• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
Being that I'm one of those old enough to drink something a little stronger than an energy drink, my celebration drink will of course be...

A nice big happy glass of iced tea

Ok but in all seriousness I'd be so excited from the reveal that I would probably pass out before I even had anything alcoholic.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Being that I'm one of those old enough to drink something a little stronger than an energy drink, my celebration drink will of course be...

A nice big happy glass of iced tea

Ok but in all seriousness I'd be so excited from the reveal that I would probably pass out before I even had actual strong drinks.
Last year I almost had a legitimate heart attack when I saw Banjo & Kazooie. My eyes couldn't believe it. I waited 18 years and it was a surreal moment.

Last edited:
Hmm...what would be the celebratory food/drinks if Geno got in?
A five course meal topped off with Yoshi Cookies, Chuckola Cola and of course the cake at the end.

....Would be my meal in a perfect world. In real life, I'll probably just be wasted as ****. But I'll prolly have fun laughing during his trailer and all that so it won't be that bad.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What flavor actually is "Kerokero Cola"? Basically "Ribbit Cola"... Swamp water? Or just something green like apples?
Honestly? Actual cola is weird enough. If you ever look at the basic recipe for cola, it's like someone got dared to mix a bunch of random liquids in a bucket and take a big drink but instead of projectile vomiting or dying instantaneously, they said "this ****'s pretty gud" and decided to sell it by the bottle. Depending on the recipe, you can have upwards of a dozen different flavors mixed together to make cola: cinnamon, nutmeg, orange, lemon, prune, cherry, vanilla, pepper, coffee, chocolate, etc, and "Dr. Pepper" is a whole other level of kitchen ****ery that someone had to have made on accident.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
So what should the title for the Geno Social thread be right after he is announced? Maybe something like: "Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior: It's Finally Over! Geno's Time has come!" Nah, we need a more enthusiastic title.
I would just go with Geno’s splash screen, to be honest. Followed by “It’s been 12 years!”, because Sakurai’s wanted him in since Brawl.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
If Geno gets in i will order a massive pizza and devour it in one sitting while watching his reveal trailer on loop

Also a while back I vowed to order a pizza to xpnc xpnc house on Geno’s reveal day as well so he will partake with me virtually
i am so hungry. please sakurai

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wish I could find the files to my old Super Mario RPG fan game in RPG Maker 2003. I remember recreating the battle system and jump mechanics. Maybe that computer is in my basement somewhere.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody, it's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, but I've been re-playing Mario RPG recently, so I wanted to jump in and say that I'm liking all the positivity. :) Here's hoping we get some news soon! I haven't been in the thread in a long time, but I still want Geno!

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I saw that people were discussing stages a few days ago, and I've always thought a fun stage would be... well, Bowser's Keep, but specifically the chandelier room. There would be the two chandeliers to jump across and fight on, and you could break the chains to make one of them fall (which would make the second one unbreakable until the fallen one reappeared.) So you could shrink the playing field if you wanted to force everyone close together! Maybe sometimes a rope could appear like the one Peach was in, but it'd be tied to one of the chandeliers, so you could knock someone into the rope to get them stuck, and then break the chain their rope was attached to. If they can't mash and escape in time, they fall down with the chandelier!

Here's hoping Geno's part of the pass!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know something I just realized? This is the first E3 since 2013 that the Smash content wasn't spoiled. 2014 was spoiled because of Gemastu, 2015 because of Nintendo itself, 2018 because of Vergeben, and last year because of too many people to count. I know Nintendo has hardcore cracked down but it's wild that this is literally the first Smash E3 in 7 years where a major insider or Nintendo itself hasn't spoiled most if not all the upcoming Smash content.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Could you imagine if the first e3 smash news that didn't get leaked ahead of time is when Nintendo decided to just forget the whole thing and just **** about instead? The irony.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know something I just realized? This is the first E3 since 2013 that the Smash content wasn't spoiled. 2014 was spoiled because of Gemastu, 2015 because of Nintendo itself, 2018 because of Vergeben, and last year because of too many people to count. I know Nintendo has hardcore cracked down but it's wild that this is literally the first Smash E3 in 7 years where a major insider or Nintendo itself hasn't spoiled most if not all the upcoming Smash content.
...my god, you're right!

Lyncario

Smash Ace

If this is too long and off-topic you can PM me if you want. This story is too juicy to be left untold.
It's pretty simple. Back in 2006 or something, 4chan had just discovered Touhou, and it became insanely popular, so much that it birthed the meme "Touhou hijack lol", which is an ms paint drawing of Marisa (a main character in Touhou) saying Touhou Hijack lol., which results in Touhou fans image spamming every thread it was put on. Eventualy, the 4chan mods had enough and made /jp to contain it. And for how Touhou almost made 4chan shut down: back in summer 2019, Touhou fans were waiting for Touhou Willy Beast and Weakest Creatures, the 17th mainline title of the series. And then an image of Reimu possesed by the wolf spirit of the game was leaked and put on 4chan. This was something that shook every Touhou fans on 4chan so hard that they posted enough to cause the servers to shut down.

Griselda

Smash Lord
It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, but would you be opposed to something like Dry Geno?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
A five course meal topped off with Yoshi Cookies, Chuckola Cola and of course the cake at the end.

....Would be my meal in a perfect world. In real life, I'll probably just be wasted as ****. But I'll prolly have fun laughing during his trailer and all that so it won't be that bad.
You'd have to make the non-bundt Bundt cake. Also Booster was most definitely drunk off his ass the entire time you saw him. The man thought crying meant you were leaking (and then after eating the cake, he said it was "so good he could cry", implying that he knew what crying was).

Legit though if Geno gets in, let's hold a celebratory wedding-esque feast, purely since that's where Bundt was.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
But it doesn't count because there's no E3 this year.

Kappa.

Yeah ever since Byleth they've just done a better job keeping quiet. Then again, with ARMS and FE being Nintendo properties, it might just be easier to do so for em.

I just hope we get something within these next few days.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It's pretty simple. Back in 2006 or something, 4chan had just discovered Touhou, and it became insanely popular, so much that it birthed the meme "Touhou hijack lol", which is an ms paint drawing of Marisa (a main character in Touhou) saying Touhou Hijack lol., which results in Touhou fans image spamming every thread it was put on. Eventualy, the 4chan mods had enough and made /jp to contain it. And for how Touhou almost made 4chan shut down: back in summer 2019, Touhou fans were waiting for Touhou Willy Beast and Weakest Creatures, the 17th mainline title of the series. And then an image of Reimu possesed by the wolf spirit of the game was leaked and put on 4chan. This was something that shook every Touhou fans on 4chan so hard that they posted enough to cause the servers to shut down.

So you're telling me, the website that screwed over multiple IRL Polls, created the whole "Pool's Closed" fiasco, Kickstarted the "He Will Not Divide Us" Arc", And a plethora of over the top troll moves and other pranks that are far too numerous to list here, THE 4CHAN.......

...........was shut down because some thristy-af Touhou fans who wanted news of the latest game and spammed pictures of Reimu getting possesed by O'Donnell. Of all the things to take 4Chan down............it was that............

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tomorrow is the last chance for an announcement this week. Otherwise, next week it is

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

So you're telling me, the website that screwed over multiple IRL Polls, created the whole "Pool's Closed" fiasco, Kickstarted the "He Will Not Divide Us" Arc", And a plethora of over the top troll moves and other pranks that are far too numerous to list here, THE 4CHAN.......

...........was shut down because some thristy-af Touhou fans who wanted news of the latest game and spammed pictures of Reimu getting possesed by O'Donnell. Of all the things to take 4Chan down............it was that............
As someone who has peered into the endless abyss that is Touhou fandom power and content, this doesn't feel surprising to me.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
But it doesn't count because there's no E3 this year.

Kappa.

Yeah ever since Byleth they've just done a better job keeping quiet. Then again, with ARMS and FE being Nintendo properties, it might just be easier to do so for em.

I just hope we get something within these next few days.
Spamming 4chan with some image macro or another happens regularly, or at least used to before they added the captcha system.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Any bets on where our boi will be in? Results coming soon! I’m gonna say top 7.View attachment 274292
For the record, the Top 10 last time was
10. Master Chief
9. Rex and Pyra
8. Rayman
7. Crash Bandicoot
6. Steve
5. Geno
4. Shantae
3. Sora
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
1. Banjo and Kazooie

Obviously one of them has gotten in, but as for what I expect?
  • Dante and maybe Doomguy break into the top 10
  • Steve falls hard (nothing against him, just don't see him maintaining ground)
  • Bandana Waddle Dee also falls (how did he get 2nd? I feel like nobody has been talking about him at all since base-game)
  • Top 5 is a weird amalgamation of Geno, Sora, Crash, and two of the group Rayman/Shantae/Rex/Master Chief/Dante

DON'T JYNX IT YOU FOOL!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yeah ever since Byleth they've just done a better job keeping quiet. Then again, with ARMS and FE being Nintendo properties, it might just be easier to do so for em
Which reminds me, if Nintendo has been keeping super quiet since Byleth (did anyone leak Byleth before the presentation?) and ARMS is another first party rep, then how exactly are insiders hearing about Springman, Ribbon Girl, and Min Min? Wouldn't ARMS be under a super lock and key?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Honestly, it is kind of nice going in blind. The surprise is always nice.

Also 7 years huh? Wait...IS IT HAPPENING!?!?! :4pacman:(Because 7 stars...)

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Tomorrow or we get the L
Just for one more week. I don't see them pushing it to the final week of June (I don't count the 28th-30th since it ends on a Tuesday and is only 3 days).

I really do hope it ends up being Thursday. The ARMS rep is releasing this month (I'd expect the 4th or the half-5th week) and it needs a Sakurai video to go along with it if FP2 is gonna follow the norm of CPs (Challenger Packs) 2-5.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
Quick reminder that even if this Smash Direct or Sakurai Presents isn't announced at the usual time of 9 or 10 o'clock, it could still be a possibility we could get an announcement for the Direct tonight seeing as how they did that with the Hero showcase.
Really? That happened?
I don't remember much about the hero's announcement, I only remember that I saw the stream in the morning, like at 6:00 am

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tomorrow or we get the L
Only in the sense of Smash news being this week. As others have pointed out, the Cuphead and Warframe spirits are now permanently in the game which means we're getting """"""something""""" soon, we just don't know what. It could just be brand new spirits for all we know. At this point it's just seeing how long Nintendo can hold its piss. It sucks but Nintendo may very well be waiting for Microsoft and Sony's upcoming dumps so, as much as it sucks, we really may be waiting until next week...

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Has there ever been an E3 where Nintendo presented before Sony or Microsoft? I honestly can’t remember

MattX20

Smash Hero
Only in the sense of Smash news being this week. As others have pointed out, the Cuphead and Warframe spirits are now permanently in the game which means we're getting """"""something""""" soon, we just don't know what. It could just be brand new spirits for all we know. At this point it's just seeing how long Nintendo can hold its piss. It sucks but Nintendo may very well be waiting for Microsoft and Sony's upcoming dumps so, as much as it sucks, we really may be waiting until next week...
Apparently a new tournament was announced https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1270521059733917699

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Really? That happened?
I don't remember much about the hero's announcement, I only remember that I saw the stream in the morning, like at 6:00 am
Yep that really happened. Terry's showcase was also announced at 9 o'clock P.M so that seems like the usual time we get these types of announcements.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
Last edited by a moderator:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Yeah something tells me we are going to be waiting until everyone has digested Sony and Microsoft news. I’ve just got this gut feeling about it...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Their is always this thought in my mind that, what if during the Smash tournament, they announce the Direct or Sakurai Presentation right after? I don't think its out far-fetched considering Nintendo did announce a Smash Direct at the end of the EVO tournament and it could be a reason why they may be holding off on a reveal. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Has there ever been an E3 where Nintendo presented before Sony or Microsoft? I honestly can’t remember
Not in recent history. The E3 format has been Microsoft on Monday during E3 week and Sony and Nintendo on Tuesday. I want to say Nintendo's typically last but that may just be because Microsoft and Sony are these mega corporations and may have literally bought the time slots ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom