• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Speculation is hard nowadays, isn't? They have eyes on you Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , even if you say something vague, they will eat you. Take care buddy :c
I just want Geno to happen so we can all cry together <3
Let's get back to Geno here.
If Geno is more of a run and gun type character, should he have a kill throw of any kind? Most of those have been rather inconsistent but I think it would be kind of funny to see Geno have up-throw as a kill throw like Mewtwo or even Lucas. Sending someone to the star realm.
Not a kill throw but something to combo up very easily I think

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Spam/image-only post
If Geno is more of a run and gun type character, should he have a kill throw of any kind? Most of those have been rather inconsistent but I think it would be kind of funny to see Geno have up-throw as a kill throw like Mewtwo or even Lucas.

"Looks like you're going to the star realm Mario."
star realm.jpg

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If Geno is more of a run and gun type character, should he have a kill throw of any kind? Most of those have been rather inconsistent but I think it would be kind of funny to see Geno have up-throw as a kill throw like Mewtwo or even Lucas.

"Looks like you're going to the star realm Mario."
I think it'd be cool if he had something like Falco's U-Throw, except it could actually kill. Imagine just tossing someone up in the air and pelting them with a star shot that kills at 120%.

D

Deleted member

Totally my bad, I forgot about that rule regarding S***. Thank you for the reminder, sorry again everyone! I legitimately forgot that rule.

(@Megadoomer Would you like to please delete my post?)
It was a mistake bud don't worry but yeah let's keep this stuff away from here. All this drama is done with anyway. And yes Fatmaonice just speculates so we have no worries there.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think it'd be cool if he had something like Falco's U-Throw, except it could actually kill. Imagine just tossing someone up in the air and pelting them with a star shot that kills at 120%.
What about something like Mewtwo's but he has a canon open up out of his chest and fires you with the ultimate flex

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys want more for Geno, easy damage building combos or a combo for a kill confirm?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
All my contacts agree on 5 being a third party Western character. Three agree on the company, two agree on the character, and one source thinks it's a totally different Western company. I hard disagree with the last one for a lot of reasons, the biggest being I don't think "double dipping" company wise was ever planned for the Fighter's Pass. This is why I said "GG" for Geno being 5 as far back as August. No offense to that contact but I don't believe their theory for 5.

As for 6 (possibly 7), let's just say that the feeling in the air is similar to how Banjo was. Banjo was a secret too good to keep. Yes, I knew about Banjo in April but it eventually got to the point that everyone was practically screaming it. Game channels were being hella coy, people were dropping the most unsubtle hints ever, insiders were yeeting themselves to their respective bunkers before big news drops, and even retailers couldn't STFU. It was great watching this happen and being like:

View attachment 254723

That said, it's happening again (and also makes me think sooner than later) and why I've been saying for almost two months that the next Direct is going to destroy us in the best of ways if even a fraction of the rumors are true.
I don't care about the character, but what was the company? :troll:

That was a non serious question, knowing you probably can't share, anyways. You can skip that question if you like.

Sorry, I just had to do that. :troll:

But seriously, about the character (without you answering), I wonder who it could be?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Made a Wynn meme.
ItllHappenToYou1.png

ItllHappenToYou2.png

ItllHappenToYou3.png

ItllHappenToYou4.png
Jeezums, people can't handle my opinions. How cruel I must be for stating my mind about a video game and getting away with it.
Here's my secret
I don't insult anyone on this site. I disagree with a lot of things people say, but I always try my best to not type in anything that attacks a user.
Nobody cares what you feel about anything. Everyone has their own opinions and nobody is really going to convince you that Geno has a chance aside from you. What many people (myself included) have a problem with is that you'll often present your opinions as if they're facts, whilst also assuming that everyone who speculates about Geno's chances is presenting their own opinions.
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/post-23753599
As I've gone over in this post, when people present their arguments based on what we know, ie. the Mii Costume List and the CacoMallow Post, they're not presenting their opinions, they're aren't saying that they're real because they feel it's real, but rather because they have a lot of things going for them. Their analysis and speculation is most entirely objective and impersonal.

I don't say that the Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo Costumes/Hats on the Mii Costume List are legit because I just feel it is, I say that because the person who made these lists has gotten most everything else they've claimed correct. Statistically speaking, these three costumes/hats are most likely also legit. You would then counter by saying that it's possible that those three costumes/hats were faked by the person who made the list, perhaps added in specifically to troll Genobros. You have nothing to back up your claim with aside from your opinion on the matter, but in your mind not only is that sufficient counter, it is also a comparable kind of statement compared to what I've said. As I have laid out, that is not the case.

All of my posts are, or at the very least try to be, entirely objective in their analysis, as I feel that debate is fun and there's little fun to be had in only presenting my opinions. You can't call an opinion wrong per se, since again anyone can hold whatever opinion they want to. However when you make objective claims based on evidence you can create theories and compare them to other people's, discuss your points and come to a more coherent conclusion. You may be proven wrong time and again, but in the end you will be better off for it, as it will allow you to make better arguments in the future. As Fatmanonice Fatmanonice so eloquently put it, it is the core of the scientific method.

And I think that may help to explain why you have such a problem with people's speculation and why you make the arguments that you do. If you were to take in the objective information you would have to open yourself up to the possibility that Geno is potentially coming to Smash, possibly by the end of next year. This goes in direct conflict with your cynical viewpoint that Geno has no chance of getting in Smash, which leads you to looking for anything you can point to that could mean that Geno may not come. Any negative or worst-case scenario is considered more likely in your eyes, any inconclusive information spells doom to you, any outlier is the rule unless they work against you.

You call this being "realistic" when everyone can clearly see it for what it really is: Bias. Pure, unfiltered bias. This kind of outlook is miasma to all speculation or theory crafting that muddies the water and prevents us from coming to any sort of a conclusion. It's the heart cutting ahead of the mind, saying that their ideas aren't worth it because said ideas undermine their viewpoints or just plain make them upset. Atheism debates would always be chock full of this stuff, with christian types countering any claims or evidence provided by those of no faith with "But the Holy Bibble, though..." as a form of argumentation. It wasn't helpful then, it isn't helpful now, and it will never be helpful. All it will ever do is shut ideas down and prevent any discourse from taking place.

And it makes people not want to even bother coming up with any sort of theories or speculation, because they know that any time they do, they have to deal with an insufferable child who whines and cries and ruins everyone else's good times because he didn't get what he wanted. Perhaps I should take this opprotunity to elaborate on what I mean by that, and thankfully this will be relatively short. I call you a bratty child because of how you reacted to the November 1st Direct, namely your inability to let it go.

I understand not being happy with it or any of the characters that were revealed during it, in fact I myself was also very disappointed by it, and I would easily rank it at the worst Smash Direct of all time, but at this point the fact that you're still seething from it, still so asspained by it, still overflowing with sodium chloride that I can see it falling out of the screen, that you're continuing to let it influence how you interact with people in this thread and others, is nothing short of childish. It is tantamount to a child not getting a toy they wanted for christmas and not only proceeding to make everyone's day miserable as a result, but every single day afterwards miserable as well. This is like that child becoming an adult, 35 years old, who still feels the need to bitterly complain about how they didn't get that toy they wanted 30 years ago.

It's whiny, it's obnoxious, and everyone is sick and tired of hearing about it. It's gotten so bad that people keep asking you why you're even still here if you appear to be having little-to-no fun, don't feel like talking about anything related to the thread topic or Smash in general, don't want to make memes, and don't even think the character for whom this thread is named after has a shot of getting in whatsoever. Seriously, why are you even here? If I had no faith in Geno getting in, I wouldn't be hanging around here. If everyone in this thread kept asking me why I was still here, I would've left a long time ago. If everyone in this thread always had problems with me and took time out to explain to me in extreme detail as to what issues they had with me, I wouldn't go away for a few days and come back as if nothing ever happened. If I had nothing to say, my lips would be sealed. If I had no fun being here, I'd leave and do something more worth my time.

Do you just like having people call you out on a regular basis? Is it fun for you? Are you just that thick-headed and stubborn that it doesn't bother you? Or are you just delusional enough to think that everyone's issues with you aren't your fault or aren't real? Not gonna lie, smug snipe posts like this kind of give me that impression of you. That and your pretentious "Wise Old Sage" attitude, "Oh, I'm not the naive little child that I used to be, I've GROWN, I've become so much wiser. Now I don't have any hopes or expectations for what's to come, because life is meaningless and we're all cogs in the machine! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!".

So to sum up, nobody cares about your terrible takes, your biased perspective adds nothing to the conversation, you're a petty child who needs to let it go, and you're not any smarter or more mature than anyone else.
*Responding to everything with walls of text. If it takes you 3 minutes to read my posts and 30 minutes for me to read yours, that's harassment. Believe me, I used to have the same problem when I was younger until a number of people pulled me aside and basically said "hey man, this is obnoxious." Breaking down information is courteous so if you get indignant that I'm pointing out that every single one of your retorts is like reading the chapter of a book, continuing to be a novelist is harassment.
I wouldn't go that far. Deconstructing an argument takes time, especially if whoever you're responding to makes a lot of points in rapid succession. I do agree that you should pick and choose your battles and be willing to just drop the subject if there's more pressing things to do or there's no point in having it go on any longer, but at the same time it helps to be able to concisely make your points, especially on the internet since once you make your point once, you can direct people to that post rather than just repeating yourself all the time.
Hope that clears things up. Again, I like being personable and transparent on these things so I can take questions on Discord. You have a beef? Keep it to yourself or take it to DMs on Discord. Again, if you're ugly about it, onto the ignore list you go so let's keep it civil, shall we?
I tried taking a disagreement I had to DMs at someone's request once, but the person I was in disagreement with said that my doing that was harassment, so I don't know. :ultridley:
My right Joy-Con stopped working one day. I have been trying to get it fixed but stuff just kept coming up which is understandable. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get everything up and running and finally be able to play the game myself. I do have a copy of it so at least that's a start.
Oh okay, I thought you just didn't buy the game at all.
Get the pro controller.

I know it costs a bit, but trust me, it's waaaay better than the joycon.

Not only that but smash is a joycon killer, you'll experience the dreaded drift within a week or so from playing smash with one.
I have one of those, though I hardly ever use it. I mostly play in handheld mode and most games I play on there I use the arrow buttons when I can.
On examples for "wanted since Melee", consider the following poll that Nintendo ran way back in 1999:

https://smashboards.com/threads/i-think-this-might-be-interesting-to-look-at-melee-1999-poll.81891/
No lie, Gooey would be sick.
You know, it has been quite a while since Papagenos has posted a video. Ever since VGA, the channel has been silent. I get speculation is now dry, but it still feels odd. I hope he is okay.
He's fine, just busy with work and crimmis. He says he wants to make a recap video regarding where we are now with speculation.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Watch Doom Guy and Geno be playable and the mii costume video WAS real......except that their releases aren't side by side and one could be character 76 and the other be character 84. It could be that they already made all the Mii costumes that will be released over the next year or so and the leak by chance had those sets being play tested.

In other words, if true, people believe that the characters will be revealed close to each other but there's a chance one is early and the other is near the end of Ultimate's DLC.

So please reveal Geno early, Sakurai.
Actually, I want to bring up the mii costume ken leak. Remember the tweet that Sakurai said that Pics of the day is returning? Well he said they will take pictures with development tools. https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1210398709571129344 So the angles in that leak could be using a development tool and that leak could be real.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Made a Wynn meme.

Nobody cares what you feel about anything. Everyone has their own opinions and nobody is really going to convince you that Geno has a chance aside from you. What many people (myself included) have a problem with is that you'll often present your opinions as if they're facts, whilst also assuming that everyone who speculates about Geno's chances is presenting their own opinions.
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/post-23753599
As I've gone over in this post, when people present their arguments based on what we know, ie. the Mii Costume List and the CacoMallow Post, they're not presenting their opinions, they're aren't saying that they're real because they feel it's real, but rather because they have a lot of things going for them. Their analysis and speculation is most entirely objective and impersonal.

I don't say that the Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo Costumes/Hats on the Mii Costume List are legit because I just feel it is, I say that because the person who made these lists has gotten most everything else they've claimed correct. Statistically speaking, these three costumes/hats are most likely also legit. You would then counter by saying that it's possible that those three costumes/hats were faked by the person who made the list, perhaps added in specifically to troll Genobros. You have nothing to back up your claim with aside from your opinion on the matter, but in your mind not only is that sufficient counter, it is also a comparable kind of statement compared to what I've said. As I have laid out, that is not the case.

All of my posts are, or at the very least try to be, entirely objective in their analysis, as I feel that debate is fun and there's little fun to be had in only presenting my opinions. You can't call an opinion wrong per se, since again anyone can hold whatever opinion they want to. However when you make objective claims based on evidence you can create theories and compare them to other people's, discuss your points and come to a more coherent conclusion. You may be proven wrong time and again, but in the end you will be better off for it, as it will allow you to make better arguments in the future. As Fatmanonice Fatmanonice so eloquently put it, it is the core of the scientific method.

And I think that may help to explain why you have such a problem with people's speculation and why you make the arguments that you do. If you were to take in the objective information you would have to open yourself up to the possibility that Geno is potentially coming to Smash, possibly by the end of next year. This goes in direct conflict with your cynical viewpoint that Geno has no chance of getting in Smash, which leads you to looking for anything you can point to that could mean that Geno may not come. Any negative or worst-case scenario is considered more likely in your eyes, any inconclusive information spells doom to you, any outlier is the rule unless they work against you.

You call this being "realistic" when everyone can clearly see it for what it really is: Bias. Pure, unfiltered bias. This kind of outlook is miasma to all speculation or theory crafting that muddies the water and prevents us from coming to any sort of a conclusion. It's the heart cutting ahead of the mind, saying that their ideas aren't worth it because said ideas undermine their viewpoints or just plain make them upset. Atheism debates would always be chock full of this stuff, with christian types countering any claims or evidence provided by those of no faith with "But the Holy Bibble, though..." as a form of argumentation. It wasn't helpful then, it isn't helpful now, and it will never be helpful. All it will ever do is shut ideas down and prevent any discourse from taking place.

And it makes people not want to even bother coming up with any sort of theories or speculation, because they know that any time they do, they have to deal with an insufferable child who whines and cries and ruins everyone else's good times because he didn't get what he wanted. Perhaps I should take this opprotunity to elaborate on what I mean by that, and thankfully this will be relatively short. I call you a bratty child because of how you reacted to the November 1st Direct, namely your inability to let it go.

I understand not being happy with it or any of the characters that were revealed during it, in fact I myself was also very disappointed by it, and I would easily rank it at the worst Smash Direct of all time, but at this point the fact that you're still seething from it, still so asspained by it, still overflowing with sodium chloride that I can see it falling out of the screen, that you're continuing to let it influence how you interact with people in this thread and others, is nothing short of childish. It is tantamount to a child not getting a toy they wanted for christmas and not only proceeding to make everyone's day miserable as a result, but every single day afterwards miserable as well. This is like that child becoming an adult, 35 years old, who still feels the need to bitterly complain about how they didn't get that toy they wanted 30 years ago.

It's whiny, it's obnoxious, and everyone is sick and tired of hearing about it. It's gotten so bad that people keep asking you why you're even still here if you appear to be having little-to-no fun, don't feel like talking about anything related to the thread topic or Smash in general, don't want to make memes, and don't even think the character for whom this thread is named after has a shot of getting in whatsoever. Seriously, why are you even here? If I had no faith in Geno getting in, I wouldn't be hanging around here. If everyone in this thread kept asking me why I was still here, I would've left a long time ago. If everyone in this thread always had problems with me and took time out to explain to me in extreme detail as to what issues they had with me, I wouldn't go away for a few days and come back as if nothing ever happened. If I had nothing to say, my lips would be sealed. If I had no fun being here, I'd leave and do something more worth my time.

Do you just like having people call you out on a regular basis? Is it fun for you? Are you just that thick-headed and stubborn that it doesn't bother you? Or are you just delusional enough to think that everyone's issues with you aren't your fault or aren't real? Not gonna lie, smug snipe posts like this kind of give me that impression of you. That and your pretentious "Wise Old Sage" attitude, "Oh, I'm not the naive little child that I used to be, I've GROWN, I've become so much wiser. Now I don't have any hopes or expectations for what's to come, because life is meaningless and we're all cogs in the machine! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!".

So to sum up, nobody cares about your terrible takes, your biased perspective adds nothing to the conversation, you're a petty child who needs to let it go, and you're not any smarter or more mature than anyone else.
You know, you can just put me on ignore. That's always an option.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Made a Wynn meme.

I wouldn't go that far. Deconstructing an argument takes time, especially if whoever you're responding to makes a lot of points in rapid succession. I do agree that you should pick and choose your battles and be willing to just drop the subject if there's more pressing things to do or there's no point in having it go on any longer, but at the same time it helps to be able to concisely make your points, especially on the internet since once you make your point once, you can direct people to that post rather than just repeating yourself all the time.

I tried taking a disagreement I had to DMs at someone's request once, but the person I was in disagreement with said that my doing that was harassment, so I don't know. :ultridley:

Oh okay, I thought you just didn't buy the game at all.

I have one of those, though I hardly ever use it. I mostly play in handheld mode and most games I play on there I use the arrow buttons when I can.

No lie, Gooey would be sick.

He's fine, just busy with work and crimmis. He says he wants to make a recap video regarding where we are now with speculation.
Hold up! you're telling me that my "it's a wonderful day for smash" had a terrible quality because i didn't put it as a spoiler?...i feel stupid for not knowing this earlier

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't care about the character, but what was the company? :troll:

That was a non serious question, knowing you probably can't share, anyways. You can skip that question if you like.

Sorry, I just had to do that. :troll:

But seriously, about the character (without you answering), I wonder who it could be?
At this point, it's been narrowed down so much that it's basically a "horses and water" kind of deal. Like I said, three of my contacts think it's the same company and one thinks it's another Microsoft rep. Either way, I guess what all these chaps have been hearing is "serious Western character for 5" despite concluding three different characters between the four of them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hard disagree.
We know that characters like Rex and ARMS couldn't make it in, even in the Fighters Pass, due to when they release and when Smash Bros Ultimate was planned. So if Nintendo character that were revealed in 2017 are off the table then that means characters that released after Xenoblade 2 should be off the table as well. That means no Pokemon Sw/Sh and no Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Now we know that each Fighter Pass character brings their own unique Spirit Boards filled with characters that haven't been represented at all in the base game. If we look at every single Nintendo series that is in Smash Bros we see that just about every recognizable character from each series is in the game, we only have a small handful of characters missing. That small handful of missing character isn't enough to make a proper unique Spirit Board, if you had a character from the Kirby or Mario series as the Fifth Fighter then their Spirit Board will only comprise of extremely obscure character. Compare that to how Persona 5 had every Phantom Thieves along with supporting characters, Dragon Quest had the most recognizable enemies, Banjo had just about every major character that they made models for (well, every character that appear in the background for Spiral Mountain is a Spirit due to them making unique models), and Fatal Fury had a bunch of iconic SNK characters that were represented in the 50 SNK music track. With the way things have been going it seems extremely unlikely that would make the next Spirit Board be filled with obscure Nintendo characters. If the Nintendo character was going to be DLC then they would hold a good amount of Spirits back for the Spirit Board. We know that these Spirits aren't hard to make; they Google Image most of them, they already have an AI made up for CPU players, all they really had to do was come up with a scenario and enter in some assets like "strong wind" or "poison floor" or "characters are invisible"

It's super unlikely that the Fifth Fighter is going to be a Nintendo character at this point.
Disagree.

Any missing 1st party franchise would stick out like a sore thumb given that every single 1st party franchise is in Ultimate as Spirits. It's a lot different then a 3rd party being absent because the pool for them is virtually endless unlike Nintendo franchises.

Whether it happens or not remains to be seen but yeah, i'm throwing that out there.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At this point, it's been narrowed down so much that it's basically a "horses and water" kind of deal. Like I said, three of my contacts think it's the same company and one thinks it's another Microsoft rep. Either way, I guess what all these chaps have been hearing is "serious Western character for 5" despite concluding three different characters between the four of them.
Horses and water? What does that mean? I mean, I think I kinda understand that some in terms of meaning, but still...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Food for thought. What if the source was right about the Western character but it ends up being 6? And someone completely unexpected is 5? Could that be possible if sources are hearing information that's actually happening later?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Or you can just leave the two places you keep dropping your trash at. Cause clearly in both threads hardly anyone agrees with you. Start your own thread perhaps? It’s quite easy!

look, I understand your anger. But the fact you’re coming in places where we are trying to have discussion to simply shut down discussion by saying “it’s worthless” is not helping discussion.

It would be much easier for you to create a thread with your own opinions.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
What would you guys want more for Geno, easy damage building combos or a combo for a kill confirm?
Some hard timing-esque combos, a glass canon that can combo you up if you're not careful.. But also with very weak knockback, doin' damage would be easy but killing would be hard if you don't time your attacks. (Like side-B, Geno whirl, that does a critic if you time it well.)

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I could see Geno being a damage builder with diverse options and combo game, but is fragile, has a hard time with kill confirms and poor options in air.

What would Geno's jumps/recovery moves be like?
Maybe something like average jump height, floaty, decent air control. Up special could be using a canon arm to fire upwards or use some of those star power to soar upwards

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
On the subject of FP5 being a western character, is there any word of Crash's name being thrown around? Or is he out because of leakers "deconfirming" him? I think a lot of people forget, because he was a Sony mascot and fairly popular in japan, but Crash IS a western character. He was created and is currently owned by an American company. I feel like he'd be a much stronger contender than Master Chief, Dovakin and DoomGuy; especially since he was once considered a Nintendo rival, just like Sonic. I dunno, this has probably all been discussed before, but I wanted to chime in anyway.

I think I'll put my bets on Crash being FP5, and Geno, DoomGuy and Lloyd leading the charge on the post-pass DLC.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Disagree.

Any missing 1st party franchise would stick out like a sore thumb given that every single 1st party franchise is in Ultimate as Spirits. It's a lot different then a 3rd party being absent because the pool for them is virtually endless unlike Nintendo franchises.

Whether it happens or not remains to be seen but yeah, i'm throwing that out there.
It's hard to imagine that Sakurai and Nintendo are playing three dimensional chess like that by including a bunch of Nintendo spirits in the game to trick people into thinking they're not coming. That just seems like an unlikely scenario at this point.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's hard to imagine that Sakurai and Nintendo are playing three dimensional chess like that by including a bunch of Nintendo spirits in the game to trick people into thinking they're not coming. That just seems like an unlikely scenario at this point.
It's not so much 3-D Chess as it would be not giving a major clue as to who could be in their DLC plans. Which is a perfectly sensible thing for a company to do otherwise it's like "huh why is this missing"?

I'm not even saying it has to happen but it's something I would imagine them doing if it were the case.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I've made it personal policy to block/ignore as few people as possible. Also, as hard as I am on you, I don't hate you, and sometimes you make some good points.
Hold up! you're telling me that my "it's a wonderful day for smash" had a terrible quality because i didn't put it as a spoiler?...i feel stupid for not knowing this earlier
That's not it, I just broke my image into 4 separate images. Modern problems require modern solutions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What would Geno's jumps/recovery moves be like?
It feels like he could have somewhat floaty jumps, akin to Mewtwo/Ness/Lucas/etc. Problem is a second jump. He's not someone who normally jumps in the first place.

Recovery is even more difficult. Sure, he has robotic like features, but something like rocket boots just feels trying to shoehorn it in at that point.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It feels like he could have somewhat floaty jumps, akin to Mewtwo/Ness/Lucas/etc. Problem is a second jump. He's not someone who normally jumps in the first place.

Recovery is even more difficult. Sure, he has robotic like features, but something like rocket boots just feels trying to shoehorn it in at that point.
I think they could give him a second jump just fine, but recovery always has been the issue with figuring out his moveset.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." I'm a Missourian so sometimes I'm needlessly folksy ala Mark Twain.
Oh, that phrase. I have it down now.

You did say something about thinking Geno would be fighter six or seven, right? How likely do yo think he will be number 6? And, well, when do you think the next Direct will be, again?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
With the way the pass four Fighters Pass characters have been it shows that they're going to be characters from series that haven't been represented at all in the base game of Smash Bros. If the character is going to be DLC then they wouldn't include them as a Spirit, especially when Spirits are the easiest thing to make and they knew a head of time of how the DLC is going to go down when compare to Smash 4. With all this stuff I don't think Geno or any character that's a Spirit is going to be the Fifth Fighter. Everything after the Fighter Pass is probably free game depending on what mind set Sakurai has. He considers Spirits to be a fun way to interact with characters that aren't playable and he's all about trying to represent as much character as possible in any way shape or form. Maybe he would look at characters that are Assist Trophies & Spirits & think that it's good enough since he believes fans are happy with any kind of representation, and then move on to getting new series that aren't represent at all instead to expend how much of a giant crossover Smash Bros Ultimate is. Or maybe he'll go back and flesh out characters due to fan demand. Can't get a good idea of what Sakurai wants to do with DLC afterwards until we see what the first character is.
Okay, that's what I thought you meant, and I am in perfect agreement as I expressed in my last message before the one you responded to.

I think where a lot of the confusion lies is that you are misunderstanding (or being misunderstood by) everybody else. There's nobody here that I can see that's really seriously considering Geno to be FP5, because we all understand what you just said. I can really only speak for myself, but for me at least, all my chips are in on post-pass DLC, and from what I've seen, a lot of people that interact with you and are specifically disagreeing with this stance are also going in on post-pass DLC rather than FP5. I think the problem is that they think that your realism about Geno's chances are regarding post-pass DLC rather than just FP5, and a little bit of you assuming we're all talking about Geno for FP5 instead of post-pass DLC.

Basically, a misunderstanding on both sides, I completely get where you're coming from, though. I wish the reception to your statements was a little better-handled, because your viewpoint is perfectly valid and actually in line with what a lot of the other regulars here are thinking too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My personal theory is that Geno's 7. This is my own speculation. None of my contacts say they know 7 aside from saying that Cacomallow is probably true (well, except one) so I infer from that if Geno's a-comin', he's a-comin' prolly sooner than later.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
My personal theory is that Geno's 7. This is my own speculation. None of my contacts say they know 7 aside from saying that Cacomallow is probably true (well, except one) so I infer from that if Geno's a-comin', he's a-comin' prolly sooner than later.
I'm curious about how many people will skip the "My personal theory".
I know he's coming, dunno when. Let's celebrate already! I have beer!

D

Deleted member

Theories and rumours apart, I still think Geno has a good shot after Sakurai commenting on the post pass DLC as a way to cover more fan demand/please the fans back on the september Direct.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Assuming that 5, 6 and 7 aren't all revealed together, is it more likely that Geno/7 would be revealed at E3 or beforehand? 5 will release in January, 6 probably in April, so 7 has to be in July to keep with the three month gaps we've seen this past year unless they're so ahead of schedule that they can bump up the timeline for release (in which case it could be two-month gaps, so January/March/May/July, and 7 would need to be revealed before E3 in that case)

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
What if we get another DLC drought between the announcement of 5 and 6? They wait until E3 to reveal 6 and 7 just like last year. DLC 6 can be Doom Slayer to start off the new Fighter's Pass at the beginning of the direct, change topics for awhile until the very end and reveal Geno. It'd be almost poetic how it'd mirror last year's E3.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why I think the wild hare up our ass triple reveal rumor from November may actually be onto something:

-If Cacomallow is real but Geno's not 6, would they really wait a long time to reveal 7 (presumably Geno)?

-Smash website was updated for space in the code for 5, 6, and 7 around the time of Terry. I talk about this here back in early November:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1604#post-23632688

-If the SNES game dump rumor is true, SMRPG has a decent shot of being one of the games given it was on the SNES Classic and both Virtual Consoles.

-Last Smash announcement will have been 4 months ago starting in early January. Gap between Joker and Heranjo was almost 7 months so having at least two characters to "tide people over" wouldn't be unusual.

Every time there's been a single character announcement trailer (Ridley, Isabelle, and Joker), it's been followed up by presentations with multiple announcements. Ridley was followed by the August Direct with 5 characters and two full on trailers, Isabelle was followed up by the November Direct with 3 characters and one technically two trailers (Keniroar and WoL), and Joker was followed by the E3 Direct with 2 characters with two full on trailers. Suppose this continues for Terry? Three characters but two trailers?

Fun stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think they could give him a second jump just fine, but recovery always has been the issue with figuring out his moveset.
Maybe something akin to Sheik's, but him turning into a Star and flying up. Could be somewhat comparable to Fox's in that way. It still feels... a bit shoehorned, but it at least relates to him.

I also want to see him turning into his doll form as a taunt or something. Or at least a new spirit?

D

Deleted member

Why I think the wild hare up our ass triple reveal rumor from November may actually be onto something:

-If Cacomallow is real but Geno's not 6, would they really wait a long time to reveal 7 (presumably Geno)?

-Smash website was updated for space in the code for 5, 6, and 7 around the time of Terry. I talk about this here back in early November:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1604#post-23632688

-If the SNES game dump rumor is true, SMRPG has a decent shot of being one of the games given it was on the SNES Classic and both Virtual Consoles.

-Last Smash announcement will have been 4 months ago starting in early January. Gap between Joker and Heranjo was almost 7 months so having at least two characters to "tide people over" wouldn't be unusual.

Every time there's been a single character announcement trailer (Ridley, Isabelle, and Joker), it's been followed up by presentations with multiple announcements. Ridley was followed by the August Direct with 5 characters and two full on trailers, Isabelle was followed up by the November Direct with 3 characters and one technically two trailers (Keniroar and WoL), and Joker was followed by the E3 Direct with 2 characters with two full on trailers. Suppose this continues for Terry? Three characters but two trailers?

Fun stuff.
Another small bit of info that could or could not help Geno is the fact that releasing SMRPG on the SNES Online service makes pretty much a lot of sense regarding historic value. As the game was the first Mario RPG ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom