• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It seems that spirit events with new spirits have been put on hold for quite a long time, with the last one to feature new spirits at all were the Origami King ones. I guess they really want to get the Square rep out of the way before they do any new ones

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, you think we could be getting a Direct here?
Precedent says yes. Like I showed, the only time multiple maintenances have happened in a week and literally nothing came of it was the week before the Animal Crossing Direct in February but, just that, it was followed by a Direct the next plus even more maintenances.

The maintenances next week are also fairly hefty with the PayPal one being 4 hours itself and two of the three others being two hours. Altogether, it totals 9 hours if counted seperately and still a sizeable 6 if you count it as a continuous timeframe.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Precedent says yes. Like I showed, the only time multiple maintenances have happened in a week and literally nothing came of it was the week before the Animal Crossing Direct in February but, just that, it was followed by a Direct the next plus even more maintenances.
The maintenances next week are also fairly hefty with the PayPal one being 4 hours itself and two of the three others being two hours. Altogether, it totals 9 hours if counted seperately and still a sizeable 6 if you count it as a continuous timeframe.
I see. Man, Nintendo likes to keep Directs a surprise, but they sure can't keep Direct hints off the internet, can't they?

QQS

Smash Lord
9D0D927A-BDF3-4B21-B35D-110C897843F6.jpeg

Geno and the Party are being busy defeating Cell. That’s why he had to postpone his #7 reveal in order to show up later on the road to Smash.

(Credit on the SMRPG photo to the Artist on “Royal Flash Cannon” found on Know Your Meme. I don’t take any credits on the Art, I just made the collage with the DBZ picture).

GENO SHINES LIKE A STAR!

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
If we really actually get a genuine Direct after 14 months I'm gonna be so excited and hyped. Keeping my expectations lowish though so I don't get disappointed.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don't really care whether or not we get a Nintendo Direct - what they call their information release video isn't even vaguely as important as the actual contents of said video. We could get a Smash-focused Direct that amounts to 'Geno is never coming. Nobody else you want is, either'.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't really care whether or not we get a Nintendo Direct - what they call their information release video isn't even vaguely as important as the actual contents of said video. We could get a Smash-focused Direct that amounts to 'Geno is never coming. Nobody else you want is, either'.
With special guest Serenade. :troll:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Who would've thought back in 1996 that Geno would become one of the biggest requests in a video game where Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man can fight side-by-side.

Our little puppet boy has been gone for so long, but his time to return is nearing everyday.

Never give up.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
In some news there won't be any character patch note in 9.0.2: https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1326312504889274373?s=20
This update was clearly made just for fixing Steve's bugs
Damn. RIP Paddleball mode.

Geno is better than those mortal Smash characters, as he has no need for the action those mortals dub as "eating".
If Geno is a puppet that doesn't require not desire any sustenance, how and why does he willingly mbibe consumables like Max Mushrooms or Kerokero Cola?

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Damn. RIP Paddleball mode.

If Geno is a puppet that doesn't require not desire any sustenance, how and why does he willingly mbibe consumables like Max Mushrooms or Kerokero Cola?
To be fair I just said he, as a literal star spirit, does not have any need to eat or drink, not that he can't.

Now I need to know how him actually eating works...does he have a digestive system like us or is he like Kirby and his "stomach" is an infinite blackhole?

So many questions. So few answers.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
patch not being balance is a good thing, if it was a balance patch, it could potentially mean a long wait till the next character.
Sure, i want some steve buffs as much as the next guy, but they’ll happen eventually: for now, this is good

QQS

Smash Lord
All this hard year for everyone would end so good for us, Geno lovers, if they reveal Geno in November or December as 78, rather than 79-80-81.

Playing as Geno after 2 decades will be so epic and perfect. He is a perfect fit in every aspect. I trust that Sakurai and his team will do the best job ever, like they did with Mega Man or Banjo-Kazooie packs.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
〉9.0.2 Smash update out of the blue to apply additional fixes to cuboid lego man
〉Daily countdown to Hyrule Snoreiors: Age of Questionable Canon

I made this to gloat in my own special way.

View attachment 291587
Maintenance will not save you from the curse. Pack it up and try your best to enjoy the rest of this dismal year. Think of just how much of a pig you can be at Thanksgiving when you're holding it by yourself in your dark and lonely apartment rather than around friends and family.
Okay doomer.
That, and correct me if I'm wrong, but having 4 separate maintenance periods on the same day is a record isn't it? View attachment 291581
E3 2020 Part 2 coming soon?

Though, I would think it would be after Age of Calamity's release...

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I translated the tweet, and all I'm gonna say is that this was an interesting read.

View attachment 291633
Wow, a fighter-only tournament where I can smoke, vomit and eat! This is literally all I've ever wanted out of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom