• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
While I don't think sakurai's words about are indicitive of a miniscule amount of post pass dlc even if so we should worry. Assuming that would be 2-3 new characters that would fit in perfectly with the idea that sakurai just filled the additional slots beyond his initial vision with the costume upgrades without putting to much thought or effort into negotating and integrating new content. We were already speculating on seeing that between now and e3. So even if that just means geno/lloyd/+ or just geno/lloyd were still in the clear.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Maybe Fighter 5 is Kratos. Think about it: Banjo is Mr. Xbox, Terry is Count Geo Neo, could maybe this lineup of console nods twice in a row lead up to Baron Von PlayStation? Plot thickens.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I also wouldn't worry about there being little post-pass DLC because Nintendo loves money, and the Fighter's Pass made them enough coin to make Wario jealous

Plus with Smash coming so early in the Switch's lifespan and Nintendo wanting to keep the system alive until at least 2027... I'll make a bold claim and say we're getting at least three seasons of DLC

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
If we're to believe this many companies/characters to have been disconfirmed I'm thinking this next character will be liteyears away from what we can imagine, just to shake shake things up. I'm sure we'll Treasure the experience together.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I also wouldn't worry about there being little post-pass DLC because Nintendo loves money, and the Fighter's Pass made them enough coin to make Wario jealous

Plus with Smash coming so early in the Switch's lifespan and Nintendo wanting to keep the system alive until at least 2027... I'll make a bold claim and say we're getting at least three seasons of DLC
That's the thing getting 10 more characters for a total of 3 seasons is very within what is reasonable for fighting game dlc, in fact I think most games these days reach at least that and I'm confident none of them make even a fraction of what smash has or will. Considering how much longer the switch has to go and sakurai's own language implying ultimate is it for a long time a 3 season structure is very reasonable if not a bit reserved imo given how profitable it must be.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I still think Valve has a chance. There were reported meetings between Valve and Nintendo during the time frame the DLC was being planned out.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Why is it we are 5 days away and all we have are ideas on who it's not? Can someone just leak some dang names already?

OffBi

Smash Ace
Who should i put to be wolverine and the lady next to him?
Also, does anyone have a link to the fanmade icons that were posted here?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So it appears that 1st and 3rd parties are out, but what about character 5 being a 2nd party character?

God help us if its Fire Emblem. Don't repeat mistakes, Nintendo.

Yea, the new head of Nintendo wanted to put more focus on DLC, THEN Ultimate DLC printed them diamond encrusted gold. So, the logic of just stopping it looks weird. Also, how many times has Sakurai said he was done only to be surprised that Nintendo wasn't?

Honestly, they should skip plans for the next game for many years. Just keep adding characters to this one.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I am not apologizing for crap if Doomguy gets in or if that Cacodemon hat is real. I take pretty much everything with a grain of salt when it comes to Smash Bros leaks.
What if Geno comes to Smash?
Angry Joe with a Corporate Commander Mii costume.

His battle entry is him coming out of a door and saying “You’ve done **** it up!”
Is his Final Smash him trying to take Geoff Keighly to task but instead he ends up making a complete ass of himself to the point that Geoff is dunking on his leather-decked ass?

D

Deleted member

Happy one year anniversary to an amazing game that has filled us with joy, happiness and sometimes rage... Heh.

It's incredible array of modes, characters and continued content keeps us on our toes, and gives us great memories we are thankful for happy one year anniversary Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Here is something to keep in mind, my friend

Sakurai: We've made returning every single fighter our top priority, so we hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers

Fandom: That's a fair trade-off

Sakurai: Anyway here's Inklings, Ridley, Daisy, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, Joker, Four Dragon Quest Protagonists, Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, and Sans as an upgraded Mii Fighter, and more on the way!

View attachment 250850
You do know that Ultimate's Newvomer Count is less than Brawl, right?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Chell is looking pretty good right about now.

Even though my heart says Heavy Weapons Guy/TF2, my brain is telling me Chell from Portal.

Either way I really am rooting for a Valve character at this point.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Chell is looking pretty good right about now.

Even though my heart says Heavy Weapons Guy/TF2, my brain is telling me Chell from Portal.

Either way I really am rooting for a Valve character at this point.
Heavy has more chance than her tbh.
She doesn't do much except shoot portals.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So it appears that 1st and 3rd parties are out, but what about character 5 being a 2nd party character?

God help us if its Fire Emblem. Don't repeat mistakes, Nintendo.

Yea, the new head of Nintendo wanted to put more focus on DLC, THEN Ultimate DLC printed them diamond encrusted gold. So, the logic of just stopping it looks weird. Also, how many times has Sakurai said he was done only to be surprised that Nintendo wasn't?

Honestly, they should skip plans for the next game for many years. Just keep adding characters to this one.
Fire Emblem is considered 1st party by many.

And Vergeben ruled out ANY Nintendo character.

Bottom line is, if Vergeben is right, Fire Emblem is out. End of story.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
So basically verge deconfirmed:

-Any Nintendo character
-Any Konami character
-Any Sega character
-Any Capcom character
-Any Bandai Namco character
-Any additional Square Enix character
-Any additional Microsoft character
-Any Koei Tecmo character
-Any Arc System Works character
-Any Spike Chunsoft character
-Any Marvelous character
-Any Epic Games character
-Any Bethesda Softworks character
-Any Activision character
-Any Blizzard character
-Any Touhou character
-Any spirit
-Any Assist Trophy
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)
-Gordon Freeman (Half-Life series)
-Any Ubisoft character
-Any Level-5 character
-Any Nippon Ichi related character
-Any Falcom character

>indiereps are still good to go

Papyrusbros... Is it our time?

tenor.gif

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
You know what? What if it really is freakin' FNAF

Maybe that's why the insiders refuse to just spit it out: It's too ridiculous and unbelievable that they would get torn a new one over it. Sure, they'd be validated if they were right, but to slog through all that hate and venom to get to that point... I'd keep my mouth shut honestly
That's honestly says how much about community then the insiders lmao

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So basically verge deconfirmed:

-Any Nintendo character
-Any Konami character
-Any Sega character
-Any Capcom character
-Any Bandai Namco character
-Any additional Square Enix character
-Any additional Microsoft character
-Any Koei Tecmo character
-Any Arc System Works character
-Any Spike Chunsoft character
-Any Marvelous character
-Any Epic Games character
-Any Bethesda Softworks character
-Any Activision character
-Any Blizzard character
-Any Touhou character
-Any spirit
-Any Assist Trophy
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)
-Gordon Freeman (Half-Life series)
-Any Ubisoft character
-Any Level-5 character
-Any Nippon Ichi related character
-Any Falcom character

>indiereps are still good to go

Papyrusbros... Is it our time?

View attachment 250872
Finally! I think the Sans costume either opened or closed the door for a playable Papyrus. Only time will tell...

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Yeah I don’t buy any of that, I think it boils down to no one knows and won’t until we are supposed to.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Is it bad that my mind turned to Carmen Sandiego and now I'm seriously considering her as a possibility unironically? She had games on been on Nintendo consoles as recently as the Wii, so that barrier-to-entry is non-existent.

Or it's Katalina, the whole Hitagi situation got swept under the rug because he got misted by the Steve leakbait just like Verge did, but we still don't know what his Katalina info was for, and it was right around the time that people would have been getting negotiated for DLC.

EDIT: You may think I'm joking, but consider:

VGAs 2018 - Joker, a thief, steals a Smash invitation while cloaked in red:

VGAs 2019 - The person Joker stole the invitation from is revealed to be another renowned thief, one who is also cloaked in red:

Think about it. Think about it.

It has like a .5% chance of happening, but imagine the shock but just how well it would fit to end the pass and a VGA reveal with.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
EarlTamm EarlTamm I found my first post, it was in the Banjo-Kazooie thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/ban...-dream-come-true.446558/page-60#post-22372061

Useful tip.

No introduction. No formalities.

This lead into me telling R RetrogamerMax that... you guessed it: he's wrong.
I said Ness, Game & Watch, Wolf, and Bayonetta weren't the biggest bombs to go out with basically. I love those characters, but from the prospective of a lot of people they could have ended the roster in each game a lot better than choosing them as the last characters.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It’s not really in-fighting. Sabi/Verge aren’t affiliated with Jon or anything.

The whole rant is worth reading though, it highlights why this leak culture is so stupid. It also calls out people who think everything Jon/GX posts is a hint, but I’m sure that’ll fall on deaf ears.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know, its kind of funny when you think about all that has happened since the last month or two...and something clicked.

For the most part, the CacoMallow leak is still alive. It is possible to make the hats/add some jiggles, but NO ONE has claimed to have made them. So we just shelved it for awhile.

Fast forward to present and we are getting an absurd amount of names that are NOT Fighter 5. There is a lot of noise going on and I am of the belief that this is deliberate. Just to hide who the fighter is....but allow me to flip the script.

Lets combine the former with what is happening now. We have this "leak" that certainly points to who it could be. Now if I were Nintendo and I saw this, I would be pretty peeved. But you cannot take it down because THEN everyone would start connecting the dots "The videos are down! IT IS GENO AND DOOMGUY!" So it would have been obvious and now we have Pokemon Sw and Sh leaks to deal with...****!

Alright...keep the videos up, but lets make some noise. Lets start feeding our people with information that is not true. Keep people guessing and MAYBE they will not even consider that video (CacoMallow) viable.

This is something that just clicked in my head, but that is all it is...a theory.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You know, its kind of funny when you think about all that has happened since the last month or two...and something clicked.

For the most part, the CacoMallow leak is still alive. It is possible to make the hats/add some jiggles, but NO ONE has claimed to have made them. So we just shelved it for awhile.

Fast forward to present and we are getting an absurd amount of names that are NOT Fighter 5. There is a lot of noise going on and I am of the belief that this is deliberate. Just to hide who the fighter is....but allow me to flip the script.

Lets combine the former with what is happening now. We have this "leak" that certainly points to who it could be. Now if I were Nintendo and I saw this, I would be pretty peeved. But you cannot take it down because THEN everyone would start connecting the dots "The videos are down! IT IS GENO AND DOOMGUY!" So it would have been obvious and now we have Pokemon Sw and Sh leaks to deal with...****!

Alright...keep the videos up, but lets make some noise. Lets start feeding our people with information that is not true. Keep people guessing and MAYBE they will not even consider that video (CacoMallow) viable.

This is something that just clicked in my head, but that is all it is...a theory.
Yeah, CacoMallow is very much like the OG Ken Leak. People buzzed around both for awhile but couldn't exactly disprove it so it fell by the wayside, only for it to be proven to be the one legit leak.

I'm expecting the same to happen to CacoMallow

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah, CacoMallow is very much like the OG Ken Leak. People buzzed around both for awhile but couldn't exactly disprove it so it fell by the wayside, only for it to be proven to be the one legit leak.

I'm expecting the same to happen to CacoMallow
The Geno/Doomguy VGA reveal lives again! Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom