• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Looking at all of the general news posts so far, they have never advertised the Sakurai Presents in Smash Ultimate itself. So probably not.
Mm... Well, the images are on Nintendo's website, no? And they would want to promote that, he said the images aren't in Smash directly.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think the Reddit guy is spitballing because of the trademark update a few weeks ago. Remember how Entei was weirdly one of the big trademarks to come out of it? The DKC trademark updated with three of the items being "a downloadable game", "a mobile game" and "a home console game" and, BOOM, DKC2 gets announced for NSO literally a day later, knocking out the first. Of the 8 trademarks, Entei was the only one that didn't (well,at least not yet) have a September announcement. Say, guys, let me just go on Wiki real quick... Oh God damnit... October is the 20th anniversary for Gold and Silver outside Japan and the 10th anniversary for Heart Gold and Soul Silver... Are we getting a """"""""""surprise"""""""" Pokemon presentation in October with Pokemon Let's Go Drink Random Bottles in the Garage as the focus?
If it is in October, we could still get an announcement this week on maybe Friday, since it will be October then, in my opinion. That's possible, right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If it is in October, we could still get an announcement this week on maybe Friday, since it will be October then, in my opinion. That's possible, right?
Yeah... As Paraspikey Paraspikey has repeatedly noted, there's coincidentally another investors meeting this Wednesday meaning something on Thursday has always been in the cards. On the upside, Pokemon stuff almost always comes before Smash by about a week so if we're getting a "surprise" Pokemon presentation on Thursday, I'll take it.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Found this in the Newcomer thread, and this time...it's a Reddit leak.

No, this... isn't real.
Gen 2 rerelease.
Simply bandwagoning on the recent trademarks that were proven to mean nothing.
Also... Gen 2 release, but no Gen 1? That's really stupid and would be really odd, if you're going to port one, you might as well port the other ones.

Also, no, 7 isn't from a western company, if any western character were planned, they got pushed, COVID made it kinda sorta hard to talk to companies outside of Japan, and it was already hard enough to contact companies within Japan.

Recent 4chan leak was wrong.
How... blind must this guy be?

You can go on any platform, talk about random bull, say you got it from a "source", and just leave.

Dismiss this.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Found this in the Newcomer thread, and this time...it's a Reddit leak.

"Still planning for Metroid prime Trilogy. Trouble with port development. Possibly delayed until Q1 2021. "
I seem to recall that Imran Khan said that Metroid Prime Trilogy "was long done".
How can it have trouble with development when it's supposedly ready and waiting for a release...?

"Still planning for Super Metroid remake in 2021."
Yoshio Sakamoto said previously that there's no plans for another remake any time soon.
I think a Super Metroid remake should be a last resort, but I'd take it over a Fusion remake any day.
I think MercurySteam might be working on a new 2D Metroid game.

"No gameplay/release date for Prime 4."
Easy guess.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah... As Paraspikey Paraspikey has repeatedly noted, there's coincidentally another investors meeting this Wednesday meaning something on Thursday has always been in the cards. On the upside, Pokemon stuff almost always comes before Smash by about a week so if we're getting a "surprise" Pokemon presentation on Thursday, I'll take it.
I really doubt it would be that early. The release date according to what I've read is for November. Early October seems unlikely for Crown Tundra and its very clear WINTER theme

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I would definitely prefer if Smash goes first, because Pokemon still has plenty of time for a Crown Tundra video before releasing... but if Pokemon goes first, then at least it would mean Nintendo has literally nothing but Smash left on the cards, and it will just be a matter of waiting for that next weekly announcement... assuming Nintendo doesn't decide to drop another unannounced game like Kirby Fighters 2 on us.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 287019

Let's have some fun, where do you see Geno falling on this diagram here?
Zoner is probably the most predictable category to put him in, considering most of his attacks would likely be projectiles and other such tools that go out from a distance. I think he could also possibly go under mixup or trapper, MAYBE hit & run, but that mostly depends on how fast they decide to make him.

Also, Marth is considered a zoner? I get that his sword is kinda long, but I don’t think he really has that much in the way of long distance compared to everyone else in the category.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
View attachment 287022
View attachment 287023

I do agree that Pokemon and Smash are normally events that are around each other, but Pokemon doesn't come before Smash, they don't make it that way because there is no need to.
Are you just forgetting the fact that was the presentation for Unite, the Tencent mobile game, and that a different Pokemon Presents was a week earlier with the actual news?

Anyway, they aren't going to announce a new Pokemon game in October, they are clearly committed to a set release month of November for every major game since ORAS and with the 25th next year you can bet your ass they aren't revealing the 2021 games until February.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 287022
View attachment 287023

I do agree that Pokemon and Smash are normally events that are around each other, but Pokemon doesn't come before Smash, they don't make it that way because there is no need to.
Take down that image before a Nintendo employee who is lurking on this thread sees it and reports back to Nintendo to correct you.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Are you just forgetting the fact that was the presentation for Unite, the Tencent mobile game, and that a different Pokemon Presents was a week earlier with the actual news?
It's still Pokemon news, it was still a new Pokemon game that they revealed within a Pokemon event, regardless of the quality of the content, they branded as a Pokemon Presents, so it'll be treated as such.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
View attachment 287022
View attachment 287023

That's why I said almost always because it was like this in January and before most E3 presentations. Regardless, they're typically in close proximity to each other. That's the takeaway.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but you are forgetting one thing. There was a Pokemon Presents In June 17th: https://youtu.be/WEVctuQTeaI
Maybe Nintendo tends to present Pokemon before Smash. If we are getting Smash in late October I will be mad
We did have one beforehand, but we also had one after Smash.
What people are saying we get the Pokemon stuff before Smash, but... if that was the case, we would of gotten both Pokemon Presents before Min Min's reveal, but we didn't, we got one after.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We’ll get Crown Tundra news a few weeks before it drops. Could be October, could even be next week, but it’ll most likely be November.

And with the dlc so close, I highly doubt they’ll reveal a whole new main series game this soon. They’ll want the attention on the Crown Tundra. Next year’s the series’ 25th anniversary so they’ll probably save Destiny Diamond/Perilous Pearl or Let’s Go Shuckle and Sudowoodo for next year.

We might get an update on Pokemon Snap though :4pacman:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think the Reddit guy is spitballing because of the trademark update a few weeks ago. Remember how Entei was weirdly one of the big trademarks to come out of it? The DKC trademark updated with three of the items being "a downloadable game", "a mobile game" and "a home console game" and, BOOM, DKC2 gets announced for NSO literally a day later, knocking out the first. Of the 8 trademarks, Entei was the only one that didn't (well,at least not yet) have a September announcement. Say, guys, let me just go on Wiki real quick... Oh God damnit... October is the 20th anniversary for Gold and Silver outside Japan and the 10th anniversary for Heart Gold and Soul Silver... Are we getting a """"""""""surprise"""""""" Pokemon presentation in October with Pokemon Let's Go Drink Random Bottles in the Garage as the focus?
Oh boy, I can't wait to not purchase Pokemon Let's Go! Pichu and Let's Go! Togepi! It's gonna be great!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sometimes, I feel like Nintendo fans who are not Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, or Fire Emblem fans are just here to suffer. Nintendo should have more DK, Metroid, and Star Fox games pumping out instead of just making a game or two for those franchises a decade. Plus they should bring back F-Zero and Golden Sun. I love Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon but I'm tired of just those franchises and Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem getting tons of games throughout the decade.

MattX20

Smash Hero
One more thing to take into account: Japan celebrates Halloween. Advertising the Crown Tundra during the month of Halloween would not be a particularly wise move as most people don't associate Halloween with snow. Smash however doesn't have that problem and can advertise the Fighter Pass at any time of year. It's why I'm more confident in FP7 than I am in Pokemon news for this week

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My nephew wants to make games but the first thing he thought of was just making a copy of mario with his own plumber character that's a different color

So I told him about the reputation that recolored OC's have
I would warn him about copyright law even though he might be too young to understand.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would warn him about copyright law even though he might be too young to understand.
He's too young. He watches a lot of youtubers that play terrible games with licensed characters so he thinks what people do to make games is using a bunch of characters other people made and mashing them together.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh boy, I can't wait to not purchase Pokemon Let's Go! Pichu and Let's Go! Togepi! It's gonna be great!
It's funny because I remember one of the Pokemon presentations this year (I don't remember if it was the January or June one) and watching the chat as the presenters no so subtly had shelves lined with Johto stuff and everyone was like "Oh god no... PLEASE don't announce a Let's Go Johto... "

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
He's too young. He watches a lot of youtubers that play terrible games with licensed characters so he thinks what people do to make games is using a bunch of characters other people made and mashing them together.
Oh no...he thinks making games is fanfiction. Save him from the everything based around Sonic on deviantart/a billion other sites!

Meanwhile, good thing my OC, Bleno isn't in that category.
Originalcharacterdonotstealpleax

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm getting it if it's Let's Go Snubble
Yeah... Come to think of it... Why Entei for a potential Let's Go game? I could see Entei and Suicoom but it doesn't exactly work the same way as Pikachu and Eevee, does it...

Professor Elm: "Here you go ten year old child! Your first Pokemon!"

(2 minutes later)

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Yeah... Come to think of it... Why Entei for a potential Let's Go game? I could see Entei and Suicoom but it doesn't exactly work the same way as Pikachu and Eevee, does it...

(2 minutes later)

In my case, the same would somehow happen with a Suicune.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

(2 minutes later)

And that's why if Pokemon were real, you should never give you kid one to train with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom