• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I am aware that if Geno come , he would bring less content overall
"He would bring less content, but still bring 20 songs (about half of them remixed) and 16 spirits". Yeah, as much as I'd love that, I just don't see it happening.
- Songs: Terry was obviously an outlier for songs that will (probably) never happen again (49!!! Spanning multiple SNK games, not just Fatal Fury/King of Fighters), but no other DLC came remotely close to 20: Byleth (who is fully first party) only came with 9 songs (+2 tracks for JP lyrics). Joker came with the most songs of any FP1 character, at 11, and they spanned five games: Persona 3, 4, 4G, 5, and Revelations. Plenty of first party non-DLC franchises don't even have 20 songs in Smash yet, such as Yoshi (at 14, also using a SMW song [which isn't a Yoshi game but the song is considered Yoshi for some reason] and having to resort to Yoshi's Awful New Island), Earthbound/Mother (at 14, spanning the entire trilogy), or Xenoblade Chronicles (11 across both XC1 and XC2). There's plenty more I also didn't mention.
- Spirits: Both Persona and Fatal Fury came with 11 spirits each, tied for most spirits of FP1. Plenty of base game franchises (one from Smash 64!) don't even have 20. Including Fighter Spirits: F-Zero has 15, G&W 14 (not like there aren't plenty to pick from), Pac-Man 5... I'm also excluding a few like ROB or Duck Hunt.
Honestly, if we're lucky, we'll get more than the 2 copyright taken-down songs and get around 8-10 tracks. Spirits would also likely be 8-10; there's a handful of characters you can cut out or even merge together.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
"He would bring less content, but still bring 20 songs (about half of them remixed) and 16 spirits". Yeah, as much as I'd love that, I just don't see it happening.
- Songs: Terry was obviously an outlier for songs that will (probably) never happen again (49!!! Spanning multiple SNK games, not just Fatal Fury/King of Fighters), but no other DLC came remotely close to 20: Byleth (who is fully first party) only came with 9 songs (+2 tracks for JP lyrics). Joker came with the most songs of any FP1 character, at 11, and they spanned five games: Persona 3, 4, 4G, 5, and Revelations. Plenty of first party non-DLC franchises don't even have 20 songs in Smash yet, such as Yoshi (at 14, also using a SMW song [which isn't a Yoshi game but the song is considered Yoshi for some reason] and having to resort to Yoshi's Awful New Island), Earthbound/Mother (at 14, spanning the entire trilogy), or Xenoblade Chronicles (11 across both XC1 and XC2). There's plenty more I also didn't mention.
- Spirits: Both Persona and Fatal Fury came with 11 spirits each, tied for most spirits of FP1. Plenty of base game franchises (one from Smash 64!) don't even have 20. Including Fighter Spirits: F-Zero has 15, G&W 14 (not like there aren't plenty to pick from), Pac-Man 5... I'm also excluding a few like ROB or Duck Hunt.
Honestly, if we're lucky, we'll get more than the 2 copyright taken-down songs and get around 8-10 tracks. Spirits would also likely be 8-10; there's a handful of characters you can cut out or even merge together.
I think you misunderstood.

I said that Geno would bring less content than what my fighter pack would bring.

This Fighter Pack goal's was to make the absolute best possible representation for SMRPG in Smash , while ignoring limitations. Not to be accurate.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
You know who can fly in SMRPG , and could somewhat fit that shadowy figure ?
"According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way Dodo should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat, rotund body off the ground. Dodo, of course, flies anyway because Dodo don't care what humans think is impossible." - Shigeru Miyamoto

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I just thought it'd be Smithy or something.
That's the thing: The ending of the Sonic video almost suggests that our old pal TerminalMontage TerminalMontage is setting up some sort of big "Something About" finale with every major game meshing together.
Just a theory, but I think the character that Geno is chasing after is Speedrun Mario. Not only is he extremely fast, with which Geno can barely catch up, but it would make sense for Geno to chase after Mario after trashing Star Road in the SMW animation. Luigi's evidence board on what Mario has done links Mario to Star Hill and the portal to Star Road that wiped out that forest.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Terry and Joker seemed like pretty big Leaps of Faith to me. Him going straight for the most requested like Geno would not be leaps of faith. That would be adhering to the demand which is about as safe as you can play it.
I explained why it was by referencing Brawl. The addition of a ton of super popular characters with Brawl was kind of tainted by the fact that the game was super controversial. The Fighter's Pass was decided before the base game even released and they didn't know if they were going to have a runaway critical hit on its hands. This is why I think they kind of pulled their punches for the Fighter's Pass and didn't stuff it with huge requests. It reminds me of Smash 4 and how the character choices were arguably more conservative, opting more for recent characters than longtime fan requests. I don't think there's that issue anymore because not only was the base game universally praised but so was the Fighter's Pass despite Banjo being the only really big fan request in it.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
but so was the Fighter's Pass despite Banjo being the only really big fan request in it.
It's funny, if you remove BK for a more "eh" Terry-esque pick, I'm betting FP1 overall would have be received much more negatively. Probably mixed, but possibly outright negative.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It's funny, if you remove BK for a more "eh" Terry-esque pick, I'm betting FP1 overall would have be received much more negatively. Probably mixed, but possibly outright negative.
Maybe in the eyes of the hardcore english speaking Smash community, but it would't have been seen as terrible everywhere else. I mean, the Japanese probably would have been happy with Hero and Joker. Also the more casual fans woulnd't have minded the characters outside of Byleth.

and then there's the rest of europe who always get cucked, poor europe.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
So you know that Wonder of Wonder art that's kinda popular on twitter? Well, it's a website where you can make your characters dance to "Wonder of Wonder" by daniwell (the same guy behind the Nyan Cat song), so obviously, seeing as where are we, i decided to make one for Geno which is on this link! https://aidn.jp/wowa/27973521
View attachment 270891
Enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Officiallythat2/status/1256939682841219073
Nice Drawing of Geno! also-

Hey guys: https://aidn.jp/wowa/54712633

Malo Mart Malo Mart

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can understand that you did not want Byleth, but don¨t compare him to Corrin. There was a fanbase for him/her build-up already for quite a while. And poorly represented the series as a whole? They have the entire weapon triangle with him/her + bows. Byleth if anyone represents the franchise well...
The problem with Byleth is that they barely cover the various weapon types and classes that FE is known for, and the moves involving the relics feel more like an afterthought. If it weren't for Robin who represented spellcasters, almost all of the FE characters would be sword users. There are no lancers, axe users, archers, and all the other classes flat out ignored.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Is it just me, or does anyone else see a grayed out page underneath the DLC Spirit Board? Its hard to make out at first, but its their. I drew arrows to show to you all what I am talking about. I think once this ARMS Fighter releases, a new page will open up featuring a Spirit Board for the Volume 2 characters. I haven't seen much people talk about this, and I thought it was interesting so I decided to post it. I also posted it to prove to the minority of people that think Volume 2 will not come with a Spirit Board, because I have seen quite a few people think we aren't.

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does anyone else see a grayed out page underneath the DLC Spirit Board? Its hard to make out at first, but its their. I drew arrows to show to you all what I am talking about. I think once this ARMS Fighter releases, a new page will open up featuring a Spirit Board for the Volume 2 characters. I haven't seen much people talk about this, and I thought it was interesting so I decided to post it. I also posted it to prove to the minority of people that think Volume 2 will not come with a Spirit Board, because I have seen quite a few people think we aren't.
I think it's just supposed to be a shadow behind the Spirit Board menu for added effect. Good find though, I would've never seen that otherwise.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of longtime fan requests, there's almost nobody left that checks the boxes for everyone. Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo were kind of the last big fan requests that were overwhelmingly wanted by most people. Geno's big but he's controversial. Crash kind of is too. Characters like Lloyd, Waluigi, and Master Chief definitely are. I think that's also why a lot of people disagree on the potential nature of Season 2.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Nintendo still have 2015 ballot data so I think that they have a good idea of who are "long requested characters" that aren't playable. But I think that Sakurai has already represented the majority of those characters that got lots of votes as either playable fighters (like King K Rool or Ridley), assist trophies or spirits.

Regarding Banjo-Kazooie, I think that he gots a huge amount of votes, but well, Sakurai maybe didn't consider it first because he is from a western publisher and at that time (december 2015), Nintendo didn't had the best relationship with Microsoft, so he was a bit "scared" of trying

For this second pass ? Maybe they will do some upgrades for some characters like Geno or Waluigi, or chose another big third party character that got rejected, who knows. Hopefully, in a little more than 1 month we will know something.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On the topic of longtime fan requests, there's almost nobody left that checks the boxes for everyone. Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo were kind of the last big fan requests that were overwhelmingly wanted by most people. Geno's big but he's controversial. Crash kind of is too. Characters like Lloyd, Waluigi, and Master Chief definitely are. I think that's also why a lot of people disagree on the potential nature of Season 2.
Isaac would be a big one. Geno and Isaac are the last two heavy hitters. Especially considering how long both of them have been around and if Spring Man is the ARMS character and breaks the AT rule then I think more could be down the road like Waluigi and Isaac who are arguably as big in terms of requests as Geno himself.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Isaac was huge before he got deconfirmed. His thread here was super big until discussion understandably waned after the AT reveal. I still want him to make it a lot and he seriously might have a huge chance if AT’s are back on the table and the Golden Sun remake stuff is true. After all Imran Khan did seem to be pointing at Fighter Pass 2 being first party mostly. But otherwise his shot is looking grim.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Not Geno related but it looks like Nintendo had their biggest leak yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaxe_-BfPLU&feature=emb_title

Wonder what do those sources codes will have in them?...maybe something SMRPG related?
I've been keeping abreast of this since a couple of days ago, and right to the point: there's nothing related to the SNES in this. It's all N64, Gamecube, Wii, and iQue stuff. Apparently there's about 2.1 Terrabytes of data in this and we've only just scratched the surface.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
I've been keeping abreast of this since a couple of days ago, and right to the point: there's nothing related to the SNES in this. It's all N64, Gamecube, Wii, and iQue stuff. Apparently there's about 2.1 Terrabytes of data in this and we've only just scratched the surface.
Really?... That's a lot!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not Geno related but it looks like Nintendo had their biggest leak yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaxe_-BfPLU&feature=emb_title

Wonder what do those sources codes will have in them?...maybe something SMRPG related?
I was about to come here to tell the news myself. So the biggest leak in Nintendo history has dropped:

N64 and Wii source codes have been leaked as well as other stuff which have all been stolen from the servers. Potentially, the Switch source code could get leaked as well as all the characters in FP2 in Ultimate.

I know I said I wouldn't come back here until Geno got in, but this news was too big for me to pass up to you guys. We could be seeing Geno much sooner than later.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Really?... That's a lot!
You could say that again. So far there hasn't been much of note in terms of early game assets aside from some tech demos and internal documents, but from what I've heard new stuff from it should be dropping this friday, and it's probably going to be real good. Here's hoping for some early N64 game demos.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
You could say that again. So far there hasn't been much of note in terms of early game assets aside from some tech demos and internal documents, but from what I've heard new stuff from it should be dropping this friday, and it's probably going to be real good. Here's hoping for some early N64 game demos.
Yep!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If Geno ever started/owned a restaurant, what would it be?
It would be called: Mallow & Mushrooms and each dish would have exactly 7 ingredients and the menu would have exactly 7 items but also accepts all requests made in the form of wishes.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
How in the name of hell is Crash controversial?

Also no offense but Master Chief beign long requested is kind of revisonism. People didn't think of him as a possibility until Smash 4's DLC after Cloud's reveal and only enforced later when Banjo got in.

I do however agree on the controversy aspect. Characters that are largely agreed upon to be major contenders in Smash are a rarity nowadays (the last time i saw a character of that magnitude that was unanimously agreed to be seen as expected and wanted was Inkling)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Unless I'm wrong these leaks come from the same place the same place the G/S Spaceworld Demo and the Beta Diamond and Pearl Sprites where every Pokemon had Gender differences came from. These hacks occured in 2018 and everyone who perpetrated them already got taken to court, that's part of the reason why there's been a bunch of articles about Nintendo going after leakers harder, not because of "insiders" but because of actual hacking like this. They already seemed to boost their protection after everything went down, I believe that's the reason certain 3DS exploits stopped working around the time like Freeshop, which I still don't understand how Nintendo was so incompetent to allow that in the first-place and why it took so long to patch it.

As for what's actually been leaked? Well from I what I've heard and been seeing he may have straight up just gotten EVERYTHING from the server he hacked into and just ripped it off. Whatever was on that server from early-2018 back he could have gotten. He shared it with a bunch of different people and it's taken 2 years for them to start releasing stuff because discord is discord and these people just HAVE to hoard it for two years just to get that feeling of importance. I don't know where the 2TB number is coming from I have no clue but it's actually not farfetched. Only things that have come out in the last two weeks are more beta builds of Gen 1 and 2, debug stuff, Gen 7 debug builds/distribution files (These were already stored on the 3DS eshop it seems, we just didn't have the title keys to unlock them until now.) and the Source Code/Documentation/SDKs for N64/Gamecube/Wii. Oh and Garfield Kart. (This seems to be a separate leak though.)
https://youtu.be/wpayDbLnSnI

These were all taken from NoA servers, so what they might actually have is completely up in the air. We'll just have to wait and see how this goes down as more stuff gets released.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
N64 and Wii source codes have been leaked as well as other stuff which have all been stolen from the servers. Potentially, the Switch source code could get leaked as well as all the characters in FP2 in Ultimate.

I know I said I wouldn't come back here until Geno got in, but this news was too big for me to pass up to you guys. We could be seeing Geno much sooner than later.
...f***.

Last edited by a moderator:

link2702

Smash Champion
damn....that leak is insane.

As someone who always was fascinated by the N64 generation probably more than any other due to the rumors and myths always surrounding it and it's games, this is almost like an early birthday present for me(....kinda....it really sucks for nintendo of course.)

I mean....so far there isn't anything super impressive that I've seen but still.....

If early development versions of mario 64 and zelda 64 appear in this leak I'm gonna scream.....

pinshadow

Smash Lord
For the record, all of the hacking was done in early 2018. Nothing is going to leak past that it seems.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
The most curious thing regarding Smash about that 2TB data of Nintendo would be the results of 2015 ballot and possible some earlier ideas of old smash games, maybe including Ultimate if that got leak from earlier 2018.

About Nintendo in general, maybe some stuff like possible switch releases (first party and maybe some third party).

But don’t get your hopes too high, so far, all stuff is from previous gen consoles, that I admit some of it is interesting but nothing useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom