• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Geno and Isaac are the characters I know that would best fit the Banjo of the pass description.
Both of these are perfect E3 enders, would be happy with both.
On the topic of Isaac, I recall there being a rumor by Zippo saying "Mario Golf first half of 2021"
If you recall that or if you're seeing it the first time via this message, don't believe it, there is no Mario Golf in development, and even if there was, there is no way for it to release so quickly when it's already been confirmed via trademarks Camelot is working on something Golden Sun, likely the Golden Sun remakes.
It's even more fitting for them to have the GS remakes next year as it'll be Golden Sun's 20th Anniversary.

So have faith the sun will raise again before Mario Golf makes a return.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some users at the Newcomer Thread are thinking this is a smash hint, from Khan.

It could also be referring to the Kratos and Master Chief costumes - from what I recall, his Smash hints tend to make it clear that he's talking about Smash. That was the case for Min Min, at least. I can't remember if it was him or another insider who made a reference on Twitter that got people thinking that Steve was going to be added.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It could also be referring to the Kratos and Master Chief costumes - from what I recall, his Smash hints tend to make it clear that he's talking about Smash. That was the case for Min Min, at least. I can't remember if it was him or another insider who made a reference on Twitter that got people thinking that Steve was going to be added.
Kratos is owned by Sony so that's extremely unlikely. A Master Chief costume is possible though unless they want to do a third season of DLC and have him be the last Microsoft rep for the game.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Some users at the Newcomer Thread are thinking this is a smash hint, from Khan.

god people have really gone off the deep-end to what they think are hints.
This is not a hint, I think people only saw the words "Fortnite", "Sonic shooting Mario", and "It’s a cartoony crossover of video game characters murdering each other", which is what Fortnite... is.
His Smash hints are very clear that they are for Smash, like the Min Min and possible Geno ones, he kept on talking about Smash because that's what he's hinting at, with this? He's just pointing out how far Fortnite has come.

I wouldn't look into this anyways, Steve and a Fortnite rep would be too similar for Sakurai to allow both within the pass, just due to what they represent and how they play in terms of building, destroying, etc.

Best Fortnite will get is... say it with me now...
1607135791580.png

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Kratos is owned by Sony so that's extremely unlikely. A Master Chief costume is possible though unless they want to do a third season of DLC and have him be the last Microsoft rep for the game.
True. But honestly, Microsoft is such a big name in general that it wouldn't surprise or shock me in the slightest if Nintendo allowed them to double dip in the same Season Pass.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I guess I should clarify; I meant the Kratos and Master Chief costumes that were added to Fortnite.

D

Deleted member

I think he’s just referring too how big Fortnite is. Just making note of it. At least Imran would know something better then some of these so called speculation people who are like OMG this person is character in Smash they are 8 like you don’t jack **** sit down shut up and wait to find out who the next character is like everyone

Sorry these people are just so annoying sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As big as Fortnite is, I highly doubt they will get a character. I mean it'a a popular franchise, but not many people are screaming their butts off to get a Fortnite rep in Smash even though being popular isn't the only thing that could get a character in. I just think legacy wise and popularity wise, Nintendo will go with other big western names before they put a Fortnite rep in.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
What we could expect in terms of a CP 8 reveal could be something akin to Steve's; a few days after the September VS Challenge Cup tournament ended, it was announced that Sakurai would be revealing CP 7 in a short video. The same could be done for CP 8 with Sakurai revealing it in a short video a few days after December's tournament concludes, and follow up with a Mr. Sakurai Presents video showcasing the character two or three days later. CP 8 release (depending on when it ends up being revealed) could still be within December.

D

Deleted member

Yeah it’s probably just a Mii costume.

Does Fortnite deserve to be in yes I do like it I would not mind Jonsey.

But if anything it’s probably just a Mii and we should not expect anything other then that.

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
A moment of reflection.

After Steve's reveal, it was confirmed a few days later that negotiations for adding him along with Minecraft content to Super Smash Bros. was approximately five years in the making. Five years.

Most long-running video game franchises usually celebrate their anniversaries in multiples of five; i.e. 5 year, 10 years, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, etc. Five years.

Cloud was added to Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS on December 15th, 2015. By December 15th of this year, it will have been five years since a Square Enix character joined the roster. Five years. In addition to Cloud's inclusion, Geno's Mii Costume was also added on that day.

2021 would mark the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Now, how adequate it would be if in order to bring back this title to the awareness of a newer audience (whether it be with the game's inclusion to the NSO SNES Library, or a remake to release in 2021), Geno were revealed the day following the Super Mario-themed Smash tournament, and ended up being available on December 25th; Christmas Day?

Not too long ago, I believe it was in one of Sakurai's Famitus columns, he stated to being excited to reveal the next Smash fighter (this well after Steve was revealed).
i like this theory. though it's less of a theory and more of facts and what not, i still like how this is going

while we know sakurai doesn't, or rather really can't explain his favorite games cause "HUR DUR SAKURAI'S FAVORITE GAME IS (insert name of game here) WHICH MEANS (insert character of said game here) IS IN!"

we DEFINETLY could tell that sakurai was happy to include terry and introduce the fatal fury series to many smash players out there. so if this next reveal is someone he's happy to reveal about, then it POSSIBLY means it's from a game that he likes. though i'm not one to look into things like this,

also hi, been some time since i've really discussed anything in here. hope everyone is doing alright! VGA's is next week and whether there is smash news or not, i'll be pretty excited to at least watch it when i can.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
As big as Fortnite is, I highly doubt they will get a character. I mean it'a a popular franchise, but not many people are screaming their butts off to get a Fortnite rep in Smash even though being popular isn't the only thing that could get a character in. I just think legacy wise and popularity wise, Nintendo will go with other big western names before they put a Fortnite rep in.
If Nintendo added Jonesy, it wouldn't be because people are clamoring for it. It would be because it could convince the super committed Fornite crowd to buckle up and buy a switch and Smash. And there's nothing wrong with that IMO. Business is business, and Fortnite is still relevant.

I don't think it'll happen though, because I'm not sure Fortnite has been at the level of "huge" long enough to overlap with when they chose DLC characters. Unless they decided members of this last fighters pass in like, late 2018 to mid 2019.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna hold my breath on anything being revealed at the VGA's, though I would like one to happen and I like to think we can get at least one more reveal before the end of the year.
That being said, Swedish Chef's my favorite Muppet so him being there give me a good reason to watch the VGA's now!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
No matter what happens in terms of Smash Reveals, TGA's better have something to make watching TLOU2 sweep multiple awards for "no reason at all" worth it.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
god people have really gone off the deep-end to what they think are hints.
This is not a hint, I think people only saw the words "Fortnite", "Sonic shooting Mario", and "It’s a cartoony crossover of video game characters murdering each other", which is what Fortnite... is.
His Smash hints are very clear that they are for Smash, like the Min Min and possible Geno ones, he kept on talking about Smash because that's what he's hinting at, with this? He's just pointing out how far Fortnite has come.

I wouldn't look into this anyways, Steve and a Fortnite rep would be too similar for Sakurai to allow both within the pass, just due to what they represent and how they play in terms of building, destroying, etc.

Best Fortnite will get is... say it with me now...
View attachment 294232
Hold on here
In this Tweet, Imran mentions the hit, world famous well known shooter Fortnite
A fortnight means two weeks
Two weeks is 14 days
Fighter 14 is Bowser
Bowser is in the cult classic roleplaying game Super Mario RPG
Mallow is also in that game
The CacoMallow leak has strong implications for Geno to be in Smash
Yup that's right
Conker is a lock

It may seem like that's faulty logic, but I assure you, it's just as sensical as believing this has anything to do with Fortnite being in Smash

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Some music while we wait for the inevitable and the thread keeps fighting over what characters have worth to get into smash.
( IMO, everyone,except byleth, yes, it´s been a year and I will not let go.)
Anyways, I will probably be playing Cybpunk 77 while watching the vgas or coming home from work. I have very little expectations for a smash dlc, but it´s the last chance for the year. If not, we will definitely hear something in january, whether it´s a teaser, announcement for the teaser or the actual dlc, it´s anyone´s guess.
if there is a dlc announcement on the vgas, chance are it´s either Dante, Crash or Doomguy. I doubt it will be Geno.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Neither am I, but some game announcements might be fun to see.
Well, I won't be watching it as I got bored from only watching several minutes of it last year and I stopped watching very early on. I won't waste a hour of my life or any of my time watching it even for the slim possibility of a Smash reveal.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So... Expectations for the VGAs? I'm honestly not expecting a Smash reveal.
Nope nothing. We're waiting until January, latest being February.

Joker was probably much a surprise and exception and I wouldn't expect a Smash reveal at the VGA ever again, anyone who does are setting themselves up for disappointment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I won't be watching it as I got bored from only watching several minutes of it last year and I stopped watching very early on. I won't waste a hour of my life or any of my time watching it even for the slim possibility of a Smash reveal.
Maybe, but there is more to the Game Awards than just Smash.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I've grown to expect character reveals roughly every 90-100 days, so I'd be surprised if they waited until February for Fighter 8. Byleth to Min Min was the longest time in between releases, and given the complexities of the latter and Steve the delay makes some sense in hindsight. I've got somewhere in the first two weeks of January (ala Byleth) for my predicted date window.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just some theorycraft on why this month could pan out:

-Amiibo waves already scheduled for February and late March. There was an Amiibo wave in November but there was no Smash Amiibo so the theory that Amiibo Theory is only applicable to Smash Amiibo was confirmed. Smash Amiibo (rereleases like with Min Min) have a decent chance of showing up with these waves but that probably won't leak until January. Like I pointed out the other day, characters releasing in February (or close to it like Byleth) and April has had an almost perfect track record since Smash 4 so this should definitely be noted.

-Except when delays happen, DLC has a consistent history of being split apart by roughly 2 to 2.5 months. It's crazy to think about but it's already been two months since Steve's reveal. On this note...

-Sakurai has openly admitted that presentations are usually recorded about two months before a characters release. Joker was February, Hero was early June, Banjo was early August, Terry was September, Byleth was November, Min Min was early May, and Steve was August. Based on this, there's a very high chance that 8's presentation was recorded around Steve's announcement or release in October.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just some theorycraft on why this month could pan out:

-Amiibo waves already scheduled for February and late March. There was an Amiibo wave in November but there was no Smash Amiibo so the theory that Amiibo Theory is only applicable to Smash Amiibo was confirmed. Smash Amiibo (rereleases like with Min Min) have a decent chance of showing up with these waves but that probably won't leak until January. Like I pointed out the other day, characters releasing in February (or close to it like Byleth) and April has had an almost perfect track record since Smash 4 so this should definitely be noted.

-Except when delays happen, DLC has a consistent history of being split apart by roughly 2 to 2.5 months. It's crazy to think about but it's already been two months since Steve's reveal. On this note...

-Sakurai has openly admitted that presentations are usually recorded about two months before a characters release. Joker was February, Hero was early June, Banjo was early August, Terry was September, Byleth was November, Min Min was early May, and Steve was August. Based on this, there's a very high chance that 8's presentation was recorded around Steve's announcement or release in October.
Yep, that sounds about right. Chances are Sakurai's finished the presentation for FP8 a while ago. Also, happy birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom