• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
A Donkey is a Donkey whether you call it that or an ass. Dont reduce me to be less intelligent than you are. Hop off Sakurai as he is just the director. He isnt your deity, geez. I'm not projecting anything out here, and I'm not ignorant. There isnt some coin toss on whether Sakurai or nintendo chooses a fighter. Several factors go into each choice, likely more than we as a collective will ever realize.

You need to hop off your soapbox Firox. Everyone else here can make their own opinions without belittling others. Serenade tends to have contrasting views but he isnt an ass. What's wrong with you? Need a snickers buddy ol pal, Firox?

Firox

Smash Master
A Donkey is a Donkey whether you call it that or an ass. Dont reduce me to be less intelligent than you are. Hop off Sakurai as he is just the director. He isnt your deity, geez. I'm not projecting anything out here, and I'm not ignorant. There isnt some coin toss on whether Sakurai or nintendo chooses a fighter. Several factors go into each choice, likely more than we as a collective will ever realize.

You need to hop off your soapbox Firox. Everyone else here can make their own opinions without belittling others. Serenade tends to have contrasting views but he isnt an ass. What's wrong with you? Need a snickers buddy ol pal, Firox?
For someone that preaches about people getting off their soapbox, you sure have a chip on your shoulder. You keep ranting about people (now referring to me) as holding Sakurai in some sort of special regard, saying he "isn't my deity". No crap, Sherlock, I never said he was. I was merely stating the fact that as director, he obviously maintains a significant sway over the decisions being made for Smash Bros. What about that statement means I worship him or defend his very existence? To be honest, I actually criticize his decisions more than many of the people in this thread. That doesn't change the fact that he IS the director and carries a lot of clout in the gaming industry, hence all the third parties he's acquired. To think that he didn't have the lion's share of the responsibility for base game newcomers is, to be frank, ignorant. I'm not trying to play up any kind of superiority here, I'm just pointing out the logic here.

TriggerX made a good point (in a refreshingly civil manner) that we don't know 100% for sure how the character decision process works, but Sakurai HAS officially said that the DLC was dictated mostly by corporate Nintendo. He could be lying or downplaying about his involvement, but then you'd have to draw your own conclusions as to his motive and purpose for doing so. Regardless, you choose to ignore the reasoning so it's not worth arguing this with you any further.

As for belittling others, I always find it hilariously ironic to get lectured by someone that does just that. You get easily offended, then resort to personal attacks because you don't know how to argue logically. Whatever. Go ahead and stand on your own soapbox then. Spew forth your own half-baked opinion in hopes that an echo chamber will feed your desperate need for validation. In the meantime, I'll drop the mic and be on my way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about we 1 stop sucking Sakurai's ****, and 2 stop making me out to be ignorant when I'm clearly not. It doesnt matter who makes what choices. At the end of the day we dont know who chose what. And Plant is DLC, he isnt a base game fighter even if people say he was meant for base game. He was meant to be a early bonus that is paid DLC after the window.
I don't want to relive the events of November 1, 2018 so in a rare move for me, I'm not going to go back and make sure I'm remembering right, but Sakurai stated that Piranha Plant wasn't finished in time to be part of the base game. He was intended to be part of the base game, not a bonus DLC character akin to Mewtwo.

I kind of lost the train of relevancy in regards to Plant in this particular argument, though. He's not a legacy character or a fan request, and the only people who he made happy are trolls.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Luigi was the good guy and he is on his way to bring back old friends where they belong, HOME:

View attachment 293995
CREDIT HERE: ARTIST
I have actually come to live checking in on this thread and seeing all of the independent artwork from various artists. It really keeps the spirit of this thread alive.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Shall we begin the countdown to the VGA? (Just remember to not hype too much. Best to negate or prevent salt. Heck Smash may not appear as Nintendo runs their own schedule.)
7 days left till the VGA arrival
View attachment 293996
Personally, I'm finding it extremely hard to care about the VGAs this year. Too burnt on last year and Nintendo hasn't really given any sign that they're going to have a notable presense this year so, much like the seeds of a dandelion on a summer breeze, my ****s are scattered far and wide across the horizon. Should one of those **** seeds find fertile soil in which to spring forth an elegant **** flower, time will tell, dear readers, time will tell...

Firox

Smash Master
Personally, I'm finding it extremely hard to care about the VGAs this year. Too burnt on last year and Nintendo hasn't really given any sign that they're going to have a notable presense this year so, much like the seeds of a dandelion on a summer breeze, my s are scattered far and wide across the horizon. Should one of those seeds find fertile soil in which to spring forth an elegant ** flower, time will tell, dear readers, time will tell...
So I assume these aren't the kind of flowers anyone would want to smell? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Luigi was the good guy and he is on his way to bring back old friends where they belong, HOME:

View attachment 293995
CREDIT HERE: ARTIST
Let's take a moment to realize that Smash Ultimate could be the first time in which Geno and Luigi could actually interact with one another, as Luigi was otherwise missing in SMRPG (aside from being in the credits parade)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's take a moment to realize that Smash Ultimate could be the first time in which Geno and Luigi could actually interact with one another, as Luigi was otherwise missing in SMRPG (aside from being in the credits parade)
Luigi 0 to Deaths Geno for ignoring his wish to become a great plumber and costing Nintendo money in the year of Luigi.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno with his new favorite assist trophy: MALLOW

50091120-0AA5-4FEC-B6E5-0BF51DFF038D.jpeg

ARTIST HERE!

(pretty sure Geno is playable + Mallow in a Special move, cameo stage, final smash and/or costume).

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I won't be watching The Game Awards. Not because I don't want to, it's because I can't. Due to my timezone, the event will be at a stupid time (early in the morning), and I can't stay up since I'll be in work a few hours later from when it ends. So even if a character gets revealed during the awards (whatever character it may be), I won't be able to see it live (like with Joker in 2018 awards). I'll basically be playing catch up in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom