• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Can we just agree to disagree on spirits? Not one person has changed their minds the last seven times we had this debate, and I don't see what makes this time any different.
I feel like this is the one topic of conversation in smash speculation that goes nowhere and give no room to continue conversation. Its all the same basic stuff and means nothing in terms of the entire situation because in the end, no-one changes their minds. So I agree with this.

Also I haven't made a reply about it, but happy we beat the Ridley smash boards! Just saw OperationStarfalls tweet on it :)

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Can we just agree to disagree on spirits? Not one person has changed their minds the last seven times we had this debate, and I don't see what makes this time any different.
[
Nobody really brought it up expect that one guy and people are already jumping the defensive train

Kinda werid how this thread was so quick to mourn the "lost" for Resident Evil

"But Spirits don't deconfirmed guyz!!!111 >:( (now stop talking about it)"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nobody really brought it up expect that one guy and people are already jumping the defensive train

Kinda werid how this thread was so quick to mourn the lost for Resident Evil

But Spirits don't deconfirmed!!!111 >:(((
that's DLC spirits though you'd assume if they had plans for a resident evil character they wouldn't have made them DLC spirits. Base game spirits on the other hand were likely negotiated a long, long time ago giving room to change their mind on certain characters if they want.

Anyways just drop the topic I'm absolutely sick of it and nobody plans on changing their mind anytime soon so why debate? It's a pointless conversation.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
No. We are not doing this “SpIriTs DeCOnFirM” topic again.
Glad to know you read through my comment despite the fact that I stated maybe Spirits might be upgaded, mostly focus on how Assist & Mii Costumes aren't in line for promotion, and how the only thing that Spirits actually deconfirm is the Fifth Fighter which should be super obvious with the kind of characters and Spirits Boards that have been releasing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I personally think ATs could be upgraded; some could’ve been done before the Fighters Pass plans were done, allowing Waluigi to break out of his prison. Even if he’s not FP5, it could still happen post-pass.

D

Deleted member

Glad to know you read through my comment despite the fact that I stated maybe Spirits might be upgaded, mostly focus on how Assist & Mii Costumes aren't in line for promotion, and how the only thing that Spirits actually deconfirm is the Fifth Fighter which should be super obvious with the kind of characters and Spirits Boards that have been releasing.
It’s very possible Rex could be coming.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Sakurai directly mentioned that Rex couldn't make it to the roster since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out too late into Ultimate's production, which is why he settled for a Mii costume rewarded as a bonus for those who downloaded the Fighters Pass. I can almost guarantee you Rex is not coming.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I doubt it because, like I said before, Sakurai was satisfied with Rex just being a Mii Costume so he would probably rather focus on characters that haven't been represented in Smash Bros instead of going back and polishing the ones who are already represented.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
If he's listening to the Geno, Waluigi, or Isaac fans we'll get upgrades. If he's focused on characters that aren't represented at all yet in any form then we're not getting any promotions.

I honestly think we will get at least one of the three I listed, though. It will be a combination.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
[

Kinda werid how this thread was so quick to mourn the "lost" for Resident Evil

"But Spirits don't deconfirmed guyz!!!111 >:( (now stop talking about it)"
Expect that the DLC png pictures work a little bit different from ones that were introduced from the very start in the game. Albeit they're outright doesn't deconfirm characters, they give them really slim chances of appearing in the game unless a miracle happens.

Yes I have returned back from my slumber only to post this. And that the real 5th fighter was a friend we made along the way.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Sakurai directly mentioned that Rex couldn't make it to the roster since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out too late into Ultimate's production, which is why he settled for a Mii costume rewarded as a bonus for those who downloaded the Fighters Pass. I can almost guarantee you Rex is not coming.
Shhhhh, your logic is hurting Geno. :p

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
He mentioned that Xenoblade 2 was too late for the base game, and likely this fighter's pass, but there's still a good chance that someone from the game gets in now that there's going to be more DLC, whether it's Rex/Pyra, Lora/Jin from Torna, or someone else.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Who the **** is it then???
It possibly being another Microsoft character

It possibly being another Square Enix character

It being a Nintendo character

It being an Assist Trophy "promoted" to being playable

It being a Spirit "promoted" to being playable

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think you all are being hardcore jerked around on this. Me saying I didn't believe Verge on Namco triggered (in multiple senses of the word) a raid but it's weird to me that people are willing to put up with... This. Once again, going to need someone credible to back this up. I conceded on Namco because the NoA source said no so I'll wait until someone with a solid track record shares their thoughts.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
It possibly being another Microsoft character

It possibly being another Square Enix character

It being a Nintendo character

It being an Assist Trophy "promoted" to being playable

It being a Spirit "promoted" to being playable

Pretty sure he meant that FP5 is none of this.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
D

Deleted member

So Reimu and Sol are "disconfirmed" until further notice? Yeah I have no idea who it could be those two were my last guesses and now that those aren't in I just don't know. It's probably going to be one of the disconfirmed characters or an entirely left-field pick that nobody saw coming.

Or y'know they disconfirmed all these characters cause fighter five is cancelled : pensive emoji :

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I think you all are being hardcore jerked around on this. Me saying I didn't believe Verge on Namco triggered (in multiple senses of the word) a raid but it's weird to me that people are willing to put up with... This. Once again, going to need someone credible to back this up. I conceded on Namco because the NoA source said no so I'll wait until someone with a solid track record shares their thoughts.
Plus, the logic around the sources stem from “oh, I heard “blank” is the fighter!” God, I wish they ****ing had better logic than this easily beatable crap. All Namco has to do is give the rep a ****ing code name and they’re secured. After all, this was how Vergeben confirmed the “enderdragon”.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Who? You? I don't think that your Smash track record is better than Verge, what known leakers has a better Smash track record than him?

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Could it be Geralt from The Witcher 3? He's in a super strange realm of 3rd party and 4th party because the author of the books consider him a different character for the game.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Well, RIP Monokuma, then.

It really seems to me that it’s down to the following:

-A shock Playstation rep

-A Valve rep that isn’t Gordon

This is a very unexpected selection, and there’s even a very good chance that it’s literally none of these.

Edit: Microsoft and Square are out too? Wow.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just pretend the Banjo-talk sound is "Argh-argh-argh-argh-!"

View attachment 250740
*GUH HUH INTENSIFIES*

Aight, this is the prototype edit I ended up with. I'll be putting deconfirmed characters to the left of Geno and Waluigi. Y'all still have any suggestions for characters to include? And can any of you think of a better way to represent Spirits than what I came up with? 'Night.

View attachment 250741

Dang right it is!
Glorious; Waluigi breaking the "Assist Trophies can't be promoted to fighters" rule, Geno breaking the "Spirits kind'a deconfirm characters" (or at least clears out that doubt), and... *looks both ways* ... Goemon breaks the "Mii costumes also kind'a deconfirm characters" (again, would clear up that doubt).

I didn't see Konami mentioned there so... maybe... actually a Konami rep?!

*I AM IMPACT INTENSIFIES*

Ok, real-talk now; the Fighters Pass really has come a long way. Sakura, Sora Ltd., and the team from Bandai Namco have really poured their all in not only making an incredible base game for this installment of Smash, but also bringing in such wild DLC fighters. To think the ride is not over yet is mind-boggling, yet exciting. Even with all the speculation that has been tossed around with different characters, and what alleged insiders have teased at, I concur with what some have mentioned before and that is to keep a degree of skepticism to all of the info/rumors being passed/tossed around. Heck, who's to say that the alleged insiders were given false info for the 5th fighter? Whether TGA is the day we'll get the reveal, or a bit later; the 5th fighter is coming soon, and even more will come later on. Smash Bros. Ultimate is truly great. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Who? You? I don't think that your Smash track record is better than Verge, what known leakers has a better Smash track record than him?
I never claimed to have direct contact with major sources aside from Sabi's "old" NoA source. That's the difference. I don't have or claim to have sprawling networks and never have. I've also have said time and time again that I'm totally okay with being wrong on things because it's my speculation on what I know. That's another key difference. People like Verge and Sabi live and die by their perceived credibility.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai announces, World of Light 2, Fighter Pass 5 is the main hero and sole survivor of Sabigaleem and Darkhvergeben's destruction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Im not saying I believe Vergeben 100% but for now he is the most credible Smash leaker. If you dont believe him then you cant believe anyone. We already agreed on Sabi did not leak even 1 character for Smash, so who do you think is more credible than Vergeben??

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I never claimed to have direct contact with major sources aside from Sabi's "old" NoA source. That's the difference. I don't have or claim to have sprawling networks and never have. I've also have said time and time again that I'm totally okay with being wrong on things because it's my speculation on what I know. That's another key difference. People like Verge and Sabi live and die by their perceived credibility.
Do you think Harada will step up his game after the Terry leaks?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Im not saying I believe Vergeben 100% but for now he is the most credible Smash leaker. If you dont believe him then you cant believe anyone. We already agreed on Sabi did not leak even 1 character for Smash, so who do you think is more credible than Vergeben??
Like I said, I trust Sabi's old NoA source. He's not public but he has yet to get anything wrong that he's fully weighed in on. I'm personally waiting on his opinion and whether he even cares to share it.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wait so i might still be groggy from waking up but did I just see verge just make a list of every single thing possible left in play and "deconfirm" it? Yeah sounds like he's his taking the piss out of the whole situation at our expense I mean character 5 does have to exist after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom