• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Rathalos ends up being the next fighter, getting upgraded from a assist trophy. These fools thought he was too big to be a fighter, well the jokes on them.
rathalos's gimmick is that he spends the entire fight flying just out of reach from the ground, so you spend the entire fight struggling to hit him (just like the games)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Correct me if I’m wrong but we have gotten a smash reveal before the 7/11 add ended correct
Multiple times yes. The Sakurai presents videos for most of the DLC fighters in Ultimate all had videos released before they were taken down, the only exceptions were Terry who didn't get one and MinMin, though technically they did announce an ARMS fighter in the March mini direct, so it could count I suppose

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's that? By the looks of this thing, I want one of those!
Professional grade disinfectant gun. I work on a college campus and we're somehow one of the few state universities in the state that hasn't gone completely online yet because our sanitation program has been unusually proactive and adaptive. Basically they allow us to disinfect wide surface areas like walls, tables, doors, etc in a matter of seconds. Fun stuff. I just got assigned mine today.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Professional grade disinfectant gun. I work on a college campus and we're somehow one of the few state universities that hasn't gone completely online yet because our sanitation program has been unusually proactive and adaptive. Basically they allow us to disinfect wide surface areas like walls, tables, doors, etc in a matter of seconds. Fun stuff. I just got assigned mine today.
Cool! I don't care if this is for cleaning, I am-a getting me one of these!

On another note, I am already excited for the possible presentation, maybe more if Geno is in it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Correct me if I’m wrong but we have gotten a smash reveal before the 7/11 add ended correct
Smash presentation, yes.

A character reveal, no. No one has been revealed during a 7-11 ad promotion because these ads are only for promoting current content. This current ad is to promote Min-Min and Vol 2 and not F7. Byleth’s promotional ad wasn’t put up until we knew Byleth was a character.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Smash presentation, yes.

A character reveal, no. No one has been revealed during a 7-11 ad promotion because these ads are only for promoting current content. This current ad is to promote Min-Min and Vol 2 and not F7. Byleth’s promotional ad wasn’t put up until we knew Byleth was a character.
The 7/11 ad also promoted the Sword and Shield DLC, and we got a presentation for Crown Tundra for tomorrow scheduled. It would certainly be a first time Smash presentation and reveal if it turns out to be the case by Thursday of this week

Last edited:

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
i had the most amazing dream last night. i was recording a sakurai presents, and fighter 7 was geno. and he came out that same exact day! i think a few years went by and i didn't stop playing him lol.

have you all ever ha a geno dream? ive had several
Sorry to reply to a post from 5 pages ago but I'm back-reading because I am very bored. And want to reply to this to let you all know I've had over 30 "Geno in Smash" dreams. I stopped counting around 25 and have had WELL over 5 since then and oh god someone please help me I just want to sleep soundly for once

(They have varying levels of ridiculousness, my favorite recent one from a couple weeks ago was that the trailer was played in a theater and some guy in front of me got so mad about Geno being the reveal that he got up and left, so I yelled CRY, BABY at him as he left)

please it's been twelve years of Geno in Smash dreams please Sakurai free my soul

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Smash presentation, yes.

See, somehow you missed something here, Venus.

Challenger Pack 7...is a part of...Fighter's Pass Vol 2. So, advertising Vol 2 is automatically advertising for each Challenger Pack within it.

There is no reason to advertised Vol 2 without another character because everyone already knows about Min-Min. We knew about ARMS in March and Min-Min's full reveal in June is now three months ago. 90% of the people who would have bought Vol 2 for Min-Min have done so already, so it's just a waste of money and ad space if there is no reveal coming during the time the ad is up. It's been three months since the last character and that was after a previous three months of knowing what franchise the character was coming from, which is well past time for minimum one character reveal and, at this point, release as well.

The fact that this ad also advertised for Sw/Sh about the Crown Tundra and we are getting news on it tomorrow is all you need to know: this ad was here to drum up hype and attention for Vol 2 because the next fighter is getting revealed soon. There would be no real reason to put in such an ad otherwise.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Just think about it this way, Min Min's presentation was recorded May 2nd. The character/stage were finalized and playable minus some additional polishing and bug testing almost 5 MONTHS AGO. And Character 7 presumably was meant to be revealed 3 1/2 months ago at E3, and almost assuredly released several months ago by this point. There is no way 7 isn't completely finished and ready at this point, there just isn't, so I see no reason to take everything pointing towards a reveal soon with a grain of salt, this IS the time for them to reveal and release 7. A bigger question I have right now is what the hell the plan for 8 is, but I'll save that discussion for when we get the presentation announced.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There is no way 7 isn't completely finished and ready at this point, there just isn't, so I see no reason to take everything pointing towards a reveal soon with a grain of salt, this IS the time for them to reveal and release 7.
Specially considering the fact that they work on batches of 3 fighters, not one by one…

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm banking on next week, it's perfect. There's nothing getting in the way for Smash (besides a Partners Showcase but they usually do that really early or really late into the month) Also what do you guys think about a double reveal? Maybe after everything for fighter 7 is shown off they could do a teaser for fighter 8?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just think about it this way, Min Min's presentation was recorded May 2nd. The character/stage were finalized and playable minus some additional polishing and bug testing almost 5 MONTHS AGO. And Character 7 presumably was meant to be revealed 3 1/2 months ago at E3, and almost assuredly released several months ago by this point. There is no way 7 isn't completely finished and ready at this point, there just isn't, so I see no reason to take everything pointing towards a reveal soon with a grain of salt, this IS the time for them to reveal and release 7. A bigger question I have right now is what the hell the plan for 8 is, but I'll save that discussion for when we get the presentation announced.
Exactly. That, and I've seen some speculate on FP8 or FP9 potentially being a Game Awards reveal going by recent comments that Geoff made according to Papagenos recent vid

pinshadow

Smash Lord
-

Specially considering the fact that they work on batches of 3 fighters, not one by one…
Well yea, that's why I'm looking at 8 real suspiciously right now. If we're operating under the assumption that 7 is done right now and that their presentation was already been recorded weeks, if not months ago, then 8 has to be far along too right? Especially if they were ALSO meant to be an E3 reveal, and if they weren't, then a Fall Direct reveal. I mean we clearly aren't getting a full direct for a bit while longer, so they either get revealed with 7 here or we are waiting until sometime between the end of November-January to see them right?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
See, somehow you missed something here, Venus.

Challenger Pack 7...is a part of...Fighter's Pass Vol 2. So, advertising Vol 2 is automatically advertising for each Challenger Pack within it.

There is no reason to advertised Vol 2 without another character because everyone already knows about Min-Min. We knew about ARMS in March and Min-Min's full reveal in June is now three months ago. 90% of the people who would have bought Vol 2 for Min-Min have done so already, so it's just a waste of money and ad space if there is no reveal coming during the time the ad is up. It's been three months since the last character and that was after a previous three months of knowing what franchise the character was coming from, which is well past time for minimum one character reveal and, at this point, release as well.

The fact that this ad also advertised for Sw/Sh about the Crown Tundra and we are getting news on it tomorrow is all you need to know: this ad was here to drum up hype and attention for Vol 2 because the next fighter is getting revealed soon. There would be no real reason to put in such an ad otherwise.
I wasn’t arguing that it wouldn’t be revealed soon but some people feel that this ad is an advertisement for for the reveal for F7 when that isn’t the case. We are getting F7 for sure though in wagering it being on next week rather than next week. As I said, it’s advertising for the Vol 2 but it shouldn’t be considered as advertising directly for F7. Personally, I’m of the opinion that it has no correlation with F7 and simply an advertisement that is preluding to an incoming reveal. I’ve talked to a few workers at 7-11 here and, to there knowledge, there aren’t any planned ad promotions after the 4th. We didn’t see the pass get promoted prior to Byleth’s presentation and I’m hesitant to accept that this is a confirmation that we will get a reveal by the 4th.

That being said, most of these who own the stores I frequent are elderly and don’t actually know what Smash is. I am on a first-name basis, they know my family, I teach thier kids, so I do trust the info they give - regardless of much or little there is. It seemed to me that there weren’t any big ads coming after the 4th.

I am 100% on it’s happening next week. I would be very happy if it is Geno but that would mean I would have to scrap the Article I’m wri......

I’ve said too much...

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I wasn’t arguing that it wouldn’t be revealed soon but some people feel that this ad is an advertisement for for the reveal for F7 when that isn’t the case. We are getting F7 for sure though in wagering it being on next week rather than next week. As I said, it’s advertising for the Vol 2 but it shouldn’t be considered as advertising directly for F7. Personally, I’m of the opinion that it has no correlation with F7 and simply an advertisement that is preluding to an incoming reveal. I’ve talked to a few workers at 7-11 here and, to there knowledge, there aren’t any planned ad promotions after the 4th. We didn’t see the pass get promoted prior to Byleth’s presentation and I’m hesitant to accept that this is a confirmation that we will get a reveal by the 4th.

That being said, most of these who own the stores I frequent are elderly and don’t actually know what Smash is. I am on a first-name basis, they know my family, I teach thier kids, so I do trust the info they give - regardless of much or little there is. It seemed to me that there weren’t any big ads coming after the 4th.

I am 100% on it’s happening next week. I would be very happy if it is Geno but that would mean I would have to scrap the Article I’m wri......

I’ve said too much...
What the hell is this article about?

Is it an anti-Geno one, as in why Geno isn't CP7? Or is it that you think another character is CP7 and you are writing and article on that character instead?

I don't expect and answer since you are being coy but here is me offering my low amount of intrigue all the same.

QQS

Smash Lord
As many here said, if Geno isn’t 77, I still believe 100% (yes, 100%) that Geno will be a FULL FIGHTER somewhere, somehow in FP2 or Bonus.

That said, because for example the team can match the #7 spot with Crash4 release being Crash in Smash along 4 ported to Switch; or maybe a Pokemon due to how Pokemon is having things now; or even maybe another one.

For me there are two options:

a) match the #7 DLC/#77 Fighter with Geno from The Legend of the 7 stars right now in October

b) match Geno with another number like #78 or #79 to coincide him with the 25° anniversary of SMRPG in March 9 (first release in Japan)

My conclusion: For me it would be more epic to have Geno as THE SEVENTH DLC, THE SEVEN STAR, literally, right now, with SMRPG coming to NSO. Also you can celebrate the 25° in March 2021 with a Sequel or Remake.

Anyway, as #77, #78, #79, #80, #81, a Bonus Character or an Echo of Blue Toon Link (just kidding on this), our puppet is happening 100% as a playable fighter that JOINS THE BRAWL!

But for obvious reasons, I hope Geno is happening right now for us to not wait any more. Anyway I think this wait will be worth cause GENO DESCENDS FROM THE STARS!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What the hell is this article about?

Is it an anti-Geno one, as in why Geno isn't CP7? Or is it that you think another character is CP7 and you are writing and article on that character instead?

I don't expect and answer since you are being coy but here is me offering my low amount of intrigue all the same.
No, nothing like that. Why would you think I would write something like that? I may not be the biggest Geno supporter but I’ve been pretty vocal that I’m pretty much totally open to any character appearing in Smash. I have no interest in writing anti-character articles and what not. Plus, I mean, I did add that Geno smiley solely for this thread...

I wrote up a Geno Smash Analysis article for the Smashboards News section. Like the ones I wrote for Crash and Hayabusa previously. It’s queued behind other articles so, if Geno is revealed, I’ll probably throw it away since “intrigue” is low. I had to do that for the Byleth article I wrote prior to his reveal, the Heihachi one before being confirmed as a Mii Costume, and again for Altair for the same reasons.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, Nintendo is selling these Super Mario clothing on this fancy site for like $300 and people are talking about how the largest size is XS for women. Fancy clothing for supermodels

But with friggin' Mario on it

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Call me crazy but the longer this goes on, the more I think that maybe Geno was initially planned to be 7, but perhaps they have moved him to a different spot to coincide with SMRPG (if those rumours are indeed true).

I fully believe Geno is coming, but if he is not next, it could explain why the wait has been so long. Perhaps there was some internal shuffling of characters.

But the bottom line is we are getting Geno, and that’s all that matters. Who cares about the “when”.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
With the Pokémon DLC releasing on the fourth week of October and Pikmin 3 Deluxe releasing on the fifth week of October, that leaves the first three weeks of the month open for Smash. Sakurai Presents could be announed later this week or next week, with the character released the following week. If we are getting Smash news in October, we are getting it soon.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
With the Pokémon DLC releasing on the fourth week of October and Pikmin 3 Deluxe releasing on the fifth week of October, that leaves the first three weeks of the month open for Smash. Sakurai Presents could be announed later this week or next week, with the character released the following week. If we are getting Smash news in October, we are getting it soon.
Gonna take a shot and say that a Sakurai Presents will be announced tomorrow on the 30th, to be livestreamed the next day on October 1st, then followed by the character releasing next week.

MattX20

Smash Hero
People that keep saying a Sword and Shield rep keep forgetting that spirit event happened. If there wasn't a Sword and Shield spirit event, I'd be more inclined to say it's a possibility given what happened with 3H. FP7 is definitely not Pokemon or FE related, that much I'm certain of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom