• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
WOOOOOOO BREAKING RECORDS, PEOPLE! Congrats, everyone! It's been an honor to be a part of this.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, who would've guessed it that the conversation before we realized we were about to hit the milestone was that of Waluigi possibly getting in?
Waluigi was the climax of our epic Geno novel. I can't believe it, the funny wah man was our redemption arc?!

I must stay tuned to see what happens next in the brilliant epoch of Star boi and wah man.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I hope we get them revealed close to each other because after the doom incident I would love to see the fanworks made with those two. Still opposites but in a very different way this time.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, with how far we have come, how many of us even remember where our first thread posts are? Might be a fun thing to look back on.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, with how far we have come, how many of us even remember where our first thread posts are? Might be a fun thing to look back on.
I sure as hell don't, but I remember how shy I was.

Now I just hang around to ****post and talk about how cute Geno is :drflip:

D

Deleted member

I don't remember specifically, but I'm fairly certain my first post here was to tell someone they were wrong about something. I mean, that's like 90% of what I say to people anyway, so the odds are in my favor.

It was literally less than half a year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The red shell theory is interesting. I forgot that that this was a Mii Fighter hat. It's kind of bittersweet to think Geno's chances could end with Waluigi reveal. I just don't know if I could see an assist trophy actually making the cut though. That would be the surprise of the century.

Still hoping no other Square/Mario characters appear in the mean time.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I just had a very humorous thought.

Tomorrow, December 7th, is the true anniversary of Smash Ultimate's release.

Do you know what else contains a 7?

I'll give you a hint; A certain lanky, purple-hued doppelganger wears two of them on his face.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mysterious shadow-drop on THE day for Smash Ultimate? I wahnder... :4pacman:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I've been in and out when I was most active in the Banjo thread (And I sort of became a big-ish name due to my involvement with the Minecraft manager fiasco), I don't even remember what my post could have been

D

Deleted member

All of my beloved contreras congratulating all of you for Record-breaking day:

C8F21309-DCBF-49E9-B091-E4C21DDB88FB.jpeg

It surely took me quite a good amount of time to finally have them all in, and hopefully Ovaltine Ovaltine , Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and everyone else at the thread will finally get the Starsend Savior into Smash Ultimate in the near future!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
First post was right here just like the rest of them. Never really cared much for the smash speculation scene just wanted to talk about characters I liked and crack dumb jokes.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
My first thread post was a heartfelt introduction here a month ago lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I sure as hell don't, but I remember how shy I was.

Now I just hang around to ****post and talk about how cute Geno is :drflip:
The thread wouldn't be the same without. Or any of us, for that matter.

I can still find my first post, but that's just because it was so early in this threads history.
I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.
Also, thanks to everyone else responding to this query in the time I was making this post. It's always fun to hear this sort of thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The red shell theory is interesting. I forgot that that this was a Mii Fighter hat. It's kind of bittersweet to think Geno's chances could end with Waluigi reveal. I just don't know if I could see an assist trophy actually making the cut though. That would be the surprise of the century.

Still hoping no additional Square/Mario characters appear in the mean time.
I would have fears about Mario characters meaning diminished Geno chances, but like... out of all of the franchises in Smash, Mario is the one that deserves to have half the roster's worth of characters. Yeah, maybe Mario isn't Nintendo's #1 seller anymore, but there's so many potential picks from what has to be coming close to 100 games. Like, if people put their fan theories and their bias aside for a second, I think most people would agree that when you compile a list of characters that you can say "it's odd they aren't playable in Smash", most of the people on it are gonna end up being Mario characters - very specifically Waluigi or a variety of characters from the RPG titles.

A Square character who isn't Geno, though, that's scary business.

D

Deleted member

I would have fears about Mario characters meaning diminished Geno chances, but like... out of all of the franchises in Smash, Mario is the one that deserves to have half the roster's worth of characters. Yeah, maybe Mario isn't Nintendo's #1 seller anymore, but there's so many potential picks from what has to be coming close to 100 games. Like, if people put their fan theories and their bias aside for a second, I think most people would agree that when you compile a list of characters that you can say "it's odd they aren't playable in Smash", most of the people on it are gonna end up being Mario characters - very specifically Waluigi or a variety of characters from the RPG titles.

A Square character who isn't Geno, though, that's scary business.
One of my pipe dream most wanted picks is actually Pauline, ngl.

If Waluigi and Geno both end up getting in, hopefully she wouldn’t have so much problem for the next Smash game.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My first post was on the 22nd of June in the Banjo thread and I was beyond estatic that Banjo was finally in.
https://smashboards.com/threads/ban...-project-dream-come-true.446558/post-23457353
My first post in this thread was speculating about Geno and talking about the BIRB THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS.
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/post-23457440

By the by, if anyone wants to check to see their first posts, click on your username on the top bar, click on "Your content", and go all the way to the end.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the more I think about it the more I think Waluigi would be saved for post-pass since what content could he really bring alongside him? Wah still needs a Spirit board, Music, A Stage, Mii Costumes, Etc.

Mii Costumes could be some Mario mii costumes (Red Shell hat) mixed with some Warioware costumes (Jimmy T, Mona and 9-volt) and maybe a Waluigi Pinball stage but what about Spirits? We aren't promised those for post-pass and for pass characters we are yet I can't think of anything for Wah.

idk if he's in it's most likely the first character of post-pass rather than the last initial fighters pass character imo. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think there's much he could bring in terms of spirits at least.

Anyways I'm going to sleep good night everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wait does the fact that we surpassed the size of the Ridley thread mean were to big to be playable now? :laugh:

Edit: oof got ninja'd hard on that one

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I remember my very first post very well because it was exactly in this thread and I spent like an hour and a half writing it, lmao. I haven't yet posted in any other threads as a matter of fact.

Yo, just your usual thread lurker passing by here. I was never much of a forum goer myself, but I've been reading through you guys' conversations here since right before the SNK trademark slip up on Nintendo UK's website and I've been hooked since. So much has happened here in just that small timeframe between then and now it's astounding. To call Geno's saga (and Smash speculation in general, really) a rollercoaster is one hell of an understatement lmao. The constant sudden turns of events, not to mention the miscellaneous other discussions, always keep me coming back.

On the topic of Geno himself, I'll admit, I didn't get the chance to grow up with SMRPG as many of you must have, but I have known about and been intrigued about both for a long time. Throughout the years I've seen a multitude of people everywhere on the internet singing their praises, drawing fanart and sharing their memories of this one puppet boi and his game of origin, and being as much of a fan of the Mario series as I am, I had to check out what the fuss was all about sooner or later... and it turned out to be later Well, when the time came that I became more invested in Smash speculation after E3 2018 and the ****ing bombshell that was Ridley, I began to root for Geno the same way I did for everyone's favorite space pterodactyl beforehand. I just like seeing fan favorites like them making it even if I'm not personally attached to them, y'know? From there on I went to witness his rising popularity and expectation, the incessant leaks of varying credibility surrounding him, the entire Grinch fiasco and the Spirit deconfirmation ****show- uhhh, debate.

Then, in mid-December, I did it. I got around to playing SMRPG on my SNES mini after making sure I had access to all the first three Paper Mario games because I also really wanted to play/replay them following it. . Had a blast from start to finish, getting invested in its world, story and characters, listening to Yoko Shimomura's absolute banger of a soundtrack and even learning to like the turn based battle system I was kinda unsure if I'd really enjoy. And on top of that, I really appreciated how much it helped flesh the Mario universe with more personality and lore than any game in the franchise before, as well as starting a legacy of awesome RPGs set in the Mario franchise with the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series, both of which being in a rather sad state right now unfortunately.

And that's where Geno comes in. Much as I love the rest of the cast in the game, he really stood out. I feel I don't even need to explain why given how I'm probably in the largest concentration of Geno fanboys on the internet, but I'll do it anyway: he's a star being sent by a higher authority to put an end to the Smithy Gang's takeover of Mario's dimension and repair Star Road by possessing the coolest looking doll I've ever seen which has ****ING GUNS AND ROCKETS INSIDE HIS FINGERS AND HANDS!!! Yeah, I was won over.

All of that blended together made me want him in Smash about as badly as everyone else. My support of longstanding requests like him, my attachment to the character, however recent, his brilliant moveset potential and the prospect of more representation of this rad part of the Mario franchise that just doesn't get enough love in Smash imo. I rarely ever write freaking essays that are as long or elaborate as this, but I just really felt the urge to show my support lmao. Also, expect me to like and leave remarks here when I feel like it I guess.

Stay strong, Genobros, and here's to a bright future for our star warrior!

jk, this is all just a ruse. screw geno, rise up team mallow :drflip:

D

Deleted member

By the by, if anyone wants to check to see their first posts, click on your username on the top bar, click on "Your content", and go all the way to the end.
Useful tip.

No introduction. No formalities.
Even if we ignore that "hype" for characters didn't really kick off until Brawl, Ness, Wolf and Bayonetta were big boy hype. By this pattern the last character for Ultimate is gonna be hype too.
This lead into me telling R RetrogamerMax that... you guessed it: he's wrong.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Ya take a break from the thread for a few days and have nearly 30 pages to comb through on your return.

Do you people realize how many posts I had to stop and like on the way here?! (Especially that one meme where I was used!)

*Realizes where here is*

OH CRAP I MISSED IT.

CONGRA—*gets hit by the hype Train*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think #5 will go over well. All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice. Yeah, there could still be curve balls (including one potential one that might as well be a sign of the End Times) but currently it looks like Sakurai was very serious of bringing in more fan requests for wrapping up the roster. That said, I really wouldn't stress the coming days too much.
If Waluigi really does happen, I'm going to fly to the NoA source's house and kick his ass because the ************ has been saying he's heard Waluigi since the summer but every time he said it we thought he was ****posting. If he was unironically telling us #5 all along, after I kick his ass, I'm probably going to buy him a 6 pack of beer (well, send him money for it anyways) because, holy hell, this may wind up being the biggest troll in Smash history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom