• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We can mark today off. So either tomorrow, Thursday or Friday (If Friday, a Monday presentation then) otherwise we're probably waiting until next week for our character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With the Pokémon DLC releasing on the fourth week of October and Pikmin 3 Deluxe releasing on the fifth week of October, that leaves the first three weeks of the month open for Smash. Sakurai Presents could be announed later this week or next week, with the character released the following week. If we are getting Smash news in October, we are getting it soon.
Agreed. Fundra in the Tundra being bumped to late October is good news in my eyes. I feel like this further solidifies that if Nintendo is going to be doing news dumps in October, they're going to be during the first half of the month. So, the 1st, 8th, and 15th are looking like our potential big news days in the coming weeks. I can dig it.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Watching a Crash Bandicoot 4 video right now, when they mentioned the series debut 24 years ago, I realized how amazing of a coincidence it is that both Crash and SMRPG (i.e., Geno) are both in the 24th Anniversary. Come on CP 7 and 8 be Geno and Crash! 🙏

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I thought I recognized the vocalist! Personal favorite of mine is Hello, World!
Imma stop ity here before I get too off tyopic but Yooo good taste in songs!

but yeah, idk what to think about this next fighter, I think Ive lost al interest in ity tbh

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
This meme says it all. If a Gen 8 rep does turn out to be CP7, then that would be the pure definition of anti-hype.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
They won't do that, they know they have to sell the pass. Not just because of their customers, but more so because of their third party partners involved in the Pass. Angering their third party partners this early on would be detrimental to not just their profits, but potential future titles on the Switch could be ported to Sony's systems out of spite.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's take one more look at our October release schedule for Nintendo for the moment. We know that the Crown Tundra is releasing on October 22nd, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe closes out the month on the 30th. With those 2 weeks of the 4 full weeks of October claimed, on top of all the evidence piled up towards FP7 releasing fairly soon (most recently with the leaked contest results on Nintendo's site), it means that FP7 would release no later than the 15th of the month. However, all the evidence so far points to it being released sooner than that, and my personal guess is FP7 releases by October 8th.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Let's take one more look at our October release schedule for Nintendo for the moment. We know that the Crown Tundra is releasing on October 22nd, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe closes out the month on the 30th. With those 2 weeks of the 4 full weeks of October claimed, on top of all the evidence piled up towards FP7 releasing fairly soon (most recently with the leaked contest results on Nintendo's site), it means that FP7 would release no later than the 15th of the month. However, all the evidence so far points to it being released sooner than that, and my personal guess is FP7 releases by October 8th.
We're also likely getting a partner showcase some time between the 20th and the 30th so a Smash release feels like something in the first half of the month.

domriver

Smash Lord
So, earlier, I was trying to go back to sleep when my old enemy the sun decided to keep me awake by shining directly through my window. And in my head I went, "Man, I wish it would darken up a bit so I can sleep" ...And, suddenly, clouds rolled in to block out the light and the room went dark. So then, I went, "Man, I wish Geno would be revealed next week so I can sleep".

You can thank me later.
LOL jajaaj. I sure will.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Watching a Crash Bandicoot 4 video right now, when they mentioned the series debut 24 years ago, I realized how amazing of a coincidence it is that both Crash and SMRPG (i.e., Geno) are both in the 24th Anniversary. Come on CP 7 and 8 be Geno and Crash! 🙏
If that happened I'd be so happy. There my most wanted!!

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I thought most of Pokemon's revenue came from sources outside of their games. That's why they put the least amount of effort possible into their new entries into the series right?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I thought most of Pokemon's revenue came from sources outside of their games. That's why they put the least amount of effort possible into their new entries into the series right?
I think its more that the game line has become trapped by the Pokemon media empire. With merchandise, mangas, and animes coming out at various deliberate time periods, by necessity that requires that the games be released a fairly regular intervals to tie in with them. While that's a bit more sustainable with a handheld title that doesn't require as much time in the oven, HD development by its very nature demands much more resources as a result. Given the time window, the knowledge that the games will likely sell big regardless, and a possible focus on whatever new features the games do have, from a company standpoint there is a logic in cutting a few corners and not going for a BOTW level mega game when an upgrade from the 3DS games will essentially suffice.

T2by4

Smash Lord
As a quick reminder, we've had later afternoon announcements for Smash content before along with announcements a day in advance, so until tomorrow comes and goes, don't write off this week just yet
It's not gonna happen this week. No point in deluding ourselves further.

Firox

Smash Master
Ya know, had we gotten the fighter 7 reveal in September, I might have believed that we'd get one more reveal before the end of the year, but if we only get a single reveal in October, then I'm pretty much giving up on another until early next year.

Here's hoping for a double reveal next week.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah like I said if we only get one this/next week (which is the probable outcome) and not two 8 won't be announced until January. There is little to no chance that they suddenly regain pace by announcing 8 unless it's some double reveal with 7. Last year we had 5 characters released, 4 of which being revealed and released and one mainly being made and then released last year. Thus far after being well past half the year, we have only had 2 with one being the only one who started development in January.

I heard some talks about it being the marketing (which it probably is) and such but whatever it is, it all comes down to the unfortunate circumstances happening right now and the giant domino effect it had.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This meme says it all. If a Gen 8 rep does turn out to be CP7, then that would be the pure definition of anti-hype.
Nintendo has been botching the hype for Smash ever since after Terry was released. They don't do anything for the one year anniversary of Ultimate or the VGAs, prime times you would think they would tie in with fighter 5. But no, they are completely silent on character 5. Then they drop the announcement out of the blue in January and its Byleth, repeating the bad reception of Corrin almost down to the exact letter.

Then the March mini direct casually, almost to levels of not caring, announces the fighter 6 is from ARMs, and again goes to radio silence for three months. Then they announce Min Min (which was a bright spot due to her playstyle and stopping those damn fan rules) but release her practically one minute before June ends, then AGAIN goes to radio silence for 3 months.

Whatever ever happened to announcing a character and just waiting a few months for release? Why this silence and not showing anything until they release a week later? What is stopping them from just TELLING everyone the next character?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So if the announcement doesn't come tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday, then it's next week; possibly the day before the 8th, which Tiffany hinted the reveal.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Eh, it was about what I expected. A quick recap, a couple new things added, and some Pokemon GO! integration. Did not expect the J-Pop music video though. The bundle was a bit obvious, though I though they'd want to wait until all the DLC is out before making a bundle. If it's the same price as the retail version I might consider picking up Sword, but given that they actually made players pay 90 dollarydoos for this incomplete mess to begin with plus HOME, that seems very unlikely.

From what I can tell, this whole spelunking method of catching legendaries looks like it'll be a right pain in the ass for both competitive players and shiny hunters alike. Having to do at least three battles (don't quote me on that) before a single attempt is ludicrous, as it makes resets all the more punishing. On the competitive side specifically that means you'll have to bring along a pokemon with Synchronize through this ****, and that means you'll most likely be using exclusively psychic types which, given the pool of legendaries out there, might not be the best choice.

And that's without getting into the whole multiple players angle. People already have an issue with stupid AI partners in Dynamax battles, so imagine having to spend multiple battles with these things that could very well shoot your entire run in the foot by simply doing nothing and fainting over and over. Oh sure, you can do it with players online, but if one of them decides to quit their game you'll most likely either be kicked from the game entirely, having to redo everything from the beginning, or have to put up with AI players anyways. I could be wrong on this, but I honestly don't put it past the Pokemon Company to be this ****ing dumb with this ****.

Also, and this may just be a me thing, but I found it a bit worrysome that they didn't take a moment to detail the legendary's different formes. I mean I'd assume that most if not all of them are included, given that legendaries are the focus of this expansion and we caught a glimpse of Complete Forme Zygarde, but given that Game Freak is willing to cut Pokemon from the game and nothing regarding Ultra Necrozma was found in base SwSh's files despite it's other two formes being there, I wouldn't put it past them to not include certain formes. Like what else could they cut, y'know?

To wrap this long and rambly post up, it was a decent showing but nothing too surprising. 5/10, 6/10 at most. And now that we're past this little diversion, I think Smash news is likely next week.

D

Deleted member

Man, Friday could be busy.
Maybe we could see those Mario Amiibo restocked as well very shortly.

I think Fighter 77 needs to be revealed sooner then later to avoid leaks of the surprise.
If you check out the store the article in the tweet links to, Mario and Luigi are back in stock as well.

Table's set, Nintendo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, Friday could be busy.
Maybe we could see those Mario Amiibo restocked as well very shortly.

I think Fighter 77 needs to be revealed sooner then later to avoid leaks of the surprise.
As a recap, the Polish Amiibo leak in May said this would happen. Mario, Cloud, and Hero all coming out together and planned five months ago? Oh my.

images (4).jpeg

Last edited:

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
I mean

Getting a starter would be boring, but I'd be really excited if they added something like Corviknight.

Of course I think it's inherently more interesting to see new IPs brought to the game than to add another Pokemon. But I'd still be excited to get certain Pokemon.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We still got the rest of this week before calling that Smash News is next week. Besides, we had a lot on our plate already with all the information Nintendo dropped throughout September.

Also, tomorrow is the last day for September.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So... Not only was the Polish Amiibo leak real but it also knocked out several Smash 4 Amiibo that hadn't been rereleased yet for unknown reasons. Doing a quick update, the Smash 4 Amiibo that haven't been rereleased yet are:

-Peach
-Yoshi
-DK
-Diddy
-Pit
-Dark Pit
-Palutena
-Da Miis
-Duck Hunt
-ROB
-Game and Watch
-Falco
-Ness
-Lucas
-Kirby

Ultimate Amiibo that got rereleased in this last wave:

-Young Link
-Daisy
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's this I'm hearing about Polish leak?
It was a leak in early May that said the following Amiibo would be rereleased in September:

-Smash Mario and Luigi
-Smash Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Young Link
-Ryu
-Cloud (both versions)
-All the Breath of the Wild Amiibo
-All the Splatoon Amiibo (except Smash Inkling, weirdly)
-Super Mario Peach and Boo

Back in the day we used this to speculate that not only would Hero's Amiibo be released in September but that 7 would be announced in or close to September too. Obviously we were correct on Hero but we're still waiting on 7.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was a leak in early May that said the following Amiibo would be rereleased in September:

-Smash Mario and Luigi
-Smash Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Young Link
-Ryu
-Cloud (both versions)
-All the Breath of the Wild Amiibo
-All the Splatoon Amiibo (except Smash Inkling, weirdly)
-Super Mario Peach and Boo

Back in the day we used this to speculate that not only would Hero's Amiibo be released in September but that 7 would be announced in or close to September too. Obviously we were correct on Hero but we're still waiting on 7.
So any chance this could tie to increasing FP7 being announced this (At least the announcement of the presentation with the character reveal next week) or next week?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
If you check out the store the article in the tweet links to, Mario and Luigi are back in stock as well.

Table's set, Nintendo.
Ultimate Amiibo that got rereleased in this last wave:

-Young Link
-Daisy
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
You're right, Serenade.
Mm... maybe 77 could relate to the Amiibo Wave of Mario, Luigi, Cloud, Cloud Alt 2.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So any chance this could tie to increasing FP7 being announced this (At least the announcement of the presentation with the character reveal next week) or next week?
That's exactly what we're thinking at the moment is that this is the amiibo tie-in to FP7 and most likely a Square rep

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, the original leak said that these rereleases would all happen on September 18th and then changed once Joker and Hero were formally announced in June. That said, there's been a two week delay for unknown reasons so it's yet another thing that heavily suggests this week or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom