• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Paraphrasing here but: "Planning begun around E3 time to do something related to Smash at the game awards since the timeline synced up but I didn't know about Joker until 1-2 weeks before hand and I was the only one out of the video game awards team to know hence keeping it such a secret" -Geoff

So that's probably why nobody knew about Joker being announced beforehand as even insiders were bamboozled so if #5 is revealed at the game awards I wouldn't be surprised if only Geoff knew again hence why Sabi hasn't heard anything about a game awards announcement (yet). Interesting.
Very interesting indeed… Specially with the "i haven't heard" for Sora lol. Altho apparently he got deconfirmed by Sabi fully shortly after, altho i dunno if it was based on another vague wording or if he actually got some solid "no" from his source. -shrugs- This should be interesting, this still proves how far they can get with keeping things secret for an event like this.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I'll go ahead and leave with this guys before I call it a night. I recommend checking out Stoic Seraphim on twitter if you haven't as that's the artist with the whole AT Prison idea in fanart and yeah, all I can say is I really want Waluigi and Geno both to make it to make the path clear for the Golden Boi. Isaac and Geno are my top #2 and Shantae is #3 but honestly we get these 3, I will never ask sakurai for anything ever again.
Forbade.jpg

D

Deleted member

Yeah I doubt Waluigi tbh but

I would seriously laugh my ass off if that ended up happening because that is a hilarious way to end the fighter pass

(Not in a bad way btw, I'm chill with Wah.)

I also don't think Geno's costume would come with him. Given Geno is an SE rep, I feel like his costume would be with... well, someone from SE. Not only that, but if that also happened, then what about Chocobo, eh?
Potentially another Square rep or randomly someone else. We had costumes from different companies for Banjo even though he doesn’t have any Microsoft costumes. I don’t think it matters that much to Sakurai about what 3rd party costumes going into a pack unrelated or not.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'll go ahead and leave with this guys before I call it a night. I recommend checking out Stoic Seraphim on twitter if you haven't as that's the artist with the whole AT Prison idea in fanart and yeah, all I can say is I really want Waluigi and Geno both to make it to make the path clear for the Golden Boi. Isaac and Geno are my top #2 and Shantae is #3 but honestly we get these 3, I will never ask sakurai for anything ever again. View attachment 250681
I've stumbled across this guy's work before and it's outstanding! I absolutely love the idea of fellow deconfirmed Assist Trophy/Spirit characters gathering up like that.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You know what? I've been dumping on this Daisy image talk but I think I'll get into it!

I'm going to make a bold statement and say that it's a hint for TRACER!

Think about it, visually Daisy isn't that far apart from Tracer; they share three traits:
Ladies
The color orange
Brown hair

1575689832231.png

She was never deconfirmed all together; nor has Blizzard or Activision been snapped, only Crash

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I've been dumping on this Daisy image talk but I think I'll get into it!

Think about it, visually Daisy isn't that far apart from Tracer; they share three traits:
Ladies
The color orange
Brown hair

View attachment 250690

She was never deconfirmed all together; nor has Blizzard or Activision been snapped, only Crash

Actually she got deconfirmed for 5 at the same time as crash

Grumbo

Smash Ace
What are some deconfirmed characters you want to be promoted other than Geno and Waluigi, guys? Can be a Spirit, an Assist Trophy and/or a Mii Costume, but I can only select a few to put in my next meme (I'll put the others in the backburner for a possible later one, though).
My boi Isaac for sure. Bomberman, Shovel Knight and Skull Kid are up there for me. Knuckles and Zero would also be really cool additions

Ladies
The color orange
Brown hair

View attachment 250690

Sakurai I want my money back

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> Red Shell leak
> Red Shell mii hat from Smash 4 is missing
> A red shell goes well with Waluigi, just like bob-ombs and the Blue Shell

Oh crap.

Is he coming?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Ladies
The color orange
Brown hair

View attachment 250690

Yeah I'm thinking she's in.

chrome_2019-12-06_21-49-51.png chrome_2019-12-06_21-49-59.png

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Ladies
The color orange
Brown hair

View attachment 250690

If anything that would be Arle. Orange hair and all

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey, just to double check, do we know when the pass was finalized?
Early November.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Very interesting indeed… Specially with the "i haven't heard" for Sora lol. Altho apparently he got deconfirmed by Sabi fully shortly after, altho i dunno if it was based on another vague wording or if he actually got some solid "no" from his source. -shrugs- This should be interesting, this still proves how far they can get with keeping things secret for an event like this.
The big twist here will be that Nintendo has nothing to show at the VGAs. Their mindset will be that you can't leak something that doesn't exist. Their 5th dimension chess playing has fooled us again.

Then character 5 will be Pink Gold Mid-Life Crisis Toadette in a Cat Suit.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm out too... This has been a crazy couple of days, seems like now even the Video Game Awards might even have the awnsers for who character #5 is.

Regardless. I'm happy we're finding this all out and I'm still excited for whenever this character is revealed.

Things keep getting crazy. But it's a fun ride all the same. Even if the character is not someone that's industry shaking I'm still excited to find out who it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think I am going to be turning in. With all this Waluigi stuff, the thread becoming the biggest newcomer support thread, the memes and the anniversary being upon us, I think this thread had a very good day.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The Red Shell isnt the only Smash 4 hat that has not returned, right? Don't you think it is just possible they just decided to cut it. It's kind of an underwhelming mii hat

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The Red Shell isnt the only Smash 4 hat that has not returned, right? Don't you think it is just possible they just decided to cut it. It's kind of an underwhelming mii hat
See, that's the thing about the Red Shell in Smash Bros.... Just like in 64, even if you throw it away, it tends to come right back anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom