• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Reboot was the best part of my childhood.

edit: is there any chance of an increased entry fee? i was talkin to hugs and a few others on the WC and they seem too greedy to come unless theres more potential money involved.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I think an increased entry fee is a good idea. More money tends to attract people traveling long distances. It certainly offsets the price of travel if they win, making it much more worthwhile... raise that ****!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Reboot was the best part of my childhood.

edit: is there any chance of an increased entry fee? i was talkin to hugs and a few others on the WC and they seem too greedy to come unless theres more potential money involved.
Greedy mother ****ers. lol There goes more money down the drain just so I can have an awesome Melee experience. Urggg. I will just have to be amazing to not lose all this money I guess. No problem.

Edit: South vs EC? Yes, yes, and yes. I will cheer loudly. I would cheer even louder if there was Midsouth itself against other regions, though. :p

j00t

Smash Champion
Greedy mother ****ers. lol There goes more money down the drain just so I can have an awesome Melee experience. Urggg. I will just have to be amazing to not lose all this money I guess. No problem.

Edit: South vs EC? Yes, yes, and yes. I will cheer loudly. I would cheer even louder if there was Midsouth itself against other regions, though. :p
Hey n00b, let's be sure to get some friendlies in okay? We can do Falcon dittos if you want.... you can teach me stuff :3

Also, SleepyK, wanna do a GnW mm? :p

NES n00b

Smash Master
Hey n00b, let's be sure to get some friendlies in okay? We can do Falcon dittos if you want.... you can teach me stuff :3

Also, SleepyK, wanna do a GnW mm? :p
Oh sure, I haven't played you in a long time in Melee. Don't let me teach you stuff, though. lol Not a good teacher or even that good at Smash. Choose whoever you want. =D

Edit: I will take that sucking *** MM. I just need to play Brawl all the time with no Melee and no sleep or food 2 days before the tourney. Problem solved.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Raise it to $20 and spread out the prizes to at least 5th (maybe 7th).
Doubles to $15 each couldn't hurt either.
And what are my chances at money? Slim as hell, even with 7th, so anyone calling me greedy is misinformed, trolling, or secretly wants my ****. Just saying.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
mmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i guess i better practice or something lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
@IHSB but you have expressed interest in coming. People sitting on their *** on wc shouldnt try to dictate a tournament theyve expressed no interest in unless the pot size changes.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Saying "I'll come if the pot is bigger" isn't really trying to dictate a tournament, it's just offering a trade. I.e. we get the chance to play amazingly good Cali players in exchange for an entry fee that's $5 higher.

If HugS comes, I'll probably lose more than that in Samus ditto MMs anyway XD

RDK

Smash Hero
Oh sure, I haven't played you in a long time in Melee. Don't let me teach you stuff, though. lol Not a good teacher or even that good at Smash. Choose whoever you want. =D
You're way too modest, N00b.

That, or you really do suck and I just forgot.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wwwoooowwww meleee is soooooo goooooood lol more people should be constantly posting here...

brawl just sorta removed the randoms from tourneys like these, this is gonna be one rough tournament

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
wait...

is connecticut not coming anymore...?

im sorry, i think im going to go cry my eyes out into a tub and drown myself. brb

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind an increased entry fee even though I have little expectation of recovering it (which makes me a scrub according to KevinM) just because the more people there the better the experience.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Darn skippy.

I dot consider that a trade at all. Thats like a fat chick saying Ill sit on you if you give me ten dollars... unless youre into that >_>;

lol, spaceballs cfalcon dittos gogogo.
It's more like a fat chick who's really good at giving head saying she'll blow you for ten dollars, and this magically making you better at Melee.

God my analogies are amazing.

NES n00b

Smash Master
wwwoooowwww meleee is soooooo goooooood lol more people should be constantly posting here...

brawl just sorta removed the randoms from tourneys like these, this is gonna be one rough tournament
I don't get what you mean from randoms, but it is going to be a rough tourney and Melee is too good.

wait...

is connecticut not coming anymore...?

im sorry, i think im going to go cry my eyes out into a tub and drown myself. brb
=(. They better go to this tourney for your sake or I will hunt them down. Plus, I need the money from the MMs

I wouldn't mind an increased entry fee even though I have little expectation of recovering it (which makes me a scrub according to KevinM) just because the more people there the better the experience.
Not this, again. =/ Don't be down on yourself. You have gotten alot better. You will probably suprise even yourself.

It's more like a fat chick who's really good at giving head saying she'll blow you for ten dollars, and this magically making you better at Melee.

God my analogies are amazing.
Yes, this analogy is too good.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Reminds me of this one midwest tourney, where there were like 5 randoms, and they were the only ones who got eliminated in pools.
Also reminds me of FC Diamond after the first round of pools.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Having no faith in beating people within your skill range is a scrub mentality.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Sleepy, would you be agreeable to driving me and my party from either the train station or airport to a hotel near the venue? I'll give you a hug. ^_^

Top Bottom