• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hypothetically, if Geno is not 7 and 8 by March 2021, I’m not really sure what this means for Geno. They could reveal a Mario character after 7, but we have a tournament focusing Mario very soon. It’s basically a perfect time to release the Mario character before the tournament that starts in November or December. They could release Geno later since I believe the events end in March 2021. However, the Mii costume returning or being upgraded is our biggest answer. For all we know Nintendo may not care releasing a fighter for Mario 35th, even though they did adding a Mario Maker stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Sakurai says that you have 5 to choose from this list to fill out the pass, who do you choose?

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
It's funny how this image has basically leaked the rest of FP2, but you know, I guess putting in enough red herrings allows stuff like this to fly.

But, to entertain the masses and follow a trend here...

My list form here would be Geno, Lloyd, Hayabusa, Amaterasu and Sora.

Geno goes without saying.

Lloyd means a lot to a friend of mine that I've talked about here before and I feel as though he would be the most fun and interesting swordfighter yet. Having a unique style with dualwielding and hopefully canceling special moves into his other moves to get different moves would be amazing to play in Smash.

Hayabusa is also a really big deal for another friend of mine, and I have some idea of all the cool stuff he could bring with him, what with climbing and clinging and Ninjutsu and weapons.

I've never played Okami but Amaterasu just looks so freakin' cool and I want to see another take on her in a fighting-esq game. I want to see how Sakurai and Co. would design her.

Sora is because, as I have said before, even though KH3 burned me real good I still have some love left for the series from my childhood. I also think he would be really interesting to play as in Smash, being a light and floating character that heavily focuses on combos but has hard-hitting spells with weird hitboxes.

SeanHicksArt

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by that?
I think they just meant from a speculative standpoint- those seem to be the common characters that people put in their "Fighter Pass 2 wishlist/speculation". I assure you, no one knows the rest of FP2. As of right now, maybe 1 or 2 fighters are known of with full confidence and confidentially, but that's all (and those people won't make a post like that).

The waiting game has been a long one, but I feel optimistic about Fighter 7 being shown soon ™

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling monster hunter is going to happen, arms had an assist trophy and got into FP2. Its my second most wanted character to get into smash, Geno being the first. If Both get in that would be amazing.

Last edited:

Colors

Smash Rookie
It means nothing. No one here knows the contents of Fighters Pass 2. What's presented in that image is a compilation of popular, retro, and even iconic picks. The likelihood of even one of those characters joining smash feels pretty high due to popularity and rumor alone, so it's easy to make a vague prediction surrounding it.

But on that note, I wish an actual leaker would pop up right about now. Smash speculation was so good last week but I feel it's come to a crawl again. 😞

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The coming of Geno to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be a moment of catharsis.
The coming of Crash Bandicoot to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be a moment of unification.
The coming of Mickey Mouse to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... would herald the End of Times.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Fighters Pass Vol. 2: Final Revelation

Available Soon on Netflix and Hulu Plus.
This film is rated PG-13.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Basically he's saying that this pool of characters is going to be most if not all the Season 2 characters. At most I could see maybe 2 that aren't in this pool of characters but this pretty much covers all the bases outside of total curve balls.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how this image has basically leaked the rest of FP2, but you know, I guess putting in enough red herrings allows stuff like this to fly.

But, to entertain the masses and follow a trend here...

My list form here would be Geno, Lloyd, Hayabusa, Amaterasu and Sora.

Geno goes without saying.

Lloyd means a lot to a friend of mine that I've talked about here before and I feel as though he would be the most fun and interesting swordfighter yet. Having a unique style with dualwielding and hopefully canceling special moves into his other moves to get different moves would be amazing to play in Smash.

Hayabusa is also a really big deal for another friend of mine, and I have some idea of all the cool stuff he could bring with him, what with climbing and clinging and Ninjutsu and weapons.

I've never played Okami but Amaterasu just looks so freakin' cool and I want to see another take on her in a fighting-esq game. I want to see how Sakurai and Co. would design her.

Sora is because, as I have said before, even though KH3 burned me real good I still have some love left for the series from my childhood. I also think he would be really interesting to play as in Smash, being a light and floating character that heavily focuses on combos but has hard-hitting spells with weird hitboxes.
I don't want to get too off topic because this isn't Geno related, but I wanted to know why KH3 burned you. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game series and KH3 is my favorite entry so far. From what I see people saying online, people either absolutely love KH3 or they think it's one of the worst Kingdom Hearts games. Just wanted to get your opinion on it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I know the whole pass, but I'm not telling. I will hint that the next character is male, has four letters, ends in an O, rhymes with Geno, is found on the bed of the ocean, has a cape, its Geno, is similar to a Disney character that involved a blue fairy and a whale and likes rocky road ice cream.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Sakurai says that you have 5 to choose from this list to fill out the pass, who do you choose?

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright

Personally insulted that they didn't add The Prince of All Cosmos to this roster (while both Klonoa (no offense to Klonoa fans, of course! He's super cool too!) and KOS-MOS get to be there), but here are my picks:

• Crash
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Gex
  • Don-chan
  • Bandana Waddle Dee

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, anyone expecting a Sakurai Presents announcement this week, or even tomorrow?
I'm expecting something early in October but maybe not October 1st early.

-Direct page keeps getting updates. So far this has been a pretty reliable marker for something within two weeks of the fact.

-As the notorious leaker Pine-Shadow pointed out the other day, Nintendo accidentally leaked the photo contest early and it has 12 "announcements" before it based on the numbering. Most of these announcements are likely: this week's Smash event, next week's Smash event, 7 itself, 7's Mii costumes (no less than 4 but no more than 6), and 7's spirit board meaning up to 10 are easily filled by 7's announcement itself.

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Considering the amount of people pushing for Geno who was only on the SNES, the lack of Crono is peoples picks makes me sad. Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger were my two favorite games on the SNES.
I have a bit of a feeling that once Geno gets in, Crono may become a more popular request. Less because of overlap between the fanbases, but more because it would pump up the fans of Chrono Trigger to get their character in after seeing another classic SNES RPG character get in through fan demand.

MattX20

Smash Hero

-Direct page keeps getting updates. So far this has been a pretty reliable marker for something within two weeks of the fact.

-As the notorious leaker Pine-Shadow pointed out the other day, Nintendo accidentally leaked the photo contest early and it has 12 "announcements" before it based on the numbering. Most of these announcements are likely: this week's Smash event, next week's Smash event, 7 itself, 7's Mii costumes (no less than 4 but no more than 6), and 7's spirit board meaning up to 10 are easily filled by 7's announcement itself.
I'm fairly certain that we'll see the Sakurai Presents for FP7 this week, even if the release date is pushed back next week

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
A big happy birthday to you in March but, YUCK! No thank you.

Hope your birthday is great and you're a Geno pro after he's been in the game for a while by then ;]
but, march 9th is when mario rpg came out in japan?? and next year is smrpgs 25th. wouldnt it make sense?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I was looking through my photo gallery and found something that I made for the thread awhile back. I never got around to posting it due to Smashboards being finicky, but I managed to send it this time so here it is now. Better late then never I suppose!
48269EF6-204C-4593-B1F6-C04DE053FED8.jpeg

60A3A9FD-36FA-40EE-A15B-6C0356C42A58.jpeg

3C70CB23-446C-41A9-83FC-67B2E54E13A4.jpeg

14EC08E2-84BE-4552-BEFC-720EAE685BC2.jpeg

28E17B6B-0042-41D4-9AAE-265D9E1F92E4.jpeg

71005BB5-88A3-4F4C-A9A7-C63BD920A206.jpeg
@Polarthief’s “The List” was where I got most of my information for this project from, so I want to give a massive thanks to them for compiling all the info, and everyone else for finding the info in the first place. I only take credit for creating the images, everything else was all you guys.

These images were created over a month ago, so there’s definitely some information that’s outdated/missing (For instance, the Mario 35th rumors have already happened and been confirmed to be real). I do however think these images contain a lot of great information so feel free to share them around!

It won’t be much longer everyone, I have a feeling our journey is almost over. Let’s get this show on the road!

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through my photo gallery and found something that I made for the thread awhile back. I never got around to posting it due to Smashboards being finicky, but I managed to send it this time so here it is now. Better late then never I suppose!
@Polarthief’s “The List” was where I got most of my information for this project from, so I want to give a massive thanks to them for compiling all the info, and everyone else for finding the info in the first place. I only take credit for creating the images, everything else was all you guys.

These images were created over a month ago, so there’s definitely some information that’s outdated/missing (For instance, the Mario 35th rumors have already happened and been confirmed to be real). I do however think these images contain a lot of great information so feel free to share them around!

It won’t be much longer everyone, I have a feeling our journey is almost over. Let’s get this show on the road!
i love this! so much information in one package deal!!

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Geno should be announced in March, because that is my birthday and would be the perfect present from Nintendo
My hope for March is life won’t as bleak and depressing as it has been. All predictions and evidence I’ve seen is that October is too early for a release, and we can’t expect a bright world until late Q1 of next year at the very soonest.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

You know what you should do... Link it in your sig and call it The List ™™. Then The List ™ will have a rival

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So far the only weird going-ons for this week are the multiple maintenances on the E-shop tomorrow and the Japanese My Nintendo website going down for four days starting tomorrow and going until October 1st for undisclosed reasons so today is yet another Sunday where we keep refreshing our newsfeeds until our eyes start to feel like fried eggs or something of potential interest comes up.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Pretty nice infographic. Covers a lot of the major points in an easy to digest format. I guess one critique I have for it is the lack of the Gamestop thing in the Leaks/Rumors section.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I decided to do a bit of quick research into spirit events and DLC fighter releases to see if they coincided or not. This is what I found:

Piranha Plant released on February 1st, 2019 for purchase, the spirit event MEGA SPIRITS! occurred on the same day

Joker released on April 17th, 2019 and the spirit event Castlevania: Spirit Nocturne occurred 2 days later after that on the 19th

The Dragon Quest heroes released on July 30th, but there was a spirit event 4 days prior to it with the Mother Series 30th Anniversary

Banjo and Kazooie released on September 4th, and there was one spirit event 4 days prior with Change Your Fate!

Terry released on November 6th, and a spirit event occurred 5 days prior with Smash by the Sword.

Byleth released on January 28th and there was the River City Smash event 4 days prior on the 24th.

Lastly, Min Min released on June 29th, and the spirit event that was close to her release was Nefarious Ne'er-do-wells which occurred 3 days prior on the 26th and ended on the day of her release.

All the info regarding the spirit board event dates can be found here https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_Spirit_Board_events

I bring this up because you can have the announcement of a fighter and a spirit event occur within a week of each other, so you can have the spirit event announcement and the Sakurai Presents for FP7 occur within a few days

Colors

Smash Rookie

I also wanted to thank you for putting all this together in a neat little package! I'm a sucker for compilations of "suggestive evidence" that point towards a character's inclusion. They're so fun and satisfying to read through, and you chose a pleasant formatting and color scheme! Lovely aesthetics. I would be in love if this went into further detail, such as with associated pictures showcasing the glitches, tweets, and images.

A suggestion I had was perhaps, underlining the passages or keypoints with the same yellowy tonal value, and then have it branch out towards the empty, blurred blue background element to encase / present an image. I enjoyed your infographic so much that I created a brief example of what I'm trying to convey.

1. Underlining keypoints and then showcasing the keypoint in a visual format.
2. Underlining the entire paragraph and then branching out to the left, attached to the picture frame.
3. Underlining the entire paragraph and then branching out to underscore a detached picture frame.

Honestly, I think example #1 is the best. It's a great way to visually contextualize these points while eliminating some of that negative, empty space.

This is the makings of an amazing infographic! And as others have stated, it could be a lot longer since it omits some details that might suggest Geno's inclusion, such as the GameStop remarks. Concerning your infographic again, my suggestions aren't here because I believe it to be flawed. They're here because I'm so enamored by your work ethic and the integrity of your contribution that I want to be a part of it, to build something positive and meaningful as a community.

To put my fondness into perspective, I would have given this Gold if it were a Reddit post! Thank you for your hard work.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty nice infographic. Covers a lot of the major points in an easy to digest format. I guess one critique I have for it is the lack of the Gamestop thing in the Leaks/Rumors section.
Not to mention insiders hearing Geno as well and Imran Kahn possibly hinting Geno while casually talking about him like he did with Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

If you say so. I am still hopeful for this week. Even though I can wait longer, we have waited for too long, already.

On another note, can you please DM Me, Fatman? I want to talk to you about something.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Since we usually talk about Blocked Content on here, I thought it would be funny if I shared this with you all.

A few minutes ago, Blocked Content commented on my parody video I made of him. At first I thought it was a parody account pretending to be him, but I clicked on the channel and to my surprise, it was the real Blocked Content. Here is what he wrote:

20200927_162147.png

He basically low-key admitted that my parody is a lot like his channel.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given what pinshadow pinshadow made clear with the photo contest post on Wednesday, it seems like the release schedule will probably end up something like this: the Sakurai Presents occurs this week along with the regularly scheduled spirit event/tournament at bare minimum and then on the week of the 9th is the absolute latest FP7 releases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom