• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I feel decently confident in Geno's chances, but I do stress the fact that no fighter is in until we see that glorious splash screen.

That said, I also believe that whoever the ARMS character ends up being has no effect on another character. We could get Springman but then follow it up with 0 "promotions" or we could get Max Brass and have 5 promotions; it's impossible to tell what the pass will be like until it's all done with. Personally, I do not believe that we'll end up getting 2 Mario characters in the same pass; sure it practically THE video game franchise, but with competition being so high, at most I think we'll see Geno with maybe some extra Waluigi content, or Waluigi with Geno as a mii costume (I'm inclined to believe the former). It isn't impossible to get both, but there is a ton of fan-demand for other wanted promotions too; so I don't think they'll double dip with Mario.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I feel decently confident in Geno's chances, but I do stress the fact that no fighter is in until we see that glorious splash screen.

That said, I also believe that whoever the ARMS character ends up being has no effect on another character. We could get Springman but then follow it up with 0 "promotions" or we could get Max Brass and have 5 promotions; it's impossible to tell what the pass will be like until it's all done with. Personally, I do not believe that we'll end up getting 2 Mario characters in the same pass; sure it practically THE video game franchise, but with competition being so high, at most I think we'll see Geno with maybe some extra Waluigi content, or Waluigi with Geno as a mii costume (I'm inclined to believe the former). It isn't impossible to get both, but there is a ton of fan-demand for other wanted promotions too; so I don't think they'll double dip with Mario.
Pretty much this. While I've been feeling really good vibes this week so far, (especially with the fundraising goal being met) I can't agree even more with this point. It's not over until it's over.

Remember, the golden rule with being a Geno fan is treat everything as a coincidence. Whether all the insider information turns out to be leak bait, all our hope is decimated with mighty blow from a certain set of Mouse Ears, or something else happens that does not go in our favor. We've been thru it all so let's be sure to at least hype responsibly and carry ourselves well in the event it doesn't pan out again.

Remember, Smash is suppose to be fun so let's be sure that's all we have when it is all said and done!

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Smash Fans: "Obviously CacoMallow and Mii List are fake. I have a PHD from the University of Reddit and I can tell whether or not a leak is fake just by smelling it."

Also Smash Fans: "Holy ****"
1591738493182.png

OffBi

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is kinda off topic, i noticed that i'm not on the list
Add me in pls
And i guess Geno would drink star juice

Antho

Smash Apprentice

I sort of agree, to be honest. Unless we do indeed get bonus characters besides the 6 in the second pass, and even then it’s a stretch. 3 Mario characters as DLC seems improbable. We got 3 in Melee and even then one of them was a clone. Then we went on to get 2 in Sm4sh, 1 in base Ultimate, and 1 as Ultimate DLC as of right now. Though I think that Geno’s the most likely out of both of them anyway.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Smash Fans: "Obviously CacoMallow and Mii List are fake. I have a PHD from the University of Reddit and I can tell whether or not a leak is fake just by smelling it."

Also Smash Fans: "Holy ****"
View attachment 274284
I can't believe they added The Rock from the Hit Mobile Game KOF: All Stars!

What's next? Waluigi from Super Smash Bros Crusade?

That's WatanoLemonT , he's a fan animator who typically does Earthbound/Mother related videos which rule school in my opinion:

He's tweeted recently that Super Mario RPG is going to be his next project, with that GIF as a teaser: https://twitter.com/wata_lemon03/status/1270327383258619905

Definitely worth following, he's a talented dude.
Im happy his channel is getting more attention. It would be cool to see him made more non-Mother fan animations from games like Golden Sun for instance, but SMRPG is a good start. Can't get enought Geno fan animations.

Well, when you consider the fact that 4chan pretty much made /jp because of Touhou hijacking literaly the entire site, that 4chan is pretty much a diet version of 2chan and 5chan, and that since both those sites are japanese this means that they have direct access to Touhou and it's expanded doujin culture, unlike 4chan, yeah. It was that bad. Which is pretty hilarious in hindsight, considering how Touhou outchan the chans. The most hilarious part is probably how Touhou got closer to make 4chan shut down than anything else.

If this is too long and off-topic you can PM me if you want. This story is too juicy to be left untold.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I guess we messed with the natural order, did we?

If we get a Geno themed cake, I call dibs on his hat!
I'm pretty sure it's a reference to this:

The chef that makes Bundt shouts "YOU FOOLS!" on several occasions, including when Mario jumps on the cake. (no idea how you fail so miserably or succeed so much that the cake that you bake comes to life, complete with magical powers)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
91A82E2C-9901-49F0-8EA4-3AC56738BBF6.jpeg

C’mon Gaz, stop playing with your dolls and let Geno to be possessed again!

Credits on pic to fukafukaRPG on Twitter!

EDIT: the credits fixed!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I cook so much that I have no idea what to make as a "celebration meal." There's not a lot of food super connected to my childhood aside from chili on Halloween and my favorite childhood snack of sourdough bread dunked in grape juice (yes, it was a communion thing that I came to unironically enjoy casually).

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If Geno gets in i will order a massive pizza and devour it in one sitting while watching his reveal trailer on loop

Also a while back I vowed to order a pizza to xpnc xpnc house on Geno’s reveal day as well so he will partake with me virtually

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Food to celebreate? Don't count your chickens before they catch, but if i had to chose.....

...........Let us get uhhhh.

BONELESS PIZZA WITH A UH 2 LITTER OF COKE.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I might try and get my hands on some konpeito. It's what star bits are based on, which makes it a kinda Geno-related food by star association?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what should the title for the Geno Social thread be right after he is announced? Maybe something like: "Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior: It's Finally Over! Geno's Time has come!" Nah, we need a more enthusiastic title.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
What flavor actually is "Kerokero Cola"? Basically "Ribbit Cola"... Swamp water? Or just something green like apples?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom