• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
By the way, the leak doesn't say "western character", it says "popular in the west".
For me it means the character is actually not western but still popular in the west. There aren't so many characters that fit, especially if it shouldn't be a front runner.
Maybe 2B. I don't know if Lara Croft should be considered western or not. Maybe Dark Souls. Could have said Resident Evil if not for the spirit event.
No Dante or Monster Hunter because they are far from unexpected.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Rest easy lads. Bringing up Nazyrus Nazyrus observation in regards to the 7/11 ad; do recall that the ad will be up until October 4th (which is this upcoming Sunday). We now have official confirmation of a Pokémon-focused Direct happening tomorrow (most likely delving deeper into the Crown Tundra DLC for Sw/Sh). The other title in the 7/11 ad besides Pokémon is of course, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (specifically an image of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2). If the ad will be up until this Sunday, and we're getting the Pokémon news tomorrow, then it is very (and I mean VERY) likely, almost certain that we will be getting news on Smash's Fighters Pass Vol. 2 this week (otherwise, the 7/11 ad would have been misleading and would have the Company held responsible for said advertisement; i.e., legal trouble). It'll be either between Tuesday or Friday that we'll be getting the news. The time is nigh. :denzel:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
By the way, the leak doesn't say "western character", it says "popular in the west".
For me it means the character is actually not western but still popular in the west. There aren't so many characters that fit, especially if it shouldn't be a front runner.
Maybe 2B. I don't know if Lara Croft should be considered western or not. Maybe Dark Souls. Could have said Resident Evil if not for the spirit event.
That even kills the leak more, that's the vaguest thing anyone can say.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
You know who else is popular in the west but not a western character? Geno from Super Mario RPG.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Plus, the thing that kills me about this is that all the Pokemon stuff is simply deductive reasoning. The Entei trademark leak was very public, I pointed out earlier that yearly Pokemon RPG installments have basically been a thing since 2013, and we've been talking about since literally the Mario Direct that Smash and Pokemon DLC are the only already announced things that Nintendo hasn't given updates on yet.

"Pokemon news is coming soon."

Yep.

"There's a good chance something related to Pokemon Cold and Flavor will be announced soon."

Yep.

Plus "someone popular in the west from a new franchise" is wildly vague. This encapsulates a huge percentage of third party characters people are endorsing to begin with. This could be Dante. This could be Rayman. This could be Travis. This could be Crash. It's so vague that it's a null statement and a safe pick because, let's be honest, most of the remaining packs will likely be from totally new franchises to Smash. Of course, we're all banking on Geno being one of them but the odds of any given pack being from something totally new at a default level is really, really high so it's a useless statement.

"I predict most of the packs will be from totally new franchises."

Yeah, no ****... On this note, so far when it has come to "pack packs" and not just individual characters, each season has had one "pack" dedicated to a franchise already in Smash: Corrin (who also came with music) and Byleth. Based on that, the chances of at least one of the packs being for a franchise already in Smash is decently high.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Plus, the thing that kills me about this is that all the Pokemon stuff is simply deductive reasoning. The Entei trademark leak was very public, I pointed out earlier that yearly Pokemon RPG installments have basically been a thing since 2013, and we've been talking about since literally the Mario Direct that Smash and Pokemon DLC are the only already announced things that Nintendo hasn't given updates on yet.

"Pokemon news is coming soon."

Yep.

"There's a good chance something related to Pokemon Cold and Flavor will be announced soon."

Yep.

Plus "someone popular in the west from a new franchise" is wildly vague. This encapsulates a huge percentage of third party characters people are endorsing to begin with. This could be Dante. This could be Rayman. This could be Travis. This could be Crash. It's so vague that it's a null statement and a safe pick because, let's be honest, most of the remaining packs will likely be from totally new franchises to Smash. Of course, we're all banking on Geno being one of them but the odds of any given pack being from something totally new at a default level is really, really high so it's a useless statement.

"I predict most of the packs will be from totally new franchises."

Yeah, no ****... On this note, so far when it has come to "pack packs" and not just individual characters, each season has had one "pack" dedicated to a franchise already in Smash: Corrin (who also came with music) and Byleth. Based on that, the chances of at least one of the packs being for a franchise already in Smash is decently high.

On this note: The trademarks mean nothing.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This. And that's if that leak is real at all lol, I find it a red flag that it said "new series"… I haven't really seen many "new series" happen that are popular in the west before pass 2 was negotiated by E3 2019, I'm very doubtful of this leak and basically it's getting attention because it's not the usual 2 or 3 fighter names that people are make fakes of lately, lol. I would take it with a massive grain of salt.

That even kills the leak more, that's the vaguest thing anyone can say.
Pretty much agreed, I don't really believe in a leak like this lol, specially where it's coming from. I'm just hoping something happens this week so we can feel relief after half a year of speculating who fp7 will be lol

On this note: The trademarks mean nothing.
A bit of a generalizing statement, but yeah that one in particular doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much agreed, I don't really believe in a leak like this lol, specially where it's coming from. I'm just hoping something happens this week so we can feel relief after half a year of speculating who fp7 will be lol
One last thing I have regarding the "leak" so I can shut up about it is that a lot of these fake leaks bandwagon on trademarks or very vague, false, and public rumors.
-Fall Guys in 2021
-Gen 2 rerelease
-Smash news soon
-BOTW2 news
etc.

If you're in a leaks channel in lets say, a discord server, it's really easy to know about that sort of thing, and therefore, you're make a """'believable""" fake leak that has a lot of false things in it because it's bandwagoning off of trademarks and other stuff that mean nothing.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I am a leaker. Fighter 7 will be a character from a video game that someone somewhere isn't expecting. Said character will also feature a full moveset and will be incredibly hype for some portion of the fanbase. The character will also be from a franchise developed in the northern hemisphere.

Everyone here best screenshot this post. This leak will be 100% accurate.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If not Geno, I'm hoping we can get a character that either appeals to a lot of us Smash fans, or a character that gives us a lot to talk about for speculation going forward. If we get a less appealing character, we will be stuck discussing them until God knows when FP8 is announced, which could be as late as March 2021.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I am a leaker, here's my leak from my uncle source
-A game that already exists will be remade sometime soon
-A game that already exists will be ported to Switch soon
-A game that's already been announced will get news soon
-Smash is coming sometime between now and and the beginning of the mecha-JFK presidency. It will be a character from a game no one is speculating about who is very popular in Norway.
If you say my leak is unoriginal for just resting on games that are already known about to make things seem more believable, I will get my source to ban your NSO account. If any of this is wrong, Nintendo changed everything to mess with me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Rest easy lads. Bringing up Nazyrus Nazyrus observation in regards to the 7/11 ad; do recall that the ad will be up until October 4th (which is this upcoming Sunday). We now have official confirmation of a Pokémon-focused Direct happening tomorrow (most likely delving deeper into the Crown Tundra DLC for Sw/Sh). The other title in the 7/11 ad besides Pokémon is of course, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (specifically an image of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2). If the ad will be up until this Sunday, and we're getting the Pokémon news tomorrow, then it is very (and I mean VERY) likely, almost certain that we will be getting news on Smash's Fighters Pass Vol. 2 this week (otherwise, the 7/11 ad would have been misleading and would have the Company held responsible for said advertisement; i.e., legal trouble). It'll be either between Tuesday or Friday that we'll be getting the news. The time is nigh. :denzel:
If they didn't have a Smash presentation this week, they could be sued for false advertising, so that is correct. The earliest they could announce it is tomorrow after the Crown Tundra presentation

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Hi everyone! I hope people remember me. I just wanted to pop in and say I still support Geno. Things have been hectic with the pandemic. I was working from home, then I was getting harassed at my job, and now I just got a new job and I start mid-October. I also got married, moved in with my now wife, and we just bought a new car. So my life has been pretty good.

Anything new related to Geno since March? Cacomallow still strong I hope?

Firox

Smash Master

I had no idea Goku was originally a Persona character before he got his own manga/anime spin off. It's happening! :4pacman:
Seriously though, I'd ROFL if Goku was in a Persona game.

Goku: "Whoa, are we in a dream world or something? Who's that creepy-looking ghost guy with the dual pistols?"

Morgana: "This is Mementos, and watch out! That's the Grim Reaper! He's super dangerous—!"

(Goku punches the Reaper's head clean off its shoulders)

Goku: "Man, that was boring. You got anything to eat in the dream world? I'm starving!"

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If not Geno, I'm hoping we can get a character that either appeals to a lot of us Smash fans, or a character that gives us a lot to talk about for speculation going forward. If we get a less appealing character, we will be stuck discussing them until God knows when FP8 is announced, which could be as late as March 2021.
FP7 and FP8 most likely were going to be the E3 reveals so they won't be disappointing at all since all past E3 reveals were the bomb.

Last edited:

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
My reliable insider source said that this tweet was up on the official NoA account for 0.7 seconds before being taken down. What could it mean??

I believe the North American version was Mario Twins. Debuted on the Super 88 system. Junkie's was the exclusive NA retailer.

I remember they had a special, where if you bought ice cream you got the game and system for 2 dollar-ehs.

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
If they didn't have a Smash presentation this week, they could be sued for false advertising, so that is correct. The earliest they could announce it is tomorrow after the Crown Tundra presentation
Uh... Why are people saying this kind of thing? What part of it would be false advertising? They never said that there will be a Smash presentation by the time the ad gets taken down/changed, just that the ad is up until that specific date. I want the next character as much as anyone, but I really don't get the logic here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh... Why are people saying this kind of thing? What part of it would be false advertising? They never said that there will be a Smash presentation by the time the ad gets taken down/changed, just that the ad is up until that specific date. I want the next character as much as anyone, but I really don't get the logic here.
I really like everyone here but man, sometimes we hit lows that shouldn't even be possible.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've noticed in my lifetime that people have become more and more reactionary and willing to post uninformed knee-jerk responses since lots of other uninformed persons will agree with them and you can silence those who don't.

Real cases of false advertising would be No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 and Anthem. Sadly Sw/Sh do not fall under this as it's clearly shown how underwhelming the game is in their advertising.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so 7/11 Japan updates its ad, the current one of which contains info and code cards for Pokémon SwSh Season Pass, and Smash Ultimate FP2

The current ad is set to expire on 10/4 (aka this Sunday), and presumably be replaced with a new ad starting next Monday. Anything to be shown on this new ad will have to have been announced and revealed before Sunday (aka before the end of this week), and right now we’ve got an update for SwSh coming tomorrow, and as of now basically the only thing we can reasonably surmise is still unaccounted for from E3 is the Ultimate info on FP7+.

which is currently part of the 7/11 ad that is set to expire this week.

Tues and Thurs have been the announcement days for Sept, and currently tomorrow is the last of either of those days for the month and is already being occupied by Pokemon News

Major news and/or Smash News is always statistically announced towards the beginning of the month, and Thurs is 10/1, the literal beginning of the next month

Historically, Pokemon and Smash news come within a week or less of each other, with the minimum in recent times being 2 days apart. We have a date for the Pokemon news being tomorrow, meaning, at minimum, we could see Smash news 2 days after - again on Thurs 10/1

... Why are people immediately discounting the idea of anything happening this week, again?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've noticed in my lifetime that people have become more and more reactionary and willing to post uninformed knee-jerk responses since lots of other uninformed persons will agree with them and you can silence those who don't.

Real cases of false advertising would be No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 and Anthem. Sadly Sw/Sh do not fall under this as it's clearly shown how underwhelming the game is in their advertising.
It's not just the ad being up until the 4th, it's also past precedent as Nazyrus reminded us with the June stuff earlier this year

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Even if FP7 turns out to be an October release, don't rule out FP8 for December. Recall that the difference of release between the Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo and Kazooie was less than 2 months and Banjo and Terry's release was slightly over 2 months
Well we have had to wait this long for 7 until it's confirmed to actually be revealed this week which would mean 2/3 when last year we had 4. Idk, I get being optimistic and such but honestly January does seem more likely due to how quick this pass has came to a screeching halt anyway in comparison to the first. They had to play a boring guessing game with ARMS to tide us over which does suggest quite a lot. It's not like it's long to wait after years end anyway, it's like a month. Still some info to chew on would be nice.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 287137
there are people here STILL talking about that bogus reddit post that was obviously fake
Why.
Because people are ****ing stupid and will believe anything that anyone says regarding Smash so long as it's disappointing, that's why. Also...
>Someone unironically thought that using le ebin meme arrows should turn those comments into quote blocks
WHYYYYYYYY?!

View attachment 287140
Interesting discovery somebody has made.
Oh damn, finally! As for when this'll all go down, I'd say it'll most likely be next week rather than this week. While reveals typically tend to happen early in the month rather than later, they've never been so early as to fall on the first and second days of the month.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, this is where I've been with the 7/11 ad too, especially since Nintendo is painfully aware that it accidentally oopsie doopsied approximate release dates of two previous characters because of them (Banjo and Terry). Beyond that:

-We've never had a Smash character announced and released in the same week so it would ultimately still be for the pass whether they announced anyone this week or not.

-Nintendo's release schedule is blown wide open right at the moment and no new major game releases are planned from them until late October so why not push DLC? If I read correctly this morning, Mario 3D All Stars has already crushed the lifetime sales of Odyssey so clearly that doesn't need any help.

Until more comes up, I just think it was an ad just for the sake of putting out an ad. "But that's a waste of money!" (Sees Nintendo casually crushing sales records and putting out multiple million seller games this year despite the pandemic.) I think they can afford it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Easy, precedents. People here have already done their research, when these ads come up, a reveal happens 1 or 2 weeks prior. I dunno who did the research but I know it was someone here.

Until more comes up, I just think it was an ad just for the sake of putting out an ad. "But that's a waste of money!" (Sees Nintendo casually crushing sales records and putting out multiple million seller games this year despite the pandemic.) I think they can afford it.
Making bank has never made them reprint ads for no reason lol, we literally had people here point out how whenever the pass is promoted like this we get a reveal prior its take down. Pokemon being part of it and happening is proof that they don't do this for nothing, and money has nothing to do with it lol

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • Crown Tundra News

OPTIC BLAST.png

OK THEN, I GUESS WE DO HAVE TO GO THROUGH LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE BEFORE 7.

Seriously though, I get this is frustrating as all hell but everything still points to something this week or next, and now that we ALSO have website maintenance happen (which I know 100% happened before Terry released AND when we got the Small Battlefield update) there's no way we aren't getting it at this point, right? And there is something to be said that Nintendo is saving Smash for last in this month long "direct".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom