• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
This.

Good seeing you guys out there.

Oh, and I was going to do this whole spiel about this tourney, but I will keep it short.

For the GA Brawl community: Step your game up.
what were brawl results. Who came? who took top 3? how much was the payout?

bigman40

Smash Master
Top 5 payout is basically standard at ALL Ohio tournaments and most MW tournaments. Since this system started the MW has been the only region to see GROWTH over the last year in tournament attendance/frequency. I would recommended TO's everywhere payout top 5 regardless of the size of the event (I mean if its like 8 people maybe not but anything over 13 or so it great.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm so hyped to get better mannnnn if we had top 5 payouts it'd be even better !
yeah top 5 payout would encourage people to try harder. Some people know that they cant beat biglou/calvin/reflex so they go bull**** characters. If top 5 get money then people might be more motivated to make their door fee back. This being if there is an alright turnout (30+) but in we live in GA.

bigman40

Smash Master
yeah top 5 payout would encourage people to try harder. Some people know that they cant beat biglou/calvin/reflex so they go bull**** characters. If top 5 get money then people might be more motivated to make their door fee back. This being if there is an alright turnout (30+) but in we live in GA.
Go search GA on AiB and tell me how many people you find that live within the ATL area (that's about 1 hr away from Waba). I guarantee that if we motivated them to come out of hiding then you wouldn't have to worry about that.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I always play Dedede *or ic's* against biglou/kismet/reflex. I go in believing in my abilites to play this game and knowing I have a chance to win. Using a character I don't play seriously is not only cheating myself, but It's not allowing my opponent to see my improvements. Playing top players is always fun.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i see you, it's cool though, you made money, and you got a girl. you're better than 9/10's of the southeast at that rate.

****, i just obtained EPIPHANY !

...if i win money...that means money to use...

to use to buy a printer...

a good one...

one that doesn't run out of ink every 25 minutes...

and then...

i can print out my wife

thus...

i reign superior...

fufufufufufufufufufu

now I WILL BE BUTTERFREE

MUSTARD UNITO

AMATERASU

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I didn't hate on Ga tech, (which shows you merely skimmed my messages, not actually read and understood) i'm fine with Ga Tech being used;i actually support it, however i don't support it being the only place of use and just ignoring waba just because ga tech is free. Other people from Ga Tech can use the space just as much as the smash community.

I said 10 dollars is reasonable, and that i personally can't change the price, due to min's financial situation. If you know what he's going through, it's understandable why he wouldn't want to go lower than 10. Then I explained why 10 dollars isn't so bad.

The topic was originally started by me advertising a tournament on march 6th. which had a 10 dollar door fee if you pre-reg, 15 dollars if reg at the door. BBQ made a huge deal about the price, saying that we wouldn't get any setups, and that the space is extremely limited. Which i corrected him by telling him how much space waba can hold if emptied the way we're set to have it, and that all the setups for the place were going to be used for smash and smash only.

You got insulted by umby, which is where the get jv 5 stocked came into play.

Why shouldn't i have called you out? You stuck your nose in something that didn't relate to you.

As for the straw man arguements. If waba goes down, the brawl community won't entirely go away. No community actually 'dies' as we think it does. It just gets spread out and plays amongst themselves, with no internal reason to go out and expand their community. The duluth area would rather waba be available, while other areas want to just stick to spsu, or ga tech. Since not many of us want to move, we'll be stuck playing our own tournaments . smash fests never expanding our knowledge or community.

WRONG

gatech sucks

who is GOD! btw? does he go to gatech? the only people i know who play at this school other than tong and i are artdude/4god/that mk player who i don't think is this guy (also i apparently don't know his name lol)

you talk about playing smashfests, but i've been at every smash tournament (64, melee and brawl) at gatech in the past like 4 years, and i've never seen you....

in other news: power problems at TO4? if anyone thinks that's a big deal, why don't you watch MSL finals, where Jaedong got a win for being in a huge battle with Flash and the power going out. It was funny.

CONFLICT DIFFUSED. THREAD OVER.

Wait did I post this really late? It's because ALL OF YOU ARE BORING SO I DON'T COME HERE.
New conflict initiated! Discuss <3

VietGeek

Smash Hero
nah i agree i need to print out a new jokebook and torrent it to the other high schoolers so we can laugh at ourselves in that small corner by the bathroom

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah

after

obv

the real reason is we don't need none of this no fair bull**** again

u play wario

"neutrals" (and i use that term loosely) are good enough

plus ga brawl still have bs rainbow cruise for all your wario love

Umby

Smash Master

****, i just obtained EPIPHANY !

...if i win money...that means money to use...

to use to buy a printer...

a good one...

one that doesn't run out of ink every 25 minutes...

and then...

i can print out my wife

thus...

i reign superior...

fufufufufufufufufufu

now I WILL BE BUTTERFREE

MUSTARD UNITO

AMATERASU
I hear you can find a wife if you have a DS nowadays. Ganbatte ne.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Man up if you have to say no fair.
This

VietG you gave up on brawl because you kept losing. you played brawl and didnt say anything bad about it back in 2008/early 2009 when we weren't that good and you were consistently placing top 5-8

BBQ°

Smash Champion
So why isn't pre-reg an option again? i still don't get it.
sorry for the late response-

Pre-reg isn't an option for me because I never find out if I can go to tournies until the day before. For example, I didn't know I was going to the Auburn tournament until 3 hours before we left.

Top Bottom