• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Secondarys For Meta Knight Mains

JJKC23

Smash Rookie
I may not main MK, (I main Marth) but Marth does have quite a bit of fast moves that come out quickly, which do have good knockback. Shiek might be a good secondary, too.

RATED

Smash Lord
I saw this thread and I am thinking on what secondarie would I use , I am thinking on these:

Toonlink, DDD , peach or game and watch . who should I practice first ?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I saw this thread and I am thinking on what secondarie would I use , I am thinking on these:

Toonlink, DDD , peach or game and watch . who should I practice first ?
I would recommend picking up D3 (my secondary). He excels in MK's harder match-ups and he's really fun to use.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
after reading ALL of the 6 pages of post, i have decided to second TL and ...cant decide :\ ddd is definitely not my char and so isnt rob dk or G&W :( TL sounds fun for a secondary and not too high on tier list so im not a tierwhore :D but i want someone low tier idk who though

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
after reading ALL of the 6 pages of post, i have decided to second TL and ...cant decide :\ ddd is definitely not my char and so isnt rob dk or G&W :( TL sounds fun for a secondary and not too high on tier list so im not a tierwhore :D but i want someone low tier idk who though
who gives a **** what tier u play as if u like MK and falco who cares there top use them anyways.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
All Meta Knight mains should have Snake as their secondary, then Dedede as their tertiary.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Lol at any MK main needed a secondary.

If you can't beat them with MK, you can't beat them.
No one ever said we needed a secondary or can't beat certain characters with MK; having a secondary that excels in MK's harder match-ups is a good idea. (Ex. Switching to D3 against DK)

Lol Is This Thread Serious?!?

Metaknight Players Dont Have Bad Matchups Gtfo With This Secondary Crap Lol Lol Lol.
lol Wow... You fail.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Affinity, you're wrong. The community has deemed it so. Now pick a real character and see how good you are at the game, because swastika is right, if you can't beat them with MK, you can't beat them.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Affinity, you're wrong. The community has deemed it so. Now pick a real character and see how good you are at the game, because swastika is right, if you can't beat them with MK, you can't beat them.
wowowowowow. another guy who hates metanknight who phails at smash because he cannot overcome just one char and is complaining. and affinity is seconding d3 right? so there we go. do i have to go post some utube vids of mks getting ***** or not.
and ur partnering with hitler. swastika

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
wowowowowow. another guy who hates metanknight who phails at smash because he cannot overcome just one char and is complaining. and affinity is seconding d3 right? so there we go. do i have to go post some utube vids of mks getting ***** or not.
I swear to god if you do not fix your grammar I am going to kill you.
Let alone the many blanket statements you made which just boggle my mind.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity, you're wrong. The community has deemed it so.
About what? Having a secondary IS a good idea. Like I said: Sure, I can beat a DK with my MK, but its MUCH easier to beat him with DDD. I don't understand what you mean.

Now pick a real character and see how good you are at the game, because swastika is right, if you can't beat them with MK, you can't beat them.
I secondary D3 and do well with him. I also used to play Lucas, who I am still decent with. Your claim is completely false.

Your post is full of ignorance and fail. If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't say anything at all.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I swear to god if you do not fix your grammar I am going to kill you.
Let alone the many blanket statements you made which just boggle my mind.

IM TOO YOUNG TO DIE
ok fine watch this
Wow. Another guy who hates Metaknight who fails at smash because he cannot overcome one character and is complaining. and affinity is seconding D3 right? So there we go. Do i have to post some youtube videos of Metaknight gettign ***** or not.
You're partnering with hitler. Swastika

i feel like im in english class >.< im not used to writing so formal online

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Affinity I never said having a secondary character was a bad thing, you're just making that up so you can attack my statement. Secondaries are great, MK just doesn't need them, and we've seen the pros play MK, and there is no reason they ever need to switch.

Notice how you said you USED to play Lucas. As in you gave up playing him because you actually needed a small amount of skill to achieve victory, so you switched to MK, am I right? My post was perfectly reasonable, you're simply another in the throng of MK players trying to 'defend their honor' or whatever BS it may be. Enjoy.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Affinity I never said having a secondary character was a bad thing, you're just making that up so you can attack my statement. Secondaries are great, MK just doesn't need them, and we've seen the pros play MK, and there is no reason they ever need to switch.

Notice how you said you USED to play Lucas. As in you gave up playing him because you actually needed a small amount of skill to achieve victory, so you switched to MK, am I right? My post was perfectly reasonable, you're simply another in the throng of MK players trying to 'defend their honor' or whatever BS it may be. Enjoy.
Lol someone apparently has a vendetta against MK players.

Ulevo

Smash Master

You're stupid.

The point of competitive play is to win. The way to win is to have the biggest advantage possible. Make sense?

Why would I use my Meta Knight versus Donkey Kong or Snake when I know Dedede has a much easier time playing against them? It doesn't matter if Meta Knight needs to switch, the fact is that it is in the players best interest to do so on certain occasions.

You're just twisting his words and throwing out assumptions in order to make your argument easy to swallow. Meta Knight is not this perfect character you can and should use in every circumstance.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You're stupid.

The point of competitive play is to win. The way to win is to have the biggest advantage possible. Make sense?

Why would I use my Meta Knight versus Donkey Kong or Snake when I know Dedede has a much easier time playing against them? It doesn't matter if Meta Knight needs to switch, the fact is that it is in the players best interest to do so on certain occasions.

You're just twisting his words and throwing out assumptions in order to make your argument easy to swallow. Meta Knight is not this perfect character you can and should use in every circumstance.
Give this guy a cookie.

Still, Falco > Dedede. :D

brinboy789

Smash Champion
You're stupid.

agreed. seriously, metaknight needs a secondary, especially chars that he has trouble with. YES HE DOES HAVE BAD MATCHUPS. or at least i do, so i second lucario, which has good advantage over his bad matchups. and bad matchups are IMO. and even if he doesnt have any, he has some neutral matchups, which can be covered by a secondary. like affinity stated, he has a hard time with DK playing MK, but easy with D3. so? why not have one?

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Note: MK dittos happen. Falco can beat MK fairly well. Second Falco to beat MK and Snake. Achieve victory. Yarr. Falco can also camp DK really well.

Yeah, Falco's the best secondary for MK next to DDD and Snake. Covers the most matchups.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity I never said having a secondary character was a bad thing, you're just making that up so you can attack my statement.
Making up what? What am I wrong about then? Please clarify.

Secondaries are great, MK just doesn't need them, and we've seen the pros play MK, and there is no reason they ever need to switch.
WOW...

I've already said that us MK mainers don't need a secondary, but that it's a very good idea to have one. Here's another example:

_

M2K beat Reflex's Wario in the Winners Finals of FAST1 with MK, right? Then why did he use DDD instead of MK in the Grand Finals?

Simple: because it was EASIER to beat Reflex with DDD than MK. Sure he could have beaten him again with MK, but instead he made the smart decision and used the character that had a better time in the match-up.
_

Why are you arguing with and agreeing with me at the same time? I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

Notice how you said you USED to play Lucas. As in you gave up playing him because you actually needed a small amount of skill to achieve victory, so you switched to MK, am I right?
Nope, not at all. I started playing MK around the end of April/beginning of May. After watching my friends do dittos so much I thought it'd be fun to give him a try.

I don't recall there being much (if any) MK hate around then. I believe it was all focused on Snake around that time.

Your claim is, once again, false.

My post was perfectly reasonable.
You and your post both fail.

You're simply another in the throng of MK players trying to 'defend their honor' or whatever BS it may be. Enjoy.
No, we're simply being realistic. MK is not a auto-win by any means, especially when you get up to higher levels of play. Scrubs simply don't want to put in effort to beat better players using better characters. They just want to take the easy way out by advocating a ban.

Stop *****ing. No one here wants to hear it.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Making up what? What am I wrong about then? Please clarify.

WOW...

I've already said that us MK mainers don't need a secondary, but that it's a very good idea to have one. Here's another example:

_

M2K beat Reflex's Wario in the Winners Finals of FAST1 with MK, right? Then why did he use DDD instead of MK in the Grand Finals?

Simple: because it was EASIER to beat Reflex with DDD than MK. Sure he could have beaten him again with MK, but instead he made the smart decision and used the character that had a better time in the match-up.
_

Why are you arguing with and agreeing with me at the same time? I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

Nope, not at all. I started playing MK around the end of April/beginning of May. After watching my friends do dittos so much I thought it'd be fun to give him a try.

I don't recall there being much (if any) MK hate around then. I believe it was all focused on Snake around that time.

Your claim is, once again, false.

You and your post both fail.

No, we're simply being realistic. MK is not a auto-win by any means, especially when you get up to higher levels of play. Scrubs simply don't want to put in effort to beat better players using better characters. They just want to take the easy way out by advocating a ban.

Stop *****ing. No one here wants to hear it.
pwned

over9000pwnages

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I play R.O.B. and MK about 55%-45% of the time respectively (slowing growing in MK's favor). Ill just usually pick whichever character is better for the match-up. (tends to be mk lol)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I've come to the conclusion that DDD is the best MK secondary since he accels at MK's worst stages. However, I also decided that I should play exclusively MK until I reach a plateau.

Top Bottom