• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So far, Waba has been my hub for Smashing. I've only been to one tourney that was not at Waba, and that was Halloween Bash. So Waba's got a lot of history for me. Without Waba, I would never have gotten into competitive Smash, I would never have met these cool people, and I would never have had all those good times.

I hope the best for Waba, though. So here's to hoping.

I'll definitely be at the tourney/Lock-in/Whatever it is, though. Fun times for all.

DRN

Smash Lord
Ah well... just learned about this 10 mins ago. I can go of course (I'm a free bird with very little restrictions!) and I just need a ride. If I can get a ride confirmed then I'll pre-reg ASAP. But I CAN go and I'm 100% confirmed etc etc.

EDIT: Yeah so after meeting elev8 and seeing his Ice Climbers... I was actually really intrigued by them. So I started playing them yesterday and so far I can successfully chaingrab Falco from 0-108% in training mode and almost DDD and Wario too. For 2 days of practice I think that's pretty good. Doing it in a match and learning all their spacing is a whole different matter entirely though. But what else are room mates for? :D and the crazy thing is I'm having A LOT of fun learning them.

All I'm saying is... ware my ICs Georgia... in a month or two :p
Noooooo now my falco wont be able to come out as often w/ u, albino, and Popo all playing ICs :[. O well guess i just gotta learn the match up which is pretty much dont get grabbed

Btw anyone know whos wii the crew battles were saved on?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Ah well... just learned about this 10 mins ago. I can go of course (I'm a free bird with very little restrictions!) and I just need a ride. If I can get a ride confirmed then I'll pre-reg ASAP. But I CAN go and I'm 100% confirmed etc etc.

EDIT: Yeah so after meeting elev8 and seeing his Ice Climbers... I was actually really intrigued by them. So I started playing them yesterday and so far I can successfully chaingrab Falco from 0-108% in training mode and almost DDD and Wario too. For 2 days of practice I think that's pretty good. Doing it in a match and learning all their spacing is a whole different matter entirely though. But what else are room mates for? :D and the crazy thing is I'm having A LOT of fun learning them.

All I'm saying is... ware my ICs Georgia... in a month or two :p
yeah, can't let you do that.

bigman40

Smash Master
Noooooo now my falco wont be able to come out as often w/ u, albino, and Popo all playing ICs :[. O well guess i just gotta learn the match up which is pretty much dont get grabbed

Btw anyone know whos wii the crew battles were saved on?
Better start learning another character. Or play like DEHF and go super larry.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i will be attending

EDIT: How about we set up a livestream for this tournament. When im watching a livestream, it makes me want to be at that tournament no matter where it is. Maybe this will encourage others to show up. Cant hurt to try, can it? Ill help with this all i can. I just do not have a laptop or anything with mobility that digitizes video feed, but anything else ill be down with helping.
I think this is a really good idea.

Hey everybody!

Sorry about not being able to post in the last few months. I've been working in Conyers at my restaurant that opened in November. We don't have internet at my restaurant, which sucks balls...but hopefully by the end of this week, I will be online at the restaurant.

I know many of you are wondering wtf is going on with Waba, so here are some insights and thoughts I wanted to share with you:

SAD TRUTHS ABOUT WABA:
-I did NOT sell the Tournament Center, we were kicked out because we could not afford it and there was a willing tenant that the landlord could actually get rent money from.
-The remaining Waba Game side is in limbo, because we can NOT afford the rent and other bills. I'm just hoping the landlord gives us time to figure things out or at least have a few more events to build good memories from.
-In the three and a half years Waba has been open, we have NEVER been out of the red (never profited). I paid thousands of dollars every month to work and keep Waba open ever since I came to GA. I'm NOT crying about it though, because I got to do what I wanted to do. I got to meet cool people and had a some great times at Waba.
-Gaming Centers/Lan Centers are dying. Waba will die as well, it's just a matter of time. I'm just trying to prolong it's life as long as I can. I've been a gamer all my life, and I've been in the gaming business for over 12years...it's a part of me and always will be. That will never die.
-I have exceeded my limits and gained unimaginable debts keeping Waba on life support.
-This is the last year...maybe the last few months of Waba at it's current location.

BETTER THOUGHTS:
-Waba is NOT dead yet.
-Some of you couldn't care less if Waba was to die (close), but some of you do care. I choose to focus on the ones who give a ***.
-Waba is NOT the venue. Waba IS a concept of building community with the common interest in gaming and other interest shared by me and my friends. So, in that sense, Waba will NOT die.
-We have events still to be experienced before Waba moves along to another place. There is a future for Waba, in short term and in the long term as well.
-Waba still has options and plans that will be shared in the weeks to come...so, for the people labelled 'Wabers' or 'Wabagamers' or whatever, keep the faith. Don't let the haters run the game, we keep playing even when they say 'game over'. We reset and play again.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
-Some of you are thinking, 'If Waba is doing so bad and he's in such debt, then how did he get money to start a restaurant?' I know I don't have to answer this, but at the same time my supporters should know. I have no money, but I have excellent credit...but banks will NOT give business loans these days, instead they will give credit cards that I can max out and go into bigger debt. Credit cards got the ball rolling, but what really made the restaurant a reality is the trusting investment from my extended family who sold their ancester's land in Korea to fund this business venture. It swells my heart to think how lucky I am to have such support. They see potential in me that I hope for. It motivates me to no end to succeed and not let them down.
-I don't mean to get deep or cheesyish, but it's what's real right now. You're gonna think what you think, but negative perspectives will not alter my perspective.
-I know in the past I made mistakes and bad decisions with Waba and life in general, but those things are the past. I learn, I grow, even though I'm old (38), I still learn. I think God let's me experience all these failures to prepare me for the success. I think life is about growth and meeting and exceeding your potentials. I believe everyday is a new start, and it's up to us to keep the right positive perspective to elevate our lives into something better. I believe my history is not a prediction of my future, only a preperation of it. I will still make more mistakes, but far less in between the right decisions I will make.

WABA'S LAST? SMASH TOURNAMENT RELATED:
-March 6th Tournament Event ... 2pm to Midnight+.
-Door Fee will be $10 (Not $15) Please Pre-Register anyways, so we know how many people to expect.
-(Midnight+) = there will be some activities after midnight, but NOT all night. those who can stay and hang with us to watch movies and play games are welcomed. we will be playing it by ear on how long we actually stay open after midnight. the official time for this event will stand at doors open at 2pm and end at midnight.
-If you do NOT want to attend or think the door fee is too high, please do NOT hate and discourage others not to come. Just skip the event and let the people who want to come enjoy it.
-This Event will greatly determine if we have another Smash tournament at this location or not. If you are able to support us for this event, please come out.
-Melee and Brawl: Teams first followed by Singles.
-More details to Come.

P.S.:
-Please quote and re-post segments you think are important.
-Please keep your negaitive comments to yourselves and just skip the event if you don't want to come.
-Thank you all for your support.

Min Jun : Waba Owner
e-mail: wabagames@yahoo.com
I love Min. I think I'll go to the lock-in thingy.

bigman40

Smash Master
I would have loved to come to support Waba on the 6th, but I'm still in school during that time, and having to spend around another 100 bucks for it isn't worth it. I don't come back until the 12th, so yeah.

Otherwise, anyone wanna do stuff that Saturday when I come back? That's the week before FRXII, and I wanna get my game back together before it.

Also, Artdude, if your housing offer still available? I might want to take it for Friday > Saturday just to keep practicing during off tourney times.

Edit: As for the livestream option, I have a dazzle and a S-video/AV Wii input available. The only thing that is needed is a laptop.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I would have loved to come to support Waba on the 6th, but I'm still in school during that time, and having to spend around another 100 bucks for it isn't worth it. I don't come back until the 12th, so yeah.

Otherwise, anyone wanna do stuff that Saturday when I come back? That's the week before FRXII, and I wanna get my game back together before it.

Also, Artdude, if your housing offer still available? I might want to take it for Friday > Saturday just to keep practicing during off tourney times.

Edit: As for the livestream option, I have a dazzle and a S-video/AV Wii input available. The only thing that is needed is a laptop.
FR is the 13th...

I suggested the livestream before, but everyone said 'oh, no one will watch at all, no point.'

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
I did. and i really want waba to succeed so i am telling people that if we get a livestream up, more people might show up to waba. the reward is greater than the risk. MUCH greater.
THE REWARD OF SETTING UP A LIVESTREAM IS MUCH GREATER THAN THE RISKS

BUZZPHRASES HURrrrrr

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I was thinking about going to the lock in now, but apparently my freind is turning 30 and I'm going to go to her b-day party that same day =(

VietGeek

Smash Hero
why are ice climber even legal character?

theres two of them rofl

obv this is unfair and detrimental to the barlw video game competition for matchmaking service sd rehash trigger resurrection DX

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ill do commentary

what could possibly go wrong with 10 high schoolers 1 computer and internet access?
**** you, if anyone is doing commentary it will be lounis, P3, scatz, jamaal, or random people from the audience. and i can assure you 90% of the people on that list won't talk about the match. best commentary ever (jamaal or scatz may try to be serious, but we all know it will never lasts).

VietGeek

Smash Hero
also have to ask what we're streaming

because u know

brawl

streaming

streaming brawl

that's like putting the A/V feed into the toilet and talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the toilet

what could possibly go wrong

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Where do we preregister for the tournament on the 6th?
THE REWARD OF SETTING UP A LIVESTREAM IS MUCH GREATER THAN THE RISKS

BUZZPHRASES HURrrrrr
also have to ask what we're streaming

because u know

brawl

streaming

streaming brawl

that's like putting the A/V feed into the toilet and talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the toilet

what could possibly go wrong
After reading this I think we should go ahead and stream brawl.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody!

Sorry about not being able to post in the last few months. I've been working in Conyers at my restaurant that opened in November. We don't have internet at my restaurant, which sucks balls...but hopefully by the end of this week, I will be online at the restaurant.

I know many of you are wondering wtf is going on with Waba, so here are some insights and thoughts I wanted to share with you:

SAD TRUTHS ABOUT WABA:
-I did NOT sell the Tournament Center, we were kicked out because we could not afford it and there was a willing tenant that the landlord could actually get rent money from.
-The remaining Waba Game side is in limbo, because we can NOT afford the rent and other bills. I'm just hoping the landlord gives us time to figure things out or at least have a few more events to build good memories from.
-In the three and a half years Waba has been open, we have NEVER been out of the red (never profited). I paid thousands of dollars every month to work and keep Waba open ever since I came to GA. I'm NOT crying about it though, because I got to do what I wanted to do. I got to meet cool people and had a some great times at Waba.
-Gaming Centers/Lan Centers are dying. Waba will die as well, it's just a matter of time. I'm just trying to prolong it's life as long as I can. I've been a gamer all my life, and I've been in the gaming business for over 12years...it's a part of me and always will be. That will never die.
-I have exceeded my limits and gained unimaginable debts keeping Waba on life support.
-This is the last year...maybe the last few months of Waba at it's current location.

BETTER THOUGHTS:
-Waba is NOT dead yet.
-Some of you couldn't care less if Waba was to die (close), but some of you do care. I choose to focus on the ones who give a ***.
-Waba is NOT the venue. Waba IS a concept of building community with the common interest in gaming and other interest shared by me and my friends. So, in that sense, Waba will NOT die.
-We have events still to be experienced before Waba moves along to another place. There is a future for Waba, in short term and in the long term as well.
-Waba still has options and plans that will be shared in the weeks to come...so, for the people labelled 'Wabers' or 'Wabagamers' or whatever, keep the faith. Don't let the haters run the game, we keep playing even when they say 'game over'. We reset and play again.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
-Some of you are thinking, 'If Waba is doing so bad and he's in such debt, then how did he get money to start a restaurant?' I know I don't have to answer this, but at the same time my supporters should know. I have no money, but I have excellent credit...but banks will NOT give business loans these days, instead they will give credit cards that I can max out and go into bigger debt. Credit cards got the ball rolling, but what really made the restaurant a reality is the trusting investment from my extended family who sold their ancester's land in Korea to fund this business venture. It swells my heart to think how lucky I am to have such support. They see potential in me that I hope for. It motivates me to no end to succeed and not let them down.
-I don't mean to get deep or cheesyish, but it's what's real right now. You're gonna think what you think, but negative perspectives will not alter my perspective.
-I know in the past I made mistakes and bad decisions with Waba and life in general, but those things are the past. I learn, I grow, even though I'm old (38), I still learn. I think God let's me experience all these failures to prepare me for the success. I think life is about growth and meeting and exceeding your potentials. I believe everyday is a new start, and it's up to us to keep the right positive perspective to elevate our lives into something better. I believe my history is not a prediction of my future, only a preperation of it. I will still make more mistakes, but far less in between the right decisions I will make.

WABA'S LAST? SMASH TOURNAMENT RELATED:
-March 6th Tournament Event ... 2pm to Midnight+.
-Door Fee will be $10 (Not $15) Please Pre-Register anyways, so we know how many people to expect.
-(Midnight+) = there will be some activities after midnight, but NOT all night. those who can stay and hang with us to watch movies and play games are welcomed. we will be playing it by ear on how long we actually stay open after midnight. the official time for this event will stand at doors open at 2pm and end at midnight.
-If you do NOT want to attend or think the door fee is too high, please do NOT hate and discourage others not to come. Just skip the event and let the people who want to come enjoy it.
-This Event will greatly determine if we have another Smash tournament at this location or not. If you are able to support us for this event, please come out.
-Melee and Brawl: Teams first followed by Singles.
-More details to Come.

P.S.:
-Please quote and re-post segments you think are important.
-Please keep your negaitive comments to yourselves and just skip the event if you don't want to come.
-Thank you all for your support.

Min Jun : Waba Owner
e-mail: wabagames@yahoo.com
Unfortunately, we no longer have internet at Waba atm. But, if someone has an air card(Clear, att, verizon, etc.) we could use...then streaming shouldn't be an issue. We shouldn't have any problems having a laptop to use and I have dazzle as well.

Please pre-register by sending a PM to Jamaal(Roxy) or post you are attending. Jamaal will post updates of the pre-register list. Thanks and hope to see ya there.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
use ICs agaisnt me artdude

i dare you
No need. I only need them for people I can't beat. Lol jk, I only want them as a back-up for my bad match-ups like Falco/DDD/Wario. Tired of losing in brackets just to those 3 characters. Plus, the chaingrab on Falco is stupid easy. I got it down near perfect in 2 days. The ZSS one is pretty easy too lulz.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what is ㅣ'm

pls expl

also the only people who are good at commentary that i've come across are
dogy
rayku
lounis

i would say marty but i don't think we'd get anything positive for a brawl thing LOL

dogy is a great choice. he's knowledgeable, can speak quickly, and is hilarious.
rayku proved himself to have good commentary from the spsu crew battle.... except he's a bit too spiteful. but that's ok because we love him.
lounis is also a very good commentator. in those teams grand finals vids where i commentate with lounis, i'm babbling on about nothing and he brings up good points and trolls well.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
what is ㅣ'm

pls expl

also the only people who are good at commentary that i've come across are
dogy
rayku
lounis

i would say marty but i don't think we'd get anything positive for a brawl thing LOL

dogy is a great choice. he's knowledgeable, can speak quickly, and is hilarious.
rayku proved himself to have good commentary from the spsu crew battle.... except he's a bit too spiteful. but that's ok because we love him.
lounis is also a very good commentator. in those teams grand finals vids where i commentate with lounis, i'm babbling on about nothing and he brings up good points and trolls well.
I agree with dogy and lounis being great commentators. Dogy was very reactive to whats going on (melee) and was interesting to listen to. And lounis had some great moments when i was tuned into the AU tourney.

BUT i guess this is not likely to happen unless someone has an internet card that they can bring to waba.

Top Bottom