• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Either you're playing Wifi too much or your opponent is a moron. I'm dead serious about this one, too. It's not even a valid idea for a mixup.
"grab> pummel> F/B-Throw> wait below them for them to land> dash in> pivot> pivot grab> throw them back into the same direction that they came from"

^^^^^^ that one isn't ********. It's using that one grab tech that the Marth boards were talking about. What makes it ********?

Oh, and I think Sheik has a jab lock. I need to test it but here it is:
footstool> SH back flip FF Bair> repeat
I'm thinking the lower foot would be better for this.

^^^^^^ tested and proven wrong.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So, you see nothing wrong with waiting for them to land from a throw that takes at least 3 seconds to get from the air back to the ground from, assuming they don't jump, and running past them for a pivot grab, assuming they didn't do any aerials or attacks after landing or hell, even reacting to you running at them, and successfully getting that pivot grab?

Dude, it covers exactly one option the opponent has - the absolute worst one. No player in his right mind would, after getting thrown by Sheik, airdodge at the ground and do nothing afterward.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
SaviorsL you really need to try this stuff against competent opponents. It doesn't work lol

saviorslegacy

So, you see nothing wrong with waiting for them to land from a throw that takes at least 3 seconds to get from the air back to the ground from, assuming they don't jump, and running past them for a pivot grab, assuming they didn't do any aerials or attacks after landing or hell, even reacting to you running at them, and successfully getting that pivot grab?

Dude, it covers exactly one option the opponent has - the absolute worst one. No player in his right mind would, after getting thrown by Sheik, airdodge at the ground and do nothing afterward.
#1 yes I do wait at the ground. I normally jump so that wouldn't expect it.

#2 You are not running past them. I agree... that would be pretty stupid.

#3 This is just another option. I have used it once cuz I was afraid he would predict it if I tried again. I might repeat it but I would do it as much as the grab release> f-tilt> grab (which is like never).

This is as I said... an option. The fact that you don't really move will confuse them. As well as the grab> reverse direction.
If you want to really say it's useless why not jump like you are going to Fair them so they air dodge?
If they do jump then this is useless... charge Needles........

:EDIT:
To Steel:
I have very few people to try it on. A brother that hates SSBB and a friend who is asleep. <,<
I got this on him earlier today.

Besides.. what's wrong with posting this stuff? It keeps the boards active and maybe someone will think something is useful and develop it. You never know... just don't hate me don't posting such things. <,<

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So what happens if he doesn't DI the fthrow/bthrow at you? Then jumping to fake a fair doesn't even do anything because you can't fair him in the first place.

You're relying on your opponent guessing wrong a total of four times in a row.
1. Wrong throw DI
2. Airdodge to avoid misread aerial followup
3. Land and do nothing
4. Don't roll away, spotdodge, or attack on landing

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Because the way you post it makes it sound as if it's viable in tournament play and something that should definitely work.

Instead of "hey guys here's a new trick" and "no this isn't ******** ankoku you're wrong" try something more like "does this work? i don't have good players to test it on so i'm asking you guys since you're probably more experienced"

and btw no good players are going to DI so that the throw sends them straight up

saviorslegacy

So what happens if he doesn't DI the fthrow/bthrow at you? Then jumping to fake a fair doesn't even do anything because you can't fair him in the first place.

You're relying on your opponent guessing wrong a total of four times in a row.
1. Wrong throw DI
2. Airdodge to avoid misread aerial followup
3. Land and do nothing
4. Don't roll away, spotdodge, or attack on landing
This is as I said... an option. The fact that you don't really move will confuse them. As well as the grab> reverse direction.
If you want to really say it's useless why not jump like you are going to Fair them so they air dodge?
If they do jump then this is useless... charge Needles........
7,7 that is why I would rarely use it.

Because the way you post it makes it sound as if it's viable in tournament play and something that should definitely work.

Instead of "hey guys here's a new trick" and "no this isn't ******** ankoku you're wrong" try something more like "does this work? i don't have good players to test it on so i'm asking you guys since you're probably more experienced"

and btw no good players are going to DI so that the throw sends them straight up
hmmmm.... I wish I could show voice tone in a post.......
kk.. understood. I will still explore her moves though.

clowsui

Smash Legend
saviors it's on friday
and i sometimes do the pivot chase...though that's only if the opponent airdodges way too much and i notice. i catch them out of the airdodge before they land though. omniswell does this too, but he plays sheik only casually + once in a while lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
saviors it's on friday
and i sometimes do the pivot chase...though that's only if the opponent airdodges way too much and i notice. i catch them out of the airdodge before they land though. omniswell does this too, but he plays sheik only casually + once in a while lol
...what the hell... tourneys can happen on Fridays? I though it was purely a Saturday, Sunday thing.

saviorslegacy

saviors it's on friday
-_- I am volunteering until 1 pm that day. I also have the ACT test the next morning.

When is the next one that you will be having?

Version 2 of my chart is one. I fixed a few mistakes in this one, and made it more confusing by adding more lines.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I don't play as Sheik very often, but yesterday something confusing happened. Two times I used Up B against a ZSS at high percents, and both times she just quickly flew away for only a few feet, then stopped, and landed. I'm pretty sure the move is supposed to be more powerful than that, lol.

I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing or if it's something the ZSS is doing to make the move act weird. Any ideas?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's reappear has wind. It's strong enough to negate the knockback from the explosion.

saviorslegacy

kk... quick question.
My friend Velox (Falco main) use's jab cancel and jab> f-tilt to create a wall (along with bloody lasers).
I noticed that he wasn't duck canceling this. So I went and tested it for Sheik. What I found is that you can hit jab twice, slam the analog over while hitting A and you will perform f-tilt.
It is pretty fast and since you don't have to do the ducking animation I wonder if it is a true combo.

Now I don't have anyone to test with so I need someone else to test this for me.

ty

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jab cancel dtilt combos, so I don't see why jab cancel ftilt wouldn't.

What stages would you CP and ban against Snake?

kk... quick question.
My friend Velox (Falco main) use's jab cancel and jab> f-tilt to create a wall (along with bloody lasers).
I noticed that he wasn't duck canceling this. So I went and tested it for Sheik. What I found is that you can hit jab twice, slam the analog over while hitting A and you will perform f-tilt.
It is pretty fast and since you don't have to do the ducking animation I wonder if it is a true combo.

Now I don't have anyone to test with so I need someone else to test this for me.

ty
I don't really crouch cancel anything. Just time the input after the jab.

Does crouch canceling have any frame advantage over just timing the end of the jab? I cannot find anyone who can tell me for certain. They all believe it does, but don't have any reference to back it up.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll have to check the exact frame data, but yes. For some reason the window for going from second jab into rapid jabs is larger than the IASA (Interruptible As Soon As) cancel frame, so if you try to just do jab jab ftilt as quickly as jab jab *jab cancel* ftilt, you'll just get rapid jabs.

I'll have to check the exact frame data, but yes. For some reason the window for going from second jab into rapid jabs is larger than the IASA (Interruptible As Soon As) cancel frame, so if you try to just do jab jab ftilt as quickly as jab jab *jab cancel* ftilt, you'll just get rapid jabs.
Alright, and how about single jab? Is that effected at all or is this character dependent for the windows?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Single jab doesn't have enough hitstun to true combo into anything except second jab. If you cut it short from the first jab then you can get grabbed before you do anything.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I could have sworn you told me jab cancel doesn't combo into anything. Well this is good to know either way. I wasn't sure if I should rely on it as a combo or not.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It only works at a high enough percent, since the second jab has variable knockback and thus has variable hitstun as well.

saviorslegacy

As far as I know the only thing that combo's out of jab cancel is grab (unless you are fighting ZSS).

Do we have a list on who all can be grab release> DACUS?

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
i am about to main sheik and was wondering if it is better to play strictly as sheik or to incorperate zelda into my gameplay?

saviorslegacy

i am about to main sheik and was wondering if it is better to play strictly as sheik or to incorperate zelda into my gameplay?
Zelda= good for KO's

Pretty much... just stick with Sheik unless they are at 100+ damage and you have the chance to Transform.

To the whole community:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt68rVLYpcU (a RNDM vid of me that I felt like posting)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Against DDD I like to transform at like 80 or 90 if i get the chance

his horizontal movement is very slow so if i dsmash him off the stage or something, i transform

since zelda's matchup with DDD is not that bad, i like to camp him and stuff just to change it up. since he is fat, it's really easy to pull off those sweetspotted kicks

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, it only decays the chain itself, which doesn't decay until you put it away.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So last night around 3am right before I fell asleep an interesting idea came to me...which I have no idea how to test without frame data collecting gear T_T.

Anyways as some of you might be aware the vanish hit box isn't just there when sheik explodes but continues to be active even when the explosion isn't visible anymore. Well I don't know if this was true or not in melee but in brawl I've eyeballed people getting hurt from this invisible hit box on multiple occasions.

How this might be useful? What if…sheik could reappear within that hit box.

When Sheik up B reaches the point where she vanishes depending if she hits a wall or not the time that sheik is disappeared can change(Come to think of it I'm not 100% about this either, need more testing). This can be walls, the side of the stage, and more importantly the ledge to shorten the time she is gone.
Ankoku made this video a long time ago…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEMGhmGn9o&feature=channel_page
Once you reach a point in the up B motion even if you stop holding away from the ledge you will not grab the ledge and will continue on until you vanish. It is after this point you hold towards the ledge so instead of vanishing yourself to your grave you reappear grabbing the ledge. If my crazy idea turns out to be true then sheik could make it nearly impossible for anyone to grab the ledge. More importantly if someone gets hit by the vanish and then the wind of the reappear sheik catches them a footstool/spike could be possible which can kill.

Can someone look into this?

edit: air vanish might not be like ground vanish.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Ground vanish has a little less lag. It's visible if you do a vanish glide and land back on the stage. You can literally see Sheik have less ending lag.

Top Bottom