• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Joker was completely shadowdropped though without an advance announcement
Hero and Terry still stand to show us 9 PM is the time Nintendo announces these things. Banjo likely would've been announced around the same time too if it didn't line up with a direct and Byleth... Man, I dunno.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I know is that, if anything's announced today, I'm guessing it will be shown in an hour and 20 minutes. Context: this would be the time where Nintendo would have their E3 Direct this year.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Hasn't Nintendo been doing announcements only one day until Directs lately?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I think the fact that supposed insiders are saying ANYTHING is significant. In case y’all have missed it, we have had NOTHING for MONTHS, so if people really are finally saying anything then to me that seems to imply that we may finally be close.
Very true. If not this week, then next week at the latest is when I expect the character to release

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
To anyone who is saying we won't get the reveal announcement tonight, don't lose hope. Like I said previously, Sakurai announced the Hero showcase at midnight and Joker's showcase was just randomly shadowdropped without any warning. I don't think their is a schedule for when Nintendo or Sakurai announces things. They just announce things when they feel like it and we could very well get an announcement tonight

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Hope for the best, it’s about time to shine like stars do!

GENO HITS ON TIME! (Is this a new one? For the Timed Hits he would has on Smash).

Or what about:

GENO FIGHTS AGAINST AN ARMED BOSS!

:)

T2by4

Smash Lord
>Wake up, hoping to see literally any kind of news...

>See that GameXplain is livestreaming E3... 2010, overall the best E3 for Nintendo in the 21st Century.

Not helping, GameXplain...Not helping...
>wake up hoping to see literally any kind of news
>nothing
>return to cryostasis for the next 24 hours

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sony’s event is June 11th. Would Nintendo have something on the same day?
If its just smash maybe. We shouldnt expect any directs till at least september. Right now seems nintendo plans on just doing surprise single announcements

Dukefire

Smash Master
If no announcement shows today, then maybe tomorrow is the case before the video. Still, Nintendo does whatever they want to drop news, so don't expect too much

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

>See that GameXplain is livestreaming E3... 2010, overall the best E3 for Nintendo in the 21st Century.

E3 2010 really takes me back. It was the first E3 I ever watched and it had the 3DS, Skyward Sword, Sonic Colors, ****ing Donkey Kong Country, it was incredible. To paraphrase Penny Arcade, Nintendo had Santa Claus in their booth giving out ****ing blowjobs.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

I saw that video go up and them tweeting about it and seeing which Nintendo E3 press conference was it, the fact that they chose THAT specific presentation stood out. Although, it could be just for the mere fact that it was the one ten years prior.

Nonetheless, let us look at what took place in Nintendo's E3 2010 presentation.

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is announced for the Nintendo Wii + some gameplay by Mr. Miyamoto and Big Bill
  • Announcement of some sports games (basketball), including Mario Sports Mix
  • Wii Party gets announced (ok)
  • Just Dance 2 (exclusively for Nintendo Wii) is announced
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn gets announced for the Nintendo DS (pogchamp)
  • A remake to Goldeneye 007 is announced for the Nintendo Wii (EXCLUSIVE)
  • Disney's Epic Mickey is announced (EXCLUSIVELY for the Nintendo Wii) P.S. - this new side to the Mickey lore was SICK!
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn announced coming to the Nintendo Wii
  • Info on Dragon Quest IX for the Nintendo DS
  • Info on Metroid Other M for the Nintendo Wii
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns is announced for the Nintendo Wii
  • Reggie and Mr. Iwata (R.I.P.) unveil the Nintendo 3DS
  • Kid Icarus Uprising is announced for the Nintendo 3DS
  • Mr. Iwata later goes on to mention some of the games that will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS from many known third parties such as Capcom, Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Ubisoft, THQ

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I saw that video go up and them tweeting about it and seeing which Nintendo E3 press conference was it, the fact that they chose THAT specific presentation stood out. Although, it could be just for the mere fact that it was the one ten years prior.

Nonetheless, let us look at what took place in Nintendo's E3 2010 presentation.

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is announced for the Nintendo Wii + some gameplay by Mr. Miyamoto and Big Bill
  • Announcement of some sports games (basketball), including Mario Sports Mix
  • Wii Party gets announced (ok)
  • Just Dance 2 (exclusively for Nintendo Wii) is announced
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn gets announced for the Nintendo DS (pogchamp)
  • A remake to Goldeneye 007 is announced for the Nintendo Wii (EXCLUSIVE)
  • Disney's Epic Mickey is announced (EXCLUSIVELY for the Nintendo Wii) P.S. - this new side to the Mickey lore was SICK!
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn announced coming to the Nintendo Wii
  • Info on Dragon Quest IX for the Nintendo DS
  • Info on Metroid Other M for the Nintendo Wii
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns is announced for the Nintendo Wii
  • Reggie and Mr. Iwata (R.I.P.) unveil the Nintendo 3DS
  • Kid Icarus Uprising is announced for the Nintendo 3DS
  • Mr. Iwata later goes on to mention some of the games that will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS from many known third parties such as Capcom, Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Ubisoft, THQ
Hey remember that one time Nintendo/Reggie decided to actually listen to fan demand for Golden Sun because unlike Earthbound they actually sold well in the west to the point where they made Dark Dawn a goddamn tentpole E3 title only for it to kill the franchise so hard it got less representation in Smash 4 than in Brawl?

Still, yea, great conference. I would argue 2019 is up there as well but while it was also a great showing the actual biggest announcements were Smash DLC and big third party reveals (Trials,NM3, Panzer Dragoon) the first party showings were great as well but they were all stuff we already knew about.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
While patience is a virtue, Nintendo has been horrible at giving out news, and well before this virus thing. Yes, E3 is cancelled, but they haven't even announced a date for a trailer dump. Coupled with insiders constantly saying that Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine of game news for 2020, and half the year gone (thank GOD) and nothing to show for it, people are justifiably getting annoyed.

So, for Nintendo, some helpful advice from MST3K:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
E3 2010 was Nintendo’s best E3, they unveiled N3DS with mostly every mayor third parties (at that time) IPs getting an entry for the console. They also showed the return of Kid Icarus

They also showed cool Wii stuff like DKC Returns or Kirby Epic Yarn, plus a new home console Zelda.

D

Deleted member

E3 2010 was Nintendo’s best E3, they unveiled N3DS with mostly every mayor third parties (at that time) IPs getting an entry for the console. They also showed the return of Kid Icarus

They also showed cool Wii stuff like DKC Returns or Kirby Epic Yarn, plus a new home console Zelda.
And proceeded to disappoint us for nearly two years as the 3DS had zero support and two good games to its name, leading to that whole ambassador program and everything. It's almost like they dragged out the lifespan of the 3DS as long as they did as some kind of messed up apology for it launching like the Challenger.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Man it's depressing to think the last proper Nintendo Direct was September 4, 2019. We're over 9 months out from that.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Man it's depressing to think the last proper Nintendo Direct was September 4, 2019. We're over 9 months out from that.
Its also depressing to think that we most likely won't get a Direct anytime soon, adding up to roughly a full year without an actual Direct.

Firox

Smash Master
Hey remember that one time Nintendo/Reggie decided to actually listen to fan demand for Golden Sun because unlike Earthbound they actually sold well in the west to the point where they made Dark Dawn a goddamn tentpole E3 title only for it to kill the franchise so hard it got less representation in Smash 4 than in Brawl?
Pepperidge Farm remembers. The saddest thing though is that I actually LIKED Dark Dawn. And the end was a freaking cliff hanger! I need some closure here, dammit!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
While we're waiting for literally anything, can we take a moment to appreciate that Mallow is presented as a short and chubby cry baby teenager but is a bare fisted brawler, fights with a goddamn shillelagh (a short range club literally created to settle high stake duels) and cymbals? Imagine making a fat kid cry, only for him to proceed to kick your ass with a nightstick and the musical equivalent of trashcan lids? Oh yeah, and his name is a twofold pun too: marshmallow because he's white and fluffy and marshmallow because he was literally raised in a frog pond. God, SMRPG was brilliant...

StarLight42

Smash Lord
On the Legacy stuff, I talked about it before but Nintendo nuking an all but dead mod for a character they don't even legally own doesn't seem likely. I don't think Nintendo would be able to make that call if it was just about Geno and, if I remember correctly, wasn't fear of retribution from multiple companies why Project M ultimately folded?
BA76DD70-FF1D-4996-9A8A-25EAC31E2BF7.jpeg

7NATOR

Smash Master
https://twitter.com/davidvkimball/status/1238928426716692480

This is one of the main guys that worked on Legacy XP. If you read the whole thread he says he wasn't contacted by Nintendo, but was Recommended by a VG Attorney named Ryan to take action and shut the mod down himself it seems

I'm guessing that this might mean Legacy XP can't be used as evidence for any character in the mod, not that you guys need it

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

This is one of the main guys that worked on Legacy XP. If you read the whole thread he says he wasn't contacted by Nintendo, but was Recommended by a VG Attorney named Ryan to take action and shut the mod down himself it seems

I'm guessing that this might mean Legacy XP can't be used as evidence for any character in the mod, not that you guys need it

Nintendo 100%, has involvement in this takedown.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

That’s literally exactly what happened with Project M fwiw. As far as I know, the only active pressure Nintendo applied was on channels not to stream it, but never went for the throats of the PM dev team.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
People are now saying something recently came out suggesting 6 and 7 were supposed to be announced in the spring? Anyone have a source on that?
Where did you hear this?
I haven't seen this claimed anywhere.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I think that's the smoking gun we'll need.

They take down the two SMRPG songs, one of which heavily associated with Geno.

They now took down all of smash bros legacy, which would include Geno(and possibly waluigi)

Geno's in. It's no longer a matter of if, just of when they'll show him :D

Lyncario

Smash Ace
People are now saying something recently came out suggesting 6 and 7 were supposed to be announced in the spring? Anyone have a source on that?
Wasn't that just people speculating earlier in the year when the entire Nintendo fanbase was waiting for a direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom