• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Umby

Smash Master
Guys keep posting. I'm bored.

On a serious note, Waba should just charge a $100 door fee. That way if anybody ever actually goes there on a monthly, they'll make a lot of money.
Or maybe all brawlers should drop the game and pick up cycling or yoga or something.
Aren't there suicidal friends of yours that you should be consoling right now?

Player-3

Smash Hero
hey saltix aren't you part of GA brawl also

or are you playing melee now?

no hate just wondering

cuz if so i want to mm in melee

GOD!

Smash Ace
Aren't there suicidal friends of yours that you should be consoling right now?
I just raided all their rooms and found most of their hidden HCN pills/guns/dark clothing. I have a little time on smashboards before I have to order their proper meds again.

Don't you have to act funny on a video game forum? Oh.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Fitty fiev centz

Get confident

Example personally:tourney match v fmtl
First match i went in going to try hard to win, and only got beat soundly

Secpnd match i was like i suck lets play on yoshis story 8D

Im still scared to sit down

Rayku i'm ike dittoing you next time

5$ in melee, ganon plz fox is too fast

Rayku

Smash Lord
Fitty fiev centz

Get confident

Can I use Sheik instead? I'm really trying to work on her when I can.

I suck at Ike dittos so it should be fun :D

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Fitty fiev centz

Get confident

That's like asking to be ***** long and hard rather than quick and painless...

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yiff you learn more

Rayku sheik v falcon is gheaaaaaay and p1 sucks in general and plays only gay floaty chars

But k i think i have money to lose

Eric gave me 10 1's when i payed for my door fee last cb
Also named me & p1s team shoot more *****

And also
Teehee, long and hard

tubes

Smash Ace
Rayku I'll MM your Sheik. I need to be reminded that the matchup isn't even. Will you be at ATL revival this weekend?

Also @ BBQ: Next time we meet we need to do like 500 crouch-cancel related experiments.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
jason, the next time i see you i want to do a money match, but i don't know how much i'll have on me when that happens. that being said, we'll set it at $5, but it may change before we actually play.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Okay, so I have:

$5 against Player 3, Sheik vs. Falcon (Melee)
$5 against tubes, Sheik vs. Falcon (Melee)
$5 against FrozenHobo, Lucario/Ike vs. Ice Climbers (Brawl)

HitboxExploiter, was that you accepting a MM in a Sheik ditto?

In all honesty, I've just picked up Sheik and Falcon is one of my worst matchups while playing as her. BBQ even gives me some trouble :p I can fight against Fox/Marth with her fairly well, though.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
it's -really- bad when i know someone's being sarcastic, yet it's probably the most truthful thing they've ever said.
Jamaal, I still like you, don't get on my bad side. No one is even on my bad side yet, so please don't be the first one on it. Also, I don't see how you can say everything I do is an imitation of others. You obviously don't know me at all.

Also @ BBQ: Next time we meet we need to do like 500 crouch-cancel related experiments.
aight man. also, I told Sleepy about Pyramid Hopping. The new advanced technique is so legit.

BBQ even gives me some trouble :p I can fight against Fox/Marth with her fairly well, though.
This is true, but probably because you're focusing too hard on one aspect of the matchup, so you're limiting your options. Maybe not, but that's usually my problem when I use Sheik against Falcon.

Rayku

Smash Lord
This is true, but probably because you're focusing too hard on one aspect of the matchup, so you're limiting your options. Maybe not, but that's usually my problem when I use Sheik against Falcon.
You're overanalyzing me too much again. I just approach Falcon and mis-time my attacks. I'm workin' on it, though.

@Hitbox: That sounds good. I'm not a fan of chaingrabbing myself. How about we just do it the next time we see each other?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
bbq please do not start a troll with pyramid hopping when it's just triangle jump

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the vast majority of furries i've talked to tell me that they "don't discriminate"

GOD!

Smash Ace
trolls .

@God - stop trying to steer away conversations, that's why you got pee'd on.
I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You realize you've bumped internet heads with like 5 different people in this and the waba thread in the past two days. Maybe you are PMSing or something. Honestly I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the peeing thing. Maybe another high schooler can translate.

And umby's comment as well as mine were meant in fun.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'll MM Player 3 or Saltix in Brawl or Melee.
Okay, so I have:

$5 against Player 3, Sheik vs. Falcon (Melee)
$5 against tubes, Sheik vs. Falcon (Melee)
$5 against FrozenHobo, Lucario/Ike vs. Ice Climbers (Brawl)

HitboxExploiter, was that you accepting a MM in a Sheik ditto?

In all honesty, I've just picked up Sheik and Falcon is one of my worst matchups while playing as her. BBQ even gives me some trouble :p I can fight against Fox/Marth with her fairly well, though.
I wanted to mm/barline last time i saw you
we still have that Iron man MM to do LOL
or we can normal MM

Purple

Hi guys!
I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You realize you've bumped internet heads with like 5 different people in this and the waba thread in the past two days. Maybe you are PMSing or something. Honestly I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the peeing thing. Maybe another high schooler can translate.

And umby's comment as well as mine were meant in fun.
Did you actually read the conversation? I have a different opinion about a gaming store and was stating facts in defense to what they were saying.

Sounds more like a debate to me good sir. We're trying to figure **** out and you're bringing up other bull****. Get out of here.

Also i'm a college student, you should learn the community before you start saying **** about the community.

Pee'd on is a street fighter term when you get perfected, utterly destroyed without doing damage to your opponent. You seemed a bit defensive in your response to umby. Doesn't sound very fun to me. Stop getting Pee'd on god.

Tl;Dr
-Stop commenting on **** you don't know about; related morely to a community you don't support.

-You got suicidal friends to take care of.

- Stop getting pee'd on.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
After reading everything that has been said for the past few pages, I have this to say:

Yes, there were power problems at TO4. If you were there, or have talked to me about it, you know what I mean. BECAUSE it was in the training center(in which there are NO outlets on one side of the room) we had to run surge strips and power cords all the way around the room. It shorted, and I thought Darkrain was going to rip my head off. /swt

That aside, the former-retail side should -not- have any problems as they have plentiful outlets. Its also pretty sizeable, perhaps able to comfortably accomadate a 50-80 man tournament. I'm not talking about what the fire-marshal says, I'm talking about reality. There'd be a riot and nobody would have room to walk OR a place to sit down and play if you tried a tournament larger than 90-ish.

tl;dr, Tipped Off 6 will be at a venue I acquire through other means. No ill-will to Min, but I've made him a decent amount of money and I wasn't "ecstatic" with the preparation for TO5. It was still sufficient.

------------------------------------------------------------

The 10$ door fee thing/community dying comes down to this:

How dedicated are you? Will you save money to attend tournaments wherever they are in GA when you can? Will you get a carful of people together and go to OOS tourneys?

You'll NEVER get better (to a regional/national level) by staying in-state.
The real question is "How bad do you want it?"

I've been negligent recently in my efforts to host small tournaments and smashfests recently, due to work and g/f johns. I'm hoping to breathe some life back into the community soon, however.

Bottom line: You pay for the experience till you get good enough to make money at it.
Do I have to recount again how much money I've LOST playing smash bros since late 2006?
You drive or get a ride, and go as often as your life-schedule permits. You host smashfests and PERSONALLY talk to people in order to get them to show up. Don't just post on smashboards, CALL THEM. This is how GPC functioned way back in the day before any of you brawlers or new melee players had any idea about competetive smash.

Waba is not a -bad- place to hold tournaments. 5$/weekly and 10$/monthly is reasonable.
15$ for a lock-in? Eh, a bit steep for my taste but understandable given Min's financial situation.

So make up your mind, save the money, make the effort.

Or don't. Its that simple.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Nicely said by FullMetal, but I still don't think I'm going to Waba with the $15 door fee (and pre-reg is not an option for me). I also won't have a ride as Lounis said he doesn't want to go with the $15 door fee either.

Top Bottom