• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
"It's happening, Guys! It's happening this week!"

(Nintendo has entered the chat)

Greetings, everyone. So after months of anticipation, multiple updates on the official smashbros website and several 7/11 ads teasing the advent of the next smash fighter, we regret to inform you that the remainder of FP2 is cancelled indefinitely. No refunds. Please understand."

(Nintendo has left the chat)

"....."

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Greetings, everyone. So after months of anticipation, multiple updates on the official smashbros website and several 7/11 ads teasing the advent of the next smash fighter, we regret to inform you that the remainder of FP2 is cancelled indefinitely. No refunds. Please understand."

"....."

DAMN IT ALL!!!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, it would be utterly pointless to do a 7/11 ad that points to both the Crown Tundra and FP7 being at least revealed before October 4th and not get both done this week. Just because Mario 35 is releasing on Friday doesn't matter, it's a free download to those who have Nintendo Online subscriptions. That, and Crown Tundra is likely a late October/early November release even with tomorrow's presentation

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I can at least say safely that cancellation does not appear to be on the table, considering the 7/11 ad is very recent, very new, and would not be talking about the thing a week before a notice of the project being canned. That is absolutely not in the cards.

QQS

Smash Lord
Does someone has that image someone did with the fighters placed in a calendar since Plant? Just wanna show that to friends :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Rathalos ends up being the next fighter, getting upgraded from a assist trophy. These fools thought he was too big to be a fighter, well the jokes on them.
I heard from my friend's, cousin's, nephew's, friend's, daughter who works at Nintendo that Rathalos is indeed in Fighter's Pass 2 and he is going to be a Ridley Echo. :4pacman:

MattX20

Smash Hero
One more thing to note regarding the presentation tomorrow: Japan's time zone is about 14 hours ahead of the US. By the time it airs tomorrow, it'll almost be midnight of the 30th. We've also had the Dragon Quest heroes confirmed in a similar time frame last year. That, and it also airs at 8 a.m. central, so they could drop a Sakurai Presents/Smash mini direct announcement in the hour after

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In regards to a potential October 1st reveal, here's some reasons why that would be really good if that ends up being the case:

-Most Nintendo presentations are during the first or second full week of the month. Going through Nintendo's history, If Nintendo has things during the first or last week of the month, it's because the schedule is pretty stuffed in-between. In other words, because there's no major events or new games coming out in October, if we get something on the 1st, this significantly boosts the chances of something most if not all the 5 weeks of October this year.

-First week presentations typically mean one of two things: there's a major event/game release in the month that Nintendo doesn't want to crowd or it means a bigger presentation, usually during the first or second full week of the month. That said, if we get something on Thursday, you can definitely expect more in October.

I'm still waiting things out because I kind of feel that there's enough pointing to the next 10 days that it doesn't really matter too much anymore. It's soon, whether it's October 1st or 8th, we're likely getting something significant on one or possibly both of these dates.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

"FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
FTFY. :p

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Both main dishes are coming, let's go ahead and enjoy the Crown Tundra DLC tomorrow until Nintendo and Sakurai is ready with the other half.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 287140
Interesting discovery somebody has made.
Update:
After talking and discussing with more people, the most likely conclusion about this is that there was a Cache error the person had, and didn't really think why it happened.

"When we get 405 error?
The 405 Method Not Allowed error occurs when the web server is configured in a way that does not allow you to perform a specific action for a particular URL. It's an HTTP response status code that indicates that the request method is known by the server but is not supported by the target resource."

Nintendo does their coding on a private website, and transfer it over, after discussing this with more people, I'm pretty convinced if they've done anything on the public website, it would of been noted that there was a update.
There has been no upset since August 3rd.

For a better explanation, here is a discord message from somebody in Forest Maze.

1601328182199.png

If there is any more developments on this situation, I'll make you all aware, but currently? This means nothing, and we should dismiss it.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I want Geno as fighter 7 but if I can’t get that then I’d want Layton as fighter 7 since I’m a huge fan of Layton and the Layton series.

man the things I’d do to see a Layton vs descole smash trailer that reveals Layton or to see Layton and Geno working together in a smash trailer.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Update:
After talking and discussing with more people, the most likely conclusion about this is that there was a Cache error the person had, and didn't really think why it happened.

"When we get 405 error?
The 405 Method Not Allowed error occurs when the web server is configured in a way that does not allow you to perform a specific action for a particular URL. It's an HTTP response status code that indicates that the request method is known by the server but is not supported by the target resource."

Nintendo does their coding on a private website, and transfer it over, after discussing this with more people, I'm pretty convinced if they've done anything on the public website, it would of been noted that there was a update.
There has been no upset since August 3rd.

For a better explanation, here is a discord message from somebody in Forest Maze.

View attachment 287166

If there is any more developments on this situation, I'll make you all aware, but currently? This means nothing, and we should dismiss it.
Even without this error, there's still a lot pointing towards FP7's reveal and release in a matter of days

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The error is just as meaningless as the direct archive site updates, they have been happening over and over again even when nothing is happening direct related, they are no leads after all. We don't need those to think logically just based on the 7/11 ad alone that just got proved stronger with the pokemon news announcement.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok, time to bring up the image of the 7/11 ad again for the sake of ongoing discussion, and in the light of Pokémon Sw/Sh news officially coming up tomorrow.

What can be said of the Pokémon Sword and Shield DLC portion of the poster, now knowing that we'll be getting news on it tomorrow is that most likely we'll just get more info on the Crown Tundra part of the expansion. More detail on the areas one can explore, perhaps new trainers, more info on the "Evil" Bird Trio, etc. On the other hand, in regards to the Smash Bros. Ultimate portion of the poster, it is pretty much the same illustration shown on the DLC section of the official website (which only shows Min Min on the CP 6 slot, and the others still have the Smash invitation letters). From part of the text on the poster it can be surmised that the entire Pass release deadline is still due on December 31st, 2021 (albeit I can only see 2021).

Now, here's something to think about. When stores of the likes of Macy's, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, etc. put up ads to promote certain holiday sales, said ads most of the time include the date until which said sales will last. Obviously customers will be able to purchase the specified selected pieces at a discount up until the specified date. Once that date has passed, the specified items return to their regular pricing. Another (and perhaps more relatable) example are the Steam Summer, and Winter Sales. Steam updates the Store banner with the themed sale, specifying the time it'll be up. Within that time, the specified games will be available at a discount. Another example, albeit in a different industry, are concert posters. Let's say a Bad Bunny concert will be coming up sometime around 2022 (let's just go with it for now), July 20, 2022. The posters will be placed at frequented retail stores, gas stations maybe, and other places in which tickets for said concert may be available for purchase. The poster is placed with ample time before the actual concert date. Once the concert comes to pass, the poster then will be removed sometime around the following day (or week).

Let's go back to the 7/11 ad promoting the Pokémon Sw/Sh DLC expansion, and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2. The poster was seen by a few people around September 21st. What we previously learned in regards to the Sw/Sh DLC is that the Crown Tundra expansion would be coming out sometime in Fall. We are currently within the first couple of days of Fall, thus by getting confirmation from TPC themselves that we'll be getting news about that tomorrow could also mean that the expansion is coming up soon (heck, maybe available this very week, or the next). Then we got Smash's Fighters Pass Vol. 2, of which we haven't had any news update since Min Min got released. In fact, the last actual update/reveal was back in June 22nd, and the reveal of the franchise from which the character would be coming from was back in March.

The 7/11 ad, again, will be up until October 4th. Following the examples mentioned above, we could possibly be looking at a similar scenario; before the ad poster is taken down, we will be getting that content on or before October 4th. Again, this is a possible outcome comparing it with other similar advertising examples from retail and entertainment industries. Regardless how much cash Companies count on, or how big they are, putting up advertisement posters are an element that garner customer loyalty and trust. If an advertisement fails to deliver what it's promoting, the Company will face backlash from consumers in the form of discrediting the brand, and/or abstaining from buying the brand's products or services.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Currently in a meeting so I'm not caught up yet. Basically we're getting these things in a few weeks that look like flamethrowers but blast disinfectant. They come with a backpack and everything. They're weirdly badass.
Im so sleep deprived that I thought this to be some sort of ridiculous analogy about what Nintendo is going to unveil in a few weeks. And I couldn’t figure out if reveals looking like flamethrowers but blasting disinfectant was good or bad especially in relation to them coming in a backpack. But then you said they were badass.

yeah time to sleep

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Heh, the news drought has gotten the Smash fanbase insane...
It probably doesn't help that it's been six or seven months since the ARMS guessing game where most people (or at least most people on Smashboards) had it narrowed down to a handful of characters within the first week. I'm not sure if it's quite at the level of Brawl, where we had to wait six months after the game's reveal for any news, only for the big reveal to be that Fox McCloud is returning to the game, but it's been rough.

Here's hoping that it's Geno, or dare I say it, a double reveal. (though if it is a double reveal, I'm expecting a Joker- or Terry-style trailer for the second character where we get no gameplay) Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself - here's hoping that we actually get a Smash presentation in the next week or two.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Im so sleep deprived that I thought this to be some sort of ridiculous analogy about what Nintendo is going to unveil in a few weeks. And I couldn’t figure out if reveals looking like flamethrowers but blasting disinfectant was good or bad especially in relation to them coming in a backpack. But then you said they were badass.

yeah time to sleep
Oh no, it's real. Check this **** out:

4gm1ui.jpg

MattX20

Smash Hero
It probably doesn't help that it's been six or seven months since the ARMS guessing game where most people (or at least most people on Smashboards) had it narrowed down to a handful of characters within the first week. I'm not sure if it's quite at the level of Brawl, where we had to wait six months after the game's reveal for any news, only for the big reveal to be that Fox McCloud is returning to the game, but it's been rough.

Here's hoping that it's Geno, or dare I say it, a double reveal. (though if it is a double reveal, I'm expecting a Joker- or Terry-style trailer for the second character where we get no gameplay) Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself - here's hoping that we actually get a Smash presentation in the next week or two.
Oh god, that era of Brawl. I almost had that wiped from memory. That was an abysmal wait to be sure

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because I'm taking a break from the newcomer site until further notice.

What do you guys think of the chances of Smash reveal also this week. Earliest I can see is Wednesday with the latest being Friday with the presentation happening next Monday.

I say this given we had two announcements last week.
Heh, the news drought has gotten the Smash fanbase insane...
Agreed and this is coming from among those. Doesn't help with having to stay home more given the coming of the second wave which has left me on edge and hysterical.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The uncertainty is what's probably getting to people too. Just on who the character is, we still have nothing concrete other than they were an E3 reveal, and no real credible leaks the entire year. It's been nothing but trying to put together scattered bits of info and speculation since March, which can be fun but not when you have to wait 6+ months to see the actual result. Not to mention that we still don't even really have a date. Is it satisfying to narrow down a range of dates through stuff like Amiibo theory, ads, and post numbers? Yea, especially when it actually pans out, but we really shouldn't have to play 20 Questions just to have a REVEAL DATE.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Because I'm taking a break from the newcomer site until further notice.

What do you guys think of the chances of Smash reveal also this week. Earliest I can see is Wednesday with the latest being Friday with the presentation happening next Monday.

I say this given we had two announcements last week.

Agreed and this is coming from among those. Doesn't help with having to stay home more given the coming of the second wave which has left me on edge and hysterical.
I think after tomorrow's presentation for the Crown Tundra DLC, I get the feeling they will announce the Sakurai Presents/Smash mini direct either later tomorrow or on Wednesday

Griselda

Smash Lord
So, earlier, I was trying to go back to sleep when my old enemy the sun decided to keep me awake by shining directly through my window. And in my head I went, "Man, I wish it would darken up a bit so I can sleep" ...And, suddenly, clouds rolled in to block out the light and the room went dark. So then, I went, "Man, I wish Geno would be revealed next week so I can sleep".

You can thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom