• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
View attachment 274187
I ordered the official Geno keychain from someone in Japan last week using a proxy and honestly got him for a really good price. I expected to get him two weeks from now because of international shipping and all that jazz, but I was shocked to see that he arrived today!

I think it’s a sign everyone. Our boy’s coming. Maybe then I can finally see Banjo and Kazooie and Geno duke it out on the battlefield, but for now we’ll just have to wait and see. Bring our boy home Sakurai!
I've been looking into getting one of those myself, if you don't mind me asking what's the general price range to be looking for?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I've been looking into getting one of those myself, if you don't mind me asking what's the general price range to be looking for?
In the US it’s hard to find them for below $200 nowadays, but I found mine for around $100 overseas, which all things considered is really good! $100-$150 range is probably the best you’ll get overall. Take a look at Yahoo Japan auctions using a proxy and you should hopefully find some deals. I wish you (and anyone else interested in obtaining one) luck!

Last edited:

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Geno Flash should be Geno's up special where he transforms into a cannon and you could aim the cannon in any direction and press A or B to Fire. Just press shield to turn back to normal.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Why not both? Perhaps there's such an indie character who is both female and has enough popularity and legacy to make it in Smash without seeming like she were shoehorned in? Though given the field of indie characters, that seems like a pretty harsh choice to make. I wonder who would be able to dance through this danger?

Give me shield knight waifu :p

But yeah pushing shantae hard myself, and i hipe she arrives

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Saw this on Twitter and thought I'd grace the thread with its presence

20200608_164908.jpg

(Reminds me of something I would post)

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
I remember when Nintendo/Sakurai negotiated with Microsoft they said that despite the language barrier, it was a rather easy deal to make.
I should hope so. Imagine Sakurai when he goes to negotiate for Master Chief:

Sakurai in broken english: "We-uh...we-uh want Mastah Cheef. Give lots o' monee."

Microsoft: "You want Master Chief for Smash Bros?!"

Sakurai: "Supah Smash-ah Brohs! Yes!"

Microsoft: "How much money we talkin' here?"

Sakurai: "LOTS O' MONEE! SO COOL!"

Microsoft: "Mr. Sakurai, you've got yourself a deal."

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Saw this on Twitter and thought I'd grace the thread with its presence

View attachment 274196

(Reminds me of something I would post)
This is my most wanted scenario! It would be so cool having 4 Arms characters represented at once. I really don't mind losing out on the individual abilities in favor of it, Min Min's Dragon arm can just be aesthetic for example. But that's the way i see things i guess

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I think Geno/FP7's release is probably gonna be in September. The Cloud amiibo restock lines up with a DLC character's release, it's not too close to the ARMS fighter's June release, and it gives them more time to catch up on the work they've lost because of COVID.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think Geno/FP7's release is probably gonna be in September. The Cloud amiibo restock lines up with a DLC character's release, it's not too close to the ARMS fighter's June release, and it gives them more time to catch up on the work they've lost because of COVID.
That, and it makes sense to reveal FP7 during the summer/the week of E3 to help build more hype for the pass

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Smash at E3 and cheeky bull**** practically go together like peanut butter and chocolate so I feel like there's going to be "a twist" of some kind this year:

2006- Oh hey, here's a surprise Smash reveal in the dead of night and also, **** the rules, here's a third party character!

2013- You're happy with Villager and Megaman? **** you, y'all get Wii Fit too despite literally no one asking!

2014- Here's Miis and Palutena! *12 hours later* Surprise mother ****ers, it's Pac-Man! WAKKA WAKKA *********!

2015- Yeah, yeah... We know Roy and Ryu leaked but guess what? They're all coming out today! **** you!

2018 - Remember how we slowly revealed all the veterans in Brawl and Smash 4 over the course of over a year? **** you, EVERYONE IS HERE in about the time it takes to microwave popcorn! Shove this in your cornhole too, here's Daisy and Ridley too! 66 characters in less than half an hour! **** you!

2019- Hero or Banjo; who's being announced today? **** you, you're getting both! Also, Hero is getting 4 seperate character ALTs despite it breaking a 30 year precedent that different DQ Heroes can't appear together because, **** you, that's why!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Smash at E3 and cheeky bull**** practically go together like peanut butter and chocolate so I feel like there's going to be "a twist" of some kind this year:

2006- Oh hey, here's a surprise Smash reveal in the dead of night and also, **** the rules, here's a third party character!

2013- You're happy with Villager and Megaman? **** you, y'all get Wii Fit too despite literally no one asking!

2014- Here's Miis and Palutena! *12 hours later* Surprise mother ****ers, it's Pac-Man! WAKKA WAKKA *********!

2015- Yeah, yeah... We know Roy and Ryu leaked but guess what? They're all coming out today! **** you!

2018 - Remember how we slowly revealed all the veterans in Brawl and Smash 4 over the course of over a year? **** you, EVERYONE IS HERE in about the time it takes to microwave popcorn! Shove this in your cornhole too, here's Daisy and Ridley too! 66 characters in less than half an hour! **** you!

2019- Hero or Banjo; who's being announced today? **** you, you're getting both! Also, Hero is getting 4 seperate character ALTs despite it breaking a 30 year precedent that different DQ Heroes can't appear together because, **** you, that's why!
If this is the last E3 for Smash for a long while, then they have to

TTF

Smash Journeyman

I'd like to imagine behind the scenes this is how Sakurai acts with all these. I can just see him watching these from home & he does the Triple H crotch chop while saying, "WAKKA WAKKA *********!"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If this is the last E3 for Smash for a long while, then they have to
That's what I'm saying. It's ironic because I remember hard arguing with people last year that we were going to get at least two characters because of past precedent and now I'm basically doing it again because expecting more than two, especially with one technically being half revealed like Lucas and Inkling and this probably being the last E3 where Ultimate is predominantly featured, really isn't that big of a stretch. It's 2020, everything is ****, and we haven't had a notable Nintendo news dump in almost half a year. I think Nintendo knows how to read the room and knows that going beyond crawl-in-dirt basic expectations right now isn't exactly difficult. I've argued it a million times but last year was the literally the only E3 with Smash reveals that had less than three and that was largely because Joker had released roughly only two months prior. Last release in 2020? Almost 4 1/2 months ago.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we can wait for Banjo & Kazooie for 3 months than we can wait for Geno for 3 months.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

2020 - This year's been pretty rough huh? We twisting it up a bit this time around. Remember 2013? Well, here you have your ARMS fighter; it's MFing SPRING MAN BAYBEEEEEE!!! Wait, wait for it, I'ma pop-off! HHNNNNGHHHH! Here ya go, ya boi Geno (at least our boy, thanks Squenix) and MFing CRAAAAAAAASH BANDICOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! Dang, it feels good.

You know what, **** it, here's the rest of Vol. 2. Expect them one after the other. Wasn't gonna leave ya'll hanging. Ya'll deserve it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's what I'm saying. It's ironic because I remember hard arguing with people last year that we were going to get at least two characters because of past precedent and now I'm basically doing it again because expecting more than two, especially with one technically being half revealed like Lucas and Inkling and this probably being the last E3 where Ultimate is predominantly featured, really isn't that big of a stretch. It's 2020, everything is ****, and we haven't had a notable Nintendo news dump in almost half a year. I think Nintendo knows how to read the room and knows that going beyond crawl-in-dirt basic expectations right now isn't exactly difficult. I've argued it a million times but last year was the literally the only E3 with Smash reveals that had less than three and that was largely because Joker had released roughly only two months prior. Last release in 2020? Almost 4 1/2 months ago.
It's not good that Byleth was left as the last reveal for so long

Last edited:
Why not both? Perhaps there's such an indie character who is both female and has enough popularity and legacy to make it in Smash without seeming like she were shoehorned in? Though given the field of indie characters, that seems like a pretty harsh choice to make. I wonder who would be able to dance through this danger?

XD Oh yeah female Shovel Knight exists. Man I keep forgetting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Say, Slender Slender , I saw Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said you were going to talk about the reimu stuff on friday. DId that happen yet, or will you soon. Just curious, as there still seems to be talk about those doujin leaks from before and Reimu is growing in populrity

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It does kinda baffle me how they handled the end and beginning of the passes.

Do not get me wrong, I adore 3 Houses and love how Byleth plays, and ARMS has more than earned its keep in Smash, but I don't know how they looked at how much the world EXPLODED over Joker when he was first revealed and go "Yeah let's just end it and start the next one with 'safe' Nintendo characters".

Like again, they're fine, but just... Still odd.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That too. Byleth was probably the worst received character ever and, like Sigran101 Sigran101 pointed out the other day, it got to the point that people were harassing their fans... After they already got in. Sure, people ******* about characters like ROB (guilty) and Corrin but as far as I know people didn't go out of their way to harass the actual fans. I haven't seen that level of pettiness outside of competitive play and hopefully it doesn't happen again. On that note, it further emphasizes that peoples' expectations are in the mud right now and Nintendo really wouldn't have to do much to get people hard... invested again.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That too. Byleth was probably the worst received character ever and, like Sigran101 Sigran101 pointed out the other day, it got to the point that people were harassing their fans... After they already got in. Sure, people ******* about characters like ROB (guilty) and Corrin but as far as I know people didn't go out of their way to harass the actual fans. I haven't seen that level of pettiness outside of competitive play and hopefully it doesn't happen again. On that note, it further emphasizes that peoples' expectations are in the mud right now and Nintendo really wouldn't have to do much to get people hard... invested again.
A massive fan request or a major 3rd party pick, that is what is needed right now. Any later than the third week of June puts the second fighter pass at risk of being a money sink

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
A massive fan request or a major 3rd party pick, that is what is needed right now. Any later than the third week of June puts the second fighter pass at risk of being a money sink
WHAT? You don't enjoy endless waiting with little to no pay off??? Waiting in Smash speculation is easily the best part and anyone who says otherwise is entitled!!! :ultpacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know what kind of cheeky bull**** they could do but one scenario in my mind is that they show a Season 2 screen like this:

who-are-these-new-challengers.png

And then they pull a DBFZ by slamming a rectangle in front of 6 and then going straight into a surprise trailer.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Some wholesome news for y'all. Operation Starfall has met their goal for Starlight Children's Foundation!
And just in time for Geno's reveal as well!
That is so awesome! This community is truly incredible. I appreciate you all. Seriously in the midst of a pandemic and global unrest we find the time, funds, and heart to donate to a cause that is just wonderful. During these times I am sure kids could use a wish granted now more than ever.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't know what kind of cheeky bull**** they could do but one scenario in my mind is that they show a Season 2 screen like this:

View attachment 274210

And then they pull a DBFZ by slamming a rectangle in front of 6 and then going straight into a surprise trailer.
Wait wouldn't that mean we'f be getting Two Characters on Release instead of just 1 character (with ARMS). That would be a hype scenraio, and i know some Smash Conspiracy Theorists suggested that the ARMS Character wasn't revealed because whoever it is is related to some bonus character in some way

Come to think of it, if Bonus characters were a thing, what type of trailers would they get, or would they share trailers with the FP2 Characters

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 274210

I can honestly see that happening. Just because it’s fighter pack six doesn’t mean it’s the next available fighter (Waluigi shadow drop), but we’ll just have to wait and see

QQS

Smash Lord
Maybe ♥♪!? hasn’t show up yet in Smash cause he knows that Rose Town is also in Quarantine and won’t wanna borrow Gaz’s doll knowing that he enjoys playing with Geno cause he is the strongest doll of the four. (I know, I already lose my mind with Geno time ago).

GENO BLASTS IN!

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Wait wouldn't that mean we'f be getting Two Characters on Release instead of just 1 character (with ARMS). That would be a hype scenraio, and i know some Smash Conspiracy Theorists suggested that the ARMS Character wasn't revealed because whoever it is is related to some bonus character in some way

Come to think of it, if Bonus characters were a thing, what type of trailers would they get, or would they share trailers with the FP2 Characters
If there's bonus characters, they might get the basic reveal with just gameplay & their render with character announcement, like Piranha Plant or the echo fighters not Richter or Ken. Unless it's a big surprise or big name character like Sora, Waluigi, etc. as examples.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Characters sharing a trailer isn't too unusual and, except for Ken and Inceniroar, I've noticed that the characters dual revealed are from the same company: Charizard and Greninja, the Miis (if you want to split hairs), Palutena and Dark Pit, Lucina and Robin, and Simon and Richter. As this shows, it's almost always been Nintendo characters with dual reveals so, on that note, if Season 2 was going to have a dual reveal, the odds would overwhelmingly point to it happening with 6.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm being serious when I say this, I'm betting it'll either be Crash or Geno if we get multiple character reveals. Crash has the all-around popularity of Mega Man and Pac-Man while Geno has the Banjo and Ridley levels of fanservice popularity. Wouldn't surprise me if we got both announced as #7 and #8 respectively.
Two of my most wanted characters to get revealed back to back? YES PLEASE.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Characters sharing a trailer isn't too unusual and, except for Ken and Inceniroar, I've noticed that the characters dual revealed are from the same company: Charizard and Greninja, the Miis (if you want to split hairs), Palutena and Dark Pit, Lucina and Robin, and Simon and Richter. As this shows, it's almost always been Nintendo characters with dual reveals so, on that note, if Season 2 was going to have a dual reveal, the odds would overwhelmingly point to it happening with 6.
Got it, Geno's 7 and Gex is 8.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, Dark Pit wasn't outright revealed(as he wasn't actually known as playable till later), but the Mii Fighters were literally shown as 3 characters in the same way the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. were. They put clear emphasis on multiple forms there.

However, those were also all base game. DLC sounds plausible if we're talking about a Bonus Echo. I doubt one, but that would make sense, especially if it's something like Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. It does go against Sakurai's statement of "exactly 6 characters left", though. But that statement could've been made before the decision(I don't consider this likely, and admittedly I feel it's a massive stretch).

The only actual DLC double reveal is Byleth and Corrin having a gender swap alt, though. Byleth more specifically actually notes it with "Byleth recruits Byleth!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom