• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I ****in' knew it... Much to my annoyance this morning, I realized that there's been a major Pokemon RPG release almost every fall since 2013 when Nintendo decided to do global releases of the games:

2013: X and Y

2014: Ruby and Sapphire 2: Rayquaza's ****in' Pissed

2016: Sun and Moon

2017: Sun and Moon: You're Dumb Enough to Buy this Game Again a Year Later

2018: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

2019: Sword and Shield

2020 probably had a remake planned and dollars to donuts it was a quick cash in of Gold and Silver because of the 20th anniversary outside of Japan. So... We probably are getting a Pokemon presentation either in October or November. Again, the good news is that Smash news usually isn't far behind so HOPEFULLY this is another thing on the pile that we're probably in the last two weeks until 7...

The thing that worries me is that Pokemon has been getting increasingly mediocre on its own. I'd hate to imagine what a bunch of COVID delays have done to THIS year's annual release...

God, Sword and Shield are so massively disappointing. Played the game, got my competitive team set up and it just feels so empty.

I can't even be bothered to watch the stream.
That's the magic of what I like to call "the dead minimum". As in, GF's new development strategy.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Pretty much the entire Worldwide schedule for this year. It was unexpected to appear, but it will get better hopefully in 2021

Also,

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
The thing that worries me is that Pokemon has been getting increasingly mediocre on its own. I'd hate to imagine what a bunch of COVID delays have done to THIS year's annual release...
Matt Soda: "As emperor of Game Freak, I've made the executive decision to replace all existing pokemon with Dittos taking the form of Leon. This is to provide a sense of pride and accomplishment in being able to have a Charizard and be PANTS at directions. Also we've sent out a kill signal to disable every previously existing pokemon game so that everyone is forced to enjoy our newest entry. Thank you for understanding."

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This is your precedent of both series getting news the same week, literally a precedent set this year. It's not impossible lol, plus they are both in the 7/11 ad after all, there's no reason to print both for only one to happen :p they could have filled it with something else instead, like mario, pikmin, etc.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Not to be a pessimist, but I'm still skeptical at the idea that Fighter 77 must be a significantly hype pick, however that can be defined. One I think Nintendo has a different set of priorities with who and what they release (and heaven knows how the pandemic has affected that), and moreover the second pass started in contrast to the first via a well liked but modestly successful first party franchise fighter in Min Min vs. the mega popular third party character in Joker.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of bets are off as far as expectations with this one.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Not to be a pessimist, but I'm still skeptical at the idea that Fighter 77 must be a significantly hype pick, however that can be defined. One I think Nintendo has a different set of priorities with who and what they release (and heaven knows how the pandemic has affected that), and moreover the second pass started in contrast to the first via a well liked but modestly successful first party franchise fighter in Min Min vs. the mega popular third party character in Joker.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of bets are off as far as expectations with this one.
It depends on if you find Geno hype.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Of course, the Million Dollar Question is:
What character(s) has Sakurai and Nintendo has chosen for the Challenger 7 (possible 8 added in)?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Basically it's Thursday or bust for this week because 1. Smash announcements always have two days notice and 2. there's never been a Smash announcement on a Friday except for announcements of announcements. That said, it would need to be announced tomorrow (probably around 9 or 10 in the morning if you're an Amerilard) so we basically have 24 hours before we can decide if we're once again bonezoned for the week.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So when is the latest we can expect news this week?
As in an announcement for something that airs this week that would be Wednesday as Fridays are rarely noteworthy for such, but if it's for an announcement in general it would be Friday for Monday

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'll stand by what I've said prior; October 4th at the earliest. If we get an announcement this week, I'll eat my Geno hat.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One last thing...

Take these as you may.
This is your precedent of both series getting news the same week, literally a precedent set this year. It's not impossible lol, plus they are both in the 7/11 ad after all, there's no reason to print both for only one to happen :p they could have filled it with something else instead, like mario, pikmin, etc.
Doesn't mean the pattern can't break.

Remember the NEW tag on the Smash Ultimate site?

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
It's this one. https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...neral_nintendo_direct_wont_be_happening_this/ The user deleted the post. And I remember something mentioning the SWSH presentation, but I need a screencap to confirm it.
The """leak""" contained that Gen 2 will get a rerelease, which isn't happening.
7 isn't western.
Also, Nate said we'll be getting BOTW2 news before the end of the year, this person went against that.

Honestly though, this person done their research, but its fake, because 7 isn't western, and a Gen 2 rerelease isn't happening.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Thank you and oh ****, it's true. Ok, so FP7 will not be Geno but rather a rep from the west that is popular. I'm betting it's the Doom Slayer.
It's not true, it also said Prime Trilogy is "having trouble with development", when Imran confirmed it was finished.

Dismiss this please, and don't worry about it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Chances are tomorrow's presentation for Crown Tundra is going to confirm a late October/early November release and the gap would be sizable enough to not cause conflict the upcoming FP7 release

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, not to let flames continue to grow. Which characters are popular in the west past Banjo and Kazooie as Challenger 3 in FP1?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ok, not to let flames continue to grow. Which characters are popular in the west past Banjo and Kazooie as Challenger 3 in FP1?
Crash Bandicoot and debatedly Master Chief would be the top two as far as Western characters go.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The """leak""" contained that Gen 2 will get a rerelease, which isn't happening.
7 isn't western.
Also, Nate said we'll be getting BOTW2 news before the end of the year, this person went against that.

Honestly though, this person done their research, but its fake, because 7 isn't western, and a Gen 2 rerelease isn't happening.
Just to add to this. A BIG reason 7 is extremely unlikely to be a Western character is because they would have been the opening act for E3. Considering there's only one true Western character in Smash right now, adding another is a pretty big deal. As shown many times, E3 has always had at least two character reveals meaning if literally the second Western character to ever join Smash was meant to be one of the reveals, it would be 8, not 7. Just to hammer in this point even more, the second Western character will be the first Western character added that wasn't previously owned by Nintendo so that's a REALLY big deal. That's not an opening act kind of character, that's a grand finale character.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Also like, this """leak""" is the most obviously fake leak around even ignoring the actual info it gives. Mentioning some vague shadowy "source" while also knowing a massive variety of info from a bunch of different franchises that no one source would know. It's like a fake leak best of.
You can clearly tell if a leak is fake nowadays.
You can make a random account, say "My source told me Bowser is getting cut from Ultimate along with Left Joy-Con joining the battle", and you'll have people believing you for some stupid reason.

"My source" is now the new "My uncle works at Nintendo", so I can see these people are evolving.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
You can clearly tell a leak is fake nowadays.
You can make a random account, say "My source told me Bowser is getting cut from Ultimate along with Left Joy-Con joining the battle", and you'll have people believing you for some stupid reason.

"My source" is now the new "My uncle works at Nintendo", so I can see these people are evolving.
Deep down, I want to be a software engineer for Nintendo of America just so my nieces and nephews can actually say "My uncle works at Nintendo".

Only one minor problem with doing that is that I do not in anyway want to be a software engineer in the video game industry. There's way too much stress and sleeplessness for my taste.
Then again, that's basically the same thing as being a Raiders fan so...

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if FP7 turns out to be an October release, don't rule out FP8 for December. Recall that the difference of release between the Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo and Kazooie was less than 2 months and Banjo and Terry's release was slightly over 2 months

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so Thursday/Friday is still a possibility even with Pokemon info tomorrow.

Chances it’s considered a Smash Direct Mini? I really can’t see them only revealing one of the two(?) E3 characters when they’ve been sitting on both reveals for months and probably both 7 and 8 are basically fully-done at this point even considering the Min Min delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom