• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You guys can't be seriously falling for this…

Why does it matter the join date and for how long the account hasn't been used?

Anyone can link a profile site from someone on a different website. How does this prove its yours at all?

Guys don't be so gullible. There has to be actual proof of who a person is, not stuff anyone can do or say. Whether that even requires a mod verifying it or something, you need solid proof.
Tansut

T-800

seems legit to me :shades:

-seriously, though, yeah I guess it could just be someone who’s lurked/been away for a longtime and just now decided to post/come back.

Though I think it’s as simple as asking him through DM or something on ResetEra, or if his about page shows his account for here, now. (I don’t have an account on there so I can’t see)

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
Don’t expect anything at The Game Awards myself but I still think and hope Geno is coming.
It probably won't be until after the tournament on the 12th. I am still hoping Geno is on board. At this point, I'm just missing that sweet Mii Gunner outfit.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You guys can't be seriously falling for this…

Why does it matter the join date and for how long the account hasn't been used?

Anyone can link a profile site from someone on a different website. How does this prove its yours at all?

Guys don't be so gullible. There has to be actual proof of who a person is, not stuff anyone can do or say. Whether that even requires a mod verifying it or something, you need solid proof.
I agree with Serenade. It would be kind of weird for someone to log on for the first time in 6 years just to LARP as Tansut. Hardly the bamboozle of the century. Yeah, the internet is full of ****heads but this would just be kind of dumb because it would result in little more than "haha, gottem." Returning for the first time in 6 years just to troll the Geno fanbase for a few hours seems like a waste of energy and I'd like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt that he isn't GameFAQs levels of petty.

D

Deleted member

Tansut

T-800

seems legit to me :shades:

-seriously, though, yeah I guess it could just be someone who’s lurked/been away for a longtime and just now decided to post/come back.

Though I think it’s as simple as asking him through DM or something on ResetEra, or if his about page shows his account for here, now. (I don’t have an account on there so I can’t see)
Yeah that's another thing that gets me, imagine not posting on a website for half a decade and then coming back one morning just to say "hey I'm the dude that cryptically hinted at Cloud and said TWEWY is happening... heard anything about Geno?" If I wanted to pretend to be someone I'd start blasting out some real ****.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well I can't see the page since I don't have any intention of signing up at Era but it'd be pretty telling for someone to update their about page on a different website to prove that they own the other account.

I mean damn bro, chill out. It's not like this literal who rolled into the thread and said "you might know me as Tansut and Geno's a costume slob on my knob lmao", he basically came here and said "I'm tansut and I don't know a god damned thing anymore". Barely dangerous.
Why does it matter how he says it, if you're still falling for it, lol. I don't have to chill cause I already am. I'm just baffled how quickly fall for this. How can not anyone with a decently inactive account come back and try to pretend to be someone? it's like you guys have forgotten all the ways you have been played before. But oh well, just tried to warn ya. I only believe someone when I have something solid to go on, not something anyone can do. Good luck to you all, hopefully it turns well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, if Tansut has not heard about Geno, does that mean Geno is potentially not next?

D

Deleted member

Why does it matter how he says it, if you're still falling for it, lol. I don't have to chill cause I already am. I'm just baffled how quickly fall for this. How can not anyone with a decently inactive account come back and try to pretend to be someone? it's like you guys have forgotten all the ways you have been played before. But oh well, just tried to warn ya. I only believe someone when I have something solid to go on, not something anyone can do. Good luck to you all, hopefully it turns well.
Because he hasn't said anything to "believe"?

"Hey I'm Tansut"
"cool welcome to hell"

"HAHA I TROL U LMAOOOOO XD"

1607095202889.png

Like I said, I'd understand if he rolled in here posting "leaks" and "hot knowledge" but just like... until he does who cares.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I agree with Serenade. It would be kind of weird for someone to log on for the first time in 6 years just to LARP as Tansut. Hardly the bamboozle of the century. Yeah, the internet is full of ****heads but this would just be kind of dumb because it would result in little more than "haha, gottem." Returning for the first time in 6 years just to troll the Geno fanbase for a few hours seems like a waste of energy and I'd like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt that he isn't GameFAQs levels of petty.
Weren't the Grinch leak and ArtsyOmni's Rayman leak just made so people could say "ha! Gotcha!"? (well, ArtsyOmni also might have been trying to promote Smashified, which got out of hand) It would be helpful if anyone here actually had a Reset Era account to verify that Tansut's profile has changed, or that it shows that this is their SB account (I don't have a Reset Era account, so clicking on that link asks me to log in).

While I don't see any reason to assume that they're lying, the only proof can only be seen by Reset Era members as far as I can tell. (maybe it's easier to sign up for a Reset Era account than I think; I'm not sure)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But what's the "play" here aside from "lol, jk, I'm not Tansut. I'm my own original character, Blansut?" It's not like people are sending him credit card information.

D

Deleted member

Weren't the Grinch leak and ArtsyOmni's Rayman leak just made so people could say "ha! Gotcha!"? (well, ArtsyOmni also might have been trying to promote Smashified, which got out of hand) It would be helpful if anyone here actually had a Reset Era account to verify that Tansut's profile has changed (I don't have a Reset Era account, so clicking on that link asks me to log in).

While I don't see any reason to assume that they're lying, the only proof can only be seen by Reset Era members as far as I can tell. (maybe it's easier to sign up for a Reset Era account than I think; I'm not sure)
StarLight42 StarLight42 does and maybe has spoken with Tansut in the past so he could tell us.

I just can't wrap my mind around this concept of comparing this to Grinch leak or any kind of "gotcha" moment. I can just imagine this situation, some GameFAQs user going back to whatever catacomb he crawled from and being like

"hey guys I just returned to Smashboards after six years and trolled the Geno thread by making them think I'm Tansut"

GameFAQs users: 1607095541549.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No problem! Glad someone appreciates it. I'm used to researching stuff before concluding anything, I've been burnt many times for the past 2 years as it is, lol.
I did. I didn't just look at the join date. I looked at all their posts too (there's not a lot) and I very quickly came to the conclusion that this likely wasn't a troll. 2008 join date and last posts were in speculation threads in 2014 so the odds of them wanting to cause trouble, let alone being dangerous, were barely existent.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Wait, if Tansut has not heard about Geno, does that mean Geno is potentially not next?
Not at all. Nintendo has really been cracking down on leaks since the start of this year and especially with the pandemic, it has been increasingly difficult to get information about this stuff. I'm pretty sure Tansut doesn't know because its just difficult to get the information, especially with how this year has been.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not at all. Nintendo has really been cracking down on leaks since the start of this year and especially with the pandemic, it has been increasingly difficult to get information about this stuff. I'm pretty sure Tansut doesn't know because its just difficult to get the information, especially with how this year has been.
Yeah, I know. I was just posting a thought, and it was just a thought.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Even if its a fake account (which I doubt), just go along with it anyways. Rumors are scarce. No new updates. We're waiting for a reveal each passing day and humoring ourselves that next week will be the week.

Besides, what else are we going to do to entertain ourselves as we wait? Talk about Sora and Steve? In the Geno thread? Joe Biden voice C'mon man!

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Even if its a fake account (which I doubt), just go along with it anyways. Rumors are scarce. No new updates. We're waiting for a reveal each passing day and humoring ourselves that next week will be the week.

Besides, what else are we going to do to entertain ourselves as we wait? Talk about Sora and Steve? In the Geno thread? Joe Biden voice C'mon man!
Why... would we entertain somebody pretending to be somebody else?
This is the real Tansut anyways, haha.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
T-800 T-800 Is it okay if we ask you questions or does that trigger the Kill Bill siren inside your head? The Smash fanbase sucks, we know, so I kind of want to set some decorum if all you want to do is hang out.
Sure, I’ll answer what I can. Although at this point I think everyone mostly knows everything I can offer already.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sure, I’ll answer what I can. Although at this point I think everyone mostly knows everything I can offer already.
Okay, the most prevalent question brought up here: have you heard anything about the SMRPG remake/remaster/sequel rumors on your end? Like I said, several people in the Geno fanbase like me and Papagenos first got this information in April and it was kept a secret within the community until Rogersbase went public with it in August. I know this year has been god awful for "intel" for obvious reasons but this has been a knawing question in this thread for ages.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I've got a question. Obviously I know that getting information is a little harder this year, but in general, how likely do you think Geno is?

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Okay, the most prevalent question brought up here: have you heard anything about the SMRPG remake/remaster/sequel rumors on your end? Like I said, several people in the Geno fanbase like me and Papagenos first got this information in April and it was kept a secret within the community until Rogersbase went public with it in August. I know this year has been god awful for "intel" for obvious reasons but this has been a knawing question in this thread for ages.
Nope. But I haven’t heard anything this whole year, so it doesn’t mean it’s not true either. I think covid and work from home has made water cooler talk less prolific overall for sure. So it’s entirely possible someone with a different connection would luck out where I wouldn’t.

I've got a question. Obviously I know that getting information is a little harder this year, but in general, how likely do you think Geno is?
I wish I knew. From everything going on it feels like he has a decent shot, but I have no legitimate reason to confidently think one way or the other.

D

Deleted member

We love and appreciate you, Naz!

I think we are all just desperate for more messiahs! Times are tough for us Geno fans
I don't think we should sell this thread short like everyone fell to his feet and started groveling for info. I appreciate Naz's sentiment but I wouldn't consider this community as having been taken for a ride yet again until an alleged faker started affecting the speculation narrative and that just didn't happen and didn't look like it was gonna happen.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still confident for Geno's chances regardless of leaks, and I must welcome T-800 T-800 to the thread. The fact the Geno Mii costume still hasn't returned and that Square content has only shown up with Square characters has proven consistent between 4 and Ultimate. The other companies you can make a valid argument about how their Mii Costumes absences may or may not guarantee a rep, but the fact the DQ wave didn't come with them is eyebrow raising no matter how you slice it.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
T-800 T-800 Saw your post on Resetera so I hope we're not being too obnoxious or threatening. On that note:

View attachment 294123

Who do you main in Smash (if anyone) and who is your most wanted (if anyone)?
Hahaha, nah. It’s understandable I triggered some kind of Geno PTSD.

I main Bowser and Banjo-Kazooie. There’s a handful of others I use a lot but those two are definitely my go-tos for competition. I’m not a fan of the online for Ultimate so I haven’t really played for ages though.

My most wanted is honestly Geno since he feels like he would complete the GameFAQs wishlist trifecta that Ridley and K Rool started. Aside from that I’d love to see Doomguy and Crash.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I require information on the puppet
View attachment 294124
maxresdefault (3).jpg

"Wanna know how I got these emotional scars? smacks lips One day... I posted outside the Geno thread on Smashboards saying I wanted Geno in Smash smacks lips I said... 'I think Geno would be cool and I'd like to see him eventually.' smacks lips You see... The thread...The thread did not like that... Not... One... Bit..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom