• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yep, that sounds about right. Chances are Sakurai's finished the presentation for FP8 a while ago. Also, happy birthday.
Thank you.

That's sort of the thing too. This year had characters announced and released in the same month but that's uncommon with Smash history. Except Roy (a returning veteran) and Ryu, the 2 to 2.5 month gap has held consistent until this year. Byleth was very late January so close to the February mark that Corrin, Bayo, and Plant hit. We have good evidence that Min-Min was supposed to be April so, again, that 2-2.5 month gap if it wasn't for delays. Min Min was borderline a July release so adding this time frame, we land at half way through September, only a few weeks off from what ultimately happened in early October. With Nintendo announcing "things are back on schedule" back in September, I suspect they're going to try to get back on this schedule in 2021 and they can do this in one of two ways:

-December reveal and release of 8. 9 is sometime in February, probably announced sometime in January.

-December reveal of 8 but they don't release until late January at the earliest. 9 is sometime in April.

In my opinion, there's also a third option to do this but it's expecting a little much and that's both 8 and 9 are December reveals but 9 doesn't release until February like Corrin and Bayo did in 2016. Definitely a crazy way to wrap up the year but, currently, I honestly think it will be the first option and 2021 will go "back to normal" for DLC time gaps.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fun fact: did you know that people born in December are the most likely to live over 100?
I never heard that. Interesting. Some people in my family have lived close or over 100. My great grandmother from my mom's side lived until she was 90 and my great grandmother from my dad's side lived until she was 105. It would be crazy if I live that long.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thank you.

That's sort of the thing too. This year had characters announced and released in the same month but that's uncommon with Smash history. Except Roy (a returning veteran) and Ryu, the 2 to 2.5 month gap has held consistent until this year. Byleth was very late January so close to the February mark that Corrin, Bayo, and Plant hit. We have good evidence that Min-Min was supposed to be April so, again, that 2-2.5 month gap if it wasn't for delays. Min Min was borderline a July release so adding this time frame, we land at half way through September, only a few weeks off from what ultimately happened in early October. With Nintendo announcing "things are back on schedule" back in September, I suspect they're going to try to get back on this schedule in 2021 and they can do this in one of two ways:

-December reveal and release of 8. 9 is sometime in February, probably announced sometime in January.

-December reveal of 8 but they don't release until late January at the earliest. 9 is sometime in April.

In my opinion, there's also a third option to do this but it's expecting a little much and that's both 8 and 9 are December reveals but 9 doesn't release until February like Corrin and Bayo did in 2016. Definitely a crazy way to wrap up the year but, currently, I honestly think it will be the first option and 2021 will go "back to normal" for DLC time gaps.
My guess is they're doing the former option for FP8 in that it's a December reveal and release since they would only have 3 fighters to worry about in 2021.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Does anybody have a list of the characters that were used for each Challenge Cup before a new character was revealed? This next Challenge Cup has every Smash fighter that’s been in a Mario game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom