• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I was going to make a cutting jibe about the Sheik boards, but I won't do that.

This is a very situational question, but is it better to grab release or grab, pummel, throw? I'm having difficulties with it. :ohwell:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
xat.com/propuff
........ Veril was originally the owner, however his ip got ****ed and now I'm the only one. I made Fro a mod because he actually still uses Jigglypuff and I got sick of other mods randomly banning him. :ohwell: You're not funny.

Oh and btw... what ever happen to that mk footstool lock? It has been found to be DI'able, correct?

Also can someone list Sheiks best kill moves?

Icyo

Smash Ace
........ Veril was originally the owner, however his ip got ****ed and now I'm the only one. I mad Fro a mod because he actually still uses Jigglypuff and I got sick of other mods randomly banning him. :ohwell: You're not funny.
I found it pretty funny.

The Sheik chat is in the xat unification list. Not sure if there's a more current one

Frolossus

Smash Lord
has anyone ever had this glitch where if you transform into zelda/sheik in brinister then the lava goes over you and when the transformation finishes you die?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's not a glitch. The surface of the acid has upward knockback, while the deeper part of the acid will spike you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not that I know of. Pretty sure they just made it all universally "away from the lava" in Norfair.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Hmmmm, here's an honest question.....can the doop walk, a.k.a the craq walk, a.k.a. the pivot walk be useful to Sheik's game at all?

If you don't know the pivot walk, it's seen a few times in this DK combo vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEk1t550JNU
it can make Sheik really hard to approach, but that is about it.
I was going to make a cutting jibe about the Sheik boards, but I won't do that.

This is a very situational question, but is it better to grab release or grab, pummel, throw? I'm having difficulties with it. :ohwell:
Depends on what you prefer. Both are played rock paper scissors. Learn your anti and apply what you like most.
I find a mix of both is good. (keeps em guessing)
........ Veril was originally the owner, however his ip got ****ed and now I'm the only one. I made Fro a mod because he actually still uses Jigglypuff and I got sick of other mods randomly banning him. :ohwell: You're not funny.

Oh and btw... what ever happen to that mk footstool lock? It has been found to be DI'able, correct?

Also can someone list Sheiks best kill moves?
If you mean Saltus then yes, MK can get out.

*in order*
USmash *tipper hit*
Vansih
USmash *side hit*
DSmash
Nair
FSmash
It's not a glitch. The surface of the acid has upward knockback, while the deeper part of the acid will spike you.
>,<
They didn't have a choice or else it would get you to 999% in like a second.
*they could have given you invincibility frames

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, I'm pretty sure they specifically programmed the acid to not hit the same character as soon as possible, or the game would literally freeze (or your character, in a manner similar to the Black Hole Glitch). So Icyo's reasoning isn't particularly true.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ankoku's legit cuz he has like the most sheik knowledge out of anyone

and then applies it in matches in the strangest ways

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
are u saying u will surpass ankoku in sheik knowledge?

no because he will just learn what u know and add it to the sheik library in his mind

he has the real triforce of wisdom

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hahaha

<3 choknater

But Tristan definitely has me beat in Sheik knowledge. I just know the physics of Smash.
I've always been more a fan of the hands-on approach to playing, anyway.

saviorslegacy

Hahaha

<3 choknater

But Tristan definitely has me beat in Sheik knowledge. I just know the physics of Smash.
I've always been more a fan of the hands-on approach to playing, anyway.
As Tristan would say "Ankoku is the voice of reason".
He is mainly why I post my stuff here cuz he critique's it and give's me a better idea on how it stands out in game play.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
"Cross up" is a fighting game term where your character can jump to the other side of your opponent while hitting them with an attack. So if you hit them with a fair but move your body so that you land on the opposite side that's considered a cross up. It's a good mix up and you can't be shield grabbed. In Smash you can also consider simply dashing past your opponent as a cross up.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
crossing up with sheik's fair is kinda a bad idea imo, you REALLY put yourself in a bad position and is only somewhat effective if they have no intention of attacking you while you throw your body at them

i prefer just jumping over them with a bair

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how is it a bad position? do it when someone's shielding and they can't do anything, and theres no lag autocanceled (or even not autocanceled)

if they're not shielding i dont approach lol

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
obv its usually safe if theyre shielding

im saying don't approach like that if its a neutral situation

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh haha, yea i kno

thats what i meant i guess

my sheik is always applying shield pressure ahhh ****

(well i usually force ppl into it since i needle camp so much, and my approach game is too amazing)

saviorslegacy

"Cross up" is a fighting game term where your character can jump to the other side of your opponent while hitting them with an attack. So if you hit them with a fair but move your body so that you land on the opposite side that's considered a cross up. It's a good mix up and you can't be shield grabbed. In Smash you can also consider simply dashing past your opponent as a cross up.
-_- that is it? I was hoping it would be some Fair glitch. :(
crossing up with sheik's fair is kinda a bad idea imo, you REALLY put yourself in a bad position and is only somewhat effective if they have no intention of attacking you while you throw your body at them

i prefer just jumping over them with a bair
Sorry Chok but I agree. People with out of frame moves like Marth or have huge grab ranges/grab bo's above their head will get you.
You forgot needing to play Doujin fighters. That is a must. And be **** loads better than me in Panel de Pon games.
What is Doujin Fighters?

:EDIT: u-tilt spikes <,< (the lower hit box of the second hit)

goodkid

Smash Lord
Oh so that's what it means. Thanks :lick

How can I get the Dacus more consistently? I know its dash-attack(w/A button) then up-smash( w/ c-stick)?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I was just wondering: how ligit is it to ftilt > jab > ftilt > jab > repeat?

Ftilt gives us enough time to grab which is slower than a jab. Also, a jab gives us enough time to grab which is slower than ftilt. Since the ftilt knocks opponents upward and jab brings them back down, the combo can continue to higher %s than just ftilt. Would this actually work, or can opponents just DI out of it?

Top Bottom