• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Nihongo is a furry?
Hey bro. Does this mean you attend furry cons and enjoying yiffing with other furies?

If this is true. Then I guess stereotypes are usually true
Yes, I am a furry, I've been to FWA twice, and my gf's a furry, so...yeah, you're right. I DO enjoy it.

No comment on the homo thing, though. I'm bi.

I started to work on a fursuit, but got bored.

*Puts up flame-shield*

GOD!

Smash Ace
Roxy get over yourself. Please. Your in college, and I didn't know that, so apparently I don't know the community.
No obv you're pissing a lot of people off so just stfu plz.

Stop talking about other video games on smashboards too. I know a lot of people do, and that's ok, but stop expecting me to know all these other fighting game references. Just go on shoryuken to use all your clever insults.
I could just give my own point by point analysis of what I think about waba.

-I like the place. I have a job now, so I could handle a $10 door fee. When I was in high school, I could only work on saturday and sunday. I would have money but no free weekend. My mom also controlled my car closely so it wasn't easy getting anywhere in high school.
-I would be fine just having a lot of smashfests, GT, and waba this summer. I really like waba. Plus the staff are cool guys.
-You're a douche, get a life roxy and get off me. Idk why you felt like calling me out for trying satirize an extremely emotional and fairly simple situation.

Maybe the problem with our community is angry people. Maybe a bowling night could replace a smashfest one day or something so egos wouldn't flare up as much.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Roxy get over yourself. Please. Your in college, and I didn't know that, so apparently I don't know the community.

Stop talking about other video games on smashboards too. I know a lot of people do, and that's ok, but stop expecting me to know all these other fighting game references. Just go on shoryuken to use all your clever insults.

-I like the place. I have a job now, so I could handle a $10 door fee. When I was in high school, I could only work on saturday and sunday. I would have money but no free weekend. My mom also controlled my car closely so it wasn't easy getting anywhere in high school.
-I would be fine just having a lot of smashfests, GT, and waba this summer. I really like waba. Plus the staff are cool guys.
-You're a douche, get a life roxy and get off me. Idk why you felt like calling me out for trying satirize an extremely emotional and fairly simple situation.

Maybe the problem with our community is angry people. Maybe a bowling night could replace a smashfest one day or something so egos wouldn't flare up as much.
He just talks about both sides of situations. Why hate on him because of that? he normally isnt on anyone's side. he only explains situations.

Purple

Hi guys!
aaaw yeah it's time to get busy

Exactly. Why would you make a comment about someone when you don't know who they are. I have yet to make any comments about you except for the comment about your friend being suicidal. Notice how my comment was actually true, why yours wasn't.

If i was pissing people off i would get calls/messages from them, and i would kindly stop. BBQ was insulted my a comment i said, and he said not to make him mad. Guess what i did? I didn't even respond to not cause anymore damage. No one's getting pissed, this was an arguement, meant to solve a problem.

Stop talking about other video games on smashboards too. know a lot of people do, and that's ok, but stop expecting me to know all these other fighting game references. Just go on shoryuken to use all your clever insults.
If it's okay, why are you telling me to stop?

That was the first reference to anything besides smash.

. . .

oh i'm sorry, get jv 5 stocked. Is that better for you?

ignored because they're actual comments about waba.

I'm not a douche, i just happen to be playing the devil's advocate on a subject (mainly because i volunteer at the place). Most of the smash (brawl and melee) do not want to pay the waba fees, hence their comments towards me. That doesn't mean anyone hates me 'God!', that just means that they don't like what i defend about waba.

Maybe the problem in our community is people who can't understand that it's an arguement, not a hate fest.

The sad thing is bro, i don't even hate you. You're the one throwing ******* remarks. I just commented on them in my defense.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Maybe you need to understand that straw man arguments only make you look ********. Angry people and "hate fest." are totally different ideas.
Also its not so much an argument as it is everyone wanting to be understood. First thing you learn in managing conflict in a business is that people want to be understood and heard.
Sure the door fees are reasonable to you. But saying that over and over.. isn't arguing. It's repeating a point.

Pee'd or jv 5 stocked.. both have zero relevance to what actually took place.
You're kind of ticking me off cause I don't even know who you are and you're still being a douche. And I posted, I didn't call. And other people posted saying you needed to stop hating on tech. They didn't call you up to have a heart to heart.

It's easy to guess you're a high schooler, you play brawl. Isn't that like 4/5 of the brawlers?
Moral is you shouldn't have called me out. Now I feel stupid for responding, and I think you're too emotionally involved in Waba and trying to convince people to go there...
.. when everyone is just stating their own opinions.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
so im relatively new to the ga smash community but i r have teh brain so lemme try
---i like smashfests alot, theres not money to be had usually but isnt smash more than just cash
--- would it be bad to rent some sort of small (or big depending on the turnout) venue (or whatever g tech was is fine too) when we want a tournament. one thing i did like about waba was id show up, pay my money and like no one would be there. if a tourney was 'hyped' in advanced and people were confirmed to come (i dont care about preregistered but i would hope most peoples word would be good) than **** could happen at an acceptable level. it wouldnt have to be huge but if larger amounts of people could be there thatd be cool
--- house tournies are cool but maybe those arent realistic.
--- this is only really directed at melee people, but if brawlers can make melee happen im fine with that

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yes, I am a furry, I've been to FWA twice, and my gf's a furry, so...yeah, you're right. I DO enjoy it.

No comment on the homo thing, though. I'm bi.

I started to work on a fursuit, but got bored.

*Puts up flame-shield*
HAHHAAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Ahem.

Ha. That's funny.

Smooth Criminal

Purple

Hi guys!
Maybe you need to understand that straw man arguments only make you look ********. Angry people and "hate fest." are totally different ideas.
Also its not so much an argument as it is everyone wanting to be understood. First thing you learn in managing conflict in a business is that people want to be understood and heard.
Sure the door fees are reasonable to you. But saying that over and over.. isn't arguing. It's repeating a point.

Pee'd or jv 5 stocked.. both have zero relevance to what actually took place.
You're kind of ticking me off cause I don't even know who you are and you're still being a douche. And I posted, I didn't call. And other people posted saying you needed to stop hating on tech. They didn't call you up to have a heart to heart.

It's easy to guess you're a high schooler, you play brawl. Isn't that like 4/5 of the brawlers?
Moral is you shouldn't have called me out. Now I feel stupid for responding, and I think you're too emotionally involved in Waba and trying to convince people to go there...
.. when everyone is just stating their own opinions.
I didn't hate on Ga tech, (which shows you merely skimmed my messages, not actually read and understood) i'm fine with Ga Tech being used;i actually support it, however i don't support it being the only place of use and just ignoring waba just because ga tech is free. Other people from Ga Tech can use the space just as much as the smash community.

I said 10 dollars is reasonable, and that i personally can't change the price, due to min's financial situation. If you know what he's going through, it's understandable why he wouldn't want to go lower than 10. Then I explained why 10 dollars isn't so bad.

The topic was originally started by me advertising a tournament on march 6th. which had a 10 dollar door fee if you pre-reg, 15 dollars if reg at the door. BBQ made a huge deal about the price, saying that we wouldn't get any setups, and that the space is extremely limited. Which i corrected him by telling him how much space waba can hold if emptied the way we're set to have it, and that all the setups for the place were going to be used for smash and smash only.

You got insulted by umby, which is where the get jv 5 stocked came into play.

Why shouldn't i have called you out? You stuck your nose in something that didn't relate to you.

As for the straw man arguements. If waba goes down, the brawl community won't entirely go away. No community actually 'dies' as we think it does. It just gets spread out and plays amongst themselves, with no internal reason to go out and expand their community. The duluth area would rather waba be available, while other areas want to just stick to spsu, or ga tech. Since not many of us want to move, we'll be stuck playing our own tournaments . smash fests never expanding our knowledge or community.

Saltix

Smash Lord
LOL

I didn't hate on Ga tech, (which shows you merely skimmed my messages, not actually read and understood) i'm fine with Ga Tech being used;i actually support it, however i don't support it being the only place of use and just ignoring waba just because ga tech is free. Other people from Ga Tech can use the space just as much as the smash community.

I said 10 dollars is reasonable, and that i personally can't change the price, due to min's financial situation. If you know what he's going through, it's understandable why he wouldn't want to go lower than 10. Then I explained why 10 dollars isn't so bad.

The topic was originally started by me advertising a tournament on march 6th. which had a 10 dollar door fee if you pre-reg, 15 dollars if reg at the door. BBQ made a huge deal about the price, saying that we wouldn't get any setups, and that the space is extremely limited. Which i corrected him by telling him how much space waba can hold if emptied the way we're set to have it, and that all the setups for the place were going to be used for smash and smash only.

You got insulted by umby, which is where the get jv 5 stocked came into play.

Why shouldn't i have called you out? You stuck your nose in something that didn't relate to you.

As for the straw man arguements. If waba goes down, the brawl community won't entirely go away. No community actually 'dies' as we think it does. It just gets spread out and plays amongst themselves, with no internal reason to go out and expand their community. The duluth area would rather waba be available, while other areas want to just stick to spsu, or ga tech. Since not many of us want to move, we'll be stuck playing our own tournaments . smash fests never expanding our knowledge or community.
Jamaal, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone man

GOD!

Smash Ace
It was only one friend who tried to commit suicide dumb***. Not "friends." Plz get yur facts str8.
Bottom line is your trying to be the police here and no one is even arguing. You're just being stupid.

You didn't get the straw man reference. Two other people asked you to stop hating on tech, so either we're all wrong and you're not a hater, or you're now lying.

You can't explain why 10 isn't so bad. It's not reasonable to people with no income. You seem to think that because you explained it, all other viewpoints are just wrong because they just aren't listening to you.

bigman40

Smash Master
What a bunch of babies....

Roxy did not hate on GA Tech. He and I simply said that it shouldn't be the only place where the community gathers up all the time, and for the record, I talked about GA Tech much more than him. Dunno why there's sudden "hate" about the little tid bit of info he said about Tech, but your concern should've been more towards me than anyone else.

As for you two personally insulting each other, just shut the **** up and move on.

10 bucks is up to the choice for each person. If you can't pay it, then don't go. If you can, that's up to you if you have other things that you need to get done. Roxy said that he's doing pre-registering, so people talking about 15 bucks anymore is just being ignorant and not reading about the details. If you can't do pre-registering for your own reasons, then simply ****ing say, "I can't go. Maybe next time."

I'm done with this place. You guys can argue all you want from here on out.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
okay the real issue here is:

who the hell is gonna play tales of vesperia ps3 with me there if umby isn't?

i mean disregard the fact that the game is full of kanji **** it also has t!ts, lolis, and repede obv (also sexiest voice alive as furen/flynnzaku)

kk multiplayer bring ur own ps3 controller whatevers

playing jrpgs is very important highest priority

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
okay the real issue here is:

who the hell is gonna play tales of vesperia ps3 with me there if umby isn't?

i mean disregard the fact that the game is full of kanji **** it also has t!ts, lolis, and repede obv (also sexiest voice alive as furen/flynnzaku)

kk multiplayer bring ur own ps3 controller whatevers

playing jrpgs is very important highest priority
I will. From what I've heard, it's an amazing game.

i don't hvave a ps3 controller
will ps1 work
I lol'd.

Umby

Smash Master
I would probably play ToV with you guys if I went since it's exactly like ToA and ToS. Those games have fun battle systems.
The same basics in the system (attack > arte combos, free run, etc) but the type of artes you can pull out and the way overlimit works is a little different.

Top Bottom