• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I really don’t know if we’re getting a direct this month, but they could easily make a direct mini with the Switch Pro, Fighter 8, Metroid Samus Returns, A few bits on Age of Calamity, and maybe N64 online?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I really don’t know if we’re getting a direct this month, but they could easily make a direct mini with the Switch Pro, Fighter 8, Metroid Samus Returns, A few bits on Age of Calamity, and maybe N64 online?
Haven't you figured it out by now? Nintendo doesn't wanna have a service for their games N64 and onward, they wanna repackage them and sell them back to you at full price :4pacman:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Eh, N64 online is inevitable imo. Every year we’ve had one new console on the service. But that could be a short lived pattern idk.
Haven't you figured it out by now? Nintendo doesn't wanna have a service for their games N64 and onward, they wanna repackage them and sell them back to you at full price :4pacman:

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I think the Metroid thing is fake:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

It's not fake, people are just jumping to the wrong conclusions.
While we are getting a 2D Metroid next year, this has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

To tell you the truth, I'm actually glad if this leak is fake. Getting a port of Samus Returns sounds kinda underwhelming to me. I'd definitely be a whole lot better to get an actual brand new 2D Metroid game.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

I was just about to come in here and say that it looked photoshopped as hell.
One thing that does confuse me is that they used Odyssey gameplay instead of BotW for the Zelda skin.

Also, didn't that 2D Metroid leak mention that the game is going to be related to Fusion?
I guess they could have heard something about the extra hard mode that uses the Fusion Suit and just immediately jumped to conclusions but idk.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting any full directs next week, but Smash news or a reveal certainly isn't outside the realm of plausibility for this month, especially when you factor in that there's roughly a whole week worth of days unaccounted for after the 20th to potentially drop the news

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"The last full General Direct was September 4th 2019"
View attachment 291656
download (9).jpeg

Pictured: all of us becoming increasingly crotchety and jaded as we wait for a first party news dump.

Another reason why I'm paying attention to next week is that, looking over what I found yesterday, I noticed something about the online maintenance for the E-shop:

2 maintenances: usually multiple things will be dropped during the week that is either DLC for a major game, the opening of preorders for a major game, or something that is free to download.

3 or more maintenances: same as above + the E-shop getting a notable influx of games that are free to download, paid, or available to preorder.

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 291665

Pictured: all of us becoming increasingly crotchety and jaded as we wait for a first party news dump.

Another reason why I'm paying attention to next week is that, looking over what I found yesterday, I noticed something about the online maintenance for the E-shop:

2 maintenances: usually multiple things will be dropped during the week that is either DLC for a major game, the opening of preorders for a major game, or something that is free to download.

3 or more maintenances: same as above + the E-shop getting a notable influx of games that are free to download, paid, or available to preorder.
Plus, as you pointed out yesterday, there is precedent for something to occur on the week there is 4+ kinds of maintenance

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Another reason the image is photoshopped:

I love it when game companies allow access to their art in its original resolution. High res Geno gon' be dope.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 291665

So what day would be the best for a Direct? The 19th, Thursday, is the best I can think of.

What day is the maintenance?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hinting Metroid Zero Mission coming back to the switch?
A metroid game collection before Metroid Prime trilogy?
Just kidding, but still something to get the minds rolling a bit

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it's established at this point that the 2D Metroid rumors (the ones that have been pushed around since January, not this promotional thing) are credible, it's more a question of when and whether or not it's actually Metroid V or another remake (please be V).

As for the maintenance, I'll admit it's super suspicious but I don't really think it points specifically to a major direct, and if it does, I get the feeling Nintendo is going to wait until the week after anyway since they are clearly in full Age of Calamity mode right now.

Dukefire

Smash Master
the untold story of what happened to hyrule 100 years ago during BoTW's course is arriving next week. So, it is natural for Nintendo to prep us for the next big hit. (Can't wait to see how the story unfold. Maybe as a timeloop or a possible separate branch of the timelines.)

D

Deleted member

Honestly it is pretty sad how close Geno is but yet we still have a decent wait left.

Min Min taught us that spirits don't disconfirm.
Steve taught us a third party company can indeed double dip with fighters in the DLC.

Geno can't be too far now, right?
Hope so. We most likely gonna find out Geno’s fate no later than 10 certainly. It all depends which upcoming returning Mii costumes comes from which company. For all we know, the Lloyd Irving or MH costumes could be coming next.

Not too long ago, I talked about how it’s possible the Geno costume could come with playable Geno. I’m starting to think that if season 1 was originally gonna be it, they probably could not fit all these 3rd party costumes especially with the new ones going 5-6 per wave. I think there is a possibility that the costumes were not negotiated far in advance when they first decided the characters. They possibly didn’t even get the Geno costume for Hero at first. They were planning too, but they decided to do more DLC around E3 2019 put Geno upgraded. This would lineup with the Mallow Smithy Chocobo leak as it would make perfect sense for the Geno costume to be there if he wasn’t going to playable. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom