• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
With that in mind, it seems like we're get a direct in January, since it seems if we were to get one in February... they'd be cutting it real close between the announcement and release. I don't think they've announced a newcomer and released them in the same month, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With that in mind, it seems like we're get a direct in January, since it seems if we were to get one in February... they'd be cutting it real close between the announcement and release. I don't think they've announced a newcomer and released them in the same month, though correct me if I'm wrong.
While he was leaked well in advance, Ryu came out on the same day as his announcement in Smash 4. Then again, that was at E3, so that seems like a special circumstance.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did they say the Fighters Pass is supposed to be completed "By February 2020" or "By the end of February 2020"? That may help predict when we get the next direct.

Regardless, I think we're getting one in early-to-mid January, but they have skipped to February before so it's hard for me to say with certainty.
That reminds me. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , there was a question I asked you earlier that you never really responded to. That question is, when do you think the next Nintendo Direct will happen again?

Also, about Geno's jumps, which I am late to, I say he could have a second jump if he was in Smash Bros. Ultimate. But for the third jump, I can imagine him using an existing move not jump related, like the Geno Boost, to use as a third jump, or something new altogether.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
A hypothetical Mii Costume List if Geno gets in:
A2A1F22D-143B-46F3-99E1-0E4EF403D23D.jpeg
I wouldn’t be surprised if his costume returned with him, as well as Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo lining up with that leak. However, we still have two potential spots left to fill it up. I could see any of them being:
A. Square Enix characters like Sora or Sephiroth(although admittedly this would suck because it would deconfirm fan favorites)
B. Other costumes from Smash 4 returning, even though they aren’t related to Square or Geno
C. Completely new ones from any game franchise whether represented in Smash or not

Mega_Mario_Man

Smash Cadet
I wouldn’t be surprised if his costume returned with him, as well as Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo lining up with that leak. However, we still have two potential spots left to fill it up. I could see any of them being:
A. Square Enix characters like Sora or Sephiroth(although admittedly this would suck because it would deconfirm fan favorites)
B. Other costumes from Smash 4 returning, even though they aren’t related to Square or Geno
C. Completely new ones from any game franchise whether represented in Smash or not
A doll with a gun arm dressed in blue? Sounds like free real estate for MegaMan.EXE and X to return imo

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe we could get Mii costumes of popular supporting characters from Mario RPGs like Fawful or Vivian? (at least a hat for Vivian)

Though if they can use Mii costumes as a way to get more Final Fantasy music/spirits into Smash (Inkling came with a trophy in Smash 4, so it's not unheard of), then I certainly wouldn't complain.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think Crono would be the perfect fit for a mii costume coming with Geno. Both from legendary SNES games and worthy of Smash representation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That reminds me. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , there was a question I asked you earlier that you never really responded to. That question is, when do you think the next Nintendo Direct will happen again?

Also, about Geno's jumps, which I am late to, I say he could have a second jump if he was in Smash Bros. Ultimate. But for the third jump, I can imagine him using an existing move not jump related, like the Geno Boost, to use as a third jump, or something new altogether.
My personal guess is the week of January 6th. I guess this for a couple of reasons:

-Nintendo has already announced a major Splatoon 2 update for that week.

-Next Amiibo wave is January 17th and Amiibo releases and Directs are never in the same week.

-Nintendo Directs have a largely consistent pattern of being on the second week of the month, regardless of how short the previous week was.

-Nintendo Directs are very rarely on the last full week of the month either, which the week of the 20th would be.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
(Also the Red Shell hat, I thought that got leaked a bit back from PapaGenos)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I feel like Sora is too much of an A-lister to only get a costume. Or at least, if Sakurai went through the trouble of going to Disney I don't think he'd want to settle for less.

I can see maybe Squall or the Black Mage being a costume though

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I feel like Sora is too much of an A-lister to only get a costume. Or at least, if Sakurai went through the trouble of going to Disney I don't think he'd want to settle for less.

I can see maybe Squall or the Black Mage being a costume though
If Sora was a costume but Geno is playable then i feel like gamefaqs or 4chan will explode with anger

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sora and Sephiroth would open Pandora's box.
I can see other Square cult rpg characters coming as Mii costumes too, such as Crono, Frog, Magus, Duke (Sword of Mama), Neku, etc.

I think that they would hold FF Mii costumes for a possible Sora/Sephiroth fighter in the future (after all the support for Sora over the last few years, I think he will come at some point)

But God, please, don't make Waluigi a Mii costume for Geno or vice-versa.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
You know guys, if Geno is hated so much for Smash, why not try to get him in all the Mario spinoffs (how this movement started in the first place)?
I made a topic on the Mario Kart 8 DX board on GameFAQs for people to support. If anyone wants to stop by and show some support for Geno in a future Mario Kart, it’d be greatly appreciated. Hope this doesn’t count as spam.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200276-mario-kart-8-deluxe/78287214

Griselda

Smash Lord
Waluigi's already got a Mii hat. I can't see them doing anything else with him as a costume unless it also includes his nose/mustache stuck on the mii's face.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
SERIOUSLY. The salt would be more than I can bear.
To tell you the true, when all this Mallow/Smith costume talk started, plus the absence of Geno's costume alongside Hero, I start to wonder if the 3 SMRPG Mii costumes could be coming with a Mario character such as Waluigi in the future...
I don't think that would happen, but the hypothesis still gives me chills lol

Griselda

Smash Lord
To tell you the true, when all this Mallow/Smith costume talk started, plus the absence of Geno's costume alongside Hero, I start to wonder if the 3 SMRPG Mii costumes could be coming with a Mario character such as Waluigi in the future...
I don't think that would happen, but the hypothesis still gives me chills lol
This has been brought up before, and while it's definitely a possibility, I feel SMRPG is distanced enough from the rest of the Mario universe that it'd be an unlikely pairing for content related to it to come with a mainline Mario character.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
This has been brought up before, and while it's definitely a possibility, I feel SMRPG is distanced enough from the rest of the Mario universe that it'd be an unlikely pairing for content related to it to come with a mainline Mario character.
Yeap, that's what I think too.
I'm just sharing a fear from a traumatized Geno bro to another.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
You know guys, if Geno is hated so much for Smash, why not try to get him in all the Mario spinoffs (how this movement started in the first place)?
I made a topic on the Mario Kart 8 DX board on GameFAQs for people to support. If anyone wants to stop by and show some support for Geno in a future Mario Kart, it’d be greatly appreciated. Hope this doesn’t count as spam.
Oh man, I remember when MK8 was first announced. I wanted a Geno reveal right before release, I think? Thought it would fit. The Mario Kart trailer with Rosalina? I 100% wanted it to be Geno showing up, announcing him in both games(along with other characters for MK8 as well). But, here we are with Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
In regards to the SMBZ discussion from like a hundred pages back, Alvin Earthworm has resurfaced recently. He posted on his twitter that he had ideas for upgraded Axem Rangers and a Blue Axem Ranger, but the animator for SMBGT used the sprites before he got a chance to or something like that. But it’s cool to have some insight about what the Smithy arc would’ve featured. He’s still going through a rough patch though, so show him support if you want. @AlvinSMBZ on Twitter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In regards to the SMBZ discussion from like a hundred pages back, Alvin Earthworm has resurfaced recently. He posted on his twitter that he had ideas for upgraded Axem Rangers and a Blue Axem Ranger, but the animator for SMBGT used the sprites before he got a chance to or something like that. But it’s cool to have some insight about what the Smithy arc would’ve featured. He’s still going through a rough patch though, so show him support if you want. @AlvinSMBZ on Twitter.
I'm glad he's thinking of coming back to the series, but I also feel bad for him. I know how it feels when all your other cool works are ignored and only one thing is focused on.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I hope everything turns out okay for him. SMBZ was one of my fav thing in flash back then

Dan

Smash Lord
Unpopular opinion? I know Smithy is the main antagonist of SMRPG, but he doesn't seem like that interesting of a character to me.

If you really want to woo Geno fans, would it really be that hard to make a Boshi Echo out of Yoshi? All it takes is extremely minor aesthetic work. Booster for Wario as well, with the train swapping in for the motorcycle.

Croco's top hat for Mii Fighters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just curious how do you think they would fit three characters in a direct?
How? Same as other presentations. Based on the nature of 6, most people aren't expecting them to have a CGI trailer so two Smash trailers, one for 5 and one for 7, would basically make it the same scenario as the all the Ultimate Directs and E3 2019.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Because getting Nintendo to include anyone that isn't from the mainline Mario platformers in spinoffs is like pulling teeth out.

Diddy Kong's first appearance in Mario Kart in over 11 years since MKWii was through a mobile game.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Because getting Nintendo to include anyone that isn't from the mainline Mario platformers in spinoffs is like pulling teeth out.

Diddy Kong's first appearance in Mario Kart in over 11 years since MKWii was through a mobile game.
Yeah, they would rather add 10 different Mario’s and Peach’s instead of anything interesting.

I’d hope if Geno makes it in that it will lead to him appearing in other games as well.

D

Deleted member

I feel the pain as a Pauline fan.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
How? Same as other presentations. Based on the nature of 6, most people aren't expecting them to have a CGI trailer so two Smash trailers, one for 5 and one for 7, would basically make it the same scenario as the all the Ultimate Directs and E3 2019.
Is there a reason you think 6 is likely to have no trailer? Just sounds kinda akward to have 6 thrown in there and then to just move on.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Mario kart tour got everything MK8 deluxe should have gotten. I wanna play as Reindeer Yoshi goddamnit.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Interesting, so given that 6 may be another “bonus”, they might be someone a little more low key...

Fire Piranha Plant confirmed

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Interesting, so given that 6 may be another “bonus”, they might be someone a little more low key...

Fire Piranha Plant confirmed
The nature of 6 is annoying and weird as hell because nobody agrees on the format. Dead ass, these are the outcomes I've heard people predict for 6:

-A character. Literally nothing else.

-A pack with a stage and music but no character. Also would be released with Mii costumes.

-A full pack with a character, stage, and music along with a spirit board and ala carte Mii costumes per usual. The character, however, would have absolutely nothing to do with the stage, music, spirit board, or Mii costumes.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm most inclined to believe the third because my most reliable source is hard leaning on it.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
-A full pack with a character, stage, and music along with a spirit board and ala carte Mii costumes per usual. The character, however, would have absolutely nothing to do with the stage, music, spirit board, or Mii costumes.
Are the non character contents in this theoretical pack heard to be linked thematically or from a company/franchise perspective?

in terms of the other outcomes, second option seems rather underwhelming and the first would assume a Plantesque bonus

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The nature of 6 is annoying and weird as hell because nobody agrees on the format. Dead ass, these are the outcomes I've heard people predict for 6:

-A character. Literally nothing else.

-A pack with a stage and music but no character. Also would be released with Mii costumes.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm most inclined to believe the third because my most reliable source is hard leaning on it.
Third is also the most ripe for theorizing so I’m gonna throw an actual idea out

Character: Waluigi
Stage/music/spirit board: Monster Hunter

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Third is also the most ripe for theorizing so I’m gonna throw an actual idea out

Character: Waluigi
Stage/music/spirit board: Monster Hunter
I'm not sure how much this particular claim can be speculated on - it's vague enough that it could mean literally anything, unlike previous claims about a Western character possibly being double-dipping between companies. (for example, in this case, it could be referring to Edelgard with Shovel Knight content, Tails with Virtua Fighter content, Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble with Final Fantasy content, Commander Keen with Minecraft content, etc.)

Unless there's anything more concrete, I feel like it's best to leave this one for now - I'd rather not see entire pages filled up with people trying to guess increasingly random options for unrelated characters and stages/music/spirits/Mii costumes, since that would definitely qualify as spam.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Unpopular opinion? I know Smithy is the main antagonist of SMRPG, but he doesn't seem like that interesting of a character to me.

If you really want to woo Geno fans, would it really be that hard to make a Boshi Echo out of Yoshi? All it takes is extremely minor aesthetic work. Booster for Wario as well, with the train swapping in for the motorcycle.

Croco's top hat for Mii Fighters.
I would definitely say that at the end game of SMRPG it was a bit rushed especially with the last characters that were introduced
However I believe they all have a good potential but it was a bit rushed in fact Smithy and Gunyolk both had an unused form which is the “rusted” forms that were discovered on the SMRPG files

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are the non character contents in this theoretical pack heard to be linked thematically or from a company/franchise perspective?

in terms of the other outcomes, second option seems rather underwhelming and the first would assume a Plantesque bonus
Think of it like this... Holy Crap! 6 is CD-I Link but, for some weird reason, he comes with a Hotel Mario stage, music, and 4 Hotel Mario Mii costumes for some weird reason. That sort of ****ery.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Today you were birthed. And that makes Geno happy. Look at how happy that makes Geno.

View attachment 254718
I was born in the same year as Geno in 1996. :)

There really weren’t that many choices back then were there. How far we’ve come.
There was it just that Smash Bros. just started getting on it's feet and people wanted all the big Nintendo icons in the game at the time: Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Mewtwo, ect.

You forgot Dixie.
Dixie wasn't really that popular in the Melee and Brawl days and nether was K. Rool until Diddy Kong got in. She has been pretty much in the backseat in terms of popularity most of this time as sad as that is to say.

Also Happy Birthday R RetrogamerMax ! Be sure to eat lots of cake today! :starman::starman:
Yeah, happy birthday R RetrogamerMax !
Also Happy Birthday to R RetrogamerMax ! Heres to your happiness :3
Thank you all of you'll!

Happy birthday! ^^ have a great day dude
Thank you Franco Geno!

Holy crap, mine too! Happy birthday!
Happy belated birthday too you to man. :)

R RetrogamerMax Happy Birthday by the way.
Thank you Fatmanonice!

Happy birthday RetrogamerMax.
Thank you man!

My childhood is in this picture lol! Jimmy Neutron and Yugioh. The 2000s nostalgia is strong within this meme.

View attachment 254805

It is Fool’s Day in Spain.
Are you from Spain?

My personal guess is the week of January 6th. I guess this for a couple of reasons:

-Nintendo has already announced a major Splatoon 2 update for that week.

-Next Amiibo wave is January 17th and Amiibo releases and Directs are never in the same week.

-Nintendo Directs have a largely consistent pattern of being on the second week of the month, regardless of how short the previous week was.

-Nintendo Directs are very rarely on the last full week of the month either, which the week of the 20th would be.
What if it's a Smash Direct? Dear lord this thread would run wild.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there a reason you think 6 is likely to have no trailer? Just sounds kinda akward to have 6 thrown in there and then to just move on.
My reasoning is pretty basic. In a previous post, I said people believe that 6 is either a stand alone character or comes with a pack with nothing related to them in it. CGI Character trailers always show off stages that go with the character and if the character doesn't have a "real" trailer, there's no point.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I've been thinking since the last time the thread got locked and you were banned that we should gather together to convence the mods to banned trolls from certain character threads they keep attacking. Honestly, I think certain people need to be banned permanently from certain character threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom