• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Presents: The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out, June 7th & 8th!!!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yo daz / darc / any ne player, i am strongly considering goign to this, but, how are you guys getting there.

its like a 30 hour drive if you didnt know lol, so, yeah. IDK, i would just like to attend

edit, alpha brought up a good point.

I never think of round trip, unless im doing the driving so i can john about everything.

...FL still has tolls and i still get mad when i go to orlando.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
will COK make their melee comeback at this?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

theres a good chance =)
YAYHUZZ
might as well add Trademark, Mikemoney, and ZK to the roster

edit// all from CT
i got you guys down;)

Pre reg @ 132 *Of course not everyone on this list will show up, but still a good number*
Still need more TVs and i think Plank will need more cake if we have 100+ peeps show up:)
You did say you prefer chocolate right?

Eggz

Smash Hero
I suggest that everyone already on the EC take a train.

Its much more comfortable and runs cheaper than planes for short distance travel.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
nite..AMAZING, i am excited

prac, i LOVEEE ice cream cake but i know that has to be cold so if you cant do that...just regular cake with icing is good. or chocolate with chocolate icing, mmmmm!
I believe, Cash, he said Chocolate. ;)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
wow we need more hot asian women like milktea. maybe we can ask her to bring over some of her couzins or something lol. any way eggs i asked for a mm $1.

ganon chad i owe you a mm $3 ok. im sorry about last time when i ran like a little ***** to play with space balls and fulll metal and soft thosse guys are too cool if you remember. please play ganon not captain falcon bcuz you play the best ganon in the world XD

and kage i mm $1 ya or na

this is the best therad on the boards seriously look at our posts.

@everyone still mm anyone $1

im also bringing a camara to take pics of you guys so get ready :)

im the sexyist black guy real talk so all of you lose already:laugh:

Drephen

Smash Master
Venue:
The Venue is going to be at a Gym provided by Carter *and his Aunt* and we have the venue throughout the entire weekend so housing and showers *yes showers* will be provided at the venue. Also Carter's aunt will have concession stands running as well so food will be provided as well, but i am not to sure what all she will be selling and the prices so ill update this portion later when i get more info.
I remember when at Viva La Smashtaclysm there were supposed to have it in a gym but realized that there weren't enough outlets in the gym so we had to do in at a ****ty venue. You guys check that out yet?

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
We should start talking about crew battles. GA vs ?? South vs ???

Also, who's gonna be on the roster and how should we decide?? Power rankings? Tournament placings?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
@Carter: Have I played you yet? Anyway I would like to play you at this tournament.

As far as crews go, Im going to say tourney placing/vote on it. That last power ranking is from september and has since changed dramatically.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I remember when at Viva La Smashtaclysm there were supposed to have it in a gym but realized that there weren't enough outlets in the gym so we had to do in at a ****ty venue. You guys check that out yet?
They are headed up there tomorrow to check this out. : ) (or so I was told lol)

For crews, if enough people are interested, we could do like, a major crew battle, and then have a crews side tourny (you know, 4-5 man crews, placed in a double elim bracket, or maybe single elim for time).

Just a thought. :)

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
@Carter: Have I played you yet? Anyway I would like to play you at this tournament.

As far as crews go, Im going to say tourney placing/vote on it. That last power ranking is from september and has since changed dramatically.
No, I haven't played you before. We'll play though.

I don't think the power rankings have changed too dramatically. I think it would be best if we voted soon and got the concrete list of players before the tournament so that there's not too much drama at the tournament.

@Gerbil - The major crew battle tournament is definitely on (region or state crews) and the smaller crew battle tournament sounds good too.

Zone

Smash Champion
They are headed up there tomorrow to check this out. : ) (or so I was told lol)

For crews, if enough people are interested, we could do like, a major crew battle, and then have a crews side tourny (you know, 4-5 man crews, placed in a double elim bracket, or maybe single elim for time).

I like this idea. I mean it is 2 days of melee, >.>;

Skler

Smash Master
Hey guys, I need some sort of awesome ride down. Getting a van is nearly impossible, although I'm still going to try.

NE lets step it up and get down there!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'd be behind a region crew battle, simply because my *** would be on the sidelines cheering.

The hell if we're doing another GA vs ___ crew battle. That **** was disgusting last time.

I mean, we got annhilated by pikachus, mewtwos, and a bowser. What the ****. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE MID/HIGH/AND TOP CHARACTERS.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I'd be behind a region crew battle, simply because my *** would be on the sidelines cheering.

The hell if we're doing another GA vs ___ crew battle. That **** was disgusting last time.

I mean, we got annhilated by pikachus, mewtwos, and a bowser. What the ****. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE MID/HIGH/AND TOP CHARACTERS.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that **** sounds too good. I would also be cheering from the sidelines and probably very loud I might add (Not as loud as other people we all know are loud >_>).

I still can't understand Iori speak.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Were going up there tomorrow

Also, who's gonna be on the roster and how should we decide?? Power rankings? Tournament placings?
GA vs South o_O Didn't we learn our lesson from Smash aid X ROFL

and then have a crews side tourny (you know, 4-5 man crews, placed in a double elim bracket, or maybe single elim for time).

Yeah we were already doing that Gerbil but thanks for being late anyways >_>

Hey guys, I need some sort of awesome ride down. Getting a van is nearly impossible, although I'm still going to try.

NE lets step it up and get down there!
SOMEONE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Crews: I know for sure were doing regular crews, but i have no idea how we are going to handle super crews *you know the whole East vs West thing *. I want to do regional but certain regions * WC for example* might not have the numbers to rep. We could do state but once again *Wc might not have the numbers to rep*. So any suggestions could help i am all ear:)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
No, I haven't played you before. We'll play though.

I don't think the power rankings have changed too dramatically. I think it would be best if we voted soon and got the concrete list of players before the tournament so that there's not too much drama at the tournament.

@Gerbil - The major crew battle tournament is definitely on (region or state crews) and the smaller crew battle tournament sounds good too.
The power rankings were due for an overhaul, to say the least. =)
I think that the PR panel and a few of the top smashers in GA would be the people most qualified to pick the GA crew.

D=

thats because I wasn't in the GA crew! T_T

-----------------------------------------------
Carter- 5$ 2/3
Dogy- 5$ 3/5
Smooth Criminal- 5$ 2/3
TRC- 5$ 2/3
MarsFool- 1$ 2/3
Nicaboy- 5$ 2/3
IHSB- 5$ 2/3
Jx31- 5$ 2/3
Prac- 20$ 3/5
112 - 5$ 2/3
Zone- 5$ 2/3 Fox vs. Zelda
Dazwa- 5$ 2/3
Nite- 5$ 2/3
Iori- 5$ 2/3
Nice1- 5$ 2/3 + 5$ 2/3 Fox ditto
NES n00b- 5$ 3/5
Kage- 10$ 3/5
Zeus- Hyrule ?$

Did I miss anybody on this list?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Depending on attendence, just be careful with crews and put them last just in case.

*personal experience*

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
why is nobody money matching me

i want to have another ridiculously huge list of money matches then only do like 2 of them when i'm actually there lol

kinda like what everyone does

Gerbil

Smash Champion

i want to have another ridiculously huge list of money matches then only do like 2 of them when i'm actually there lol

I did ask you for one. Granted only 1$ because I'm broke as crap, but nonetheless it is potential money. :)

Fox vs Bowser, 1$ 2 of 3. TGMTSBCO Rule Set.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*points at title of thread*

lol, I was being dumb and just attempted to abbreviate this tournament's name. :p

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

How about my main vs anything you want to use 3/5, one dollar from the one and only random guy at the tourney?

I was proud of the fact last time I did all the (possible...darn people not showing up >_>)MMs I said I would do and there was alot of them. I just rushed them all towards the end of the tourney. lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'd just like to say before this goes any further that $1 mm are a waste of time and might as well be a casual lol

edit: i'd rather play against a real character, if you have one ;P

hahaha

but sure

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll MM you for $50 Gimpyfish62, 100 stock Falcon Ditos.

No moonwalking.

Falcon Punch Only.

Final Destination.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I actually don't play high-tier characters that much, so I'd probably do worse if I picked Marth or a space animal over Kirby or Yoshi.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
True that 1$ might seem pointless, but I'd rather take your dollar if that's cool with you ;)

/friendly **** talk. (don't hurt me haha)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Snaps it's been said.

OK, I shall find 5$ JUST FOR JOO!!!!!! :p

*gets people to pay him back*

It is done sir. 5$ MM Fox on Bowser 2 of 3.

S0FT

Smash Ace
Umm the GA vs. OOS was a disaster last time cause of the people picked to be in it.....
If we pick the right people and counter pick right we could do just fine.

Top Bottom