• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
GameXplain heavily implied it wasn't and I honestly take their word for it. These are the same guys that roasted Sabi when he got his C&D in a video so I don't think they were messing around when they called out Sabi on Twitter.
What, you mean the whole "no dash" thing from Jon? It's just a running gag on his twitter and Sabi only latched onto it because her source said they weren't sure about the VGA's having an announcement. Then Jon straight up went out of his way to basically say it was a joke tweet and that Sabi shouldn't have latched onto it.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it, what if it's the prince Euden from Dragalia Lost? People would go insane with another anime swordsman.

Mobile_DragaliaLost_char_Euden_MainCharacter_02.png

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Sounds to me like we're not getting a lot more post-pass. Suddenly feeling a lot more nervous and unsure about Geno as a result.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You know what? What if it really is freakin' FNAF

Maybe that's why the insiders refuse to just spit it out: It's too ridiculous and unbelievable that they would get torn a new one over it. Sure, they'd be validated if they were right, but to slog through all that hate and venom to get to that point... I'd keep my mouth shut honestly

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Sounds to me like we're not getting a lot more post-pass. Suddenly feeling a lot more nervous and unsure about Geno as a result.
A Little Bit is completely relative, Sakurai has been working non-stop on Smash for almost 8 years. Even if he's just implying Ultimate thats still 4 years now from when planning started in Decemeber 2015. I wouldn't read too far into it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
That quote should not change whatever previous opinion you had whatsoever. Sakurai has never ever given future plans away in tweets/interviews. He sits there with a straight face telling people DLC isn’t planned...until it is

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here is something to keep in mind, my friend

Sakurai: We've made returning every single fighter our top priority, so we hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers

Fandom: That's a fair trade-off

Sakurai: Anyway here's Inklings, Ridley, Daisy, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, Joker, Four Dragon Quest Protagonists, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, and Sans as an upgraded Mii Fighter, and more on the way!

1575732283464.png

Grumbo

Smash Ace
The way I see it there are three levels of potential ****ery:
1. Verge is ****ing with us. He’s a GameFaqs user and as we all know, using that site gives you a +5 to your ****-otry rolls.
2. Verge’s source is ****ing with him. This seems the least likely, but maybe they’re tired of the leak game and trying to go out with some fun.
3. Nintendo is ****ing with the sources. This feels like the most likely, as again they hardcore lied to their own employees last TGA.

And aside from this, there’s still the possibility that what we’ve heard is the truth.
Honestly I think Nintendo throwing out misinformation. Im starting to think Fighter 5 is one of the “deconfirmed”
Ehhhhh I doubt it. Little bit is relative and could be a translation error. I’d be surprised if we dont get content for the next two years

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
I mean, it's pretty obvious that we won't get lots of content once we get the 5th fighter. We're going to have post-pass fighters, but we still don't know how many of them we will get (only one? two? three?) and Sakurai's "もう少し続きます" obviously refers this.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
At work once again, are all these pages just silly speculation as people hang onto the words of insiders who haven't been proven trustworthy or lost their credibility?

Or something worth reading?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm honestly sick of all this. But at the same time, it sure is funny watching people think some random character is a sure thing just for them to be deconfirmed and everyone freaks out

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Honestly I think Nintendo throwing out misinformation. Im starting to think Fighter 5 is one of the “deconfirmed”
And maybe it's possible the "Smash not being at the VGAs" is also misinformation being thrown around as well then. Like Geoff said, he was the only one there who knew about the DLC announcement last year.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
What, you mean the whole "no dash" thing from Jon? It's just a running gag on his twitter and Sabi only latched onto it because her source said they weren't sure about the VGA's having an announcement. Then Jon straight up went out of his way to basically say it was a joke tweet and that Sabi shouldn't have latched onto it.
Agreed. Unless GX said something else on the matter I'm not aware of, there isn't any real reason to think there won't be a reveal. Yet.

Jon roasts people who take everything he says as a hint on an almost weekly basis at this point. Searching his tweets for hidden meanings is barking up the wrong tree, whether he's had inside info in the past or not.

Sakurai: We've made returning every single fighter our top priority, so we hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers

Sakurai: Anyway here's Inklings, Ridley, Daisy, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, Joker, Four Dragon Quest Protagonists, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, and Sans as an upgraded Mii Fighter, and more on the way!
This is true, but he was pretty clearly talking about the base game when he said not to expect too many more challengers, which ended with Incineroar (and a ton of disappointed Grinch truthers). Excluding echo fighters, we only got six full newcomers at launch, which is less than any other game in the series.

It's probably not worth over-analyzing this particular tweet because 1) it's a translation and 2) "a little longer" is subject to interpretation, but it's worth keeping in mind. We could get just 2-3 more fighters, if that.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
It's hard to believe but just played a match between Banjo & Kazooie, Incineroar, King K. Rool, Terry Bogard, The Hero, Richter Belmont, Isabelle and Ridley with Megalovania in the background.

Try telling someone that in 2014.
Especially since Homestuck would be the go to for Megalovania, since Sans wasn't a character until 2015. That've really made heads roll.
And Incineroar wasn't a thing til 2016 either. :ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

At work once again, are all these pages just silly speculation as people hang onto the words of insiders who haven't been proven trustworthy or lost their credibility?

Or something worth reading?
Memes aside, nothing really important.

View attachment 250850
To be fair, the base roster of Ultimate' Newcomers is the smallest so far (around 11, JUST one below Smash 64's 12) and if you don't count echoes you get:
-K.Rool
-Ridley
-Simon
-Inkling
-Isabelle
-Incineroar
-PP

If you don't count DLC or Echoes in Smash 4, you get:
-Mega Man
-WFT
-Lil' Mac
-Robin
-DH
-Bowser Jr.
-Palu
-Villager
-Pac-Man
-Shulk
-Mii Fighters
-Rosa
-Greninja

So yeah, barely over a half of Smash 4's unique newcomers. While i do think we will get more Ult DLC fighters than 4, i don't think it will be beyond a Figher Pass 2 (hell even i think that's unlikely)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I just started watching RWBY with my girlfriend. So fighter 5 is actually Ruby. I don't make the rules sorry.
Ruby_Rose_(BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle,_Character_Select_Artwork).png

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Based off that post from Vergeben, Namco-Bandai is still on the table right? Kinda leaves a lot of choices open.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Hmm well besides seriously considering someone in the chain of command is feeding the rest false info but I guess I'll just support whoever I think is neat atm because clearly we slipped into moonside while I was asleep so trying to speculate and draw a conclusion about anything is a complete waste of time. Guess Quote is coming to smash y'all get hyped.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hmm well besides seriously considering someone in the chain of command is feeding the rest false info I guess I'll just support whoever I think is neat atm because clearly we slipped into moonside last night and trying to speculate and draw a conclusion about anything is a complete waste of time. Guess Quote is coming to smash y'all get hyped.
Yeah it really drains the fun out of things.

Honestly, if this is somehow Nintendo making a lot of noise just to hide who Fighter 5 is, then they have been incredibly successful.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Man, Sabi's main source should already step in and tell the character with turned VPN on, these "no namco reps" and "yes there are namco reps" riddles are getting pathetic.
The moment when it’s official that there is a Namco rep, is the moment when people say “Kosmos!”, especially with all of the **** that’s happening.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm going to assume none of those companies are actually deconfirmed and this has been one giant disinformation campaign by Nintendo. Because they basically knocked out every fan choice in one fail swoop and only left it with companies that are on never ever tier or choices I don't think will leave anyone satisfied.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
F576AD7E-C0DE-4FA2-9B38-92F35D022ED0.gif

JUST MAKE IT STOP ALREADY!

I don’t wanna be on this crazy train ride anymore...someone wake me when fp5 is actually revealed...

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm going to assume none of those companies are actually deconfirmed and this has been one giant disinformation campaign by Nintendo. Because they basically knocked out every fan choice in one fail swoop and only left it with companies that are on never ever tier or choices I don't think will leave anyone satisfied.
Yeah, this is where i stand right now

Most likely: Any one of the deconfirmed characters and we've been bamboozled
Who I want: Sora, I still believe in him despite everything
Wild Card pick: FNAF snatching the coveted "Indie Rep" spot. Anything can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom