• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm expecting something early in October but maybe not October 1st early.

-Direct page keeps getting updates. So far this has been a pretty reliable marker for something within two weeks of the fact.

-As the notorious leaker Pine-Shadow pointed out the other day, Nintendo accidentally leaked the photo contest early and it has 12 "announcements" before it based on the numbering. Most of these announcements are likely: this week's Smash event, next week's Smash event, 7 itself, 7's Mii costumes (no less than 4 but no more than 6), and 7's spirit board meaning up to 10 are easily filled by 7's announcement itself.
Notorious leaker Pine-Shadow here, not exactly. Post numbers on the in-game site are assigned based on the kind of post it is. Spirit Events, Tournies, and General Posts (everything else) are all numbered seperately from each other. So those 11 missing posts were all general posts, not for spirit or tourney events. I made a post about this a few days ago (on phone right now , can't find it at the moment) that basically summarized that all of the missing posts would be accounted for if Number 7 had 6 mii costumes with them given how many posts characters in the past have come with.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Given what pinshadow pinshadow made clear with the photo contest post on Wednesday, it seems like the release schedule will probably end up something like this: the Sakurai Presents occurs this week along with the regularly scheduled spirit event/tournament at bare minimum and then on the week of the 9th is the absolute latest FP7 releases.
Seems like it. Let's hope this week will be the time to announce the presentation.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
This two decades nightmare may end in less than 10 days. Don’t lose faith.
A lot of people have said it, and many more haven't, but your optimism and bright outlook are really appreciated man.

This one response in particular rang really well with me. Thanks for it all through this speculation time, man :)

Can't wait till Geno gets his announcement.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't really watch Blocked Content, but I thought this 4chan leak was interesting:

So this 4chan leaker says Geno is going to be revealed next week in a presentation and he's going to come along with a Bowser's Keep stage, five tracks including one remix, a Spirit board, and Cat Mario, Crono, Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Chocobo, and Cadence Mii costumes.

I know this should be taken with a GIANT grain of salt since this is a random 4chan leak being covered on Blocked Content's channel, but I thought it was interesting because of us getting a potential reveal next week as well as the Monster Hunter Mii costumes returning as well as the rumored Cadence Mii costume being in this leak.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, is the Amiibo theory still valid? I mean, I thought something Smash Amiibo was supposed to come out last week. I could be wrong, though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, is the Amiibo theory still valid? I mean, I thought something Smash Amiibo was supposed to come out last week. I could be wrong, though.
Amiibo theory is still valid, yes. Generally, Smash DLC isn't revealed more than 2 weeks after an amiibo release in Japan

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Thanks everyone for the kind reception and critiques! I’m going to make an updated version of the compendium soon and will be using all of your suggestions, thanks once again! :geno:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Joker and Hero amiibos came out in Japan last week, I believe... keywords being "in Japan", because they haven't been released outside yet and are scheduled to release in early October.
Kinda thought so. Kinda missed the Japan part too. Thanks.

Amiibo theory is still valid, yes. Generally, Smash DLC isn't revealed more than 2 weeks after an amiibo release in Japan
Thanks to you, too.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I don't really watch Blocked Content, but I thought this 4chan leak was interesting:

So this 4chan leaker says Geno is going to be revealed next week in a presentation and he's going to come along with a Bowser's Keep stage, five tracks including one remix, a Spirit board, and Cat Mario, Crono, Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Chocobo, and Cadence Mii costumes.

I know this should be taken with a GIANT grain of salt since this is a random 4chan leak being covered on Blocked Content's channel, but I thought it was interesting because of us getting a potential reveal next week as well as the Monster Hunter Mii costumes returning as well as the rumored Cadence Mii costume being in this leak.
The thing that makes me most doubt this is the Cat Mario costume - it would literally just be a cat suit... which we already have.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The thing that makes me most doubt this is the Cat Mario costume - it would literally just be a cat suit... which we already have.
I mean, Nintendo has put pointless Mii costumes like this in packs before. It wouldn't be no surprise especially since the costume would be coming with a Mario fighter.

MattX20

Smash Hero

What kills the credibility of the leak is the fact both Nintendo and Capcom mii costumes are released alongside Square IPs. Given their history, I seriously doubt they are going to allow other companies properties be mixed with their stuff.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

What kills the credibility of this leak is the lack of Smithy and especially Mallow Mii costumes

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What kills the credibility of the leak is the fact both Nintendo and Capcom mii costumes are released alongside Square IPs. Given their history, I seriously doubt they are going to allow other companies properties be mixed with their stuff.
I mean, Microsoft allowed a Konami costume, a Toby Fox costume, two Capcom costumes, and a Nintendo costume in Banjo's pack.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Found this in the Newcomer thread, and this time...it's a Reddit leak.

Idk it doesn't take a genius to realise that there isn't going to be a direct this year unfortunately. It's less of a leak and more of an obvious guess especially when it's they obviously don't have sources.

Nice find but it's common knowledge at this point that they have stopped doing any first party direct stuff minus game specific and partner showcases for the rest of the year.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Idk it doesn't take a genius to realise that there isn't going to be a direct this year unfortunately. It's less of a leak and more of an obvious guess especially when it's they obviously don't have sources.

Nice find but it's common knowledge at this point that they have stopped doing any first party direct stuff minus game specific and partner showcases for the rest of the year.
Their “info” was way too easy to guess, and FP7 being a character no one saw coming from a western franchise is way too broad. If someone knew that info, they’d know who the fighter was. Or at the very least the franchise.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And also the Cacomallow leak which hasn't been confirm fake.
True. But out of the two, I would put more stock in Mii costume guy's list being true due to it having Goemon and the Team Rocket minions in it. I mean, he made this list like 2 months before Banjo's Mii costumes were revealed. Goemon and the Team Rocket minions are so out of leftfield that if someone guess correctly it's hard to ignore.

T2by4

Smash Lord

Only thing that that may add up is the fact there's 6 costumes which I think someone pointed out earlier which may be possible. Other than that...
>>>Blocked Content
As for the reddit post, person seems to know too much to be legit. Usually if there's a leak it's because someone got ahold of a general direct which has all the info, this guy claims to know that there wont be a general direct while simultaneously knowing everything else going on in Nintendo. The reddit post is somehow more unrealistic fhan the 4chan one. The 4chan on at the very least keeps it with one game, that redditor claims to know EVERYTHING going on with mintendo.

Part of me hopes blocked content is right for once, Bowsers Keep is exactly what I wanted for Geno's stage with the fight being at the bottom with the chandelier's transitioning to the top with Exor being a boss that slowly descends in the background and will attack occasionally.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
With genuine leaks, as Fatman once put it, the info is often vague and not always the clearest. A dead ringer for a fake leak a lot of the time is knowing too much detail about the contents.
Ok yeah, but my source just told me the rest of the characters in the fighter pass, the content of the next 5 Fighter Passes we're getting and what Sakurai ate for lunch on July 18th 2018
So take that

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Notorious leaker Pine-Shadow here, not exactly. Post numbers on the in-game site are assigned based on the kind of post it is. Spirit Events, Tournies, and General Posts (everything else) are all numbered seperately from each other. So those 11 missing posts were all general posts, not for spirit or tourney events. I made a post about this a few days ago (on phone right now , can't find it at the moment) that basically summarized that all of the missing posts would be accounted for if Number 7 had 6 mii costumes with them given how many posts characters in the past have come with.
Sorry if this has been addressed already but thinking about this... wouldn’t all but two be filled?
I mean, since there’s 11 general news posts not yet filled, and Joker came with 9. So here’s what 9 of them would be:
1: Mii Costume #1
2: Mii Costume #2
3: Mii Costume #3
4: Mii Costume #4
5: Mii Costume #5
6: Mii Costume #6
7: “Fighter’s Pass 2 available for purchase”
8: “(whoever challenger #7 is) Challenger Pack Now Available
9: presumably, “Ver. 9.0.0 Distribution”
Two of them being empty would be pretty odd I think, right? I’m not going to be spouting “FIGHTER #8 TO BE ACTUALLY REVEALED SOON?!” or “PIRANHA PLANT HAD HIS OWN SO MAYBE WE’RE GETTING A BONUS TOO?!” even if I knew exactly what the two general news popups that are missing are but the whole thing is peculiar.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Two of them being empty would be pretty odd I think, right? I’m not going to be spouting “FIGHTER #8 TO BE ACTUALLY REVEALED SOON?!” or “PIRANHA PLANT HAD HIS OWN SO MAYBE WE’RE GETTING A BONUS TOO?!” even if I knew exactly what the two general news popups that are missing are but the whole thing is peculiar.
Want to ask a question here...
Can't the magical "2 missing slots" be the Sakurai Presents announcement and a reminder to said Sakurai Presents the day of?

Would be kinda odd to have Fighter 77's posts prepared, but not the Sakurai Presents announcement.

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Want to ask a question here...
Can't the magical "2 missing slots" be the Sakurai Presents announcement and a reminder to said Sakurai Presents the day of?

Would be kinda odd to have Fighter 77's posts prepared, but not the Sakurai Presents announcement.
Looking at all of the general news posts so far, they have never advertised the Sakurai Presents in Smash Ultimate itself. So probably not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think the Reddit guy is spitballing because of the trademark update a few weeks ago. Remember how Entei was weirdly one of the big trademarks to come out of it? The DKC trademark updated with three of the items being "a downloadable game", "a mobile game" and "a home console game" and, BOOM, DKC2 gets announced for NSO literally a day later, knocking out the first. Of the 8 trademarks, Entei was the only one that didn't (well,at least not yet) have a September announcement. Say, guys, let me just go on Wiki real quick... Oh God damnit... October is the 20th anniversary for Gold and Silver outside Japan and the 10th anniversary for Heart Gold and Soul Silver... Are we getting a """"""""""surprise"""""""" Pokemon presentation in October with Pokemon Let's Go Drink Random Bottles in the Garage as the focus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom