• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The Red Shell isnt the only Smash 4 hat that has not returned, right? Don't you think it is just possible they just decided to cut it. It's kind of an underwhelming mii hat
Does someone want to look into which mii hats did and did not transfer over to Smash Ultimate? And while I do think it's kinda unremarkable on its own, that doesn't really matter took here. What matters is that there may be a leak that has it coming back for some reason.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Does someone want to look into which mii hats did and did not transfer over to Smash Ultimate? And while I do think it's kinda unremarkable on its own, that doesn't really matter took here. What matters is that there may be a leak that has it coming back for some reason.
The red hoodie with the blue lightsaber was my favorite one and it didn't transfer. It actually let me use a Mii Swordfighter that resembled my OC.

Edit: Important to note that I just mentioned a non-hat.

Guys, I can read, I swear.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The Red Shell isnt the only Smash 4 hat that has not returned, right? Don't you think it is just possible they just decided to cut it. It's kind of an underwhelming mii hat
Looking at SmashWiki, the only other cut Mii Hats from base 4 are some generic ones (Santa hat for example) and a few from Streetpass Mii Plaza games. But the significant part here is PapaGenos had heard from someone that the Red Shell hat is coming back, and logically if that’s the case it makes sense for it to come with a Mario character (possibly)

Edit: I gotcha covered EarlTamm EarlTamm

Last edited:

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
Prolly just a coincidence that that last pic has all dlc chars . Oh and daisy and Mario.

hmmm that’s weird, unless they are stand ins, maybe a Mario character, but why two.

CacoMallow exist . Wait daisy for doomslayer(daisy is he pet rabbit the demons kill) and Mario for geno .....

Probably nothing....probably.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'll say that if the Red Shell hat is back, there's always a possibility it could just drop with a random character. The Rocket Grunt costume came completely outta left field after all. But bringing back a missing 1st party costume from Smash 4 of all things is very suspicious and makes me lean against that.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oooof.

Man, you really wanted to break that record of :ultridley:'s thread, eh? I understand that you did but chill. Save the comments for actual happenings instead of making it a social thread. The number of pages has increased exponentially and it doesn't seem to let up. Maybe after the VGA but who knows at this point.

And will all of this recent sheananigans of Waluigi happening. I have my doubts honestly. If it was for a Poss Pass character then maybe but not as FP5.

BUT then again, Sakurai could go for that as a shocker but again, I doubt it.

Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

:bowser:.

domriver

Smash Lord
Congratulations to the Geno Thread. Truly is amazing how far Geno has come along in the Smash Speculation world. :D I really do hope this thread is upgrade to a Character thread maybe this year or next. :)

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I would love it if Waluigi actually got promoted since I do really like him (not as much as Wario, though). Isaac seems like the best bet for another assist promotion but **** me do I want Shovel Knight to get the promotion. The fact he got in Smash at all is amazing but he was also one of, if not, my most wanted character before the disconfirmation. Imagine if we got a Smash remix of the Shovel Knight theme of this caliber.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
If Waluigi gets in someone help me invent a time machine so I can rub it in the faces of the Nsider forum people who told me he was too irrelevant 13 years ago
I'll join you for that!

Man is it a good day to be a Waluigi and Geno fan.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
What are some deconfirmed characters you want to be promoted other than Geno and Waluigi, guys? Can be a Spirit, an Assist Trophy and/or a Mii Costume, but I can only select a few to put in my next meme (I'll put the others in the backburner for a possible later one, though).
Aight, this is the prototype edit I ended up with. I'll be putting deconfirmed characters to the left of Geno and Waluigi. Y'all still have any suggestions for characters to include? And can any of you think of a better way to represent Spirits than what I came up with? 'Night.

spirit ats free prototype.png

I'll join you for that!

Man is it a good day to be a Waluigi and Geno fan.
Dang right it is!

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I would love it if Waluigi actually got promoted since I do really like him (not as much as Wario, though). Isaac seems like the best bet for another assist promotion but **** me do I want Shovel Knight to get the promotion. The fact he got in Smash at all is amazing but he was also one of, if not, my most wanted character before the disconfirmation. Imagine if we got a Smash remix of the Shovel Knight theme of this caliber.
Is Blade Strangers good? I remember being intrigued cause it had Shovel Knight and Gunvolt

I have this weird thing where if Shovel Knight got into Smash I want him to talk in like a super exaggerated deep boisterous knight voice and call his attacks. Like just imagine Chris Sabat screaming “Dust Knuckles!” and you’ve got what I’m going for

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Aight, this is the prototype edit I ended up with. I'll be putting deconfirmed characters to the left of Geno and Waluigi. Y'all still have any suggestions for characters to include? And can any of you think of a better way to represent Spirits than what I came up with? 'Night.

View attachment 250741

Dang right it is!
I'd wait to see how things play out before you go hog wild with these. Don't want to jump the gun when we don't know if it's happening yet or not, especially if it does come true somewhere down the line.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'll go ahead and leave with this guys before I call it a night. I recommend checking out Stoic Seraphim on twitter if you haven't as that's the artist with the whole AT Prison idea in fanart and yeah, all I can say is I really want Waluigi and Geno both to make it to make the path clear for the Golden Boi. Isaac and Geno are my top #2 and Shantae is #3 but honestly we get these 3, I will never ask sakurai for anything ever again. View attachment 250681
I absolutely adore this art. I remain with high hopes for Isaac based on the current situation of the Golden Sun trademark that had all the updated categories and stuff, that just got approved this past November. Something GS has to come now eventually! :D

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Is Blade Strangers good? I remember being intrigued cause it had Shovel Knight and Gunvolt

I have this weird thing where if Shovel Knight got into Smash I want him to talk in like a super exaggerated deep boisterous knight voice and call his attacks. Like just imagine Chris Sabat screaming “Dust Knuckles!” and you’ve got what I’m going for
Never played it myself but I heard it was pretty good. It's actually very accessible since you only input single directions and buttons for attacks, kind of like Smash.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

View attachment 250741

Dang right it is!
Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Issac for sure

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'd wait to see how things play out before you go hog wild with these. Don't want to jump the gun when we don't know if it's happening yet or not, especially if it does come true somewhere down the line.
That's fair enough. However, I do want to get things going with it either way. Worst case scenario, I'll at least have had fun making a silly edit showcasing how a single Spirit and/or Assist Trophy being DLC can open the door for the rest.

Eh, I'll think this through after I awake up

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
That's fair enough. However, I do want to get things going with it either way. Worst case scenario, I'll at least have had fun making a silly edit showcasing how a single Spirit and/or Assist Trophy being DLC can open the door for the rest.

Eh, I'll think this through after I awake up
Well there's no harm in stockpiling them, good chance there'll be an opportunity coming at some point. But if , and that's a pretty good if, waluigi doesn't get revealed next week it's going to make any pre-celebration look rather foolish and the internet will make absolutely sure to let us know that.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I come back to see 15 or so pages have happened since I last checked.

I'm sure I missed a dozen or so instances of insider shenanigans (I guess something involving a daisy picture happened?)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

I'm sure I missed a dozen or so instances of insider shenanigans (I guess something involving a daisy picture happened?)
Smash Japan uploaded a bunch of celebratory screenshots for the one year anniversary

One picture had all of the DLC fighters posing with Mario; but Daisy for some reason was there too. So of course everyone assumes this is some big hint or tease over who Fighter 5 could be; when the more likely explanation is that she is there to balance out the picture, and both Plant and her are the two newcomers from the Mario franchise

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm caught up

If they don't have a smash announcement at the VGA's I'll tear my hair out. It just makes too much sense.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 250741

Dang right it is!
For spirit fighters, you should add Shantae and Rayman.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Smash Japan uploaded a bunch of celebratory screenshots for the one year anniversary

One picture had all of the DLC fighters posing with Mario; but Daisy for some reason was there too. So of course everyone assumes this is some big hint or tease over who Fighter 5 could be; when the more likely explanation is that she is there to balance out the picture, and both Plant and her are the two newcomers from the Mario franchise
Oh.

Im just going to assume it's nothing.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yo we did it Geno Gang! So a lot has happened since I was gone and this wild ride will not end!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Well there's no harm in stockpiling them, good chance there'll be an opportunity coming at some point. But if , and that's a pretty good if, waluigi doesn't get revealed next week it's going to make any pre-celebration look rather foolish and the internet will make absolutely sure to let us know that.
That's true. I'll probably risk end up looking like a moron if Waluigi or Geno are no-shows, but in any case, I'll at least keep it here and in a couple chats I'm in with cool peeps to prevent any shenanigans. Or not even that if things end up looking bad for them quickly.

For spirit fighters, you should add Shantae and Rayman.
Gotcha.

And Papagenos already got to cover it. Dude is fast

Papa at it again with his late night uploads lol. No way I'll be able to watch it now sadly, I gotta go to bed for realsies this time.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
And Papagenos already got to cover it. Dude is fast

Speaking of this, with his bringing up Chell, was Valve disconfirmed entirely, or just Gordon?

Because Chell/Portal content in Smash would be amazing. Having a GLaDOS secret taunt on the stage where she just mocks every character would be legit hilarious.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Speaking of this, with his bringing up Chell, was Valve disconfirmed entirely, or just Gordon?

Because Chell/Portal content in Smash would be amazing. Having a GLaDOS secret taunt on the stage where she just mocks every character would be legit hilarious.
I question Chel's ability to maneuver in competitive with only being able to use the floor; though having to mind the portals yourself as the opponent would make for some interesting mix-ups

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I'm a little tired and things went by so fast, but I'll try to summarize:
- Sora is pretty much disconfirmed for FP5.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

- Jon from Gamexplain put out a tweet that people, Sabi included, believed to be a hint that there won't be a Smash reveal at TGAs. After some confusion, it turned out that Jon has a running joke about people being disappointed when Smash info doesn't come during Directs, and this tweet meant nothing. It was also shown that Sabi's believing that it was a hint was merely his own speculation.
Screenshot_20191206-145707_Discord.jpg

- It's the one-year anniversary of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's release, and to commemorate this occasion the Japanese twitter account posted this tweet with four images. People noticed the last image has exclusively the DLC characters... and Daisy and Mario for some reason. While it's most likely that they just needed some characters to balance out the image and it's not a hint towards anything, people have begun to speculate as to what it could possibly be hinting towards, if anything.
DLC1Y.jpg

- Mario being in the image is speculated to be a placeholder for Captain Lou Albano our boy Geno, because Geno Thread gotta Geno.
- Daisy has been speculated to represent one of two things:

1 - She represents Waluigi, since both he and her are characters that are typically reserved for the spinoff games. Waluigi would also fit what we currently know about FP5... or rather, what we don't know. So far every possible character or company we've speculated FP5 to be/ be from has been shot down, but perhaps the company FP5 is actually the one right under our noses: Nintendo. Thus far, Waluigi hasn't been ruled out by insiders, so it's possible that he could be FP5.

Or 2 - She represents... well, Daisy, but a different one: Doomguy's pet rabbit, whose name is also Daisy. It would be a fitting reveal for TGAs, since DOOM is both very violent and very american, two things that the VGAs wouldn't be opposed to seeing. Plus, if it is Doomguy as FP5, then that could very well support the CacoMallow post. If Doomguy is revealed for Smash and he comes with the Cacodemon hat, then Geno's pretty much confirmed, and wynn728 wynn728 will have to make a post apologizing for being such a skeptical chungus. Of course Doomguy was specifically said to not be FP5 by insiders... but on the other hand, our friendly neighbourhood insiders are currently having doubts if there'll even be a reveal at TGAs, so take that as you will. For the recond, I'm not saying that any insiders are lying to us whatsoever, I'm just giving my own speculation as a layman.

- papagenos papagenos has heard a potential leak for Smash. The poster in question has told Papa that the Red Koopa Shell Hat from Smash 4 that didn't make it to Ultimate will be returning. He didn't really believe it at first due to it's very ho-hum nature, but after some deliberation and the one-year anniversary images, he's now considering the possibility that this post is legit, and that the hat could be coming with a Mario character, more specifically Waluigi. He's discussing what this could mean (if it means anything at all) with Sabi, so expect a follow-up of sorts by tomorrow, perhaps even a new video by Papa, since god knows we all need more PapaGenos in our lives!
EDIT: As I'm typing this up, he's already made the video!
wtfisgoingon.PNG

RedShellHat.jpg

1575680336472.png

1575680499393.png

- And last but certainly not least, as of yesterday, December 6th, 2019, the Smash Ultimate Geno Thread has become the biggest character thread in the site's history, beating out the Smash 4 Ridley Thread's epik, celestial, massive page count of 1952.

I hope this was a good enough recap for you!
Until next time...
GenoBoomer.png

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

- Jon from Gamexplain put out a tweet that people, Sabi included, believed to be a hint that there won't be a Smash reveal at TGAs. After some confusion, it turned out that Jon has a running joke about people being disappointed when Smash info doesn't come during Directs, and this tweet meant nothing. It was also shown that Sabi's believing that it was a hint was merely his own speculation.
View attachment 250764

- It's the one-year anniversary of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's release, and to commemorate this occasion the Japanese twitter account posted this tweet with four images. People noticed the last image has exclusively the DLC characters... and Daisy and Mario for some reason. While it's most likely that they just needed some characters to balance out the image and it's not a hint towards anything, people have begun to speculate as to what it could possibly be hinting towards, if anything.
View attachment 250765
- Mario being in the image is speculated to be a placeholder for Captain Lou Albano our boy Geno, because Geno Thread gotta Geno.

1 - She represents Waluigi, since both he and her are characters that are typically reserved for the spinoff games. Waluigi would also fit what we currently know about FP5... or rather, what we don't know. So far every possible character or company we've speculated FP5 to be/ be from has been shot down, but perhaps the company FP5 is actually the one right under our noses: Nintendo. Thus far, Waluigi hasn't been ruled out by insiders, so it's possible that he could be FP5.

Or 2 - She represents... well, Daisy, but a different one: Doomguy's pet rabbit, whose name is also Daisy. It would be a fitting reveal for TGAs, since DOOM is both very violent and very american, two things that the VGAs wouldn't be opposed to seeing. Plus, if it is Doomguy as FP5, then that could very well support the CacoMallow post. If Doomguy is revealed for Smash and he comes with the Cacodemon hat, then Geno's pretty much confirmed, and wynn728 wynn728 will have to make a post apologizing for being such a skeptical chungus. Of course Doomguy was specifically said to not be FP5 by insiders... but on the other hand, our friendly neighbourhood insiders are currently having doubts if there'll even be a reveal at TGAs, so take that as you will. For the recond, I'm not saying that any insiders are lying to us whatsoever, I'm just giving my own speculation as a layman.

- papagenos papagenos has heard a potential leak for Smash. The poster in question has told Papa that the Red Koopa Shell Hat from Smash 4 that didn't make it to Ultimate will be returning. He didn't really believe it at first due to it's very ho-hum nature, but after some deliberation and the one-year anniversary images, he's now considering the possibility that this post is legit, and that the hat could be coming with a Mario character, more specifically Waluigi. He's discussing what this could mean (if it means anything at all) with Sabi, so expect a follow-up of sorts by tomorrow, perhaps even a new video by Papa, since god knows we all need more PapaGenos in our lives!
View attachment 250772
View attachment 250773
View attachment 250774
View attachment 250775

- And last but certainly not least, as of yesterday, December 6th, 2019, the Smash Ultimate Geno Thread has become the biggest character thread in the site's history, beating out the Smash 4 Ridley Thread's epik, celestial, massive page count of 1952.

Until next time...
View attachment 250776

View attachment 250764

View attachment 250765

View attachment 250772
View attachment 250773
View attachment 250774
View attachment 250775

Until next time...
View attachment 250776
A very good sum-up of the current situation

Sora's deconfirmation is still a little up in the air. According to Naz I think somewhere on Twitter it's more a case of Sabi's source just not hearing anything about Sora, so it's more like an "Eh" [shrug] kind of deal

OffBi

Smash Ace
Man, this **** about the red shell leak is so goddamn interesting, Waluigi boyz here?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to crap for this but I'm going back to believe that we're not going to see any kind of promotion from Assist Trophies or Mii Costumes, and possibly even Spirits. Reason for that is because of Resident Evil Spirits.

The idea of promoting an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume means admitting that they aren't satisfying way to represent those characters, but Sakurai deep down thinks that Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes, and Spirits are the best way to include characters without making them playable. He thinks Assist Trophies are perfect way to include characters he believes have no real capability of being fighters. Mii Costumes are a way to feel like your playing as the characters that aren't there. And Spirits are a way to enjoy characters without them being playable.

There's no denying that this is his thought process. Sakurai was satisfied with ending Super Smash Bros Ultimate like this. If he didn't had that kind of mind set then that would mean he maliciously made these characters into these roles knowing that fans won't be happy. So to Sakurai fans of Shantae, Waluigi, Rex, Geno, and whoever are 100% happy with what was given. Now clearly that's not the case with the backlash, the reaction videos, and the continuous demand to get these characters playable, but that ain't registering with Sakurai. If you're get complaints about how you want these characters to be playable and disappointed with what happen to them then you don't go a year later and say "So what you guys really want is a Resident Evil Spirit Board." That Resident Evil Spirit Board coming in so late in this game's life cycle is just having all those complaints go right over Sakurai's head. You don't add on things that people are complaining about, just like how you don't fill a hole by making a deeper hole.

Sakurai feels like he accomplish his missions of representing many favorite characters despite the fact that people tell him that he hasn't. With that he's not going to go back and promote these characters, instead he's going to expand Smash Bros by represented characters that aren't in the game. He's satisfied with what he did, there's no reason for him to go back and polish when you can continue building. Maybe Spirits might be upgraded (but definitely not for the Fifth Fighter) but the ship has sailed for Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes.

Think about it. We never got a Mii Costume promoted to a fighter in the same game. We never got an Assist Trophy being DLC. We have all these comments from Sakurai about what he thinks of Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. And the point that's going to create a fuss, he was ready to end Smash Bros with these characters in those role and have Piranha Plant be playable despite saying they had limited time and resources on adding in additional characters.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I am not apologizing for crap if Doomguy gets in or if that Cacodemon hat is real. I take pretty much everything with a grain of salt when it comes to Smash Bros leaks.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to crap for this but I'm going back to believe that we're not going to see any kind of promotion from Assist Trophies or Mii Costumes, and possibly even Spirits. Reason for that is because of Resident Evil Spirits.

The idea of promoting an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume means admitting that they aren't satisfying way to represent those characters, but Sakurai deep down thinks that Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes, and Spirits are the best way to include characters without making them playable. He thinks Assist Trophies are perfect way to include characters he believes have no real capability of being fighters. Mii Costumes are a way to feel like your playing as the characters that aren't there. And Spirits are a way to enjoy characters without them being playable.

There's no denying that this is his thought process. Sakurai was satisfied with ending Super Smash Bros Ultimate like this. If he didn't had that kind of mind set then that would mean he maliciously made these characters into these roles knowing that fans won't be happy. So to Sakurai fans of Shantae, Waluigi, Rex, Geno, and whoever are 100% happy with what was given. Now clearly that's not the case with the backlash, the reaction videos, and the continuous demand to get these characters playable, but that ain't registering with Sakurai. If you're get complaints about how you want these characters to be playable and disappointed with what happen to them then you don't go a year later and say "So what you guys really want is a Resident Evil Spirit Board." That Resident Evil Spirit Board coming in so late in this game's life cycle is just having all those complaints go right over Sakurai's head. You don't add on things that people are complaining about, just like how you don't fill a hole by making a deeper hole.

Sakurai feels like he accomplish his missions of representing many favorite characters despite the fact that people tell him that he hasn't. With that he's not going to go back and promote these characters, instead he's going to expand Smash Bros by represented characters that aren't in the game. He's satisfied with what he did, there's no reason for him to go back and polish when you can continue building. Maybe Spirits might be upgraded (but definitely not for the Fifth Fighter) but the ship has sailed for Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes.

Think about it. We never got a Mii Costume promoted to a fighter in the same game. We never got an Assist Trophy being DLC. We have all these comments from Sakurai about what he thinks of Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. And the point that's going to create a fuss, he was ready to end Smash Bros with these characters in those role and have Piranha Plant be playable despite saying they had limited time and resources on adding in additional characters.
No. We are not doing this “SpIriTs DeCOnFirM” topic again.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Can we just agree to disagree on spirits? Not one person has changed their minds the last seven times we had this debate, and I don't see what makes this time any different.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You do realize we have only had DLC one time before this right? One time isn't a pattern friend.
Well we did have a total of 24 DLC Mii Costumes based on characters that didn't become playable in the game they were introduced and that pattern still continued with Ultimate and their new Mii Costumes. So clearly isn't a one time pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom