• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BigLøu

Smash Lord
go ahead and put me down as a definite. at the very least i can come for friendlies, but i'll see if i can get my parents to put some more money on my debit so i can preregister.
Well, all you really need to do for me to confirm you is that you pre reg the door fee of the tourney, which is a 10 dollar door fee. Also gas costs plus food etc.

Well, push come to shove, I can probably leave thursday, but then it'll depend on my friends. I did mean take 2 cars up there. I don't really have too much money to spare, so I'm hoping to split with enough people for the hotel room.
Doubtful I'm going to leave Thursday, too many people have classes Friday and I don't thin k I can make it work. I want to leave Friday though, as early as possible.

The ONLY wayI'm getting a hotel room is if I don't have to use MY credit card to get a room, and if we have like 10-15 people in a room tominimize costs as much as possible, otherwise I'm going to sleep in my car.

I am quite interested buut...

Edit: On Friday? LOL. If you're not going on Friday, I'm down.

Alright, I'm confirmed. All I need is the word from you.
Like I said, this is a first come first serve basis, if you are 100 percent confirmed I'll put you down. Although it is extremely likely that we are going to leave Friday sometime so that we can get there early as possible, and we may not be back until sometime on Monday so just fair warning, I don't know about schedule for highschoolers so I don't know about when you guys have spring break off, although I think this tourney was scheduled so that it would in sync with spring break.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Spring Break is in April, though, but it's okay.

I can take an absence, s'cool.

My only issue would be housing for the nights, unless it's an all-night thing.

Room in the car lol?

Yeah, 100% confirmed

DRN

Smash Lord
Chaz, when is your spring break, i'm pretty sure high school spring break is this same week, and if it isn't I don't think there is a way we can make it back monday because Brawl is on Sunday, and its about a 6-7 hour drive.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff spring break isnt on the same weekend i checked before i saw this hoping for the same thing. Starts April 5th ffffffffffffffffff again. Cant skip either :/ fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff one more time and i blame bbq

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I'll probably pay for the hotel room is enough people come and split the cost (and if my dad agrees with me getting my credit card, which most likely will happen). I'm gonna be talking with my friends to see if they are down to go or not (and I gave them a 2 1/2 week deadline). Alby, I would recommend getting another ride option to make sure you're going, but otherwise, I'll take you if I don't take everyone with me here.

That'll do with me leaving Friday then. Since I'm the latest person that finishes friday, everyone else will be ready to leave immediately when I get done with classes.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Spring Break is in April, though, but it's okay.

I can take an absence, s'cool.

My only issue would be housing for the nights, unless it's an all-night thing.

Room in the car lol?

Yeah, 100% confirmed
Ok well, if you're confirmed 100 percent then yea we will find a way to get you there with either bigman/scatz/roderick or my self. If bigman is coming from the south it may be easier for him to pick you up because I'm about an hour north of where you are., and it would save me a trip.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff spring break isnt on the same weekend i checked before i saw this hoping for the same thing. Starts April 5th ffffffffffffffffff again. Cant skip either :/ fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff one more time and i blame bbq
Goddamit Chaz =/, you know when I was in highschool they let me make up **** on days I knew I was going to be absent, because well it was highschool and nobody gave a **** lol. I would at least talk to your teachers and/or parents if you can get all your work done ahead of time or something, but I understand.

Well, I'll probably pay for the hotel room is enough people come and split the cost (and if my dad agrees with me getting my credit card, which most likely will happen). I'm gonna be talking with my friends to see if they are down to go or not (and I gave them a 2 1/2 week deadline). Alby, I would recommend getting another ride option to make sure you're going, but otherwise, I'll take you if I don't take everyone with me here.

That'll do with me leaving Friday then. Since I'm the latest person that finishes friday, everyone else will be ready to leave immediately when I get done with classes.
Ok well, we will work out who rides with who when the time comes, we should just make it easy for both of us and pick up people who are on our way. live close. That way we both save as much gas as possible. Also I thin ka good meting place would be my house before we head out, ( ilive like up I 75 north off exit 267A), Then head out from there.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
well the Melee people might take their own separate car, so RJ, you might be ok if we leave friday afternoon and get back sunday afternoon.

DRN

Smash Lord

Goddamit Chaz =/, you know when I was in highschool they let me make up **** on days I knew I was going to be absent, because well it was highschool and nobody gave a **** lol. I would at least talk to your teachers and/or parents if you can get all your work done ahead of time or something, but I understand.

K nvm lmao. My mom just said i can prob go if i dont miss any school from now to then. So i guess ima just have to hope to god that last seat isnt taken until a week before tourney xD. Which is HIGHLY unlikely im sure since Herb is gonna be awesome :/. Back to 90% confirmed but w/ a 5% chance of actually having a seat left. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff maybe btw its still bbqs fault

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
well the Melee people might take their own separate car, so RJ, you might be ok if we leave friday afternoon and get back sunday afternoon.
i dont know if my mom will let me skip my sat thing on saturday (yeah i know. its lame.)
i hate being asian

GOD!

Smash Ace
Definitely interested. Who's car? How much gas money?
This looks really sweet and I'd love to go out of state.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
K nvm lmao. My mom just said i can prob go if i dont miss any school from now to then. So i guess ima just have to hope to god that last seat isnt taken until a week before tourney xD. Which is HIGHLY unlikely im sure since Herb is gonna be awesome :/. Back to 90% confirmed but w/ a 5% chance of actually having a seat left. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff maybe btw its still bbqs fault
Wait so you can go if you go to all your classes

<_<

>_>

just go to all your classes, and since I trust that you will we will work it out.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
it's always my fault

Definitely interested. Who's car? How much gas money?
This looks really sweet and I'd love to go out of state.
I don't have any info, I was just saying that the Melee people will probably go and MIGHT have some spots available. If anything fullmetal will probably drive and he'll take soft, chaddd, sleepy, and maybe cornel, eugenio, merc, or mike g. There might be room for us depending on who goes and stuff.

just go to all your classes, and since I trust that you will we will work it out.
He means he can't go if he has to skip one of his classes the day before or after the tourney

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
"dyno you need to get new parents"

I want to go to OOS tournies soooooo bad :( but if my mom isnt comfy with me going to a tourney 40 min away.. what is this i dont even.. Must go to college..

tubes

Smash Ace
I also want to go but I would need to make sure I don't have any schoolwork I'd have to do the sunday we get back.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
K nvm lmao. My mom just said i can prob go if i dont miss any school from now to then.
He means he can't go if he has to skip one of his classes the day before or after the tourney
I'm reading, I can go as long as I don't miss any school from now until the tourney.

Dyno just do what Chaz did and go to a columbus tourney, or in this case tell them you are spening the weekend at Diablo's lol.

bigman40

Smash Master
"dyno you need to get new parents"

I want to go to OOS tournies soooooo bad :( but if my mom isnt comfy with me going to a tourney 40 min away.. what is this i dont even.. Must go to college..
Better start showing that persistence. Also, telling them the entire plan like you knew every detail would help. :)

DRN

Smash Lord

<_<

>_>

This would be absolutely amazing so basically all i gotta do now is stay in school and brag about my grades to my dad. My moms perfectly fine w/ it and is tryin to help me go. Once again if i fail then its BBQ's fault but im sure i wont.

it's always my fault

I don't have any info, I was just saying that the Melee people will probably go and MIGHT have some spots available. If anything fullmetal will probably drive and he'll take soft, chaddd, sleepy, and maybe cornel, eugenio, merc, or mike g. There might be room for us depending on who goes and stuff.

No i mean that i can skip monday if i dont miss any school now till then. This and im assuming and hoping were not leaving friday before 4?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
*Looks @ HERB3 date.*

*Sees that it is during the last weekend of my Spring Break.*

Big Lou, put me down as a 100% yes for HERB3 (or whoever's driving).

Yes, I will gladly pay for gas.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, all you really need to do for me to confirm you is that you pre reg the door fee of the tourney, which is a 10 dollar door fee. Also gas costs plus food etc.
alright, i'll get that worked out. getting my parents to do the door fee should be fine. i can skip classes on friday (though i'm done by 1 so it shouldn't be a problem). how much should i get? door fee aside, does $50-60 sound good, or should i get more?

edit: also, when do you think we'd be getting back monday/tuesday?

GOD!

Smash Ace
Ok. You obviously have priority going over me, but if there is a spot, I am 100% good to go. If you find any info out let me know (I'm not exactly immersed in Ga smash right now..).

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i wouldn't mind going, but DEFINITELY don't put me down as a priority person to go. if i went, i'd just do commentary and make fun of people or something... :\

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i wouldn't mind going, but DEFINITELY don't put me down as a priority person to go. if i went, i'd just do commentary and make fun of people or something... :\
that brings back good memories of watching the munkaid live stream.... too good

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
*looks into wallet and pulls out his credit card*
*cries as he hears "No Funds Are Currently Available", but is told he owes a balance of around $40 bucks*

I have the oddest feeling of regret now.
Anyways seems everyone is more up north in GA, wouldn't be fun to drive myself to H3 even if I got on my hands and knees to beg for a transfer of funds.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Ok. You obviously have priority going over me, but if there is a spot, I am 100% good to go. If you find any info out let me know (I'm not exactly immersed in Ga smash right now..).
it's not about priority, it's about confirmation. ;)

*looks into wallet and pulls out his credit card*
*cries as he hears "No Funds Are Currently Available", but is told he owes a balance of around $40 bucks*

I have the oddest feeling of regret now.
Anyways seems everyone is more up north in GA, wouldn't be fun to drive myself to H3 even if I got on my hands and knees to beg for a transfer of funds.
there are some southern smashers.
the only ones i know of are melee players.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Ah well... just learned about this 10 mins ago. I can go of course (I'm a free bird with very little restrictions!) and I just need a ride. If I can get a ride confirmed then I'll pre-reg ASAP. But I CAN go and I'm 100% confirmed etc etc.

EDIT: Yeah so after meeting elev8 and seeing his Ice Climbers... I was actually really intrigued by them. So I started playing them yesterday and so far I can successfully chaingrab Falco from 0-108% in training mode and almost DDD and Wario too. For 2 days of practice I think that's pretty good. Doing it in a match and learning all their spacing is a whole different matter entirely though. But what else are room mates for? :D and the crazy thing is I'm having A LOT of fun learning them.

All I'm saying is... ware my ICs Georgia... in a month or two :p

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
im going i hope =/ i gotta pass jr physic but yea im going. is there any link to aib so i can put that i am going?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
march 5th, i need to know who's pre-reg again

Yiff
Vietgeek
Mercy
i will be attending

EDIT: How about we set up a livestream for this tournament. When im watching a livestream, it makes me want to be at that tournament no matter where it is. Maybe this will encourage others to show up. Cant hurt to try, can it? Ill help with this all i can. I just do not have a laptop or anything with mobility that digitizes video feed, but anything else ill be down with helping.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody!

Sorry about not being able to post in the last few months. I've been working in Conyers at my restaurant that opened in November. We don't have internet at my restaurant, which sucks balls...but hopefully by the end of this week, I will be online at the restaurant.

I know many of you are wondering wtf is going on with Waba, so here are some insights and thoughts I wanted to share with you:

SAD TRUTHS ABOUT WABA:
-I did NOT sell the Tournament Center, we were kicked out because we could not afford it and there was a willing tenant that the landlord could actually get rent money from.
-The remaining Waba Game side is in limbo, because we can NOT afford the rent and other bills. I'm just hoping the landlord gives us time to figure things out or at least have a few more events to build good memories from.
-In the three and a half years Waba has been open, we have NEVER been out of the red (never profited). I paid thousands of dollars every month to work and keep Waba open ever since I came to GA. I'm NOT crying about it though, because I got to do what I wanted to do. I got to meet cool people and had a some great times at Waba.
-Gaming Centers/Lan Centers are dying. Waba will die as well, it's just a matter of time. I'm just trying to prolong it's life as long as I can. I've been a gamer all my life, and I've been in the gaming business for over 12years...it's a part of me and always will be. That will never die.
-I have exceeded my limits and gained unimaginable debts keeping Waba on life support.
-This is the last year...maybe the last few months of Waba at it's current location.

BETTER THOUGHTS:
-Waba is NOT dead yet.
-Some of you couldn't care less if Waba was to die (close), but some of you do care. I choose to focus on the ones who give a ***.
-Waba is NOT the venue. Waba IS a concept of building community with the common interest in gaming and other interest shared by me and my friends. So, in that sense, Waba will NOT die.
-We have events still to be experienced before Waba moves along to another place. There is a future for Waba, in short term and in the long term as well.
-Waba still has options and plans that will be shared in the weeks to come...so, for the people labelled 'Wabers' or 'Wabagamers' or whatever, keep the faith. Don't let the haters run the game, we keep playing even when they say 'game over'. We reset and play again.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
-Some of you are thinking, 'If Waba is doing so bad and he's in such debt, then how did he get money to start a restaurant?' I know I don't have to answer this, but at the same time my supporters should know. I have no money, but I have excellent credit...but banks will NOT give business loans these days, instead they will give credit cards that I can max out and go into bigger debt. Credit cards got the ball rolling, but what really made the restaurant a reality is the trusting investment from my extended family who sold their ancester's land in Korea to fund this business venture. It swells my heart to think how lucky I am to have such support. They see potential in me that I hope for. It motivates me to no end to succeed and not let them down.
-I don't mean to get deep or cheesyish, but it's what's real right now. You're gonna think what you think, but negative perspectives will not alter my perspective.
-I know in the past I made mistakes and bad decisions with Waba and life in general, but those things are the past. I learn, I grow, even though I'm old (38), I still learn. I think God let's me experience all these failures to prepare me for the success. I think life is about growth and meeting and exceeding your potentials. I believe everyday is a new start, and it's up to us to keep the right positive perspective to elevate our lives into something better. I believe my history is not a prediction of my future, only a preperation of it. I will still make more mistakes, but far less in between the right decisions I will make.

WABA'S LAST? SMASH TOURNAMENT RELATED:
-March 6th Tournament Event ... 2pm to Midnight+.
-Door Fee will be $10 (Not $15) Please Pre-Register anyways, so we know how many people to expect.
-(Midnight+) = there will be some activities after midnight, but NOT all night. those who can stay and hang with us to watch movies and play games are welcomed. we will be playing it by ear on how long we actually stay open after midnight. the official time for this event will stand at doors open at 2pm and end at midnight.
-If you do NOT want to attend or think the door fee is too high, please do NOT hate and discourage others not to come. Just skip the event and let the people who want to come enjoy it.
-This Event will greatly determine if we have another Smash tournament at this location or not. If you are able to support us for this event, please come out.
-Melee and Brawl: Teams first followed by Singles.
-More details to Come.

P.S.:
-Please quote and re-post segments you think are important.
-Please keep your negaitive comments to yourselves and just skip the event if you don't want to come.
-Thank you all for your support.

Min Jun : Waba Owner
e-mail: wabagames@yahoo.com

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
EDIT: How about we set up a livestream for this tournament. When im watching a livestream, it makes me want to be at that tournament no matter where it is. Maybe this will encourage others to show up. Cant hurt to try, can it? Ill help with this all i can. I just do not have a laptop or anything with mobility that digitizes video feed, but anything else ill be down with helping.
I still think we should do this to help get the word out to people in the atlantic south.

I will be at the lockin tournament but i dont think i can stay until 2:00AM.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
^^^ You guys should read that stuff.
I did. and i really want waba to succeed so i am telling people that if we get a livestream up, more people might show up to waba. the reward is greater than the risk. MUCH greater.

Top Bottom