing at a fairly low % there's really only two ways for sheik in higher level of play

1. Gimping

2. Decay ftilt into killing usmash which can happen on most of the cast below 100%.

Once you miss the low % gimp and killing usmash combo you got the options of either waiting to around 120-140% depending on the character to kill with a strong nair, vanish, or side hit usmash from roughly the center of the stage or transforming to Zelda.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Uair is a next to worthless kill move IMO. If you're gonna try to kill up, use Usmash. You can grab release DACUS a decent amount of the cast. Circumstances vary, but practicing it is a good idea.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
My Shiek is decent can be better with more spacing and needle usage. Any players that are good with this I can watch?

Or how do I space?
I don't really know how with Sheik at least. :(

I also need more combos.
And Gimping skills. "/

saviorslegacy

I also need more combos.
And Gimping skills. "/
Thank you for using the Q&A Thread.

Alright I can help with this.

When comboing always rember the f-tilt. It is seriously one of her best if not the best move that she has. It even combo's into itself (in case you didn't know).
Basically the only way you can combo is throufg experience. You have to predict thier movements and attack accordingly. NOw there is a thread showing you what can be combo'd into... but I couldn't find it. coughhelpcough

Gimping is my favorite thing to do. Not only does it get a kill in usally at the early %'s but it also feels good to gimp someone (which is why I'm addicted to it). Just remember/use the following.

When a foe is trying to grab the ledge run off of the ledge and Fair. Then go to grab the ledge.

if the foe is trying to recover and you are on the ledge do this.
ledge drop> jump> Bair> tether
Repeat this till you can ledge hog or they fall to thier doom.

Save the Nair if you can. It has good knock back and hits them almost straight foward. Very cool. So just jump off and Nair thier ***.

If you feel lucky then you should try repeated Fair's and some times end with a Nair. Just run off, Fair, Fair, rising Fair or Nair. Just use what you can depending on thier DI.

NEEDLES! I need to use more Needles myself. I don't suggest jumping and throwing them down at someone unless you are playing Melee. However, if they are right in front of you why not unload some of those needles?

Just for a pointer. "If you hit up on the analog when you first tether you will warp." Also watch this video and view Sinking's guide for more information. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOdTdBCTno

Hope this helped! ;)

Sukai

Smash Champion
Hey all.
How well does Sheik perform in doubles with Fox.

Answer here please.

When summarizing please give a rank from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.
Thanks.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
All of sheiks moves are not worthless. all of her moves has a value some what. a strong uair will kill at 130% of course you dont want your opponent that high. but uairs are great for racking up percentages and amazing for mixups and fakes. you dont want all your uairs hit your opponent during the match. they can use for good spacing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I really don't understand how you're using a primarily vertical-hitting attack for spacing.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think the boards are degenerating again, tsk.
Well Sheik public meta game hasn't evolved in a while....although it wouldn't be hard to make a useful thread it just you have to put forth the time into it.

Take in consideration that exams and finals are taking place around this time so people are rather focus on that as well. I know I wont be on much next week or so because I got to study for my finals.

I also know that after the 8th of may I'm done with school for a little while and if I get homebrew sometimes I'll most likely start pumping out interesting facts like frame data on the chain which we NEEEED. If we are going to truly invest so much into it.

^-^ Still though we got decay ftilt into usmash, chain and dacus to work on among just improving in general so you shouldn't get bored anytime soon.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for using the Q&A Thread.

Alright I can help with this.

When comboing always rember the f-tilt. It is seriously one of her best if not the best move that she has. It even combo's into itself (in case you didn't know).
Basically the only way you can combo is throufg experience. You have to predict thier movements and attack accordingly. NOw there is a thread showing you what can be combo'd into... but I couldn't find it. coughhelpcough

Gimping is my favorite thing to do. Not only does it get a kill in usally at the early %'s but it also feels good to gimp someone (which is why I'm addicted to it). Just remember/use the following.

When a foe is trying to grab the ledge run off of the ledge and Fair. Then go to grab the ledge.

if the foe is trying to recover and you are on the ledge do this.
ledge drop> jump> Bair> tether
Repeat this till you can ledge hog or they fall to thier doom.

Save the Nair if you can. It has good knock back and hits them almost straight foward. Very cool. So just jump off and Nair thier ***.

If you feel lucky then you should try repeated Fair's and some times end with a Nair. Just run off, Fair, Fair, rising Fair or Nair. Just use what you can depending on thier DI.

NEEDLES! I need to use more Needles myself. I don't suggest jumping and throwing them down at someone unless you are playing Melee. However, if they are right in front of you why not unload some of those needles?

Just for a pointer. "If you hit up on the analog when you first tether you will warp." Also watch this video and view Sinking's guide for more information. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOdTdBCTno

Hope this helped! ;)
Noprobleam....IT IS THE "Q&A" BOARDS can't be TO mad at the noobs. XD
It did....the whole nair part thanks.
And thanks a ton for the link.

Hey any idea who's best sheik or top 5?

saviorslegacy

Noprobleam....IT IS THE "Q&A" BOARDS can't be TO mad at the noobs. XD
It did....the whole nair part thanks.
And thanks a ton for the link.

Hey any idea who's best sheik or top 5?
Not me. lol

Ankoku and Light are really good. IDK about anyone else TBH. I haven't fought that many people. :ohwell:

clowsui

Smash Legend
top sheiks, in no order

light, armada, choknater, villi, ryoko, neo ( almost beat an ice climbers in a set, ****!), tristan (who gets 3rd seed in pools at their first tourney, no less cot4 LOL), ankoku

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Ankoku, Ryoko, Chok, Light, Gimpy(?).

I haven't been impressed by Armada yet and I'm waiting for Tristan to show he's as good as I think he is. I only ever hear of Neo playing marth.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
top sheiks, in no order

light, armada, choknater, villi, ryoko, neo ( almost beat an ice climbers in a set, ****!), tristan (who gets 3rd seed in pools at their first tourney, no less cot4 LOL), ankoku
HEY, I beat Izumi out of that ****ing 3rd seed and I was seeded with Candy and Ambrose and I almost beat Ambrose ice climbers on BF and then I beat his meta knight on jungle drapes.

edit: also that was my first brawl. I went to like 5 or 6 melees.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone. I just wanna see how I should be spacing and using needles.
Not meaning to copy styles.

Good **** Tristan. :)

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Neo almost ***** MEEP! in a set vs ice climbers. and lost in a close match on rainbowcruise. his sheik probably the most original ive seen

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
i just figured out some tech that i think ive never seen anyone use.
its a short dash. Its shorter than foxtrot. I figured this out when i was practicing true pivot.
i think only sheik can do this because she can change directions real fast. What you do is dash another direction and then quickly flick your analog stick to the direction you want to go.. if it has been discovered just tell me. i guess you can have the same effect with shield dashing but this seems a lot faster. correct me if i'm wrong.

i was doing true pivot wrong. i was suppose to foxtrot in a certain direction . then quickly foxtrot the other way at the beginning into a pivot.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
i just figured out some tech that i think ive never seen anyone use.
its a short dash. Its shorter than foxtrot. I figured this out when i was practicing true pivot.
i think only sheik can do this because she can change directions real fast. What you do is dash another direction and then quickly flick your analog stick to the direction you want to go.. if it has been discovered just tell me. i guess you can have the same effect with shield dashing but this seems a lot faster. correct me if i'm wrong.

i was doing true pivot wrong. i was suppose to foxtrot in a certain direction . then quickly foxtrot the other way at the beginning into a pivot.
I've done that before.

My friend does it with Marth with we're talking about same thing.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
more sheiks need to use this it gives you enough space to space for an ftilt if your close and i have theory if you do it fast enough aand do i consistently in each direction then itd be more effective dash dance it gives you larger spacing. but if you do it to fast you will do a shorter dash into a pivot in the opposite dir even though you analog is pointing in a diff direction.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
it's not horrible but when spacing for ftilt I'd rather walk, this puts you too far out of range for an ftilt normally.

I do, however, use this for needles when a piviot grab won't work (opponent too far, or they have too much range) after an opponent jumps in.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
its a mixup. you can walk, or short dash what ever. or you can just short dash opposite direction into a foxtrot, which will really mess with there minds. they will try to predict your spacing when your just foxtrotting when you throw in that mixup, short dash it will catch em off guard, and then you can punish like so. Shield dashing is just as useful too, but this is more of a visual effect to your opponent. or you can shield dash into a short dash. its just more options for shiek instead of foxtrotting and shield dashing.

so we have this for movement

Shorthop- nothing(my favorite)
shorthop - air
shorthop - tilt
foxtrot-to anything(learn true pivot is my best bet)
shield dash- to anything
now we have short dash (to anything) ( like to a foxtrot, long dash, any move basically.)

i'm going to test this when i get home

short dash - needle storm - ftilt usmash/ftilt(2x)(fair)/dtilt(anything) <basically basic combos.

i'll also test
short dash - needle storm - into dash into a usmash. (i'm pretty sure this will work.) since you can needle storm into a dash attack.

I have a question. which is more advisable. SHFFLs nothing/attacks, or Short hop nothing/attacks....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
usmash is at least twice as long as dash attack, but try it.
/shrug

also.
you can B reverse needles on the ground out of a run to change direction. this is possible at any point after the initial dash animation.

ALSO!
force get ups... needles do them oh so easy. Simply put character who have just hit the ground when hit be certain weak attacks they will be forced to stand in place. needles, with as little as two will often simulate a fall with the first needle and the that get up hit with the following. so yeah, if your opponent is on the ground, or about to be, needle.
Okay NOW you should dacus.

but you knew that already.

saviorslegacy

top sheiks, in no order

I have fought both Tristan and Light. IMO Tristan is a little bit better.
Reason why is not that one can combo better. It's cuz Light runs into the fray a lot. Tristan sits back more and doesn't get punished as much.

BTW Tristan, nice sig lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I have fought both Tristan and Light. IMO Tristan is a little bit better.
Reason why is not that one can combo better. It's cuz Light runs into the fray a lot. Tristan sits back more and doesn't get punished as much.

BTW Tristan, nice sig lol
I would much rather not have someone say I'm better then someone else just by playing them and then me in a laggy connection.

Light could easily be better then me or I could be better then him but until we start fighting the same people (preferably offline) there will be no real way to tell. You can't just decide such a thing from just fighting one person especially on wifi.

and thanks, I like your signature as well... Where did you get it, thief?

saviorslegacy

I would much rather not have someone say I'm better then someone else just by playing them and then me in a laggy connection.

Light could easily be better then me or I could be better then him but until we start fighting the same people (preferably offline) there will be no real way to tell. You can't just decide such a thing from just fighting one person especially on wifi.

and thanks, I like your signature as well... Where did you get it, thief?
I'm just stating my opinion. Both of you are axcellent Brawlers IMO TBH.

lol.. A few pages back on this thread. (I'll keep it up for the rest of today just for the lulz and take it down tomorow.)

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
tristan is like the sheik everyone knows. i'm just as good. but not many people know me. i dont know why though.. i guess i'm a little jealous tristan has more fame...

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
tristan is like the sheik everyone knows. i'm just as good. but not many people know me. i dont know why though.. i guess i'm a little jealous tristan has more fame...
Its generally a good idea to keep that sorta thing to yourself. Otherwise people are likely to see you as "the sheik that THINKS he's as good as tristan" Let others say good things about you, so you don't have to.

I think the main reason that Tristan has a big name ( aside from the fact that he is good ) is because he's a tourny goer.
I first saw his name in a list of tourny sheik players.

Top Bottom