• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Secondarys For Meta Knight Mains

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I'd actually choose from characters that also suit your playing style (assuming MK suits your style). But currently, the most obvious choice is really Snake. Because at this moment, Snake is the most successful character. Snake is one of the best characters.

I actually "main" MK, Marth and Toon Link. Three completely different characters, but they all use swords (nothing important, just awesome). I only use Toon Link against specific characters (like DDD). The other matches, I mostly switch between MK and Marth.

Back on topic. I do not think there are one or two good characters that make a good secondairy for Meta Knight. Just choose whatever suits you the most.

TomTom

Smash Cadet
I'm predominantly MK, but I'm learning to use R.O.B. too. He seems like a really interesting character. When I battle, I use the white/gold MK and the gold R.O.B.. It figures.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong, if you main metaknight with diddy kong snake isn't a problem, and everything else is taken care of, its amazing!

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
Just use DK, since MK beats out the rest of the cast. With DK, you'll beat other Mk's. MK can instanty kill snake with his up throw if snake is holding a nade, that makes the match a bit easier since snake can't just camp with his nades as much.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just use DK, since MK beats out the rest of the cast. With DK, you'll beat other Mk's. MK can instanty kill snake with his up throw if snake is holding a nade, that makes the match a bit easier since snake can't just camp with his nades as much.
Wow, nice title. I just had to say that lol

Phigo

Smash Cadet
How are they good secondaries? Sorry, I'm a little confused.
it is the same question if you ask a mr. game and watch player, a bowser player, a dk player, etc why they are good mains... i tried all characters, and i'm better with link and ganondorf than with falco, marth, dk, diddy, sonic, etc... so, why i dont should take these as secondaries?
and i like them more than cpt. falcon & co ._. (especially cpt. falcon <.<)

TomTom

Smash Cadet
Not being a tournament player at this moment in time, I go with characters to which I take an interest, or which I find fun to play. Recently I've taken up R.O.B. and Olimar because although they're not necessarily top tier, they have complex games and I feel they have potential.

If you are looking for counters to hard match-ups (as if there are any), however, best to go with DK or someone.

Phigo

Smash Cadet
lol, you may laugh, but i changed my secondaries after intense fighting to kirby and toon link... these three characters (including meta knight) are really exactly my flavor =D

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
id say R.O.B. cause he covers his two counters DK and snake i dont have any secodarys realy accept fox kinda but i just use him in friendlys mostly i tried R.O.B but he didnt fit my play style well so i stuck with MK.

ContageMK

Smash Rookie
Marth, Kirby and Falco for me. Might take up DDD sometime when I get good enough with the rest, then I will rule Dreamland :)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
if you main

MK + ROB
MK+ FALCO
MK+ DK

then you pretty much have the best butt u have to be actually good with them.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
i say Falco because he can make up for Meta's lack of projectiles...
not that it makes a diffence anyway, but he has a good counter-spam

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I believe the most similar characters to MK are Marth and Game and Watch. They are both secondaries.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy kong and metaknight together have no bad matchups at all

Except, maybe a really good falco but they're all in texas hahahha

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I asked what people thought would be good secondaries for MK main, not what secondaries you are currently using.
I'd say random is a good second, for many reasons:

- It's a lot of fun.
- It gives you practice with every character.
- You realize why you play MK, because everytime you get him in random, you go "YES!!!"
- Sometimes random is good strategical, because your opponent can't counterpick stages etc.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I use Pit and the Ice Climbers since I mained Ice Climbers in Melee (first character I played when I played brawl) and Pit because he has good damage dealing techniques and At's (was my second character I played when I first played brawl. Meta Knight was my third character).

Baky

Smash Journeyman
A good secondary for MK would be a character that you PERSONALLY enjoy playing. A character you use because the character is fun to use. I mean seriously. Get good with all the matchups with MK and you win. Screw getting a secondary to counterpick bad matchups for MK because there are none.

Choose a character you have fun with.

I'd pick Jiggs or Luigi.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
I'd say random is a good second, for many reasons:

- It's a lot of fun.
- It gives you practice with every character.
- You realize why you play MK, because everytime you get him in random, you go "YES!!!"
- Sometimes random is good strategical, because your opponent can't counterpick stages etc.
Lol...you pwn.

Get good with all the matchups with MK and you win. Screw getting a secondary to counterpick bad matchups for MK because there are none.

Choose a character you have fun with.

I'd pick Jiggs or Luigi.
I agree with the fact that MK really doesn't have bad matchups like other characters like, say, Ike, does, but if you really wanted to counterpick one of MK's bad matchups, I hear that Falco conters Snake fairly well. I haven't been on the boards long enough to really know why, but I'd guess that Falco is a good secondary for MK because the stunning effect of his blaster forces Snake to charge into close combat. Doing a whole lot of nothing but being stunned and taking damage is pretty fail.

I second Lucario, though, because he is pwn:chuckle: IMO one of the most fun characters to play as.

I wish I could second Luigi, though. He's a roflcopter, but I suck at Luigi....so nvm...

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
I secondary snake
and also DK to counter them both (I hate using ROB)

how's that for being a tierwhore haha

on-topic R.O.B, DK and Falco are good secondaries because of his matchups

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Meta Knight has no bad matchups. Not saying this to troll. I'm pointing out that he doesn't need a secondary, you would be the one who needs a secondary. Who do you do well against, who do you do badly against, and analyze from there.

TKD

Smash Lord
Decide against what character you have trouble: Snake, Yoshi, DK or Diddy Kong.

And look up their char-specific forum for a character you like that's strong against him. You may even find some that are strong against two of them.

If you have trouble against three of them, or all of them, you've gotta work on your MK. Snake is the easiest. So one can simply work on knowing how to edgeguard him to death and it's done!

Yoshi, DK and Diddy are trickier. I'd look it up, but I'm just gonna guess G&W works against Diddy, Yoshi and DK. Besides, G&W is very fun to play as.

Top Bottom