• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna cut my losses and skip out on TGA this year. I'd rather have a new reveal I don't get to see live then waste a couple hours of my life and feel physically older after the fact for nothing.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, I'm going to be real here, we either get the reveal at the Game Awards (unlikely at best) or we are waiting until 2021 for 8. I just don't think there is any substantial evidence actually pointing towards a major presentation in December, there just isn't. The best thing we had was the maintenance and it's almost certain that was for the System Update we just got.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I mean, I'm going to be real here, we either get the reveal at the Game Awards (unlikely at best) or we are waiting until 2021 for 8. I just don't think there is any substantial evidence actually pointing towards a major presentation in December, there just isn't. The best thing we had was the maintenance and it's pretty obvious that was likely for the System Update we just got.
So basically

We're waiting until 2021.

Got it.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Huh, no new NES and SNES games for NSO for next week. Guess we’ll have to wait more. Not sure what’s taking so long considering the gap for new games is usually two months.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 294058

Nintendo finally got off their smelly, sweaty asses and announced the next Challenge Cup! It starts on December 12th.

That’s good that we finally got an date. Not sure if anything will happen around that time, but at least we know now.
Also, upon checking the website, it seems that the tournament will actually include the other Mario sub-series(DK, Yoshi and Wario)! Not sure why it wasn’t marketed in the first place but it’s good that they can be used in the tournament.

Reactions: QQS

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, so the tournament probably concludes on the 12th then in this case. With that, we could still potentially see an announcement or reveal/release for FP8 before the year's over! Plus, it's perfect timing since the Game Awards will be over by that point

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, there you have it. A legitimate reason to seriously consider the week after the Game Awards considering what happened last time:

QQS

Smash Lord
BDF45896-A4FC-4753-986B-CB2D57C001E6.jpeg

Dont forget this cause the Boss once wanted him, he is a SNES icon and Square already has his 2 babies playable (FF-DQ) so it’s finally time.

ALSO NEVER FORGET that Sakurai liked this handycrafted Geno made by its owner:

CAC1CB4D-4E6B-4459-9E6B-7CA24EDF4A49.jpeg
4402D886-5F1D-4295-9DF4-0446587C4887.jpeg

Add this to all the List, mostly the missing costume, Smash that will make everyone happy, takedowns, back to basics tendency, spirit do not deconfirm, fan demand fulfilled already, etc and GENO IS IN!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's this from mid November thanks to G0nard:

Official tournaments have a very close proximity with reveals and releases. Byleth, Min Min, and Steve were separated from their closest official tournaments by less than a week.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
View attachment 294058

Nintendo finally got off their smelly, sweaty asses and announced the next Challenge Cup! It starts on December 12th.

Steve was revealed the week following the last Challenge Cup.

Please tell me there's a history of characters being revealed after Challenge Cup tournaments and that Steve wasn't a one-off...

EDIT: Fatman :ultgreninja:'d me. Guess there is a bit of history of this.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Interesting. The fact that this Challlenge Cup is specifically focused on Mario characters definitely gives me hope about the possibility that this tournament could be a lead-up to a Mario character, which definitely gives me a lot of hope for Geno. Their has been precedence of Challenge Cups ending close to a reveal of a character as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has shown, so here's hoping!

My only real worry is that I do feel the Mario tournament and Challenge Cup would have made complete sense to save until AFTER the Mario character was revealed, but I don't think this hurts Geno's chances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom