• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we're getting close *eye emoji*

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I really think we might be in for an announcement tomorrow. I wish the news would just finally come since it has felt like forever. I've essentially been waiting an entire year for some awesome news. Didn't get it in September, definitely not January, and most super-definitely not in March nor May. Hopefully the wait will be worth it...

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Today or those next few days may be make or break for Geno. I may not agree with everything that was said here, and I may have also joined part way, but I must say, this was a wild ride, and definitively a fun one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the Legacy stuff, I talked about it before but Nintendo nuking an all but dead mod for a character they don't even legally own doesn't seem likely. I don't think Nintendo would be able to make that call if it was just about Geno and, if I remember correctly, wasn't fear of retribution from multiple companies why Project M ultimately folded?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I somehow feel like we are getting something in a few hours. Even if it's just a trailer like Paper Mario.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I get the feeling Geno's trailer is either going to focus on him aiding Rosalina or showing up in a forest as a nod to when you meet him initially
Tbh I’m sick of the forest trailer. Literally 3 of the 5 trailers for fighter pass 1 was forest themed so it would be nice to see change.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
So I have a question for everyone, This is just for fun. I have 13 Geno Spirits and if we hear an announcement today should I release 7 Geno Spirits or 8 Geno Spirits for good luck (The seven stars and one to include Geno himself) What do you guys think?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
On the Legacy stuff, I talked about it before but Nintendo nuking an all but dead mod for a character they don't even legally own doesn't seem likely. I don't think Nintendo would be able to make that call if it was just about Geno and, if I remember correctly, wasn't fear of retribution from multiple companies why Project M ultimately folded?
Like the song takedowns, Nintendo has the right to take down any games/songs that goes into their plans. First or Third.
Nintendo has no reason to take down a mod like this, a dead one, when there are more popular mods out there that include way more popular characters, like Waluigi.

Project M was taken down due to fear of legal action by Nintendo, as they've heard from a lawyer that, Nintendo was going to threaten legal action sooner rather then later.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Like I said before after talking to my Association of Smasher Speculation, they will announce an announcement for Smash around 10:30 today, just 2 hours from now.

Huh, I said that with such confidence that I'm even starting to believe my own lies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Regarding PapaGenos recent video and his discussion over FP7, I really doubt there would be a delay for that fighter reveal specifically. FP8 might be, but Nintendo has to be painfully aware that ARMS alone will not sell the pass for most people, no matter how well designed the ARMS rep will be. Delaying FP7 would be disastrous for the pass at this point

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Tbh I’m sick of the forest trailer. Literally 3 of the 5 trailers for fighter pass 1 was forest themed so it would be nice to see change.
Eh, kinda. Hero's started out forest but then transitioned into the ruins-type are when the squad gets introduced, and if we're splitting hairs Banjo's is in a jungle, not a forest. Byleth's mostly takes place in that conversation with Sothis with very little time in the outside area.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Regarding PapaGenos recent video and his discussion over FP7, I really doubt there would be a delay for that fighter reveal specifically. FP8 might be, but Nintendo has to be painfully aware that ARMS alone will not sell the pass for most people, no matter how well designed the ARMS rep will be. Delaying FP7 would be disastrous for the pass at this point
I mean if 7 is a character that will sell people on the pass that will still be true whether the character appears at the intended time or a month or two later than expected and it's not like the pass is a limited time offer so saying it would be disastrous is a pretty gross exaggeration.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean if 7 is a character that will sell people on the pass that will still be true whether the character appears at the intended time or a month or two later than expected and it's not like the pass is a limited time offer so saying it would be disastrous is a pretty gross exaggeration.
You're forgetting that the pass has been on sale for over 4 months with not a single proper character reveal. That, and ARMS doesn't have the draw Joker and Persona do, so 7 and 8 have to carry the pass

T2by4

Smash Lord

If I were to guess, we'll be getting an announcement for the smash direct sometime today. My guess is 50 minutes from now if they want to get the word out at a reasonably early time.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You're forgetting that the pass has been on sale for over 4 months with not a single proper character reveal. That, and ARMS doesn't have the draw Joker and Persona do, so 7 and 8 have to carry the pass
That's fine and dandy but what I'm saying is they can still carry the pass after a delay the exact same as without one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Forgive me, but how does this mean anything again?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Forgive me, but how does this mean anything again?
The second tweet seems to explain it pretty well - when old spirits abruptly return like this, we get new spirits shortly after (a few days later, or at least within the same week). Odds seem pretty good that they'll come with the ARMS character, since they're still being released this month as far as we know.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I don't particularly disagree with that assessment, but we do have instances that Nintendo was able to have YouTube videos on properties (songs) They did not own at all (Banjo & Sans Time Song) and we got those reps in smash.

Granted, I don't think it automatically points to anything, but at the same time, when it comes to third party things that Nintendo does not own personally, they have done something about it for Smash.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Big updates generally come in when spirits from previous spirit board events become available again like this, so it's more evidence towards something in the next few days

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Things are getting interesting. I had forgotten about the whole spirits returning to the shop pattern. Hopefully that means something is happening soon.

Also, the Legacy XP takedown is truly a big red flag no matter how you look at it. Let's hope Genogang.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Not to be a downer, but keep in mind with the spirit thing, based on Dustin's list it's also likely we could just be getting a new spirit event.

Edit: Aaaaand nothing is announced.

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the Official Smash Website normally update and remove the “new” icon on the fighters link before a direct, or is that no longer an indicator to go by?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not to be a downer, but keep in mind with the spirit thing, based on Dustin's list it's also likely we could just be getting a new spirit event.
More often than not, spirits from exclusive spirit events becoming more widely available typically is a sign of a major update coming rather than a new spirit event.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
More often than not, spirits from exclusive spirit events becoming more widely available typically is a sign of a major update coming rather than a new spirit event.
According to PushDustin's list that was only the case once. The other two were just new spirits.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I said, it was either today or tomorrow at the latest for a potential announcement of the Smash direct/presentation this week. That, and it's a bit early to call it over when the day isn't even half through yet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Like I said, it was either today or tomorrow at the latest for a potential announcement of the Smash direct/presentation this week. That, and it's a bit early to call it over when the day isn't even half through yet.
They could either surprise shadowdrop later in the day, or do an announcement OF an announcement tonight like they did with Banjo and I think also Terry’s presentations

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
View attachment 274222
So what happens if Max Chads wins?

Wh-what's gonna happen to us?? He's not an AT or Spirit? Are we doomed if he wins?
I do think he's our biggest threat. He's the only ARMS character who is arguably some kind of 'main' character being the champion so he kinda doesn't really break "rules". That being said, just because the ARMS character doesn't break a rule, doesn't mean another character can't. Max Brass would make sense as the rep from his series (not the most sensible pick but he does make sense) just like Geno would make sense as the rep from his series. There's no reason to give up hope at this point. Whether it's Ultimate, future updates/ports to/of Ultimate, or future installments of Smash Geno is one of the last big pillars of fan demand in Smash so I really do believe that so long as his fanbase keeps strong, so too do his chances of getting in a Smash game. The circumstantial evidence surrounding Geno during Ultimate's speculation cycle really make me believe his chances are better than they've ever been and I think no matter who FP6 is, Geno is probably happening in Ultimate regardless of what detractors would like to believe. I'm not going to delude myself into believing anyone is a lock though.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
After watching PapaGenos's latest video, I am honestly glad he was able to talk about the things going in Geno's favor. Also,
The fact that supposed insiders are suggesting that Min Min or Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are going to be our ARMS rep gives me more hope in the fact that Spirit upgrades are very possible, and my hope even greatly increases when insiders are also suggesting CP7 will be third-party. I've been in the camp that Geno was going to be CP7 for quite some time now, but now I am more confident then I have ever been. :D

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
After watching PapaGenos's latest video, I am honestly glad he was able to talk about the things going in Geno's favor. Also,
The fact that supposed insiders are suggesting that Min Min or Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are going to be our ARMS rep gives me more hope in the fact that Spirit upgrades are very possible, and my hope even greatly increases when insiders are also suggesting CP7 will be third-party. I've been in the camp that Geno was going to be CP7 for quite some time now, but now I am more confident then I have ever been. :D
I think the fact that supposed insiders are saying ANYTHING is significant. In case y’all have missed it, we have had NOTHING for MONTHS, so if people really are finally saying anything then to me that seems to imply that we may finally be close.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
People looking at the 10am mark and being sad about no announcement, you do realize that hasn't been a consistent info drop time for at least the last 8 months or so, right? I'd say any time between 8am-8pm are fair game for announcements at this point

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given how chaotic the last few months have been, we really can't use past patterns for direct/presentation announcements to drop. They've been shifting constantly

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Joker, Hero and Terry presentation were all announced at 8/9 PM Eastern Time depending on DST. So that's our last chance for today and possibly this week.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Joker, Hero and Terry presentation were all announced at 8/9 PM Eastern Time depending on DST. So that's our last chance for today and possibly this week.
Joker was completely shadowdropped though without an advance announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom