• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
and today's posts on NOA's Twitter account continues to have more than Zelda content. How long this will continue is uncertain, but the possibility of seeing something substantial still exists. Just keep your eyes peeled as FP8 could still drop

Last edited:
Reactions: QQS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright, my droogs, I decided to look into it and PayPal maintenance is very rare and has only specifically happened three times in the Switch's history:

-The Monday before the March 2018 General Direct

-The Monday before the March 2018 Indie Direct

-The Monday before Hero's presentation

This said, this is the first time in a year and three months they've decided to do it so it definitely catches my attention. Not absolute proof of anything but the fact that it proceeded three presentations including one where a Smash character was immediately available to buy following is something to note.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Alright, my droogs, I decided to look into it and PayPal maintenance is very rare and has only specifically happened three times in the Switch's history:

This said, this is the first time in a year and three months they've decided to do it so it definitely catches my attention. Not absolute proof of anything but the fact that it proceeded three presentations including one where a Smash character was immediately available to buy following is something to note.
That, and correct me if I'm wrong, but having 4 separate maintenance periods on the same day is a record isn't it?
1605034228147.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion

That, and correct me if I'm wrong, but having 4 separate maintenance periods on the same day is a record isn't it? View attachment 291581
Hmm, don't want to get my hopes up... however.
GenoPoggersHype.gif
GenoPoggersHype.gif
GenoPoggersHype.gif
GenoPoggersHype.gif
GenoPoggersHype.gif
GenoPoggersHype.gif
GenoPoggersHype.gif

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

Wow I didn’t even realize you could link up a PayPal account...

#Dinosaur

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So they added another maintenance topic for the 16th. Hmm. 🤔 I mean, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will be coming out that same week; maintenance may be to have the platform ready for the purchases and digital downloads. However, numerous maintenance for one title; no, it would seem there's something else afoot. 👀

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to gatekeep and I apologize if I came off that way. I just wanted to ask that question is all because it was on my mind.
Now the points that you did bring up gives me hope that Nintendo probably doesn't care about that and I guess Geno could be revealed at TGA.
How dare you. Curiosity.....makes me sick with anger!

No, that wasn't directed at you at all, just the general audience as it looked like the conversation was going down the route of who would be next based off of events coming up. As we've seen, particularly this year, Nintendo does whatever the hell they want, sometimes with a logical thought process behind it, other times coming up with a plan by throwing Scrabble tiles against the wall. What they do and what they think for hype is hard to pin down. Isabelle, a crazy popular fan favorite, was a random Direct reveal, not the one shown at the last Smash Direct despite only being one character number away (they could have easily swapped her and Incineroar).

Palutena, from a much smaller and completed series, was an E3 reveal. Robin, coming from a successful and series saving game, was a random website reveal (not even a Direct!)

Joker was a TGA reveal but then the next TGA had literally nothing from Smash, despite 3 Houses getting awards AND Byleth was next up in reveals, not even a month later.

So Geno shouldn't be discounted as next just based on timing. He can be a TGA reveal, a Direct, a website, a crude drawing from Karen in the third grade. Hell, he could be next AND Nintendo decides to skip the TGAs again (which would be nice if they are upfront with that so I don't need to worry about having 3 hours of my life taken away again). The point is that various precedence have already been established from Nintendo, so they could do any combination of the before in terms of reveals. Sometimes, they have their hand on the fandom pulse. Other times they follow up Cloud Strife with Corn. It can go either way.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That, and correct me if I'm wrong, but having 4 separate maintenance periods on the same day is a record isn't it? View attachment 291581
It might be but I'd have to check. Off the top of my head, I know three maintenances before presentations is pretty standard but it's one of those things that I would need to painstakingly thumb through to check. Either way, the week of the 16th is weirdly stacked despite the only things currently announced are AoC and a couple of tournaments.

D

Deleted member

〉9.0.2 Smash update out of the blue to apply additional fixes to cuboid lego man
〉Daily countdown to Hyrule Snoreiors: Age of Questionable Canon

I made this to gloat in my own special way.

1605037472128.png

Maintenance will not save you from the curse. Pack it up and try your best to enjoy the rest of this dismal year. Think of just how much of a pig you can be at Thanksgiving when you're holding it by yourself in your dark and lonely apartment rather than around friends and family.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
This one, however, smells like hypocrisy and revisionist history.

The one thing Hayabusa has towards him is that Vergeben said that KT and Nintendo had talks about suposedly Smash, and nothing else (before you bring up the "brotherood of shadows" or some other thing, everyone know that it doesn't exist and that it's just some crap you made up. And the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy HD leak isn't valuable anything either, since most RE titles got ported to the Switch, kn top of them having already hapened).

I still think that Hayabusa is extremly likely to get in, it's just that "too big to be a Mii" is absolute bs that got disproven by RE getting spirits and Heihachi coming back as a Mii, literaly no character is safe despite what you believe, because it doesn't matter how big your bias is. Any MW can get Mii'ed or spirited at the most unexpected moment, doesn't matter if it's mike, yours, or anyone's.

The most iconic, relevant, and popular horror game series did not get characters, and one of the biggest and most influencial fighting game franchise got Mii'ed. No characters are guaranteed to be in before their splash screen appear during their reveal trailer, doesn't matter how big or small they are.
Oh good, everyone believes that the Brotherhood Of Shadow isn't real. Phew, I was worried there for a moment that people would think I was credible! brow wiping intensifies

Also, it seems like everyone has forgotten the other bloke who has been vindicated recently, but that's just fine for him. Yep, TOTALLY not anyone else who ever said anything about Hayabusa ever. Yep, just Verge, DEFINITELY not a single other living person out there, and I'm TOTALLY full of **** here.

Speaking about lacking credibility, months back I actually had a dream about Hayabusa. It was really weird because the dream was about a Ninja-Crossover game and putting in popular ninjas from all sorts of media, but when it came to introduce Hayabusa it was actually a Smash reveal. Was kinda nutty, and this is honestly what I'm basing most of my theory about Hayabusa being in on. NOT ANYTHING ELSE REALLY, TOTALLY JUST MY DREAM! Just move along guys, nothing to see but a total revisionist here!

Oh, and while we are on the topic of not paying attention to things, let's bring up the fact that you never pay attention to the actual argument being given. In this case, the argument was never 'Hayabusa is too big to be a Mii Costume', however that is what you framed it to be, yet again more strawmanning from you. The argument was 'Hey, we got a couple of things going on that point to his likelihood' and he has a legacy (slight bonus that there was a bit of Nintendo history, not that it matters all that much) and while he may not have been bandwagoned as hard as Travis was he still was within the Top 20 character in that SourceGaming Mega Smash Poll back in June, many places ahead of Heihachi who you argue is very influential...and about RE, well, Leon was in the high hundreds.

So, they ACTUAL argument is 'Hey, not only is Ninja Gaiden KINDA a big deal and has a legacy, but the dude is actually oddly popular when it comes to Smash and we have reasons to believe it could be happening but not much can be said because folks who aren't me want it that way I believe my dreams are prophetic simply because I dreamed Terry into Smash and therefore I can clearly predict the future via my dreams.'

But hey, at least you strawmanning arguments is a consistent thing, so even if it's not a full positive thing at least you are consistent.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I know it is obvious. Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity is coming next friday. So, I see that nintendo is preparing people to go and buy the full version once released. Also, your opinions about the demo? To me, it was great like playing the other one man warrior type games.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Oh good, everyone believes that the Brotherhood Of Shadow isn't real. Phew, I was worried there for a moment that people would think I was credible! brow wiping intensifies

Also, it seems like everyone has forgotten the other bloke who has been vindicated recently, but that's just fine for him. Yep, TOTALLY not anyone else who ever said anything about Hayabusa ever. Yep, just Verge, DEFINITELY not a single other living person out there, and I'm TOTALLY full of **** here.

Speaking about lacking credibility, months back I actually had a dream about Hayabusa. It was really weird because the dream was about a Ninja-Crossover game and putting in popular ninjas from all sorts of media, but when it came to introduce Hayabusa it was actually a Smash reveal. Was kinda nutty, and this is honestly what I'm basing most of my theory about Hayabusa being in on. NOT ANYTHING ELSE REALLY, TOTALLY JUST MY DREAM! Just move along guys, nothing to see but a total revisionist here!

Oh, and while we are on the topic of not paying attention to things, let's bring up the fact that you never pay attention to the actual argument being given. In this case, the argument was never 'Hayabusa is too big to be a Mii Costume', however that is what you framed it to be, yet again more strawmanning from you. The argument was 'Hey, we got a couple of things going on that point to his likelihood' and he has a legacy (slight bonus that there was a bit of Nintendo history, not that it matters all that much) and while he may not have been bandwagoned as hard as Travis was he still was within the Top 20 character in that SourceGaming Mega Smash Poll back in June, many places ahead of Heihachi who you argue is very influential...and about RE, well, Leon was in the high hundreds.

So, they ACTUAL argument is 'Hey, not only is Ninja Gaiden KINDA a big deal and has a legacy, but the dude is actually oddly popular when it comes to Smash and we have reasons to believe it could be happening but not much can be said because folks who aren't me want it that way I believe my dreams are prophetic simply because I dreamed Terry into Smash and therefore I can clearly predict the future via my dreams.'

But hey, at least you strawmanning arguments is a consistent thing, so even if it's not a full positive thing at least you are consistent.
Reading snipets of it and yup, exactly what I was expecting. Whatever, let's just agree to disagree since we're both way too stuborn to admit either one of us is wrong.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Reading snipets of it and yup, exactly what I was expecting. Whatever, let's just agree to disagree since we're both way too stuborn to admit either one of us is wrong.
Damn bro, this is one of my shorter ones, by like a lot. Pretty sure most peeps here can agree with that. I think the fact that you couldn't read it all and make a solid argument says more about yourself than it does about anything else.

Regardless, I'm more than willing to debate you regardless of whether or not there is a point, mainly because I get satisfaction out of pointing out flaws and just general discussion, but if we aren't both enjoying our time together than maybe it is best if we part ways.

MattX20

Smash Hero
〉9.0.2 Smash update out of the blue to apply additional fixes to cuboid lego man

View attachment 291587
Maintenance will not save you from the curse. Pack it up and try your best to enjoy the rest of this dismal year. Think of just how much of a pig you can be at Thanksgiving when you're holding it by yourself in your dark and lonely apartment rather than around friends and family.
Brimming with optimism, aren't you?

Lyncario

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
Damn bro, this is one of my shorter ones, by like a lot. Pretty sure most peeps here can agree with that. I think the fact that you couldn't read it all and make a solid argument says more about yourself than it does about anything else.

Regardless, I'm more than willing to debate you regardless of whether or not there is a point, mainly because I get satisfaction out of pointing out flaws and just general discussion, but if we aren't both enjoying our time together than maybe it is best if we part ways.
Sorry, I just don't want to shatter your pride so hard that you go cry to a mod, like last time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

View attachment 291587
Was that really necessary? There was no need to say that to us, especially in that way.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At any rate, I'm still fairly confident that we'll see one more reveal/release by year's end. With just barely over a year to go, and given at bare minimum a 2-3 month gap between fighter releases, it would be a lot less taxing to fit in 4 fighter releases in 2021 as opposed to half this year and half the next

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Still, the pandemic did a number on announcements and the development time for 2020. So, I would think that challenger 8 could be for January if Nintendo is wanting to announce it not at the VGA or in December shortly after.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I don't remember too much about it, but it had a lot to do with low information speculators and people were in a tizzy because DLC had just been announced. It was mid-November and because folks had datamined Style Savvy music they were spreading the word that Style Savvy might be getting a character in the DLC. If you look around between the 15th and the 20th of November 2018 you can find talk about it. I dunked on that too back then, glad to see I'm consistent in regards to calling out poor speculation.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with this Adol character, is this in reference to Ys?
Oh thanks.

And yes, i was referring to Adol Christin, the main character of the Ys series. There was a rumor not too long ago about Ys games coming to Switch and also mentioned the possibility of a Falcom character coming to Smash (possibly Adol) Later those games were confirmed officially to be coming on Switch. Coincidence? Yeah probably. SharkLord SharkLord knows more about this in detail.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Nintendo thought Palutena was E3 worthy.
Pacman was revealed behind closed doors.
Cloud was at a random Direct.
Hero, an incon in Japan, was shown at an event that the majority of Japan was asleep for.

Can we please stop trying to figure out when characters would be shown based only on hypeworthiness? It feels like gatekeeping.
Also Roy was revealed at E3 for Smash 4 DLC.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh thanks.

And yes, i was referring to Adol Christin, the main character of the Ys series. There was a rumor not too long ago about Ys games coming to Switch and also mentioned the possibility of a Falcom character coming to Smash (possibly Adol) Later those games were confirmed officially to be coming on Switch. Coincidence? Yeah probably. SharkLord SharkLord knows more about this in detail.
The leak itself is here.

It was from June, predicting a Falcom character in Smash (They believe it's either Adol or Rean), Trails of Cold Steel Spirits (Though they weren't clear on if they're just an event or a Spirit Board as part of a Challenger's Pack), and ports of Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4, Ys IX, and the Crossbell arc of the Trails games. Cold Steel and Ys IX were confirmed around the same time; Not sure if CS came before or after but Ys IX was announced a couple days later. The leak was passed over for a while until recently, when the Crossbell games were confirmed for a Korean release on the Switch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looked into all the maintenances since E3 2019 and this is what I found:

Weeks that had 2 maintenances on the same day: week of the January Pokemon Direct, week of Min Min's release in June, week of September Mario Direct

Weeks that had 3 maintenances on the same day: week before Animal Crossing Direct, week of Animal Crossing Direct, week of March Mini Direct, week of Steve's announcement in October

Weeks that had 4 maintenances on the same day: week of the March indie Direct

The usefulness of the data in 2019 was questionable because Nintendo made a sharp change to how they did maintenance starting in January 2020. Before this, maintenance could often be stretched out over several days and there wasn't a lot of examples of multiple maintenances in the same day. For example, E3 2019 maintenance was essentially stretched out over the course of four days. There were, however, a couple of exceptions in the timeframe I looked at with one being the week of Hero's presentation and another being the week of the Fall Direct.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Weeks that had 2 maintenances on the same day: week of the January Pokemon Direct, week of Min Min's release in June, week of September Mario Direct

Weeks that had 3 maintenances on the same day: week before Animal Crossing Direct, week of Animal Crossing Direct, week of March Mini Direct, week of Steve's announcement in October

The usefulness of the data in 2019 was questionable because Nintendo made a sharp change to how they did maintenance starting in January 2020. Before this, maintenance could often be stretched out over several days and there wasn't a lot of examples of multiple maintenances in the same day. For example, E3 2019 maintenance was essentially stretched out over the course of four days. There were, however, a couple of exceptions in the timeframe I looked at with one being the week of Hero's presentation and another bring the week of the Fall Direct.
So, you think we could be getting a Direct here?

MattX20

Smash Hero

The usefulness of the data in 2019 was questionable because Nintendo made a sharp change to how they did maintenance starting in January 2020. Before this, maintenance could often be stretched out over several days and there wasn't a lot of examples of multiple maintenances in the same day. For example, E3 2019 maintenance was essentially stretched out over the course of four days. There were, however, a couple of exceptions in the timeframe I looked at with one being the week of Hero's presentation and another bring the week of the Fall Direct.
It's just another reason to keep our eyes on the week of the 16th intensely. This information is very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom