Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

PK Duststorm

Smash Cadet
A Donkey is a Donkey whether you call it that or an ass. Dont reduce me to be less intelligent than you are. Hop off Sakurai as he is just the director. He isnt your deity, geez. I'm not projecting anything out here, and I'm not ignorant. There isnt some coin toss on whether Sakurai or nintendo chooses a fighter. Several factors go into each choice, likely more than we as a collective will ever realize.

You need to hop off your soapbox Firox. Everyone else here can make their own opinions without belittling others. Serenade tends to have contrasting views but he isnt an ass. What's wrong with you? Need a snickers buddy ol pal, Firox?

Firox

Smash Champion
A Donkey is a Donkey whether you call it that or an ass. Dont reduce me to be less intelligent than you are. Hop off Sakurai as he is just the director. He isnt your deity, geez. I'm not projecting anything out here, and I'm not ignorant. There isnt some coin toss on whether Sakurai or nintendo chooses a fighter. Several factors go into each choice, likely more than we as a collective will ever realize.

You need to hop off your soapbox Firox. Everyone else here can make their own opinions without belittling others. Serenade tends to have contrasting views but he isnt an ass. What's wrong with you? Need a snickers buddy ol pal, Firox?
For someone that preaches about people getting off their soapbox, you sure have a chip on your shoulder. You keep ranting about people (now referring to me) as holding Sakurai in some sort of special regard, saying he "isn't my deity". No crap, Sherlock, I never said he was. I was merely stating the fact that as director, he obviously maintains a significant sway over the decisions being made for Smash Bros. What about that statement means I worship him or defend his very existence? To be honest, I actually criticize his decisions more than many of the people in this thread. That doesn't change the fact that he IS the director and carries a lot of clout in the gaming industry, hence all the third parties he's acquired. To think that he didn't have the lion's share of the responsibility for base game newcomers is, to be frank, ignorant. I'm not trying to play up any kind of superiority here, I'm just pointing out the logic here.

TriggerX made a good point (in a refreshingly civil manner) that we don't know 100% for sure how the character decision process works, but Sakurai HAS officially said that the DLC was dictated mostly by corporate Nintendo. He could be lying or downplaying about his involvement, but then you'd have to draw your own conclusions as to his motive and purpose for doing so. Regardless, you choose to ignore the reasoning so it's not worth arguing this with you any further.

As for belittling others, I always find it hilariously ironic to get lectured by someone that does just that. You get easily offended, then resort to personal attacks because you don't know how to argue logically. Whatever. Go ahead and stand on your own soapbox then. Spew forth your own half-baked opinion in hopes that an echo chamber will feed your desperate need for validation. In the meantime, I'll drop the mic and be on my way.

Last edited:

Serenade01

Smash Champion
How about we 1 stop sucking Sakurai's ****, and 2 stop making me out to be ignorant when I'm clearly not. It doesnt matter who makes what choices. At the end of the day we dont know who chose what. And Plant is DLC, he isnt a base game fighter even if people say he was meant for base game. He was meant to be a early bonus that is paid DLC after the window.
I don't want to relive the events of November 1, 2018 so in a rare move for me, I'm not going to go back and make sure I'm remembering right, but Sakurai stated that Piranha Plant wasn't finished in time to be part of the base game. He was intended to be part of the base game, not a bonus DLC character akin to Mewtwo.

I kind of lost the train of relevancy in regards to Plant in this particular argument, though. He's not a legacy character or a fan request, and the only people who he made happy are trolls.

Top Bottom