• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok, so a few posts back it had been brought up that article that spoke that Sakurai had decided to abstain from talking about what games he's been playing for the sake of not feeding speculation theories in regards to Smash however; as I scrolled down the Twitter feed yet again, I came upon this particular tweet.

"Oh hey, it's that MOTHER tribute thing, looks..." *sees who retweeted* Masaka! :eek:

*Pokey Means Business starts playing in the background, getting louder*

D

Deleted member

I doubt the Smash team would choose a design from a potential Arms 2 sequel.

They have a tendency to go classic with the designs of the characters, and they took that approach even more in Ultimate through characters such as Zelda, Ganondorf or Terry.

Arms surely won't be the difference either.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Ok, so a few posts back it had been brought up that article that spoke that Sakurai had decided to abstain from talking about what games he's been playing for the sake of not feeding speculation theories in regards to Smash however; as I scrolled down the Twitter feed yet again, I came upon this particular tweet.

"Oh hey, it's that MOTHER tribute thing, looks..." *sees who retweeted* Masaka! :eek:

*Pokey Means Business starts playing in the background, getting louder*
really really cool shoutout by Sakurai. It’s funny though, even HE expresses frustration with the lack of Mother software on Switch.

maybe that will change soon...

D

Deleted member

I would like It if they revived that concept of a Claymation style Mother 1 remake.

The first title has admitedly aged kinda poorly gameplay-wise, so having It refined to play more like Mother 2/3 and with a visual overhaul would be welcomed.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sakurai: *Tweets about EarthBound*
Smash Fans: "OmG pOrKy iS cOmInG tO sMaSh!1!11!1!"

*Evidence and hints that suggest Geno is going to be playable*
Also Smash Fans: "GeNo WiLl NeVeR bE iN sMaSh. JuSt AcCePt AnD mOvE oN"
It's a sad but true statement

D

Deleted member

Just ignore those kinds of people.

When people try to start a fight over videogames, It is better to just not bring attention to their posts and keep going with any other topic.

When people just pop into any thread to try and start something they clearly want people to fall for It and mess their evening. So by ignoring them we manage to not give them what they want.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

Tbf no one is actually doing that. I think most people have just accepted that Porky was probably meant to be in the Absolutely Safe Capsule but just used the incorrect sprite as they look quite similar. There is precedent for this specifically with the Mother Series as the original Masked Man sprite they used was fanmade and removed it in a patch. The fact that fighter pass 1 went around without any of these characters who are missing spirits doesn't help matters either as that means the lack of spirits weren't used to account for a playable role

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering, what if we get an Nintendo Direct Mini-esque surprise tomorrow if there is no announcement today?

D

Deleted member

Just wondering, what if we get an Nintendo Direct Mini-esque surprise tomorrow if there is no announcement today?
Could happen for sure.

I feel a sort of Smash Mini-presentation if possible as I believe a dual reveal will likely happen.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just heard somewhere that Nintendo of Europe just broke their silence. Maybe Nintendo of America will do the same soon.

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
Uh oh ? Haihachi for smash ? Would be dope since we need another bamco rep but I would have preferred Don Chan

Knowing Geese is in Tekken 7 it may also be for KOF XV

Or DBFZ but I wouldnt really hope lmao

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway to prove that info is actually coming from Verge?

It came from Sabi, so he likely knows what he has heard.

It's your choice to believe him, but he has a pretty solid track-record regardless of his actions, so..

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys Vergeben is back and he heard that the arms rep is a hero situationView attachment 274357
Do we know that Vergeben actually claimed these things, though? With his past claims (such as saying that Ridley, Isabelle, and Simon would be in Smash Ultimate), we know what his account is on GameFAQs so that's easy enough to check.

If it's just someone posting on Discord claiming that Vergeben said this, I'm not sure if that's a reliable source - I could claim that Vergeben said that we're getting a Persona 4 Golden port on Steam, Geno in Smash, a 2D Metroid announcement coming soon, and Marvel vs. Capcom 4 getting revealed at the EVO Online event, but that doesn't make it true that Vergeben said those things.

Then again, I don't know much about the insider scene.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Considering how the quote on quote Paper Mario got a trailer shadowdropped on Thursday. maybe something might show up here too. Doesn't mean it will be Smash-related but I'll take anything at this point.

Firox

Smash Master
Guys Vergeben is back and he heard that the arms rep is a hero situationView attachment 274357
Hmmmmm, I seem to remember someone making this call out of pure logic not too long ago.......whoever could that have been?.....

Hint: It was me.

But I'm sure Verge is just THAT informed. :ultpacman:

Now all I gotta do is claim that I heard it from an "insider" after everything pans out and I'll be a world famous leaker! Bazinga!

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Part of me isn't feeling sympathy for Nintendo if a leaker ends up releasing information since that would mean at least SOMEONE is announcing Nintendo news because it certainly isn't Nintendo doing it.

D

Deleted member

Hmmmmm, I seem to remember someone making this call out of pure logic not too long ago.......whoever could that have been?.....

Hint: It was me.

But I'm sure Verge is just THAT informed. :ultpacman:

Now all I gotta do is claim that I heard it from an "insider" after everything pans out and I'll be a world famous leaker! Bazinga!
This is exactly the trend I've noticed over the past few days. The lot of us here have been like "yeah a Hero situation would make a lot of sense" and most everyone says "nah it's gonna be exactly one character because ARMS fighters are sooooo unique and have animations"...

... and then PapaGenos makes a video about [credible leaker] saying the same thing, and then Vergeben says the same thing. I'm thinking we were the leakers all along, bros.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
>MK9. For a second there i thought that MK9 meant Mortal Kombat 9. Although isn't MK's team already busy in something else if i remember correctly?
>KOF XV. I wish, fingers crossed for US Sports Team, let me dream dammit.
>Heihachi............don't you think it's possible he is actually in KOF instead? I mean Geese Howard already appeared in Tekken 7 and Heihachi and other Tekken characters showed up In KOF All Star. So i think this is very likely.
>Persona 4 getting a port for PC...........only now..................yeah im happy im not a fan of Atlus and never will be.

Honestly this sounds too fanfiction-y. I don't have the same open mind regarding Vergeben's rumors like i did before Simon's reveal, but i could see at least 2 of these things happening.

But has Vergeben even posted about this in the first place? If not then i think we should ignore it since i have no trust on Sabi.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
This is exactly the trend I've noticed over the past few days. The lot of us here have been like "yeah a Hero situation would make a lot of sense" and most everyone says "nah it's gonna be exactly one character because ARMS fighters are sooooo unique and have animations"...

... and then PapaGenos makes a video about [credible leaker] saying the same thing, and then Vergeben says the same thing. I'm thinking we were the leakers all along, bros.
It's "Leakerception"!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
>MK9. For a second there i thought that MK9 meant Mortal Kombat 9. Although isn't MK's team already busy in something else if i remember correctly?
>KOF XV. I wish, fingers crossed for US Sports Team, let me dream dammit.
>Heihachi............don't you think it's possible he is actually in KOF instead? I mean Geese Howard already appeared in Tekken 7 and Heihachi and other Tekken characters showed up In KOF All Star. So i think this is very likely.
>Persona 4 getting a port for PC...........only now..................yeah im happy im not a an Atlus and never will be.

Honestly this sounds too fanfiction-y. I don't have the same open mind regarding Vergeben's rumors like i did before Simon's reveal, but i could see at least 2 of these things happening.

But has Vergeben even posted about this in the first place? If not then i think we should ignore it since i have no trust on Sabi.
According to Gamefaqs, he's not posted in over a month

Firox

Smash Master
OK, so apparently the 3-yr anniversary of ARMS' release lands on June 16....next Tuesday. Given the nothingness that Nintendo seems to be giving us this week, that seems kind of realistic. Then again, when has Nintendo legit given half a Lincoln log about commemorating anniversaries that don't involve Mario? What do you guys think?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Sounds like we’re on the verge of something happening.

Eh? Eh?

I’ll see myself out.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
I think given the circumstances, we cant go by past patterns. We can be aware of them, sure, but I think Nintendo is handling it differently this year, unfortunately . An announcement or a direct shadow dropped could still happen today or tomorrow, but they may just wait until after Sony and Microsoft do their thing (which sucks, but it is what it is).

As for Vergeben, I think we should see what he actually posts on Gamefaqs instead of a DM from Discord (or wherever that came from). Hopefully someone will question him on Gamefaqs soon or he'll come out of the shadows and say that wasn't him, idk...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Tbf no one is actually doing that. I think most people have just accepted that Porky was probably meant to be in the Absolutely Safe Capsule but just used the incorrect sprite as they look quite similar. There is precedent for this specifically with the Mother Series as the original Masked Man sprite they used was fanmade and removed it in a patch. The fact that fighter pass 1 went around without any of these characters who are missing spirits doesn't help matters either as that means the lack of spirits weren't used to account for a playable role
I would check the replies on that post from Sakurai if I were you. Quite a few people thought he was teasing Porky for Smash

zferolie

Smash Hero
I would check the replies on that post from Sakurai if I were you. Quite a few people thought he was teasing Porky for Smash
People need to stop assuming sakurai is teasing things. He RARELY teases fighters right now, if ever. It just bothers sakurai too much when they keep assuming everything he says is a tease. I mean he cant even talk about what games he is talking about anymore...

Unless vergeben posts this on gamefaqs then it’s probably not true. Any info he gets he dumps it straight on gamefaqs.
Indeed. Once he posts it on gamefaqs then we can talk about it

Last edited:

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
I know Sabi says he doesn't believe most of it, and there's a lot of doubt here, clearly.
Maybe it's because I'm desperate, but I'm willing to believe in it to a degree. PapaGenos did imply that insiders had been hearing a number of those names already, and here we have insiders claiming to have heard them. That kind of stuff doesn't necessarily come from nowhere.

All I'll say is if Verge is right, we're in good shape as Geno supporters. Having an AT and multiple spirits be playable would be big, especially because, like Geno, these characters only have art from one game that is being used for a regular spirit. They will have to have to find a workaround for their fighter spirits, which also all alternate costumes receive.
If this is true, a lot of spirit-related arguments against Geno will become moot. Not just "spirits deconfirm," but also "how would they do his fighter spirit if he's only been in one game?"

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I was really hoping for Vergeben to tell us when the ARMS rep will drop or who CP7 would be, but I will take as much information as I can get. Each day, we get more and more closer to breaking the assist trophy and Spirits deconfirm rule. :)

Firox

Smash Master
I think given the circumstances, we cant go by past patterns. We can be aware of them, sure, but I think Nintendo is handling it differently this year, unfortunately . An announcement or a direct shadow dropped could still happen today or tomorrow, but they may just wait until after Sony and Microsoft do their thing (which sucks, but it is what it is).

As for Vergeben, I think we should see what he actually posts on Gamefaqs instead of a DM from Discord (or wherever that came from). Hopefully someone will question him on Gamefaqs soon or he'll come out of the shadows and say that wasn't him, idk...
Calling it now. If ARMS ends up with a "Hero situation", Verge will claim ownership of the fabricated leak. If it doesn't, he'll admit it was totally fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom