• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My thoughts on Cacomallow: if it's real, "Mallow" and "Cacodemon" will be shared in close succession. This is one of the reasons why I entertain the triple reveal idea because none of my contacts think Geno is 6. We've never had a hard leak where content wasn't shared in a close time frame. It would be too much of an elephant in the room. "Okay, Cacodemon is real but we're going to wait until E3 to reveal Mallow is real too, lulz!" Can you imagine?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
-According to rumors, Indies and echoes are all but confirmed toast. One of the few things all my contacts agree on. THIS IS OUR SPECULATION. Sakurai already deconfirmed echoes himself but the evidence is super stacked now that he was 100% serious. Best treatment for Indies seems to be the "Sans treatment." It's gotten to the point that Travis and Steve are the only two indies that my contacts believe have a real chance of becoming playable eventually but I honestly doubt both (especially Steve given he was already leakbait for Banjo).
Oh, I know about these things but my contacts are still hanging onto those two for whatever reason. Suda himself saying Travis wasn't joining Smash not once but twice in a year feels like death to me. I can't see either Steve or Travis happening and this is probably one of the few things I strongly disagree with my contacts on.
A few things on Travis. For starters (and I'm sure you know this), Travis Touchdown isn't indie.

And second of all, I don't see Travis getting Fighter #5. But post-pass? He is pretty likely I'd say. Look, Suda has many times said how he wants Travis in the game and is pretty vocal about his opinions. If he were in the game (decided around the last time he asked, let's say), it would be pretty darn suspicious for him to give a non-answer. Wasn't there an interview with an SNK Corporation person and they said how they really wanted a character in Smash and asked Sakurai for it (he was like "please Sakurai!")? Regardless, even if Travis was decided around the last time Suda was asked, I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun, Fatman. I mean, you can have reservations on the character, but I think saying his chances are basically dead due to a reaction is a little much. I'm not banking on Travis hardcore, but putting his chances as basically dead due Suda's reaction seems silly to me.

Putting that aside, Travis does has things going for him. For starters, Suda and Sakurai are good friends AND Suda wants Travis in the game. I could definitely see a situation to how Snake got in. Also, the No More Heroes series is closely associated with Nintendo and now the series' 3rd mainline installment is coming out so they could advertise the game with Travis in Smash as a bonus. Now, of course, things making sense for a character don't have to mean anything in the end, as Sakurai is usually never obvious. But still, I feel as if these things are important to keep in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My thoughts on Cacomallow: if it's real, "Mallow" and "Cacodemon" will be shared in close succession. This is one of the reasons why I entertain the triple reveal idea because none of my contacts think Geno is 6. We've never had a hard leak where content wasn't shared in a close time frame. It would be too much of an elephant in the room. "Okay, Cacodemon is real but we're going to wait until E3 to reveal Mallow is real too, lulz!" Can you imagine?
I don't think it's too much of a stretch, since Nintendo has accidentally leaked stuff themselves only to reveal it when they're good and damn ready. Ganondorf in Smash 4, the stickers leak in Brawl...

Besides, they're sitting in a good place for the Mallowdemon leak because it was just costumes. Let's say they show off Vault Boy as #5 and then whoever #6 is in a dual reveal, but don't show costumes because they actually do just wait until February for the breakdown with Sakurai or whatever they intend for Vault Boy + release, then they show off the Mii costumes, there's a chance that Geno gets revealed before or soon after that. There wouldn't be a huge delay at all if they moved as quickly as they probably are able to on post pass characters.

castinets98

Smash Cadet
the person who mentioned the banjo costumes and mallow and smithy also implied crash, right? trying to keep everything straight.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't worr

A few things on Travis. For starters (and I'm sure you know this), Travis Touchdown isn't indie.

And second of all, I don't see Travis getting Fighter #5. But post-pass? He is pretty likely I'd say. Look, Suda has many times said how he wants Travis in the game and is pretty vocal about his opinions. If he were in the game (decided around the last time he asked, let's say), it would be pretty darn suspicious for him to give a non-answer. Wasn't there an interview with an SNK Corporation person and they said how they really wanted a character in Smash and asked Sakurai for it (he was like "please Sakurai!")? Regardless, even if Travis was decided around the last time Suda was asked, I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun, Fatman. I mean, you can have reservations on the character, but I think saying his chances are basically dead due to a reaction is a little much. I'm not banking on Travis hardcore, but putting his chances as basically dead due Suda's reaction seems silly to me.

Putting that aside, Travis does has things going for him. For starters, Suda and Sakurai are good friends AND Suda wants Travis in the game. I could definitely see a situation to how Snake got in. Also, the No More Heroes series is closely associated with Nintendo and now the series' 3rd mainline installment is coming out so they could advertise the game with Travis in Smash as a bonus. Now, of course, things making sense for a character don't have to mean anything in the end, as Sakurai is usually never obvious. But still, I feel as if these things are important to keep in mind.
I can accept this. In my opinion, Travis is like Sora and one of those characters that there will be an honest attempt to get them in... Eventually, as in "Season 3" or the next game. He's definitely one of those characters in the waiting room but seems held back by comments from his creator. Is Suda 100% serious? Will Suda change his mind? We can't answer either question without a shadow of a doubt which is why I have doubt but definitely entertain the idea. I have no personal attachment to Travis but I do recognize him as what is scientifically classified as a "good ass character" and why I would welcome him despite my doubt.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While Steve was leakbait during the Fighters Pass, there’s still a chance Sakurai could decide on him for future DLC. I don’t think him being leakbait is an issue for this, since Season 2 and its characters weren’t planned at the time. This also goes for Geno.

Anyway, I had a good Christmas.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
the person who mentioned the banjo costumes and mallow and smithy also implied crash, right? trying to keep everything straight.
Yes but he disagrees with the source he got that from. His source believed Crash was coming but would be 5. None of my contacts believe this and neither have I. Nowadays, me and Mii Costume Guy more or less agree that E3 would be the perfect time for Crash.

Okay, Papagenos has joked about this in a lot of his videos but nailing down the timing of things and a lot of sources feel like things will happen soon after they hear them. For example, the SMRPG costumes and Banjo costumes. I want to say that Mii costume guy got the list in June but didn't share it with Papagenos until July. It also didn't specify anything: it was just a list of names. Based on the timing, Mii costume guy simply assumed the SMRPG names were costumes coming with Hero and the rest were coming with Banjo despite no RARE/Microsoft names. He was wrong about the SMRPG costumes coming with Hero but right about Banjo's Mii costumes despite the timing of the reveal being a guess on his part.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, it has been quite a while since Papagenos has posted a video. Ever since VGA, the channel has been silent. I get speculation is now dry, but it still feels odd. I hope he is okay.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Double dip with Chief as the possible character? I'm all in on that! As of now, Chief and Geno are my top two most wanted characters!

I saw where someone said Crono was highly requested since Melee/Brawl. I love Crono and have always supported him, but I don't think he is one of the big ones like Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie. Still, want him, but if we are going back requested since those games, I'm not sure if Crono fits that.

castinets98

Smash Cadet
Yes but he disagrees with the source he got that from. His source believed Crash was coming but would be 5. None of my contacts believe this and neither have I. Nowadays, me and Mii Costume Guy more or less agree that E3 would be the perfect time for Crash.

Okay, Papagenos has joked about this in a lot of his videos but nailing down the timing of things and a lot of sources feel like things will happen soon after they hear them. For example, the SMRPG costumes and Banjo costumes. I want to say that Mii costume guy got the list in June but didn't share it with Papagenos until July. It also didn't specify anything: it was just a list of names. Based on the timing, Mii costume guy simply assumed the SMRPG names were costumes coming with Hero and the rest were coming with Banjo despite no RARE/Microsoft names. He was wrong about the SMRPG costumes coming with Hero but right about Banjo's Mii costumes despite the timing of the reveal being a guess on his part.
yeah i wasn't trying to indict this info by saying "hey they said crash is 5 this info is now nullified." actually i was kind of going in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Get the pro controller.

I know it costs a bit, but trust me, it's waaaay better than the joycon.

Not only that but smash is a joycon killer, you'll experience the dreaded drift within a week or so from playing smash with one.
Definetly will consinder it I wouldn't mind getting it but if not I will keep an eye on the situation of how it plays thanks for the recommendation apperciate it.

Happy birthday RetrogamerMax.

Going to post a response to the new information by Fatmanonice very interesting.

domriver

Smash Lord
All my contacts agree on 5 being a third party Western character. Three agree on the company, two agree on the character, and one source thinks it's a totally different Western company. I hard disagree with the last one for a lot of reasons, the biggest being I don't think "double dipping" company wise was ever planned for the Fighter's Pass. This is why I said "GG" for Geno being 5 as far back as August. No offense to that contact but I don't believe their theory for 5.

As for 6 (possibly 7), let's just say that the feeling in the air is similar to how Banjo was. Banjo was a secret too good to keep. Yes, I knew about Banjo in April but it eventually got to the point that everyone was practically screaming it. Game channels were being hella coy, people were dropping the most unsubtle hints ever, insiders were yeeting themselves to their respective bunkers before big news drops, and even retailers couldn't STFU. It was great watching this happen and being like:

View attachment 254723

That said, it's happening again (and also makes me think sooner than later) and why I've been saying for almost two months that the next Direct is going to destroy us in the best of ways if even a fraction of the rumors are true.
1577471393420.png

D

Deleted member

Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

I decided to compile all the Smash rumors from my four contacts since early November as easy reference:

-All my contacts believe that 5 and 6 will be shown in the same presentation or at least very close together.

-Most of my contacts believe Cacomallow is real. One doesn't.

-Most of my contacts believe 5 will be one of the only Western characters added. Most agree on the identity but, again, one guy doesn't. They still all agree it's a Western character though..

-Lots of disagreements about 6. Some say it's a bonus character (like Plant), one says it's a full pack, complete with a stage, music, and 6 Mii costumes. On that topic...

-One of the two Christmas rumors: For the Pack 6 rumors, character will be totally unrelated to all its content. The pack will include 4 Mii costumes from the same series and 2 indies with music from two totally different games. Supposedly it will come with a spirit board too, again, totally unrelated to the character.

-One absolutely crazy rumor from November that 5, 6, and 7 will all be revealed together. None of my contacts believe it but half have heard it.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-According to rumors, Indies and echoes are all but confirmed toast. One of the few things all my contacts agree on. THIS IS OUR SPECULATION. Sakurai already deconfirmed echoes himself but the evidence is super stacked now that he was 100% serious. Best treatment for Indies seems to be the "Sans treatment." It's gotten to the point that Travis and Steve are the only two indies that my contacts believe have a real chance of becoming playable eventually but I honestly doubt both (especially Steve given he was already leakbait for Banjo).

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."
-In terms of who fighter #5 is if it is a western character that's a great way to end it off I'm not even going to take a guess as to who it is we'll just have to find out when it's ready to be revealed.

- Don't know who 6 is ether but knowing how Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai operate I know it'll be someone good. They always deliver sure they will again I'm sure this goes for 7 too.

- If it's longtime requests Geno, Isaac, Takamaru, Lloyd all come to mind. Geno and Lloyd yes I can see Isaac I want him in badly but not sure about his chances. Takamaru probably is staying an assist trophy hope he gets in someday.

-Shame about echoes and Indies Sorry Shantae and Shadow hope you get you're chance someday to be in game. Would love Travis Touchdown Steve too. We got Banjo & Kazooie and their perfect so of Microsoft wants it I'm down. But seems unlikely. Don't know what the costume or music will be should've fun to find out.

-Thanks for information again from your sources and you Fatmanonice much obliged.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Just an interesting little factoid for those of you who didn't watch Arlo's video...

He makes his predictions for the all of 2020 including Ultimate DLC, and his claims for character predictions are:
  1. Geno as FP#5
  2. Travis Touchdown as #6
  3. Rayman as #7
  4. Dr. Robotnik as #8
  5. Customizable Hunter from Monster Hunter as #9
  6. Master Chief as #10 and being the last of the DLC that Ultimate will receive
Now first and foremost, shame on you all who thought this was anything more than predictions. If you actually WATCH the video or READ the title of it, you will know about the contents of the video. Also, some simple research can show you that while Arlo has made a couple of predictions that came wildly true, he is not a leaker or insider.

Second, I have trouble agreeing with some of these being possible at all or at least in what order. Geno being #5 isn't impossible but it's very unlikely and as much as I'd love for that to happen I don't expect it. I find it funny, however, that youtubers who both have no insider information (Arlo) and those who do (GameXplain) keep talking about both Geno being possible and happening sooner than we think he will be. And then we had Geno being a prominate figure in KFAD despite losing super early yet again? Who would have thought we would push the blue puppet boi to such heights!

I think Travis Touchdown, Rayman and Dr. Robotnik are all possible but I'm not sure of how likely they are. I get that people have said that Suda was all like 'Nah, not this time chief!' but frankly we've seen people who work on games both allude to no and flat-out say no and then it ends up happening. Remember: NDAs allow you to allude to no or say no, but not yes. On top of this, it sounds like this may have been a timeframe where Suda wasn't approached by Sakurai yet and that it could have happened later in the year to be made a reality, but that's just my speculation without knowing too much about the dates. Rayman being proof of the partnership with Ubisoft makes sense to me and if Sega gets another character I can only foresee Dr. Robotnik but I'm not confident on Sega getting another character.

I disagree completely on Monster Hunter as we already got the 'Mario' 'Ryu' or 'Terry' of Monster Hunter, and that is Rathalos. If Sakurai had wanted to upgrade the costumes to playable for Monster Hunter, it would have been done when negotiating for Rathalos...but it didn't happen, so I wouldn't expect them at all. Cool idea, but Mii Fighters already exist so...yeah.

I don't see MC happening at all, personally. I think :ultbanjokazooie: was a one-time thing and that we will not get any more character from Microsoft. On top of that, I really doubt the DLC will end here. I think that Sakurai may try to gun for 100 fighters before calling it a day mainly because this is clearly his magnum opus and if he is finally enjoying working on Smash for the first time in a long time, why would he quit just yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on to speculation, I'm not going to act like Sakurai's tweets are hinting at any character or a release date or anything. I just think he's having some fun at the end of the year. However, he is what I will say: his tweets confirmed something many of us thought, which that the dev build has an option to have all the characters taunt at the EXACT same time. Like, we all pretty much knew this and this is one of many tools they have to create cute stuff for trailers and photos both in and out of game...but to me, this basically locks in CacoMallow. Why?

Well one of the big things that people hated on the image itself was that it was possible to nearly perfectly time that photo being taken but even then it was VERY difficult to do by just a regular user. However, looking back at the Ken Debug leak as proof, it would be MUCH easier for both the Ken Debug photo and the CacoMallow photo to be taken in a dev build just with that simple 'Okay, now pose all at once like it's WarioWare stage and your life depends on it!' command. This to me goes towards Occam's Razor (which, for simplicity sake of a definition, means that the simplest answer or solution is likely the correct one) because to apply Occam's Razor you have to do the following:
  1. For each explanation, determine how many assumptions and conditions are required to make to make that explanation correct.
  2. If an explanation requires multiple assumptions or conditions versus another explanation, demand evidence to prove the strength of those claims.
  3. The wilder the claim the stronger the needed evidence to back it up.
For CacoMallow being a real leak, it requires less assumptions and evidence to back it up and we have evidence for it. It's actually rather simple: a dev leaked both an image and videos of gameplay of future Mii costumes which could hint at future characters. We have the evidence that the devs have a simple command to get all character to taunt at the same time, we have evidence that devs have leaked real information before via an image with all the characters taunting at the same time, we have evidence that both the image and the videos hold multiple similarities to the Ken Debug leak to prove that the image and the videos are in fact in Debug Mode, and we have circumstantial evidence in the fact that even after all this time no one has come out and proven they faked it and that no one has been able to replicate it perfectly but rather (again much like the Ken Debug leak) that no one can prove it and the leak has been all but forgotten about by the masses.

Now, when you compare this to CacoMallow being fake...

Well there are a lot more assumptions and a lot less evidence and the assumptions are much more wild. The argument here is that a single person managed to mod the game in a way no one had figured out how to do before and still not to the extend that this person has done to provide quality Mii costumes while dealing with a system of file compressing that only Bandai Namco and the Sakurai Crew really know how to manage fully correctly and every other modder complains about how difficult it is to manage...and then not only did this TWICE (once per costume) but also designed them in a way that is higher quality than nearly any other mod and is nearly professional-level quality (looks like they are actually made by Ultimate devs) as well as designing the Cacodemon hat in a way that would be Nintendo-approved as more 'family-friendly' rather than just taking an easier approach AND took the time to perfectly time three characters taunting at the same time without dev tools at a SPECIFIC time on a stage and from a SPECIFIC angle that would be easier to get with dev tools and taking all this effort to just LOOK professional...all just for some internet points and 'stirring the pot' and still has yet to come out and take credit for the fake leak all this time later?

Yeah...

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Double dip with Chief as the possible character? I'm all in on that! As of now, Chief and Geno are my top two most wanted characters!

I saw where someone said Crono was highly requested since Melee/Brawl. I love Crono and have always supported him, but I don't think he is one of the big ones like Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie. Still, want him, but if we are going back requested since those games, I'm not sure if Crono fits that.
Things are looking amazing for Chief, if what Fatman’s saying has any truth to it.

Even if he isn’t #5 like he seems to doubt, simply having #5 be a Bethesda character that specifically isn’t Slayer would open up a far easier path for him, as even though I could absolutely see them both in as characters with very unique movesets, getting Chief and Slayer incredibly close to each other would seem like overkill.

To keep this on-topic, a Chief and Geno double reveal trailer has so much possibility, imagine a Scarab being taken down by the combined force of Spartan Laser and Geno Beam.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

I decided to compile all the Smash rumors from my four contacts since early November as easy reference:

-All my contacts believe that 5 and 6 will be shown in the same presentation or at least very close together.

-Most of my contacts believe Cacomallow is real. One doesn't.

-Most of my contacts believe 5 will be one of the only Western characters added. Most agree on the identity but, again, one guy doesn't. They still all agree it's a Western character though..

-Lots of disagreements about 6. Some say it's a bonus character (like Plant), one says it's a full pack, complete with a stage, music, and 6 Mii costumes. On that topic...

-One of the two Christmas rumors: For the Pack 6 rumors, character will be totally unrelated to all its content. The pack will include 4 Mii costumes from the same series and 2 indies with music from two totally different games. Supposedly it will come with a spirit board too, again, totally unrelated to the character.

-One absolutely crazy rumor from November that 5, 6, and 7 will all be revealed together. None of my contacts believe it but half have heard it.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."

Hmmmm... my unprofessional thoughts.

#5 is Skyrim guy I'm thinking. Third party western character that might upset fans of a certain character by way of exclusion/relegated to Mii Costume (Doomguy), perfect spot for sword fighter costumes... it's adding up. Plus Skyrim was like, pretty much the first thing Nintendo showed playing on the Switch during the Switch's reveal, so it's got that going for it.

#6. Now I would have THOUGHT Geno, and were Geno a BONUS character like Piranha Plant, it would make sense, maybe make him come with a couple music tracks that'll play on any previous Mario stage and that's that. But the idea that 6 is a PACK but with largely unrelated content... it'd be easy to also say Geno for the same reasons but where would that leave the Mallow hat (unless "4 from the same series" means the same series as the supposed character, then I can see 4 "Mario" costumes and one of them happens to be the Mallow hat while others are like... a shell hat or something like that. )... the only other thing I could think of in that case is maybe a Pokemon character, since there's already a TON of Pokemon spirits, some of which just got added via update, and Pokemon has been very... stingy? Regarding Mii Costumes, hence why the Rocket Grunt costume was such a surprise. Heck, even Mario Maker had trouble getting Pokemon costumes for Mario Maker 1 if I remember correctly.

5, 6 AND 7 being revealed TOGETHER... if Nintendo wants to hype up 2020, that's definitely one way to do it. Especially if they shadowdrop #5 the same day as the reveal. 5 shadowdrops in January/February, 6 in March/April, 7 in May, then E3 comes and reveals more.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Wynn, why do you consider it to be a realistic stance to take to view Geno's chances as being nil? I'm curious to hear your thought process to come to that conclusion. If you've already explained it in the past, I apologize for asking again.
With the way the pass four Fighters Pass characters have been it shows that they're going to be characters from series that haven't been represented at all in the base game of Smash Bros. If the character is going to be DLC then they wouldn't include them as a Spirit, especially when Spirits are the easiest thing to make and they knew a head of time of how the DLC is going to go down when compare to Smash 4. With all this stuff I don't think Geno or any character that's a Spirit is going to be the Fifth Fighter. Everything after the Fighter Pass is probably free game depending on what mind set Sakurai has. He considers Spirits to be a fun way to interact with characters that aren't playable and he's all about trying to represent as much character as possible in any way shape or form. Maybe he would look at characters that are Assist Trophies & Spirits & think that it's good enough since he believes fans are happy with any kind of representation, and then move on to getting new series that aren't represent at all instead to expend how much of a giant crossover Smash Bros Ultimate is. Or maybe he'll go back and flesh out characters due to fan demand. Can't get a good idea of what Sakurai wants to do with DLC afterwards until we see what the first character is.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm... my unprofessional thoughts.

#5 is Skyrim guy I'm thinking. Third party western character that might upset fans of a certain character by way of exclusion/relegated to Mii Costume (Doomguy), perfect spot for sword fighter costumes... it's adding up. Plus Skyrim was like, pretty much the first thing Nintendo showed playing on the Switch during the Switch's reveal, so it's got that going for it.

#6. Now I would have THOUGHT Geno, and were Geno a BONUS character like Piranha Plant, it would make sense, maybe make him come with a couple music tracks that'll play on any previous Mario stage and that's that. But the idea that 6 is a PACK but with largely unrelated content... it'd be easy to also say Geno for the same reasons but where would that leave the Mallow hat (unless "4 from the same series" means the same series as the supposed character, then I can see 4 "Mario" costumes and one of them happens to be the Mallow hat while others are like... a shell hat or something like that. )... the only other thing I could think of in that case is maybe a Pokemon character, since there's already a TON of Pokemon spirits, some of which just got added via update, and Pokemon has been very... stingy? Regarding Mii Costumes, hence why the Rocket Grunt costume was such a surprise. Heck, even Mario Maker had trouble getting Pokemon costumes for Mario Maker 1 if I remember correctly.

5, 6 AND 7 being revealed TOGETHER... if Nintendo wants to hype up 2020, that's definitely one way to do it. Especially if they shadowdrop #5 the same day as the reveal. 5 shadowdrops in February, 6 in March/April, 7 in May, then E3 comes and reveals more.
Honestly, when I comes to fighter #5, I have the feeling that it's actually not going to be a Skyrim character. If anything, I see other Besthesda characters like maybe Fallout as more suitable. If we're getting more personal, however, I just don't think that Dragonborn would have an interesting moveset at all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just a reminder that, if you think this western character is Dragonborn, Doomguy, or another Bethesda character, we do have threads for them.

https://smashboards.com/threads/there-is-one-they-fear-dragonborn-shouts-them-down.450437/
https://smashboards.com/threads/at-smashs-gate-the-doom-marine-doomguy-doom-slayer-thread.446546/

It might help to increase the support in those threads (as well as brightening the mood of the regulars) if they hear about this. I figure that, if this is hinting that the fifth character is one of them, and if these sources are reliable (I'm not sure what they've gotten right in the past), it would make sense to make them aware of it, at the very least. (I don't know how much overlap there is between the Geno thread and these other two)

Even if these turn out to not be true, or have the timing wrong, it gives them more material to discuss.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Arlo? Love his videos. Yeah, I don't think he's an insider or anything but I think he's adding to the current Banjo-esque "climate" and, given his charm and general friendliness, I wouldn't be surprised if he had friends in the know to some degree. Do I think he's being genuine in his predictions? Yes but at the same time I wonder if they're swayed in any way by things he's possibly heard. In short, I don't think he's being coy by predicting Geno in Smash but I feel like that confidence may come from somewhere.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sabi's not wrong. I don't leak, I share rumors I think are credible/probable based on the sources they come from. Besides that, the top admins of this site have requested to keep this stuff away so, uh, let's.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good Lord...Where is the bit where our boy is saying "SPECULATION!?"

Also now I have the image of Spongebob doing the rainbow Imagination but instead of that its "Speculation"

EDIT: Hmmm I wonder if Geno ever thought of termites as a problem before taking over the doll? The scenario in my head is thus "Finally! I was able to take over this doll with ease" *notices tiny bugs on him* "Oh hello! What is yo- OH DEAR STAR SPIRITS!?!"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So there's this.
As a reminder, while discussion of leaks (primarily leaks that involve Geno, or seem to directly impact his chances like the CacoMallow video) is fine, bringing in leaker-related drama (such as bickering between several leakers) is not. All it does is stir up trouble, get people angry, and cause lots of flaming or trolling posts.

Looking over my last few posts, I've been posting a bunch of reminders today, huh? Haha.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Another Nintendo rep could still happen even in the Season Pass.
Hard disagree.
We know that characters like Rex and ARMS couldn't make it in, even in the Fighters Pass, due to when they release and when Smash Bros Ultimate was planned. So if Nintendo character that were revealed in 2017 are off the table then that means characters that released after Xenoblade 2 should be off the table as well. That means no Pokemon Sw/Sh and no Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Now we know that each Fighter Pass character brings their own unique Spirit Boards filled with characters that haven't been represented at all in the base game. If we look at every single Nintendo series that is in Smash Bros we see that just about every recognizable character from each series is in the game, we only have a small handful of characters missing. That small handful of missing character isn't enough to make a proper unique Spirit Board, if you had a character from the Kirby or Mario series as the Fifth Fighter then their Spirit Board will only comprise of extremely obscure character. Compare that to how Persona 5 had every Phantom Thieves along with supporting characters, Dragon Quest had the most recognizable enemies, Banjo had just about every major character that they made models for (well, every character that appear in the background for Spiral Mountain is a Spirit due to them making unique models), and Fatal Fury had a bunch of iconic SNK characters that were represented in the 50 SNK music track. With the way things have been going it seems extremely unlikely that would make the next Spirit Board be filled with obscure Nintendo characters. If the Nintendo character was going to be DLC then they would hold a good amount of Spirits back for the Spirit Board. We know that these Spirits aren't hard to make; they Google Image most of them, they already have an AI made up for CPU players, all they really had to do was come up with a scenario and enter in some assets like "strong wind" or "poison floor" or "characters are invisible"

It's super unlikely that the Fifth Fighter is going to be a Nintendo character at this point.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Reminder to keep off site drama off site.
Good Lord...Where is the bit where our boy is saying "SPECULATION!?"

Also now I have the image of Spongebob doing the rainbow Imagination but instead of that its "Speculation"
As a reminder, while discussion of leaks (primarily leaks that involve Geno, or seem to improve his chances like the CacoMallow video) is fine, bringing in leaker-related drama (such as bickering between several leakers) is not. All it does is stir up trouble, get people angry, and cause lots of flaming or trolling posts.

Looking over my last few posts, I've been posting a bunch of reminders today, huh? Haha.
Totally my bad, I forgot about that rule regarding S***. Thank you for the reminder, sorry again everyone! I legitimately forgot that rule.

( Megadoomer Megadoomer Would you like to please delete my post?)

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Watch Doom Guy and Geno be playable and the mii costume video WAS real......except that their releases aren't side by side and one could be character 76 and the other be character 84. It could be that they already made all the Mii costumes that will be released over the next year or so and the leak by chance had those sets being play tested.

In other words, if true, people believe that the characters will be revealed close to each other but there's a chance one is early and the other is near the end of Ultimate's DLC.

So please reveal Geno early, Sakurai.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Let's get back to Geno here.
If Geno is more of a run and gun type character, should he have a kill throw of any kind? Most of those have been rather inconsistent but I think it would be kind of funny to see Geno have up-throw as a kill throw like Mewtwo or even Lucas.

"Looks like you're going to the star realm Mario."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom